The Nail Thread

I would think of that as pewter I think.

And BEATIFUL FEET. I have trotters, swollen and with a horrid webbed toe thing going on on my already not long enough toes. Long toes are the most beautiful I think, and it's unusual for me to put something as definite live as 'most'

Love the sleeve.

Pewter is a good word too. Gunmetal black was also suggested. But it's Max Factor's Max Effect #20 Silver. It's a good color for me, because I like dark colors and metal colors, so a dark metal color is just perfect for my taste. No idea if it matches my skin tone. :D

Long toes makes shoe shopping difficult, especially flipflops and sandals. I have serious manfeet. They look ok from afar though, so I just have to make sure nobody gets too close. :)

I like the sweater I'm wearing, too. J calls it "the flesh sweater", because he thinks it looks like I'm not wearing any shirt at all (not true, btw). I've been trying to make him call it "the nude sweater" or even "the skin sweater", but to no avail. :rolleyes:

I love this version of silver, seela. :)

Elle, those colors. @_@ :heart:

I really love the more coppery colors. And that greenish one is so pretty!

Break a nail?

I'm not wearing polish right now. My nails are getting a long break because I managed to crack one while gardening on Sunday. It's not too bad so I'm letting it be, but if I needed to have nice nails, I would do a patch job with a tea bag. This tutorial is the easiest I've found and doesn't require nail glue (I don't own nail glue). It works pretty well and I managed to get through a really bad break once by doing this.

21-fabulous-fallwinter-nail-trends15.jpg

this is more like the beaches I'm used to. All pebbles.

pebbles.jpg

Whenever I see long nails like that I get arm chills because my mind always goes to 'what if she fell over and they tore off'?

I've decided not to be responsible today and instead I bought eyeshadow and did my nails. Fuck responsibility today.

I haven't finished cleaning up the edges in this photo. I used Commander in Chic as my base color and Queen of Beauty on top. My toes are painted the same but only the big toe has the glitter polish. :)

I really love the way you have done the glitter :rose:

:D While I was out today I found a set of press-ons with a really pretty mauve and silver glitter like this. I didn't have a pretty mauve, but this neutral looked pretty to me. So they're inspired by that.

Last edited:
I've decided not to be responsible today and instead I bought eyeshadow and did my nails. Fuck responsibility today.

I haven't finished cleaning up the edges in this photo. I used Commander in Chic as my base color and Queen of Beauty on top. My toes are painted the same but only the big toe has the glitter polish. :)

Trés chic! Love the Commander in Chic. :)

I'm sporting Lake Blue. I've never seen a lake that's this shade of blue, though. Now with breakfast.

I used to have a blue just like this one, seela. :) It looks really good.

I should be focusing on other things, but nail polish is my happy activity. :)

I mentioned before that I'm not a fan of matte colors, but this one is so nice. It's actually made me more open to matte styles. I have on Glazy Sunday (lavender) and Queen of Beauty. The glitter may look a little interesting in the picture because I used a matte topcoat over it to take away some of the shine.

I didn't have a matte topcoat, I made my own by adding cornstarch to a bottle of clear coat. :D I made sure to use a clear coat that was almost finished because once you add the cornstarch you can't take it back.

I should be focusing on other things, but nail polish is my happy activity. :)

I mentioned before that I'm not a fan of matte colors, but this one is so nice. It's actually made me more open to matte styles. I have on Glazy Sunday (lavender) and Queen of Beauty. The glitter may look a little interesting in the picture because I used a matte topcoat over it to take away some of the shine.

I didn't have a matte topcoat, I made my own by adding cornstarch to a bottle of clear coat. :D I made sure to use a clear coat that was almost finished because once you add the cornstarch you can't take it back.

Looks great and nice to see you aboard the tea mug boat, too. :cool:

I used to do that one nail in different color thing too, but I haven't done it in a few years. Maybe I should give it a go, too.

It never would have occurred to me to make my own matte topcoat! You're so clever.

Looks great and nice to see you aboard the tea mug boat, too. :cool:

I used to do that one nail in different color thing too, but I haven't done it in a few years. Maybe I should give it a go, too.

It never would have occurred to me to make my own matte topcoat! You're so clever.

:D The mug was the only thing that worked.

It seems to still be a popular thing to do. I'm not sure how I feel about it on my own nails. I'm trying to get used to it. I'll probably start doing nail art again because I kind of miss it. Also, do it.

I'm not so clever. f^_^; The Internet is vast. The Internet for me is like getting sucked into Wikipedia. I just keep going forever so I've come across all kinds of neat things. I also tend to look for homemade alternatives when I'm strapped for time/cash and generally find nifty little tips. I've also found ways to make nail polish colors using eyeshadow, it looks pretty cool. I like the topcoat more than purchasing a bunch of matte polishes. I can use anything I already own and turn it matte whenever I want. :cool: I'm saving money.

:D The mug was the only thing that worked.

It seems to still be a popular thing to do. I'm not sure how I feel about it on my own nails. I'm trying to get used to it. I'll probably start doing nail art again because I kind of miss it. Also, do it.

I'm not so clever. f^_^; The Internet is vast. The Internet for me is like getting sucked into Wikipedia. I just keep going forever so I've come across all kinds of neat things. I also tend to look for homemade alternatives when I'm strapped for time/cash and generally find nifty little tips. I've also found ways to make nail polish colors using eyeshadow, it looks pretty cool. I like the topcoat more than purchasing a bunch of matte polishes. I can use anything I already own and turn it matte whenever I want. :cool: I'm saving money.

Well it wouldn't have even occurred to me to see if you can make your own matte topcoat. :)

I didn't do the one nail in different color thing. Here's my feeble attempt at marble nails, though. I still need to clean it up a bit more. And clearly I need to start moisturizing my hands and nails with the heavy stuff again. :rolleyes:

Like! How do you do that, Seela?

Put nailpolish in water, it'll float on top, use as many colors as you wish. Then make swirls with a tooth pick and dunk your nail in. Use the tooth pick to pick up the excess nailpolish before you take your finger out of the water, just swirl it around in the water and the excess will stick to it.

You'll have to work pretty fast so that the nailpolish raft doesn't dry up, because then the colors won't mix anymore. And you'll wanna use nailpolish that is pretty runny. Some types, even if runny, won't work at all. I have a few that I thought would be great for this, but they just don't mix at all.

You can use tape around your nails to protect your skin, it'll make the clean up easier afterwards.

I really like the colors you used for the marble, seela. So pretty. :) This is one I haven't tried yet. I think I have too many plans for my nails at the moment. (^o^)

I really like the colors you used for the marble, seela. So pretty. :) This is one I haven't tried yet. I think I have too many plans for my nails at the moment. (^o^)

Thanks. They're Go Go Girl and Spring Flower from Sinful Colors. I painted the nail with a very light shimmering pink first before doing the marble.

This is the only nail art technique I have managed to somewhat pull off. I'll still have to try the newspaper thing you told about at some point, though. :)

Edit: And I really look forward to seeing what you're gonna do with your nails! :)

Thanks. They're Go Go Girl and Spring Flower from Sinful Colors. I painted the nail with a very light shimmering pink first before doing the marble.

This is the only nail art technique I have managed to somewhat pull off. I'll still have to try the newspaper thing you told about at some point, though. :)

Edit: And I really look forward to seeing what you're gonna do with your nails! :)

(*^_^*) I hope you'll try it. I will have to start rolling dice to see what to do next.

Back