Just for Kicks (closed for cynstv)

No worries, Tori, I'm fine, if you are.

Starting to feel the effects of the medicine, Tori managed to shrug off her embarrassment and settled in to enjoy the movie. She was vaguely aware when Steve moved his arm, but just assumed he was getting comfortable himself.

It was relaxing watching the movie with someone who seemed as familiar with it as she was. They traded off quoting dialogue along with the movie, and she giggled every time he tried to do a Sicilian intoned "Inconceivable".

As the movie continued, Tori slowly put the earlier events of the evening behind her, and it didn't register when she ended up slowly snuggling into his side. Between the blanket and his delicious body heat, she started to feel more and more sleepy despite her every intention to finish the movie.

Her eyelids grew heavier and heavier until finally she rested her head against him and let them close, telling herself that she'd just rest them while she listened to the movie.
 
Steve relaxed with Tori, enjoying the movie, and the banter back and forth. He got a kick out of the fact that she giggled when he tried his hand at impersonating the no so crafty Sicilian. He enjoyed her giggle enough, that he kept up with it, for the sheer pleasure of watching her laugh.

As the movie went on, Tori snuggled into him. Initially, Steve felt self conscious, afraid she would misinterpret his motivations, but as the movie went on, her warmth, her smell, her mere presence was intoxicating. Steve found himself enjoying her snuggling, and slowly allowed his arm to rest around her, being extremely careful not to seem too assuming.

Steve felt Tori's breathing deepen, and noticed her eyes having trouble staying open. Steve's eyelids were having trouble staying open as well, his adrenaline rush earlier was now sapping his energy, and the fact that everything seemed so peaceful, so right, Steve found himself drifting off, his arm still resting around Tori, both of them sharing a single blanket.

By the time the movie came to an end, Steve didn't even notice, as he was contentedly snuggling against Tori, dozing.
 
Tori tried to snuggle more deeply into her body pillow and couldn't figure out why it didn't seem as soft as it normally was. Murmuring softly, she rubbed her cheek against it, brows furrowing.

She had been having the oddest dream about Princess Bride set to a martial art theme, and while it hadn't been a scary dream...there was something about it that was niggling at her, trying to wake her up, but she didn't want to... Not yet. With her comforter wrapped around her like a warm embrace, she drifted back to sleep.
 
Steve woke up when he felt Tori stir against him. Looking down, he saw her brow furrow in her sleep. Without thinking, he wrapped her up in his arm closer to him and whispered, "It's ok, I am here."

He assumed she was having a nightmare, probably about her having being attacked. Lightly, he caressed her back, then stopped abruptly realizing just how personal that might be construed as being, and let his hand rest on her back.

Steve allowed his eyes to close again, drifting back off...
 
Tori woke up slowly with a crick in her neck, an ache in her foot and a certainty that she was running a temperature so warm did she feel. She opened her eyes and blinked slowly, trying to process everything. The TV was on with the start screen to the Princess Bride playing on an endless loop. The lights were on, although she couldn't quite make out what time it was. And she was cuddled up alongside Ryan, who must have fallen asleep too.

Nuzzling into Ryan's side, seeking a slightly more comfortable spot for her neck, Tori's eyes had just about shut once more before it hit her that there was no way that Ryan would had willingly sat through the movie again and her eyes blinked back open. Turning her head slowly, she realized that she was sprawled all over Steve, who had his hand laying almost protectively on her back, although she wasn't sure if he realized what he was doing as he was still sound asleep.

Not wanting to wake him up, Tori stayed where she was, just listening to the steady sound of his heart beat, unsure how to extract herself from their entwined position.
 
Steve felt Tori squirming, and slowly began to wake up. His mind fumbled through the sleep induced fog to remember where he was. He was only partially awake when he felt her move again, and his hand held firm to her lower back, right above her butt.

It hit Steve suddenly, where he was, and who he was snuggling with on the couch. "Shit," he thought to himself... wondering what Tori was going to think of him. Even worse, Steve must have been dreaming something rather pleasant, because the good old 'Morning Wood' was in full form. Fortunately, he was in jeans, and it partially constrained things. He hoped it wouldn't be too obvious, as he was certain Tori would be pissed, not to mention he would be embarrassed to no end.

He sat there, holding Tori, wondering how he was going to handle this when she woke up when he saw that she was already awake. He was unsure as to how long she had been awake, but now a whole new set of worries ran through him. Did she feel him caress her back? Did he really do that, or was that part of a a dream? His mind struggled, trying to differentiate between reality and what he was starting to remember of his dream.

"Umm... good morning sleepy head," Steve said, unsure as to what else to say.
 
Tori sighed softly thinking how nice it was to just cuddle without worrying about how long it would last. Ryan's idea of cuddling was the three minutes it took after he had cum for him to fall asleep. To be held in a strong pair of arms with no expected sexual activity looming over her was a refreshing change, but she felt guilty for prolonging the moment when she knew she should move.

Eventually she detected a change in his heart rate and realized that Steve was starting to wake up. Holding her breath, Tori waited anxiously for him to become aware of his surroundings and the fact that the two of them were tangled up together on the couch. It took some time, but she eventually felt awareness take him before he paused and murmured, Umm... good morning sleepy head.

Tori used his words as an opportunity to move. "Oh my goodness," she apologized, "I am so sorry... The medicine must have knocked me out!" She didn't say anything about it being probably the best rest she had in awhile as she wasn't sure if it was the medicine, his presence or a combination of the two.
 
Steve noticed how quickly Tori moved off of him... "God... I'm sorry Tori... I totally didn't mean to fall asleep. Between your meds and me coming down from my adrenaline, I guess we both crashed. I will say that I slept better than I have in a long time though," Steve said, following his apology on the heels of hers.

Realizing he just admitted he slept well snuggled with Tori, Steve blushed slightly... worried how she would interpret his phrase. 'I really need to get better with my words' he thought to himself.

Steve didn't move, Tori had moved off of him, but he didn't want to distance himself, he rather liked her closeness, her warmth, and her smell... he figured he wouldn't have this opportunity again, so he made the most of it. Casually, and hopefully inconspicuously, he moved the blanket to cover himself a bit, his body was reacting to Tori's proximity, and he didn't really want to upset her.

"So... how's the ankle feeling? Need anything?" Steve asked.
 
Tori had a hard time meeting Steve's eyes even as he so sweetly offered his own apology. Talk about awkward. It wasn't like they were long time friends with sure footing who had just happened to fall asleep watching a movie together. They had only met the day before, and she had no idea how to act. However, based on the pink that touched his cheeks, she figured the very least she could do was ignore what he had said about his sleep, even if she was curious as to what he meant.

So... how's the ankle feeling? Need anything?

Tori stretched her legs out in front of her, doing an experimental roll of her ankle and wincing as a white bolt of pain went shooting up her leg.

"Damn," she muttered, "I was hoping it would feel better." She looked over at Steve ruefully and asked, "Don't suppose you remember what time I took my medicine, do you?" She wanted to add something about remembering what the doctor had said she needed to do too, but was afraid he'd think she was a total airhead.
 
Steve watched Tori rolled her ankle, and jumped when she winced in pain. He figured it would hurt, but he hoped it wouldn't.

"Seems like it was about 10ish... maybe a bit later," Glancing at the clock, he figured she was due for a dose.

"You're about due, I am sure. Let me check the label on the bottle," Steve offered.

Steve gingerly made his way off the sofa, making sure not to bump Tori's ankle. He walked to the counter, checked the label, and got her a dose of her meds. Fixing a glass of water to wash the horse pill down, he went back to the sofa.

Standing in front of Tori, Steve offered the dose and glass of water, "Fear not, there is no iocane in this.. I checked," Steve said with a smile.
 
Based on the way her ankle was throbbing, Tori was pretty sure she was due for her next pill, and it took Steve just a moment to confirm it. She watched as he carefully got up from the couch, marveling once more with the fluid way he moved for being such a large man.

Whatever was on the label must have confirmed his guess because he was soon back in front of her, holding out a pill and a glass of water. Fear not, there is no iocane in this.. I checked.

Smiling in response to his teasing reference to the movie they had watched, Tori accepted both items from him. Placing the large pill in her mouth, she chased it with a large gulp of water. Shuddering at the bitter aftertaste, she took another drink before placing the glass on the side table.

"I'd offer you something to eat, but I'm fairly sure there's nothing available," she confessed, "I was supposed to go grocery shopping today."
 
"Well... no worries about groceries. You don't need to stand around in a kitchen cooking anyway, with your ankle the way it is," Steve said, genuine concern showing on his face.

"Now, as your luck would have it, I am an exceptional cook!" Steve said, his smile beaming. "Granted, I am my own critic, but I think I do alright. I don't mind getting some groceries for you today, and if you don't mind, I can see if I can rustle up something for breakfast. You need your energy for your body to recover."

Steve felt a bit less awkward having something to do, he was still a bit embarrassed that he had not only fallen asleep with Tori when he was supposed to be taking care of her, but then he went and woke up with a hard on. He was certain Tori didn't notice, but he was grateful he didn't have to explain that one away.

"Tori, again, I am sorry about the way I fell asleep. I was practically hanging on you when we woke up, I apologize... really," Steve offered, hoping to salvage his hopes at friendship.
 
Tori grinned at Steve's self-professed cooking skills. While she loved to eat, she wasn't the judgmental foodie that many of her friends were. However, she had been raised to make sure guests were properly fed, even if the guests had volunteered to be a nursemaid of sorts, and being hobbled left her feeling guilty.

I don't mind getting some groceries for you today, and if you don't mind, I can see if I can rustle up something for breakfast. You need your energy for your body to recover.

If her feelings of guilt could get even deeper, the thought of Steve having to pick up groceries for her certainly would do it; however, Tori tried to mentally picture what she had in the refrigerator and pantry and was fairly sure it was woefully empty. She wasn't really into big meals, being more of a grazer, and as a result she tended to go to the store every other day. Even if he had fantastic culinary skills, she was pretty sure there wasn't enough ingredients in the apartment to make something that would be filling to a guy his size.

Reluctantly, Tori looked up to explain her concerns to Steve and noticed what looked like embarrassment cross his face before he spoke. Tori, again, I am sorry about the way I fell asleep. I was practically hanging on you when we woke up, I apologize... really.

"Please... Don't worry about it," she replied easily, a small smile on her lips, "I'm pretty sure it was me that was sprawled all over you. Shouldn't I be the one apologizing?"
 
I'm pretty sure it was me that was sprawled all over you. Shouldn't I be the one apologizing?

"Goodness, no! I loved... umm... I mean, don't worry about it," Steve said, trying to recover from his almost full admission of enjoying waking up with her against him, "Let's agree no apologizing. Deal?" Steve asked, hopeful.

He had seen her face as he asked to fix breakfast, and realized he had overstepped a bit. As a peace offering, he offered, "Well, I saw a coffee shop on the corner, I can run and get something there if you'd like."

He was looking down at her, she really was beautiful. His mind whirled at how some people could aim to hurt someone so wonderful. Noticing himself drifting off in thought, he started back, waiting for Tori's answer about coffee.
 
Tori couldn't help raising an eyebrow in response to Steve's comment, although she decided not to press the comment after his quickly offered, "Let's agree no apologizing. Deal?" She wasn't sure if she had misunderstood what he had been saying and certainly didn't want to embarrass either of them for what might have been a totally innocent comment. She did, however, become extremely self conscious, wondering how bad her hair looked after a night on the couch.

Making a face at herself, especially considering how long she had fought to be treated like one of the guys, it took Tori a minute to respond to Steve's offer to run by the nearby coffee shop. She debated internally before replying, "Actually that sounds wonderful." She paused a minute before murmuring almost to herself, "Maybe I can try taking a shower while you're gone..."
 
"Sounds good then," Steve said, grateful he had avoided another awkward situation.

"Damn," Steve found himself thinking, "I have a serious foot in mouth problem lately...."

"So, what's your pleasure for coffee?" Steve asked, following with, "You sure you can make it to the bathroom alone, or shall I help you to the door? Steve said with another WTF thought pinging in his head. Again, he thought what an idiot he must sound like.
 
Sounds good then.

Tori tried to hide the smile that was threatening to appear. Steve had such a sheepish expression on his face that she couldn't help but wonder what was going on inside his head. Her own face assumed a similar expression, however, when she admitted her preference for froufrou coffee... the sweeter, the better. "I know it's bad for me, but I figure I work out enough... And I don't drink it ever day..." She smiled self consciously before adding, "I adore anything with hazelnut or caramel."

You sure you can make it to the bathroom alone, or shall I help you to the door?

Tori's forehead crinkled as she considered his question, thinking Steve probably had a good point. Lifting a shoulder in response, she admitted, "I honestly don't know... I'm pretty sure I can handle myself in the bathroom, but it might be a good idea if you gave me a hand to there..."
 
Last edited:
Steve grinned at hearing Tori ask for fancy coffee. He was a black coffee guy himself, but thought it cute she wanted hers sweet.

"Your wish is my command," Steve said with an exaggerated bow.

Hearing Tori say she might be able to use the help getting to the door made him realize just how awkward that may be for Tori. Gingerly, Steve helped Tori up, allowing her to use him to support her weight.

Carefully, he helped her to the door of the bathroom, taking care to move slowly, allowing him arm to support her around her waist.

Upon arrival at the bathroom door, Steve paused, allowing Tori to see if she could make it inside, watching carefully in case she became unsteady.
 
Your wish is my command.

Tori grinned at Steve's words, but it dimmed slightly when he leaned over to help her up. God, she hated feeling helpless, but as soon as she attempted to put a little weight down on her bum ankle she knew that if it weren't for his presence, she probably would have had to crawl in order to get to the bathroom.

With his arm lightly wrapped around her waist, Tori tried not to lean too heavily against Steve, but even still it was hard to ignore his muscular frame as they slowly made their way to the bathroom. He made her feel so tiny, almost childlike, next to him, although she was very aware of the decidedly adult thoughts that were forming at the edge of her thoughts.

'One of the guys...' she reminded herself as they finally reached the bathroom door and Steve loosened his careful hold. Somehow she managed to hobble a couple of steps before turning around to face him, noticing the concerned look on his face.

"I got this," she said with a lilt in her voice. "Go get us some coffee."
 
Looking Tori over carefully after being asked to go get coffee, Steve was pretty sure she could make it to the shower. He glanced around the bathroom for handholds and such, and was satisfied that she could probably make it fine. While not 100% satisfied, there was no way he was going to over to help her into the actual shower... That would freak her out far too much, and he wasn't sure he would be able to hide his desire at that point. Tori was a beautiful woman, and that would likely drive him past a point of being the helpful gentleman into one unable to resist temptation.

"Sure, you got this... Just hold on and go slow. I will hurry, just in case you need anything" Steve said seriously. "I will take your key so,you don't have to try to get to the door when I get back, ok?"

Giving Tori one final glance, Steve left and locked the apartment. Deciding he needed to get the kinks out, Steve decided to walk to the coffee shop. He actually ran the way there, savoring the refreshing feeling of exertion. Arriving at the shop, he ordered the coffees and walked back to the apartment briskly, but not so fast he spilled the coffee.

Arriving at the apartment, it wasn't until he was opening the door that he realized he was sweaty from the run. He opened the door, calling softly so as not to startle Tori.
 
Tori felt herself teetering a little as she waited for Steve to finish his inspection. The way he checked out the bathroom like it was full of death traps tickled her, but she made sure not to laugh aloud especially when she could tell he was just concerned for her.

Sure, you got this... Just hold on and go slow. I will hurry, just in case you need anything. I will take your key so,you don't have to try to get to the door when I get back, ok?

Nodding her agreement, Tori waited until she heard the front door open and close and then the metallic click of the lock settling into place before hobbling forward to shut the door. She felt a little silly at her actions, but she couldn't stand to be in a bathroom with the door open even when she was alone in her apartment.

Carefully working her way to the shower, she turn the water on and adjusted it to the hot temperature that she adored and then began stripping off her clothes. Getting into the shower was a little scary, but she managed it with only a little bit of pain and an equal amount of water on the floor before she was able to close the semi-transparent shower curtain.

It wasn't until she had started soaping up her hair that Tori realized that her robe hadn't been on the back of the door like it normally was. "Well crap," she muttered aloud. Eyes closed, hands in her hair, she tried to picture where she might have left it and realized it was probably still at the foot of her bed from the day before. She would have to wait until Steve got back and then ask him to retrieve it

Shaking her head for failing to ensure her robe was there before jumping in the shower, Tori rinsed her hair and applied the conditioner before beginning the process of washing her body. She had a couple of harrowing moments where her good foot started to slip out from under her, but she always managed to catch herself on the shower wall. She finished up and just enjoyed the feeling of the hot water beating down on her sore body when she thought she heard the outer door close.

"Steve, are you back?" she called out, unsure if he'd hear her with the water running and the bathroom door closed.
 
Hearing Tori call out, asking if he was back, Steve answered loudly, "Yes, I'm back bearing caffeine." He made sure he was loud enough to be heard, as he heard the shower running.

Steve sat at the kitchen table, pondering the fact that he was in Tori's apartment, listening to her shower. The awkwardness of it all struck him, as he allowed himself to,imagine her showering before scolding himself. It was the that he realized that he had managed to work up a little sweat, having run to the coffee shop. In an attempt to cool,himself down, Steve fans himself with his hand, hoping he didn't smell bad from his run.

"Damn, I should have just walked," Steve said, annoyed with himself that he got himself all sweaty.

After a few minutes, Steve thought about asking if Tori was alright, but decided against it, instead he waited patiently for her to finish showering.. This time allowing him mind to wander a bit to the thought of her in the shower.
 
Yes, I'm back bearing caffeine.

Oh the magic words "bearing caffeine".... Tori started to say something in return, but closed her lips tight before the words escaped. With anyone else, she probably would have called out that she loved them, but she technically had only known Steve a day and wasn't sure how the big guy would take it.

She stayed under the water for a few more minutes, trying to figure out the best way to proceed. She needed her robe, but it was on her bed. She could try to just wrap a towel around her body and hobble to her room as quickly as she could, but was concerned what would happen if she stumbled... Or worse, needed his assistance to get to her room.

Trying to remember what condition her room was in, she finally shrugged as she said "Screw it..." to herself. Taking a breath and hoping she hadn't left lingerie scattered around her room, she called out, "Steve... I need another favor..."
 
Hearing Tori announce that she needed another favor, Steve wondered briefly what she could possibly need in the bathroom. His mind raced, thinking everything possible, then settled on something sensible. He figured she probably just wanted him to face away so she could get out of the bathroom...

"Your wish is my command, Tori... Anything you need," Steve announced, rising from his seat.
 
Sticking her head out from behind the shower curtain, Tori tried to figure out how close Steve actually was. Not hearing anything more than a muted response, she considered turning the water off so she could hear better, but didn't want to get chilled while he was looking for her robe.

Projecting her voice, she tried again, "Steve... Would you mind getting my bathrobe, please? I think I left it on my bed..."
 
Back
Top