She's a witch?! (closed)

elvenjodi

Really Experienced
Joined
Jan 19, 2010
Posts
179
Jacqueline (aka Jac) Lawson was a witch.

Well, she was in reality but she didn't travel on a broomstick. She wasn't your stereotypical witch. Jennifer was as normal as anyone out there, the only difference was that she came from a long blood line of witches.

Jac didn't cast spells like one would see on TV or in a book. She did dabble in potions though. Those that knew who she was often came to her for a potion or tea to help with sickness or a problem in their life. The only thing Jen didn't do was cast spells that hurt others.

One would say that Jen had it all. A nice place to live. A good way to support herself--but the only thing she didn't have was someone to love her. For one reason or another, no man had ever been involved in her life. And at 24, she felt she was ready for her love life to take a turn for the better.
____________________
OOC: If you'd like to take part, please send me a message and I'll pick who gets to continue this hopefully wonderful story. Anything can happen so please, use your imagination! Thank you.
 
Mark had finally gotten out. After years of being brain washed by his father, he had finally walked away. According to his father, he came from a long line of witch hunters. Men who for hundreds of years and burned women alive for being witches. His father had mandated a rigorous program of combat training and exercise. This would ensure he was at peak fitness when he took on his duties.

Mark of course had totally bought into all of this crap. He had trained countless hours in the gym and learning how to handle himself in battle.

Thank god he went to College. College had been the eye opener, where he had discovered the normal and sane people of the world. Mark stopped believing in witches.

Eventually he graduated, and took a job as a gym instructor. He moved into a nice apartment next to a holistic therapy shop.He was popular with the ladies, but hadn't found that special someone.
 
"Are you sure this will help?" The older man whispered.

Jacqueline nodded, keeping her voice low, "I'm sure, just make sure you drink it every afternoon for 5 days. Don't miss any days or else it won't work, ok?"

The man nodded, standing up straight, "Thank you Jac, I know it'll work it's just, well.." he said, pausing.

Smiling, Jacqueline gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder, "I know, I know, trust me."

"I do, I better get going." He said, pushing payment to her on the counter.

This payment wouldn't be going on the books--because of certain reasons. Watching the man leave, The co-owner of Nature's Path, Tori watched the man leave, "I thought you were going to do anymore potions, Jac."

With a shrug, she looked at Tori, "Saying and doing are two different things. I-"

"You might get caught."

"I know, Tori," Jac said with a sigh, "But I can't just sit back and let people suffer, it's not right."

"Well, yeah, I know but just--just try to be careful OK?"

"Of course." Jac said as she went to unpack some new products they had ordered a few weeks ago, some herbal supplements and vitamins, along with some protein shakes. There was a gym near and Jac discussed with Tori about how they could get more sales going if they catered to some of the health freaks out there. It seemed like a good idea but there was only one way to find out.
 
"Ow,ow,ow,ow!"

The pain was exquisite. Mark grit his teeth, cursing his own foolishness. He knew his limits, why has he tried to push beyond them. As an instructor he should have known better. Now he had put his back out.
Tracy one of the other trainers helped him off the mat, the huge weights left forgotten behind them. "That's nasty," she said wincing with empathy.
"I'll be ok." Mark hisses getting back into his feet. His father's words echoed in his ears. "Pain is good for the soul. Nothing wrong with a bit of pain."
Tracy was having none of it. "You need to see a doctor and get that fixed."
"I don't like doctors," Mark muttered.
"Ok then how do you feel about holistic medicine?"
"A bunch of rip off merchants aren't they."
"Not the ones I go to. You need to see Jac, she is a miracle worker..."

Mark told her he would think about it, but really he was just going to go home and sleep it off. But when Tracy gave him the address he saw that it was the shop next door to him. The girls in there were pretty good looking, and part of him had always been curious to see what was inside.

He staggered through the streets, every foot fall sending sharp pain up into his back, until he arrived at the shop. He walked through the door, a little bell announcing his arrival. It smelled of flowers and incense and the shelves were packed with soaps and herbal medicines. A black cat was lying near a window enjoying the sun. Mark's eyes narrowed as old training and prejudices kicked in.
There are no such things as witches. There are no such things as witches. Then a slim brunet appeared from the back room, and smiled at him.
 
Jac had just finished putting the last of the empty boxes away in the back and that's when she heard the chime of the door sound.

It was almost closing time but that didn't mean she wasn't going to shoo anyone away. Stepping back out in the front, she was surprised to see a tall man standing there, holding his back. She could obviously tell he was in pain, even without the grimace on his face that he tried to hide.

With a smile, Jac walked over to him, "Hi, welcome. Can I help you with anything?" she asked, resisting the urge to reach out and help him.
 
She was gorgeous. Her voice had an enchanting musical quality to it. There was an elegance to her, and a kind of knowing, that he found intriguing.
"I'm hoping so. I put my back out down at the gym. I've never been in here, but a colleague recommended you. I am hoping you have something for the pain, or if you do massages? Name's Mark by the way." He reached out to shake her hand, wincing as a new jolt of pain shot through his back.
 
"Whoa, whoa." Jac said and took his arm and led him to a nearby chair behind the counter, "Nice to meet you Mark, I'm Jacqueline, but everyone calls me Jac." She knelt down beside him and ran a hand against his back, pushing on a spot where he was holding.

The pain on his face showed that she had hit the right spot. "Hmmm," she said, still kneeling there. She had the perfect solution for him but seeing as how she didn't know him and was weary about him, she thought for a minute more before asking, "Who sent you?" That's when she saw a piece of paper in his other hand and she took that.

Immediately she recognized the writing, Tracy. "Ohh, you work with Tracy at the gym I take it?"

Standing up, Jac placed her hands on her hips and looked down at Mark, "Well, I do have something but it's going to take me awhile to make it. About an hour if I hurry, but I don't like to rush it, I can put some balm on it, it's a heating balm, that should help for a while. But I think you need to lay down anyway." She thought for a moment, "Come on to the back, there's a couch there you can rest while I work, is that OK?"
 
Mark nodded. Pain might be good for the soul, but his back had, had enough. He followed her into the back room. There were a set of stairs he had to navigate his way down and then she took him into a darkened room with no windows and a massage couch against that wall.

There was a cd playing with sounds from
Birds and rivers. It was all very relaxing. There was a strange thick smell in the air. Not unpleasant but unlike any incense he had ever smelled.
She had her hand on his back. Her long, strong fingers stroking his back. she lay him down and he watched her move to a small table where there was a cast iron bowl. Above was a cabinet with all sorts of fluids and vials. All strange to his eyes.

He admired her back and her backside from the couch as she went to work. "It's a nice place you have here. I live next door. Should have dropped by earlier."
 
"Oh yeah?" she said to his comment about living next door, "I was wondering because I thought I've seen you before. So, tell me, how did you do this to your back?" she asked as she started to mix certain potions together, hoping to distract him from the pain with asking him questions.

As she carefully measured out what she needed, Jacqueline listened to him talk about his work. She never was one of the gym but knew some others who went there.

After about 20 minutes, she walked over to Mark, "Well, it's ready, almost, but in the meantime, you need to remove your shirt, the stuff is pretty messy and I don't want to mess up your shirt."
 
"Sure," he said with a nod. He sat up and tried taking his shirt off, but pain was like lightning across his back. "Sorry I need a hand," he said.

She smiled sympathetically and lifted his shirt up and over his back. The back of her fingers brushing his skin. He dropped his arms revealing countless hour of training across his six pack and chest, and a multitude of tattoos. But it also revealed a scar from what looked like a knife wound that ran from his chest curving down towards his crotch, but stopping just above his belt line.

From this distance he could her perfume, a pleasant earthy smell beneath the incense which filled the room.
 
Jac tried to concentrate on what she was doing instead of how good his body looked. She resisted the urge to touch his arms and look more at the tattoos, instead, she stood up and went to grab the bowl of what she made.

Coming back to him, Jac set the bowl down and got on her knees beside him, "OK, I need you to close your eyes, this is going to be freezing cold, so just a warning," she said to him as she scooped out a handful and rubbed it on the spot where he hurt. She heard him gasp and rubbed him gently, "So, for this part, just feel the coolness but I need you to keep quiet for at least 3 minutes." With that, Jac said a little spell under her breath to where he couldn't hear what she said exactly. As her hand hovered over the injury, she could feel the heat radiate from that area and through her own body.

She gasped slightly as a wave of pain washed over her, making her a little dizzy to which she tried to play off with a smile, "OK, we're done.."

It was always a hazard of the job for Jacqueline, when she took away a sickness, it had to go somewhere and that was usually to her. To take away a chronic cough was rewarding but in the end, she would usually end up with a slight cough herself, which only lasted a couple of days. It was a small price to pay, something she didn't mind at all.
 
"Woah! How did you do that?" Mark exclaimed. It was better, not a trace of pain. If he didn't know better....

She gave him a shy smile when he turned around. She looked tired, which made sense, it was approach 6pm. "Thank you," he said.

He stretched experimentally flexing this way and that. Nope it was all better. A miracle worker indeed. He picked up his shirt. "Is it ok to put this back on? Or should I wait a bit? How much do I owe you?"
 
"Oh, no problem at all." She told him and stepped back, "Yeah, go ahead and put it on."

She started to straighten up and had been setting things aside on the small table by the door. "Don't worry about the payment. If Tracy sent you then it's all fine. Just promise me that next time, use a weightlifting belt please? I don't mind doing this but if you can avoid injury, the better you'll feel." She told him in a teasing manner as she leaned against the table, looking up at him.
 
He smiled and hopped off the massage couch and put his shirt back on. The gunk on his back stuck to his shirt making him feel wet and sticky.


"Don't worry about the payment. If Tracy sent you then it's all fine. Just promise me that next time, use a weightlifting belt please? I don't mind doing this but if you can avoid injury, the better you'll feel."


"But if I do that how am I supposed to meet women?" He said with a cheeky smile.
She was leaning forward giving him a teasing smile of her own. She was wearing a loose fitting shirt so he had a perfect view of her ample cleavage. He made a point of staring at it, and making sure she could see that he was staring at it before looking up into her eyes. "Stop trying to make me fall in love with you."

He laughed as she straightened up. "Ok, if you won't accept payment at least let me cook you dinner. I make a mean vegetarian curry."
 
Curry. That's was all he had to say. Jac loved curry. It didn't matter if it had meat or not, she was a sucker for a good curry. Besides, how could she say no?

"Well--" she said, noticing he was looking at her chest and she could only blush. Instead of pulling away or getting after him, she felt flattered and blushed harder, "Maybe this once seeing how it's dinner time anyway."

She beckoned him to follow her up the steps and out to the shop where she unlocked the door for him, "How about you let me bring some wine and we'll call it even?"
 
-edited.

"Wine is good," he said. He needed to get some ingredients for the curry, so suggested they meet at his house in 15 minutes. He gave her his flat number and then jogged down to the corner store. 10 minutes later he had what he needed.


He felt great. Whatever the stuff on his back was it not only made it feel better but left him buzzing. If only he didn't feel like he had rolled around in the mud.

He got back to his place, but she wasn't there yet. He went inside to make sure everything was tidy. His house was Spartan. A few weights in the corner of the room. A ceremonial sword attached to the wall. A table and two chairs, all clean and empty and a kitchen that looked like it had never been used.

But there was something else in the house as well that he didn't know- Magic. There was strong magic here that only a witch would be able to sense. The result of a gift his father had given him as a child. A gift that lay in his bedroom closet, waiting.

Finally there was a knock on the door, and there she was.
"Welcome! I hope you don't mind. I am going to have a shower, get this stuff off my back, and slip into something a little more comfortable. Make yourself at home."
 
Last edited:
Back
Top