LeaAnn1

Really Really Experienced
I have tried everything I know yet I keep seeing "unable to use image" I have resized image to 75x75 and in pixel size and still the same thing. Could someone please advise. Total blond moment for me...lol:kiss:

I have tried everything I know yet I keep seeing "unable to use image" I have resized image to 75x75 and in pixel size and still the same thing. Could someone please advise. Total blond moment for me...lol:kiss:

I think I read you need 100 posts before you could do so.

You are probably running into the file size limitation. Probably because you're trying to use an animated GIF? Your avatar must be smaller than 30Kb and smaller than 150 pixels in its largest dimension.

Avatars are restricted to only a few image formats also. But vBulletin generally won't even recognize that you're trying to upload an image -- although I have no idea how the error message is worded for that circumstance.

You are probably running into the file size limitation. Probably because you're trying to use an animated GIF? Your avatar must be smaller than 30Kb and smaller than 150 pixels in its largest dimension.

Avatars are restricted to only a few image formats also. But vBulletin generally won't even recognize that you're trying to upload an image -- although I have no idea how the error message is worded for that circumstance.
Unable to set User Avatar, please try again.

This is all I get in red letters.

Unable to set User Avatar, please try again.

This is all I get in red letters.

Post your avatar selection in your post...below you will see Attach Files where you can attach a file to your post. Click the Manage Attachments button and follow the directions in the dialog box.

I'll be glad to take a look to see what might be the problem.

Post your avatar selection in your post...below you will see Attach Files where you can attach a file to your post. Click the Manage Attachments button and follow the directions in the dialog box.

I'll be glad to take a look to see what might be the problem.

It is below the size description posted above. Bold with a computer...lol

Attachments

6.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Pic upload.

THis is the one I am trying to use.

Last edited:
I change my avatar all the time. If the image is too large, it says so on the little pop-up upload window.
Everytime I change my avatar, if it loads to the pop-up upload window it loads to my profile as my avatar, but... every time I hit "save changes" or whatever it is... the next window message says "unable to set avatar" or something similar. I then check my profile and voila... there's my new avatar, every stinkin' time. Don't always believe the little pop up windows...:rose:

I change my avatar all the time. If the image is too large, it says so on the little pop-up upload window.
Everytime I change my avatar, if it loads to the pop-up upload window it loads to my profile as my avatar, but... every time I hit "save changes" or whatever it is... the next window message says "unable to set avatar" or something similar. I then check my profile and voila... there's my new avatar, every stinkin' time. Don't always believe the little pop up windows...:rose:

There is one little foible in the avatar window. You chose an image to upload and then click save and it's done. Then you click save again thinking that the way out of the window or off the page and there is no file to upload so you get the error message. Oops...user error.

There is one little foible in the avatar window. You chose an image to upload and then click save and it's done. Then you click save again thinking that the way out of the window or off the page and there is no file to upload so you get the error message. Oops...user error.

Oh. ...Yeah, oops. :eek:

Back