Taken By A Highlander, ( closed for Aussie Wolf)

Rowann felt a little ashamed. He knew it was partly the Silkies fault he was feeling this way, and that they had influenced Ella as well. If he had known it was the poor girls first he would never have started or taken her in such a fashion, yet he had been unable to stop himself. He hoped she could forgive him.

Yet maybe it had also been a good thing. He had been told that some girls had harrowing experiences for their first, and at least she had been just as excited as him. That had been fortunate considering his size and her predicament.

As he lay there with her in his arms, he again felt his passions growing. Again knowing it was not all coming from him he looked to the pool. Sure enough the newly reunited couple had made their way to the edge and were now looking at them with lust filled eyes. Moving between them and Ella he frowned at them.

"No, No more of this. The girl was pure and innocent and needs time to recover, or at least given a chance to give her consent with a clear mind. You have already taken one precious thing from her I will not have you take any more."

Still he could feel his passions growing and he was again as stiff as a well forged blade. He looked into the knowing grin on the female silkies face and shook his head.

"Aye, God's be damned, I am as randy as a Goat in spring and you well know it, but I will not be doing anything about it until I hav both your words that the woman will have a say it what is done to her own body, without being coerced mind," he warned.
 
Ella lay in Rowann's arms with her eyes closed as she listened. She wasn't happy by what the Silkies had done to them. She also remembered that if she and Rowann stayed out of the pool, they wouldn't have as much power over them. With that thought in mind she opened her eyes and whispered, "Rowann....take me away from the pool. To her dismay her body began to heat up once more. With a soft moan she moved forward enough to kiss Rowann's throat.

He had just finished warning the beings and had been waiting to see what they would say when he heard Ella's whisper. Her kisses and his emotions were making her request very hard to obey but he did as she asked. Getting up he picked the slight girl up and strode away without a backward glance. Ella continued to kiss Rowann's throat but the further they got from the pool and Silkes the less influence was felt by the both of them.

Ella stopped kissing Rowann and swallowed, "I know I don't have much strength but I believe we should get away from these beings as fast as we can. Nodding his head in agreement Rowann stopped where Bryce quietly grazed on some grass. He slid Ella onto the saddle, holding her in place and leaped up behind her. Taking one last look at the pool, he saw the two Silkies had moved back towards the falls. The highlander turned Bryce in the direction they had left when all this had started. Adjusting Ella in his arm he gently kicked his horse forward.

Meanwhile Ninn had one last look at the handsome human and sighed, "Too bad husband, we could have enjoyed those two for some days before they were worn out." Brer nodded his head in agreement before turning back to her and spinning them as they sank down in the pool, clasped once more in their love making.

Once the humans were far enough from the pool, Ella noticed that she still had a great craving for Rowann and could feel his erection rubbing against her butt. Tired as she was she looked up at him and asked, "Do you want to do something about this ....this heat we seem to still be in? Besides I really really need a rest. That Brer took too much from me." When Rowann looked angry she added, "I know what your going to say. I shouldn't have let him near me, but it was the only way I was going to be able to help you. So stop your scowling."

She leaned her head on his chest, It's going to take some time to feel normal once more. A few hours rest now would go a long ways to getting there. So what say you to my suggestion?"
 
Rowann had been surprised when Ella had started kissing his neck, and it had not helped his growing passion for the girl. Still he tried to resist and when she suggested they get far away from the two creatures he was more than happy to oblige.

Lifting her up and taking her to Bryce had been difficult, the females hold on him was still strong. But by concentrating on Ella he was able to mount and ride away. He found that the further away they got the more unclouded his mind became. Unfortunately that presented another problem. He became more aware of Ella and how his body was reacting to her.

When she made her request to stop he was more than glad to, but then she mad her other offer and he groaned in indecision. On the one hand she was exhausted and he felt like he was taking advantage of her.

On the other he was just as excited as she was and wanted to be with her. In the end his loins won out. Finding a nice clearing with a lot of soft grass, he eased back on Bryce's reins and halted him near a large birch tree. Sliding down he helped her to dismount and then carried her below it's branches kissing her as he went.

Laying her down on the soft grass he smiled down at her. "It would be my pleasure to help you out with these feelings you are having. However are you sure you are up to it? We can wait until you are feeling more energetic."
 
As Rowann carried Ella to the grass she sighed in his arms. As he carried her, her memories started to come back to her once again. How he had chased her over the moors making her run for her life. She had been getting flashbacks of her past in bit and pieces since leaving the Brownie's camp. But until making love with Rowann she hadn't know how she got to this forest. Now she knew. Between his kisses her memories were all falling into place.

He had run her over a cliff, only barely saving her and then tied her up before putting her on his horse and heading over the moors. She also remembered them going into the forest and him carefully following a trail. It had finally all come back for her. Her eyes blinked, "What a beast of a man!"

Rowann laid Ella on the grass;

"It would be my pleasure to help you out with these feelings you are having. However are you sure you are up to it? We can wait until you are feeling more energetic."

Ella looked up into Rowann's face, realizing in the last few days she had developed deep feelings for him, and was now at a loss as to how to proceed. Trying to keep her temper in check, besides she was too weak to get really angry. Ella raised an eyebrow and said in a low voice;

"You kidnapped me......how could you do that? But more importantly ....why did you? And where are you taking me?"
 
Rowann pushed himself up onto one elbow and looked down upon Ella. So the lass had finally remembered everything it seemed. In one way this was a good thing and in another it was bad.

It was good because he had wanted their second time to be one in which she wanted him and not in which she was forced in any way. It had seemed like this was going to be that time, but with the return of her memories he doubted that. He could see the old hatred in her eyes and while it was slightly less than before the look of longing was definitely gone.

He was glad that her memories had returned, but why now of all times. it was so damn inconvenient, but he guessed it was right in a way. Sighing he got up and pulled her into a sitting position. At least she had learned enough of his language that explaining the truth would be easier and maybe after their adventures together she might even believe him.

"Very well Ella, the truth. My name is Rowann, Rowann MacGreggor as I told you when we first met. I am the Lord or Chieftain of Clan MacGreggor in the Scottish highlands, only not from your lands." He sighed and ran his hands through his hair and looked at her. "You will find this hard to believe because the other two women did as well. Yes I have done this twice before God's forgive me, but the fate of my Clan is at stake and I will do anything to save my people," he said vermonately.

"We are at war with clan Campbell, an honorable opponent we thought, but they broke the rules of combat and stole women something that must not be done. A clans survival depends on it's women and they are considered the same as Holy men and not to be harmed. For this we will wipe them out," he said with anger. "However that does nothing for our loss and we will not stoop to the level of our enemies."

Grimacing he gestured at the forest. "However raiding foreign lands is acceptable and these woods allow me to travel to them. I alone know their secret and so I have secretly brought back two women to replace two that were stolen. You were to be the third."

He looked at her and did not flinch. "I still intend to do that. As I said, for my Clan's survival I will do anything."
 
Last edited:
Ella watched the Highlander as he spoke, keeping her emotions under control. She didn't know if she should yell or laugh at him. She sighed, he did seem to be serious. When he was done speaking he waited quietly for her reaction.

Ella was having a real hard time digesting what he had told her. She sighed, "Maybe he isn't playing with a full deck of cards! Never the less he is a big man and I don't want to push him over the edge. I need to be reasonable." Blinking at him she asked,

"What kind of man kidnaps women for his clan? You....you speak like someone from the medieval times. Clans and war and such with these ...these Campbells. "

She got up straightening her cloths, trying to put her hair into some kind of neatness. She paced back and forth as she continued on, with an attempt at levity,

"And you say your going to wipe out these Campbell? What with your mighty claymores and dirks?! I am thinking you must have gotten lost from a traveling Medieval fair and it is now time to get back!"

She stopped a foot in front of him, her face becoming serious,

"Rowann, I need the truth, why did you kidnap me? Believe me when I say I am not anyone important, you won't get any ransom money from my family. Why don't you just take me back to where you found me? I promise I won't tell anyone. You can go back to your....clan and the police won't hunt you down. I give you my word!

She gave him a small smile knowing she was still angry at him, but she also knew she would miss him a lot. Her eyes widened as she realized she had feelings for the big lug. Quickly changing her expression she waited for his reply, knowing he had no option but to take her back.

As she waited another idea came to her. Maybe she had eaten some kind of mushroom and the last few days were just a huge hallucination and she would soon be waking up in the field of heather!
 
Last edited:
Rowann sighed. He was afraid of this. The other girls had been confronted with the truth straight away and had no choice but to believe it. Ella was still here in the Dark woods and therefore had a choice whether or not to believe him and had chosen not to, despite the many things that had happened to her. He was going to have to think of a way to convince her of the truth or she might get harmed or stumble into trouble again.

"Ella I know you don't believe me, and I can understand why. The first time I traveled between the worlds I could not believe what I was seeing either. However I want you to think about everything that has happened to you."

He looked at her earnestly and began. "I appeared before you, on a horse that is bred for war, dressed for war. I also did not speak your language and I still don't, you have learned to speak mine. You have also seen fantastical creatures,ones I have rarely seen in my world."

He stood up and paced a little and then turned back to her and looked at her intently. "You speak as if you don't know what war is and for that I am glad. For me it is a reality that hangs over my head constantly and I must prepare for it constantly. I am responsible for all the lives of my Clan and I must be on constant alert to protect them, more so now that the Campbells have shown what they are capable of doing."

Sighing he ran his hands through his hair and again looked at her. "Look I will make a deal with you. Come with me back to my village. If you think that I am still lying I will let you go. In fact I will take you wherever you wish to go. Do we have an agreement?"
 
Ella looked up into the big man's blue eyes as he finished speaking. She took a few minutes to think about his proposal before replying,

"OK Rowann, I'm intrigued, take me to your village. As for all the things that have happened, I do have a reasonable explanation. I am dreaming.....it's the only thing that makes sense. It's why I understand your language, and all the fantastic creatures we have come across. And it also explains why your dressed for war on a war horse. Let me tell you ....you and Bryce make a wicked pair."

She smiled satisfied with her logical conclusion to a illogical situation. Rowann watched her not moving a muscle as she spoke. She looked around at the forest and finally added, "It's a deal I won't fight you anymore. Take me to your village." Her brow furrowed for a second as a thought came to her. " There is one more thing I would like to know. What do you intend to do with me once we get to your village? I mean if this isn't a dream, which I still fully believe it is?"

Now that Ella had come to terms with the situation as she thought of it, she bit her lip thinking. Her mind went over her knowledge of medieval Scotland. Life was not easy back then ...for anyone. If this dream was accurate she looked forward to seeing all the details. She smiled to herself, "I think this might just be very interesting. It's the first time I have been aware that I am in a dream. Fascinating indeed!" She frowned, "I think I've watched too many Star Trek shows when I was a kid!"

Suddenly she felt Rowann scoop her up in his arms and walk the few yards over to Bryce. He swung her onto his back and seconds later joined her. Once they were settled with his arm around her waist pulling her close he signaled Bryce forward.
 
Rowann placed her in front of him and headed back to where he thought the trail was. He was glad she was not going to fight him any more, but he was disappointed in her that she thought this was all a dream. He had given her a lot more credit than that, and thought she had more brains in her head.

Could she have imagined everything that she had seen? Indeed did she even know of half of them before she had journeyed here? And what of her injuries and fatigue, did she just dram how exhausted and painful they were?

Still he also supposed she was due an answer to the question she had asked. Once again his body began to betray him as she moved against him and hr buttocks came in contact with his crotch. After all it had only been less than ten minutes since she had been offering her body to him. Still he tried to control himself and his slight bulge did not grow any further.

"When we get back to my village I was planning to hand you over to the family that had lost a child," he explained to her, "Although now I am thinking of changing those plans," he coughed slightly in embarrassment.

"I myself have been looking for a wife, but what with the war and trying to replace the women that were stolen I have not exactly had the time. However I think you would make an excellent wife. You have a fire in your belly that a Chieftains wife needs, you are beautiful, you can fight and you have a level head and a brain."

Smiling he squeezed her a little tighter. "Of course there are a few more things I would like to find out about you before I make anything official of course, but we can discuss that once you have seen my Village."
 
Ella listened to Rowann as they slowly made their way through the forest. Her green eyes widened and started to flash hot as he proceeded to tell her his plans for her. It was a good thing he couldn't see her expression. He talked like she was some chattel that had no choice in what was to become her fate. First he was going to give her to some man, then he thought he would keep her for himself, if of course she measured up and pleased him. Her back became stiff in his arms as she sat between his legs.

She tried to cool off as she thought about what he had told her. She raised her eyebrow as his words came back. He had said, he would take her back if he was lying, not if she wanted to go home. Ella forgot all her feelings for Rowann as she ground her teeth trying not to show her anger. She needed to think this through, "If he thinks I am going to go along with whatever he wants, he is the one that's dreaming! The arrogance of the man!"

She fumed a few minutes longer. The old saying that men think with their dicks came to her mind! "I can feel him even now. Mmmm I wonder if I can use that to my advantage? I sure don't have his strength or know my way around this strange place." Being a modern intelligent woman she hated to use her feminine wiles but what choice did she have? She knew she didn't have much else except her brain. She acknowledged that she was the one at a disadvantage and therefore all was fair in love and war as the saying went. Her body started to slowly relax against his broad chest, she even wiggled her bottom and had to smile to herself as she felt his reaction. Ignoring the warmth between her thighs that he elicited from her she grinned with a smug expression whispering, "OK Rowann...war it is!"

As they continued onward Ella started to rethink the last few days. She knew her mind didn't want to accept anything but a dream for all that had happened in the last few days. But if she was honest she had to admit she had never felt pain in a dream before, maybe just maybe this wasn't a dream. Having a scientific background she knew there was many things that could not be explained. Her eyes blinked as she whispered, "What about another dimension...isn't that what quantum mechanics was all about?

Ella's mouth became dry, she tried to swallow as she shifted so she could look up at the big Highlander. She looked at him, really looked at him with a totally different perspective. Her face became pale. Putting her hand to her mouth she whispered, " Oh gods....this can't be happening! Rowann.....what year is this?"
 
Last edited:
Rowann felt her stiffen in his arms as he told his story and wondered what he had said to cause her to react that way. He had offered to take her home if he had lied, so he was being rather generous even though he knew he wouldn't be doing anything of the sort. After all he knew he wasn't lying, so she was going to be staying.

Then she seemed to melt against him and even her bottom wiggled more against his groin, and he found himself growing against her again. In fact he had to stifle another groan of pleasure. He knew she was just trying to get him to relax so she could pull something, but that did not make the tactic any less effective.

As he tried to ignore it she began to mumble to herself before she gasped and then whispered a question about the year. He puzzled about that, but then thought about it. He had a bit of trouble as it had been a little while since he had studied with the druids but eventually he remembered. "It is 300 years after landing, but I don't think that is what you want. I believe you want the Judo Christian Calander year and if I remember they say it is 1326 years after the death of their king."

He looked down at her and smiled. "Does that help you at all Ella?"
 
Looking up at the Highlander, Ella forgot all about her little plan to try and distract Rowan. Her eyes grew wide and she swallowed as Rowann's words sank in;

"I believe you want the Judo Christian Calender year and if I remember they say it is 1326 years after the death of their king."

She froze for long seconds thinking, "This can't be true...can it? But what kind of world is this? Where there are mystical beings and magic?" She turned around and leaned against Rowann as they continued to move along the trail. "1326....this is a time of short lives and brutish men. Petty kings and many tribes. Women were fought over and used for political reasons. They didn't know anything about health and hygiene. And....and they believed in faires and all kinds of spirits. I can't live here, Rowann must take me back. I will make him somehow. "Her mind flitted all over the place trying to make sense of what had happened to her.

Finally Ella just couldn't think anymore, her mind felt numb. She rested against Rowann's broad chest, the movements of Bryce lulling her to a light doze. As they continued on, suddenly Bryce halted and snorted signaling that there was something ahead. From around a rather large oak tree a human type creature emerged. Ella woke up startled and gasped as Rowan whispered;

"Ghillie Dhu"
 

Attachments

  • ghillie dhu nella foresta.jpg
    ghillie dhu nella foresta.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 0
Rowann felt her body stiffen against him as she tried to comprehend her situation and then she finally relaxed back against him. Perhaps she had accepted it, or she had just decided to go along with him for now. Either way he was glad as it made his job easier.

They continued in this manner for some while as he picked his way through the woods. The detours he had made had thrown him way off course, and although he had a rough trail to follow it was hard for him to pick up exactly where they were, and that was very important.

As he was studying the ground Bryce suddenly halted and he sat up gazing around, his hand going to the short sword at his side. His Horse would not balk at just anything. This was proven when a green tinged man with antlers stepped around a tree and confronted them.

Gasping he breathed out the name, "Ghillie Dhu." One of the legendary wild druids of the forest that had become so attuned to it that they had become a part of it. Immediately he withdrew his hand away from his weapon. It would be foolishness itself to offend one such as him in this place.

"Greetings great one," he said raising himself up and bowing. "My companion and I are seeking safe passage through the woods and will do no harm while in it. I am looking for the trail that runs near the strand of wild Birch trees and Silver oaks. Mayhap you know of it?"

The being eyed them both for a minute then nodded and pointed almost the way they had been traveling. "Continue that way," it began in a gravely but powerful voice, "and you will come to the path you seek. Be careful on your journey as there are some who will seek a prize such as the one you carry, but I can tell you are both without malice. Be warned that I shall be watching you though and if you break my laws you shall never leave these woods."

With that it faded behind the tree.

Rowann breathed a sigh of relief and kicked Bryce into movement following the new directions. With luck they could be out before nightfall.
 
As Bryce snorted and Rowann calmed him down, Ella woke from her light doze. She glanced up at Rowann, only to see his surprised face staring at something ahead of them. She grimaced as she looked in the same direction. Ella froze and blinked at the being standing in front of a large tree. Her heart started beating faster. She couldn't help but shrink against Rowann's chest as she heard him gasp and say, "Ghillie Dhu."

A few seconds later Rowann spoke to the strange being. Ella listened to the short exchange without really understanding. She hadn't studied that much of the enchanted beings in the Scottish lore. When the "Ghillie Dhu" had faded away behind the tree, Ella was only to glad that they started to move once more. She was able to see that Rowann seemed to have more confidence in the direction they were traveling on.

After some time had passed Ella finally found her voice and started to ask about the Ghilliie Dhu. To pass the time Rowann told her about the legend of the beings and how they came to be. The day wore on and finally Rowann brought Bryce to a halt announcing, "We will soon be near the edge of the forest and with any luck we will be riding into my village before nightfall."

Ella looked up at him as he spoke, knowing she must find a way to make him change his mind. She had to convince him that she could not stay in his time. She didn't even know if she could convince him that she was from the future. She blinked wondering, "If I did tell him, would he think I am some kind of witch?"

While both Ella and Rowann were both busy with their own thoughts, a heavy set man watched them from the left. His name was Madadh. Both he and his partner Owen had first heard them talking when he had been searching for food. Owen quickly made a plan as they passed by. They were the first people he had seen in a while since entering this cursed forest.

Owen whispered to himself, "I want that horse and the woman." That meant they had to kill the man. He told Madadh to make and spear and pointed to a area in which would give good covering for an ambush. Madadh nodded and moved. Glancing around as he followed at a safe distance he found a fairly straight branch. With his knife he carved a point in one end and pulled off some of the side branches. Clutching the hastily fashioned spear he made ready as the horse and riders paused on the path.

Suddenly a short but stocky older man came out from behind one of the larger trees and without warning he threw a spear like branch at them. It sailed straight for the pair on the horse.
 
Last edited:
Rowann caught sight of something coming towards them from the corner of his eye. Years of battle had him reacting before his brain ever got involved. His arm wrapped around Ella and pulled her tight against him as he kicked his feet free from his stirrups and rolled off his horse away from the object.

It was a close thing, but he watched it sail over them, his eyes registering it as a crude spear even as he crashed into the earth, cradling Ella against him to protect her from harm.

Quickly he rolled and left her on the ground as he came to his feet, drawing his short sword. The overgrown pathway was no place to fight with his claymore. Looking towards where the spear had come from he spied a short but stocky man. He looked grim, probably at his failure to kill him and get Ella and Bryce. Of course he did not know that he would never be able to get near Bryce let alone ride him, and he would be biting off more than he could chew trying for Ella as well.

Still he was going to be trouble. Anyone that would attack another from behind was.

"Well now that is no way to greet strangers. I am afraid I am going to have to ask you to leave now or I will kill you where you stand. I only offer you this one time deal as my companion is rather sensitive and I do not wish her to see your dead body," he smiled taking up a battle pose.
 
Ella didn't know what was happening as she and Rowann fell off of Bryce to land with a thump on the ground. It was lucky he was under her or she would have been mashed into a pancake. She felt him swiftly roll away from her and jump up and draw his sword. Ella sat up and watched the Highlander face a short but heavy man. She heard Rowann offer to fight.

Suddenly Ella was grabbed from behind and lifted up. Before she could do anything a knife was put to her throat and he snarled, "Make a move lassie and I'll cut your pretty neck!" Ella stopped struggling and he laughed as he shouted, "You...drop your weapon or I'll kill the woman!"

Ella watched in fear as Rowan turned around and seeing her, dropped his short sword, anger written all over his face. Before she could warn him, the first man swiftly came up behind Rowann and clubbed him in the back of his head with a rock he had grabbed. As Rowann's body slumped to the ground, Ella felt the knife at her throat drop away. Both men laughed out loud. Her captor, Ella could see wasn't quite as heavy as the first man. She shoved herself away from him and started to go to Rowann.

Abruptly Ella was grabbed by the hair and hauled over to a patch of ground that had some tufts of grass. He threw her down and grinned. For a stout man he was quick. He was on her in a flash, hands roaming he succeeded in grabbing the front of her dress and ripping it down to her waist. Eyes gleaming in pleasure he reached for her breasts, fondling them roughly. Ella screamed and fought back with all her might but he was way to heavy for her to have much affect. He laughed at her puny efforts before groping at her knickers. They came away quickly causing him to grunt in satisfaction as he roughly pushed her legs apart with his knees while he shoved his kilt aside. She screamed again as she tried to gouge his eyes. He grabbed her hands and forced them above her head where she could do no damage. She stared up at him in hatred. She spit at his ugly face as she continued to struggle.

Ella heard the first man growl, "Hurry up Ben, I want my turn!" As he leaned in close to grab one of her legs, she kicked at him. To her incredible luck, she connected with his balls. With a loud moan the man fell over sideways and lay in a fetal position moaning pitifully. Ella continued to scream.

RĂłwann had heard the girl's cries and staggered to his feet.
 
Last edited:
Rowann had been prepared to fight til the death, but as soon as he heard a second man's voice he knew the fight was all but over.

Turning he saw Ella in the grip of a taller man. He had her pinned against his chest and a knife was held tight against her throat. There was no way he could reach them before her throat would be cut open, and from the look on the man's face Rowann knew he would not hesitate to do so.

He allowed his sword to fall from his hand, glaring at the man. Now that he was disarmed perhaps they would lower their guard. It would only take a second for him to be on them so it was best for him to act compliant until an opportunity presented itself, then attack.

Then he felt a tremendous pain in the back of his head and he was falling towards the ground. He couldn't even raise his hands to protect himself as he crashed into it and all he could see was darkness and his hearing disappeared for awhile.

Vague shapes moved in front of his eyes although he could hardly make them out. A loud ringing in his ears gradually began to subside and then change into a different sound although one he could still make no sense of.

Rowann knew he should be doing something, but his mind would not work. His vision told him nothing nor did his ears. Vague shapes moved in front of him and grunts and groans assaulted his ears. He knew he was not supposed to be lying down, but what he was supposed to be doing and why he could not remember.

Then a piercing scream finally made it's way into his addled brain and the fog started to lift. The shapes coalesced into two men fighting with a woman, her dress ripped open exposing her breasts and her legs pushed up high exposing the fact she had no undergarments on. She was giving a good showing, but it was obvious she was not going to win.

Rowann's face became one of fury. No, this was not going to happen to Ella while he drew breath.

Gathering himself he stood up, wobbly at first, then on more steady feet. Blood trickled down his back from the wound on his head but he ignored it. Indeed it was like he did not know he had it.

Reaching down he picked up his sword and advanced on the two men. One was still on the ground clutching his balls while the other had her hands in one hand holding them above her head and was using his knees to gradually spread her legs wider. He was actually looking at his friend and laughing as he saw him groaning but he used his other hand to hit Ella across the face.

"No more of that My Pretty or it will get even worse for you. Now shut up ya screaming. No one is coming to rescue you. Your man is out cold and by the time we are finished with you, we will make sure he never wakes up," he laughed.

Rowann walked up behind the man and casually stabbed him through the throat. It was not honorable of him, but these men had proven themselves without honor first.

He saw the look of horror appear on Ella's face as the blade appeared in the mans neck and he pulled him off her before wrenching it out so she did not get splashed with too much blood. The second man tried to stand but Rowann finished what Ella had started and kicked him again in his already swollen nut sack.

The man crumbled and Rowann knew he would not b moving for a good little while. Whistling he called Bryce over and then leaned against the horses flank. He took a swig of water and then fished out a fresh one of his shirts for Ella. Then approaching her he tried to smile reassuringly but the dizziness was back and he swayed and almost fell over.

"Here, cover yourself and take a drink, It should help a little. I am afraid you might have to ti up that one over there," he said pointing in the vague direction of the squealing man, "Or kill him if you wish. After what they were going to do to you it is well within your right. As for me I am afraid I am going to need to sit down for a bit," he told her as he went to then stumbled and fell over narrowly evading skewering himself on his own sword.

Lying in the dirt he looked at her and chuckled. "Actually if you don't mind I might just have a little nap. Even if you do mind I think I will," he smiled as he blacked out and slipped into unconsciousness.
 
Ella stopped struggling for a second when she was hit in the face. The pain overrode all emotions. She got hold of herself knowing she would rather die then give in. She turned back with a snarl on her bruised lips. She heard him growl,

"No more of that My Pretty or it will get even worse for you. Now shut up ya screaming. No one is coming to rescue you. Your man is out cold and by the time we are finished with you, we will make sure he never wakes up," he laughed.

To her horror she saw a blade come out of the man's throat. His eyes bulged out and mouth formed a big O before he was pulled back off of her and dumped him on the ground a few feet away. Ella watched as Rowann slowly went over to the groaning man and kicked him, making sure he wasn't getting up any time soon. She sat up as she tried to get her wits back clutching what was left of her dress against her. Ella watched as Rowann called Bryce over found his flask took a drink of water before pulling a shirt out of his pack and handing it to her. She took the shirt noticing that Rowann had staggered and was now swaying.

Ella blinked as he said; "Here, cover yourself and take a drink, It should help a little. I am afraid you might have to tie up that one over there," he said pointing in the vague direction of the squealing man, "Or kill him if you wish. After what they were going to do to you it is well within your right. As for me I am afraid I am going to need to sit down for a bit,"

She struggled to her feet ignoring the bruises that were already being felt as she reached out to Rowann. She watched as he lay down and added; "Actually if you don't mind I might just have a little nap. Even if you do mind I think I will," Ella fell to her knees beside Rowann and shook him. When he didn't respond she glanced around for a wound of some sort. Finally she came across some blood on his shoulder. Pushing him on his side as best she could, she found a jagged wound near the bottom of his skull. She stepped out of what was left of her dress and pulled the shirt over her head.

Gently positioning his arms and legs so he stayed on his side Ella got took the flask and ripped some rags off of what was left of her dress, slipping her small field guide of plants into a pocket she found in the shirt. Turning back to Rowann she proceeded to clean and dress his wound before making him as comfortable as she could. Then she heard a growl from the man left alive. He was beginning to get up. Ella's eyes widened in fear for a second before she looked for something to hit him with.

She saw Rowann's sword was within reach. Grabbing it, she ran over to the man and hit him on the head as he was trying to stand up. He went back down with a grunt. She stood still trying to clam her rapid breathing as she realized she needed to tie him up. Grimly she snarled, "It's your lucky day...Pig...I am not the killing type!" Going over to Bryce Ella searched Rowann's pack until she found the same rope he had tied her up with. She shook her head as she went back to the unconscious man and tied his hands behind his back. Once done she checked on Rowann once more before taking the flask of water and sitting down beside him.

Looking at those men, Ella noticed they were dressed differently. The dead one looked like some kind of early nobleman or chieftain and the other's outfit reminded her of a serf. She continued to glance from one to the other. Finally she whispered, "I may be going crazy but I think these two are from different time periods...like hundreds of years apart. What the hell?" The man began to come around. Ella got up with her flask and went over and sat down beside him. He looked up at her, fear written all over his pudgy face.

Ella glanced over at the still unconscious Rowann before grimly looking at the man once more. She said, " You and your now dead partner are bad bad men....do you know that?" She gave him a little kick in the shins before adding, "Well answer me!" The man's face crumpled up as he nodded and looked down. She kicked him again growling, "Answer me!" He looked up with tears running down his cheeks and said,

"Yes Mistress, he...no we are bad. Please don't kill me!"

Ella looked sideways at him and replied, "Maybe I won't kill you...it depends on your answering my questions truthfully. Can you do that?" He nodded again and said

"Yes Mistress"

She proceeded to ask his name and where he was from and the year. Between blubbering, he replied,

" My name Mistress is...Madadh and I belong to the clan BĂ nach. I am just a poor serf and know not the year." Ella glanced over at the dead man and asked,

"And who is that man and did he tell you the year he was from?

Madadh looked at the man sighed and said, "After I stepped into this evil forest I couldn't find my way home. I had become lost in this forest, I came across him, a few weeks later. He told me his name was Owen MacÀidh and that he was the chief of his clan. He became my master and after traveling in here for the last few months we become more like partners. Stealing food and whatever we could from others we found wondering around." He again looked at the dead man before adding, "He would become mean if I didn't do as he wanted, and he was my better so I went along with whatever he wanted me to do. He told me he was from a rich family and I think he said from 17 something. That is all I know." Both of them were silent for a few minutes. Finally Madadh struggled to get on his knees and looked into Ella's eyes, "Please Mistress. Spare my life and I will become the best servant you could ever have. Please...." He waited for Ella to answer.

Ella listened to Madadh and then thought about all he had told her. She glanced over at Rowann to see if he had awakened yet. He didn't seem to have moved. Finally she made up her mind, "Madadh I will give you a chance. If you betray me just once, I will have my man kill you. Do you understand?" When he smiled and vigorously nodded his head she went around to his back and began to untie the rope on his wrists.

Meanwhile, Rowann had opened his eyes and had been watching the both of them. He had awakened and had been listening to them for the last five minutes.
 

Attachments

  • Madadh.1jpg.jpg
    Madadh.1jpg.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Rowann had groggily woken up and heard Ella's voice. Well at least she was still alive that was something he thought as he smiled a little.

It took him a few more moments to realize what she was saying and when he did he decided to stay still and continue to act knocked out.

He heard the man tell Ella his name and the name of the man he had killed and how they had met. Then he described what they had been up to in the woods. He was not all that surprised at their behavior, as the few people he had met had done the same. It was a shame. If any had asked him for help and had been genuine he would have been glad to take them back with him, but it seemed the woods brought out the worst in people.

As Ella walked over to free him, he sat up groaning to bring his attention to him, warning him in a subtle way that he was now awake and if he did anything he would now have two opponents.

Taking a drink from the flask he looked around the stood up gingerly. From past experience he knew moving too fast with a head wound was a bad idea, but he wanted to get home before anything else happened.

Whistling for Bryce he looked to Ella and grimaced. "Well I see you have made a new friend. As long as he behaves himself he is welcome to tag along. However be warned Laddie. First sign of trouble and I will have no problems killing you dead."

Bending down with a slight grimace he picked up his sword and cleaned it off before putting it away and then mounted Bryce and offered his hand to Ella and helped her to mount.

"Follow behind us and travel precisely where we do and all will be good. Fail to do so and you will be lost forever," he warned the man as he kicked his horse into a slow walk.

They had been very close to the edge of the woods but as they approached it a fog sprang up, limiting visibility to a few feet. Rowann was prepared for this and now looked to his markers having spotted the first one several minutes ago. He moved confidently and soon the fog thinned and the edge of the woods could be seen.

Moving towards it he saw the last marker, the ancient sign and moved passed it on the correct side and back into his world.

"Welcome to your new home my dear," he told Ella as he swept his hand out. Before them were the hills, mountains and Valley's of the untouched Scottish Highlands.
 
As Ella finished speaking to Madadh she heard Rowann groan and glanced over at him. He slowly sat up holding his head. She quickly undid the rope on Madadh's wrists and went over to Rowan reaching for a flask of water as she knelt beside him. She glanced over at Madadh once to see he was sitting quietly where she had left him. Rowann took a drink handed back the flask and carefully got up. Ella helped steady him looking up with a worried expression on her pretty face.

Rowann whistled for Bryce while speaking to Ella making sure his voice was loud enough for Madadh to hear; "Well I see you have made a new friend. As long as he behaves himself he is welcome to tag along. However be warned Laddie. First sign of trouble and I will have no problems killing you dead."

He mounted Bryce and after helping Ella up he looked at Madadh and said; "Follow behind us and travel precisely where we do and all will be good. Fail to do so and you will be lost forever,"

Ella put her arms around Rowann's middle as they started to move slowly so as Madadh would have no trouble keeping up. The ground dipped downwards and they could see there was a fog that they would have to travel through. With a sigh of relief Ella saw the fog thin after only a few minutes and she glanced back to see that Madadh was still following them. She nodded her head at him and turned around again. Rowann seemed to know what he was doing so she kept silent enabling him to concentrate.

They soon found themselves at the edge of the forest. With just a moment of hesitation Rowann moved them out and announced; "Welcome to your new home my dear," Ella slowly looked around. Her eyes widened as she took in the surroundings. Madadh came to a standstill just a few feet away and looked around as well. Rowann sighed and smiled.

The scenery was beautiful and pristine, a totally wild and untouched land. It was starting to dawn on Ella that she was indeed in the tenth century Scotland. There was going to be less people plus the way of life was something she both feared and looked forward to experiencing. A simple life, full of hard work, strange beliefs and dangerous diseases that took their toll. She knew she was going to have to tread carefully so she wouldn't be labeled a witch. What she said and how she behaved was critical. Even Rowann didn't have a clue as to what she knew in the way of health and...well it was all too much to think about now. She gave a sigh and glanced up at Rowann nodding her head to indicate she was ready to proceed.

Rowann gently kicked Bryce's flank and they started to move forward. They traveled between low hills covered in purple heather and over a few small streams, stopping every once in a while to let Madadh rest for a few minutes. In all that time they never came across any people, just the odd wild animal that quickly disappeared. Before sundown Rowan stopped at the top of a small rise and motioned for Ella and Madadh to look.

There nestled between two hills with a small meandering river was a what looked like a small settlement. Ella could see a dozens of thatched houses and in the center was one large stone building that had a stone wall around it. The wall had a large gate that could be closed in times of danger. In and around the houses Ella saw many small farm animals as well as all kinds of poultry. Cattle could be seen further away, some were being brought in for the night.

Ella looked up at Rowann and said; " So this is your home? It looks both peaceful and prosperous."
 
Last edited:
Rowann grinned down at Ella then gazed down at the village with pride. "Aye lass that she is. The home of the McGregor's for many a long year. There are more than 300 people living peacefully down there and I want it to stay that way."

His smile faded away as he remembered the troubles his clan was facing and the reason he had set out to collect Ella in the first place. "However there are still the Campbell's to deal with and you to get settled. Tonight you may sleep in my hall. Tomorrow it shall be decided what to do with you and your man over there," he said gesturing at Madada.

He kicked Bryce into movement and soon a cry went up from the village as they were spotted. A small band of armed men ran out to meet them, but as soon as Rowann was recognized spears were lowered and cries rang out. The men formed an honor guard and soon it seemed most of the village was out to greet them.

He raised his hands and shushed them all. "Aye I am back, and yes this be the last of the girls. I will be taking her to the druid tomorrow. She is much like the others so treat her as such. We will decide what to do with her after the druid looks at her, but you know that Tam and Moira have first claim. It was their daughter that was stolen and to them is owed the debt."

Rowann looked around as the people nodded their heads and mumbled agreement, but of the two he had just spoken of, he could not see either of them.

"It is late though. For now she will sleep in my place. Now get inside. Tomorrow is a busy day and you must all be fit and ready."

With calls of greeting and fine words, the crowd dispersed and Rowann made his way to the keep like building. It was big enough to hold the entire village in and the only structure made entirely of stone. Stabling Bryce himself he led them inside and through several rooms until they came to a dining room with a pot of stew bubbling on a fire.

"Ahh I see Ms McTavish has been expecting my arrival," Rowan grinned. Grabbing bowls from a cupboard he handed them out and then ladled them each a big serve. "Lets eat and then discuss what needs to be done."
 
At first Ella nodded at Rowann's words , then she stiffened as he told her where and what was to be done with her and Madadh for the night. As they moved forward he continued without much thought for what Ella could be feeling. He proceeded to lay out his plans for her and Madadh as his people crowded around them.

Ella leaned back letting go of Rowann's middle, placing her hands on her lap. She felt her blood pressure rise as she struggled to keep a tight rein on her temper. Ella blinked rapidly while biting her bottom lip thinking, "How dare he presume to tell me what is to be done with me. A Druid is going to look at Me? And then he is going to hand me over to strangers? What the Hell! I didn't ask to be here! What does he think I am? A chattel to be told where and what to do? Well he kidnapped the wrong woman!" She ground her teeth and clenched her fists.

Ella's expression was stone cold as the people welcomed their chief back . They briefly glanced at her and Madadh before turning their attention back to Rowann. Ella noticed that Madadh hung his head as he too heard of plans the chief had for them.

Once the welcomes were over they made their way over to the stable where the horses were kept. Before Rowann could give Ella a hand in getting down from Bryce, she drew her leg over and slide down the left side of the tall horse hitting the ground with a thud. But she kept her balance and straightened up before the surprised Rowann could dismount. She quietly followed while flashing daggers at his back as they made their way to the main building. Madadh stayed close to Ella. A few of Rowann's men caught him up on the latest news while they walked along.

Ella looked around as they passed through various chambers ending in the main eating area. Rowann was in high spirits as he dished out the stew that bubbled in a large pot hanging over a fire in the hearth. They took their bowls of stew over to a long table with a bench on each side. Ella sat across from Rowann and looked into the bowl wondering what it contained, but decided to remain silent. Madadh sat a few feet to her left.

At Rowann's words, "Lets eat and then discuss what needs to be done." Ella glanced from her bowl of stew to Rowann's face. She slowly lifted on eyebrow and replied sarcastically ,

"Yes...lets just do that! Shall we....... discuss what needs to be done?"
 
Last edited:
Rowann sighed as he heard the disdain and anger in her voice. Just once couldn't one of these girls accept the situation they were in? Any good Highland or indeed a lowland lass taken in a war raid, would accept their fate and make the most of it. After all they were going to be treated well and not abused. In fact God's help the man who laid a finger on them.

Yet every single one of the girls he had brought back with him had kicked up a fuss, demanding to be taken back home, or freed. Well he was prepared for this.

"I can see and hear from your demeanor you are not happy with your lot," he said glancing at her as he began to eat. "Very well I am sure I can guess what you be wanting but it is impossible. I will not be taking you back, nor will you b getting any special privileges here in my village. You either work for your supper or you don't eat. Tam and Moira are good people, but without their daughter they have been struggling to manage their farm. You may not think it is fair to be handed off to them, but it will give you a roof over your head, food in your belly, a place to sleep and better yet, people who are willing to teach you our ways."

He kept watching her to see if any of his speech was getting through to her, but honestly he couldn't tell. The others had taken some convincing and he was sure she would to.

"However if you still wish to go against me I will not stand in your way. You may take three days provisions, a knife, a blanket and leave the village. Oh and you will be taking your man with you although we will not be providing food or blanket for him. You rescued him, he is your responsibility not mine, h told her his eyes and expression harsh. The sooner she learned how things worked around here the better.

"You have until sun up to make your decision. I suggest you eat your meal, depending on what you decide, it may be your last."
 
As Ella listened to Rowann's words her face paled. She kept her expression blank as he finished his speech, picked up his spoon and began to eat. She swallowed and looked at her bowl, her appetite vanishing as she sat there. But taking a deep breath she picked up her spoon and took a bite. She barely noticed what it tasted like as she thought about his words. " So he thinks I will become his obedient little serf/slave in his little kingdom does he? Work for my room and board. That would be a good arrangement except I won't do it! If he had cared enough to ask me about what I do or anything about my world he would know I have much more to offer then a common farm hand. Much more.... Damn his hide!" She looked up at him as she ate. She saw that he was watching her, her gazed shifted down to his full lips. "Those lips of his are going to be hard to forget!" She sighed as she continued to eat her stew. When she was done she put her spoon in the bowl, pushed it to the side and stood up. She had made her decision.

Locking eyes with Rowann Ella began, "First of all I see it is to be your way or the highway as they say in my world. Too bad you never cared enough to ask about it. As charming as your offer is....I must decline it. I am a free woman and as such I have decided to go home." Ella leaned across the table as she continued. "As you well know I did save your life back there with that Kelpie creature. Therefore you owe me. As payment I will take the knife of my choice, plus five days of food, the blanket...and a small horse. As for Madadh, I want a blanket and five days worth of food for him and a horse too." She glanced at Madadh hoping he had a better sense of direction then she did. Regardless her pride wouldn't let her back down now. She looked back at Rowan.

Ella watched as Rowann's eyes slid downward and became darkened. She followed his gaze and was mortified to see that his shirt had fallen forward enough to give him a good view of her breasts. She hastily straightened up pulling the shirt closed once more. In the meantime he couldn't help but grin at her. Her eyes flashed angrily as she added, " I also want a set of clothes from one of the young men here that is close to my size." She stuck her chin out and added, "We will be on our way as soon as you get all these things together."

Crossing her arms over her chest Ella waited to hear what Rowann had to say. At his outraged expression Ella couldn't help but add, " Don't worry luv....I can take care of myself." She smiled.
 
Last edited:
Rowann could hardly believe his ears. Was she trying to barter with him? Actually no she wasn't, she was trying to make demands of him. Gods she was some kind of woman. He was actually more drawn to her than if she had meekly done as he had told her, but for some reason he knew she would not. This was not a woman that would just roll over and do as she was told. Yet she needed to learn that sometimes doing so was perhaps wise and this was one of those times.

Standing up to his full height he slammed his fist into the rough surface of thee table causing the bowls to jump and clatter. Starring down at her he began in a rough tone, "Woman, heed my warning. You are in no position to bargain. You get what I decide to give you and no more. You will have three days food, a blanket and a knife. There will be no horse, you think I will give something so precious away to someone leaving my lands? Don't be daft Lassie. A horse is worth much more than that."

He looked at her and then sat back down and began eating again. "I will relent and give your man a blanket though, however as I said, you are responsible for him, not I. Feed him from your provisions. I will have a set of clothes brought for you." Looking her up and down he shook his head. "I think Douglas's boy might have some clothes that fit you."

Glancing up to where she still stood he sighed. "If you insist on going now I will not stop you, but a night in the hills is harsh and you will not reach the woods before dark. I will tell you one thing as well. You will never get home if you insist on entering them. Ask your man if you do not believe me. Ask him how long he was in those woods and if he truly wants to go back in them."

Turning to the man Rowann looked him up and down. "In fact I offer you a deal Madadh. Stay in my village for a year. You will be treated fairly and given food and shelter. I ask only that you work for it and defend your new home. You will not be allowed to travel in the first year nor have a say in matters, but prove yourself worthy and true and I will accept you into the clan. What say you?"
 
Back
Top