Photography: Post your photos here

I'm loving this thread

You guys have some great pics. I have to post some of my pics too. First, I gotta shrink them.

kromen said:
You guys have some great pics. I have to post some of my pics too. First, I gotta shrink them.
Glad you like the thread.. I know it doesn't fit with the theme of the forum, but I thought at least one photo might bring inspiration to someone in some shape or form.. so why not.

Just got round to reducing some of the pics I took on our walk around the Phoenix Botanical Gardens. Awesome scenery, spectacular plants. This is the first one.

Attachments

• saguaro-for-posting.jpg
    saguaro-for-posting.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 47
....and another.........(just shout when you get bored)

Attachments

• garden1.jpg
    garden1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 23
.....last one for now, don't want to outstay my welcome.

I really like this one. It was quite a shock to come across this small oasis of cool amidst the overwhelming heat of the desert. The reflection looked so beautiful, I hope I did justice to it.

Attachments

• reflection.jpg
    reflection.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 35
dysphemist said:
Your pics are really great. Wish I was there instead of here in the snow. :)

Thank you.
I'm not used to this weather, I'm a cold-blooded Brit, wintering in Arizona. A shock to the system is putting it mildly! But its still a beautiful place.

matriarch said:
Thank you.
I'm not used to this weather, I'm a cold-blooded Brit, wintering in Arizona. A shock to the system is putting it mildly! But its still a beautiful place.

I've been there twice: Once in the end of December and once in the beginning of January. It was a wonderful break from the cold winters and very different scenery than I'm accustomed to.

dysphemist said:
I've been there twice: Once in the end of December and once in the beginning of January. It was a wonderful break from the cold winters and very different scenery than I'm accustomed to.

Exactly. The biggest difference for me is the absence of great swathes of green countryside. Grass, trees, woods....there is green, small pockets, but it seems to struggle, poor things. Even in the winter in Britland, there is green everywhere. I took this picture back in October, when winter was just starting, about a month before I left for Az.

Attachments

• woodland-hills.jpg
    woodland-hills.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 92
matriarch said:
Exactly. The biggest difference for me is the absence of great swathes of green countryside. Grass, trees, woods....there is green, small pockets, but it seems to struggle, poor things. Even in the winter in Britland, there is green everywhere. I took this picture back in October, when winter was just starting, about a month before I left for Az.

That picture would be more like summer here. By October the leaves are changing colours and the green is replaced by yellow, orange and red. I don't think I noticed the lack of green in Az because both times I left snow before going there.

......and this one was taken on new year's day, a couple of year's ago. So cold, the surface of the river was frozen with a thin crust which you could see through, and even though the ground was frozen, the grass was still there, and lush, dark green leaves and foliage on the evergreens. With the intense sunlight, and brilliant blue sky, it was a quite magical day.

Attachments

• sunlight-on-ice.jpg
    sunlight-on-ice.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 29
Since the thread is revived ...

I'm going to boast about my photographic abilities again. :)

... any takers for art photos? ;) I'm looking for advances because my old camera is ... well ... not much good anymore, frankly. So, if yer in the neighborhood an' want yer photo taken I'll do it gratis and free of charge, just help me a bit wiv' my new cam'ra o'scura. :D

matriarch said:
......and this one was taken on new year's day, a couple of year's ago. So cold, the surface of the river was frozen with a thin crust which you could see through, and even though the ground was frozen, the grass was still there, and lush, dark green leaves and foliage on the evergreens. With the intense sunlight, and brilliant blue sky, it was a quite magical day.

That's a cool pic. I like the contrast of the green grass and the frozen water.

This has been fun, (is it ok to abbreviate? Mist? Misty? Dys?), thank you, but right now, my stomach is urging me, loudly to eat, and then I have to get back to my chores. We're expecting company to arrive this evening for the weekend, and I have cleaning to do, and a bedroom to arrange.

Take care. I'll post some more pics later, when I take a break.

:)

SummerMorning said:
I'm going to boast about my photographic abilities again. :)

... any takers for art photos? ;) I'm looking for advances because my old camera is ... well ... not much good anymore, frankly. So, if yer in the neighborhood an' want yer photo taken I'll do it gratis and free of charge, just help me a bit wiv' my new cam'ra o'scura. :D

Niiiice pic. Just saw this before I signed off. Love the lighting on that one, great contrasts.

matriarch said:
This has been fun, (is it ok to abbreviate? Mist? Misty? Dys?), thank you, but right now, my stomach is urging me, loudly to eat, and then I have to get back to my chores. We're expecting company to arrive this evening for the weekend, and I have cleaning to do, and a bedroom to arrange.

Take care. I'll post some more pics later, when I take a break.

:)

It was fun. Have a good lunch. (Abbreviate away, no preference.)

Pictures are so nice to look at...here are some winter pics.

Attachments

• DSCF0042a.JPG
    DSCF0042a.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF0043a.JPG
    DSCF0043a.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF0026a.JPG
    DSCF0026a.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 23
matriarch said:
Niiiice pic. Just saw this before I signed off. Love the lighting on that one, great contrasts.

I admit, I had to use photoshop to help with that, because I have a s****y camera. But I agree, it came out quite well. ;)

I think Honey123 has a pic of hers I retouched as well ... we should make her post it. :D

zeb1094 said:
Pictures are so nice to look at...here are some winter pics.

Your pics look alot like what I see from my window (except now everything has a layer of ice from the freezing rain).

dysphemist said:
Your pics look alot like what I see from my window (except now everything has a layer of ice from the freezing rain).
Is that your house in your AV? :D

Back