Question about Literotica and the 18+ rule

Springwheel_PD

Experienced
I totally understand Literotica's 18+ rule. I have no desire to break that rule, but I have a question that is related to it.

I'm writing an early draft of a story from the POV of a character, and chapter one is the day before their 18th Birthday. There is absolutely no sex in this chapter. Any and All erotic things happen only after the main character is 18, which happens in chapter 2.

The First Chapter is shaping up to be a "day in the life" sort of chapter, a normal day where nothing really happens. It's just to introduce the characters and their world, and to put forth an average, uneventful day, which will act as a contrast to Chapter 2 and any that may follow, in which no one but consenting people 18 years and older do lots and lots of things.

My question is, would Chapter 1 be rejected on the basis of the character's age, even if the chapter was completely free of sexual situations?

This question occurred to me and I figure I should ask it before I invest more time in writing Chapter 1 as it exists in it's current form. if I have to change it, I'd rather do it now in the rough early-stages, than have to re-write a finished chapter.

Thanks for any insight!

I totally understand Literotica's 18+ rule. I have no desire to break that rule, but I have a question that is related to it.

I'm writing an early draft of a story from the POV of a character, and chapter one is the day before their 18th Birthday. There is absolutely no sex in this chapter. Any and All erotic things happen only after the main character is 18, which happens in chapter 2.

The First Chapter is shaping up to be a "day in the life" sort of chapter, a normal day where nothing really happens. It's just to introduce the characters and their world, and to put forth an average, uneventful day, which will act as a contrast to Chapter 2 and any that may follow, in which no one but consenting people 18 years and older do lots and lots of things.

My question is, would Chapter 1 be rejected on the basis of the character's age, even if the chapter was completely free of sexual situations?

This question occurred to me and I figure I should ask it before I invest more time in writing Chapter 1 as it exists in it's current form. if I have to change it, I'd rather do it now in the rough early-stages, than have to re-write a finished chapter.

Thanks for any insight!

Use the Notes field of the submission form to clarify that you're introducing the character at 17-364 but nothing sexual happens until after their 18th birthday, and you should be fine.

If there's no sex in the first chapter, and your character is eighteen+ in the second chapter then by rule you shouldn't have anything to worry about. But it sounds like you're all balled up over the age limit -- like you really want to make the story as young as you can get it.

Bramblethorn- Thanks! I'll do that.

If there's no sex in the first chapter, and your character is eighteen+ in the second chapter then by rule you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Sounds good. Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it.

But it sounds like you're all balled up over the age limit -- like you really want to make the story as young as you can get it.

Mmm, no. That's not it at all. What I really want is to avoid having wasted time on a story that would get rejected immediately.

But it sounds like you're all balled up over the age limit -- like you really want to make the story as young as you can get it.

Does this OP really have PD in their user ID? Or am I just imagining it?

If there's no sex in the first chapter, and your character is eighteen+ in the second chapter then by rule you shouldn't have anything to worry about. But it sounds like you're all balled up over the age limit -- like you really want to make the story as young as you can get it.

If I were writing this, I would be sure to strongly emphasize in some way in the text of chapter 2 that; "Finally, I'm eighteen and no one can tell me what to do anymore." or some such declaration or device. (it's cumbersome to have to do this but, but Lit has valid reasons for requiring it.)

If I were writing this, I would be sure to strongly emphasize in some way in the text of chapter 2 that; "Finally, I'm eighteen and no one can tell me what to do anymore." or some such declaration or device. (it's cumbersome to have to do this but, but Lit has valid reasons for requiring it.)

If I were writing it, I wouldn't mention an age, but maybe their station in life. I'm graduating! I'm going to University! I'm not your imaginary, teenaged, horny little bimbo!

And I'd make sure that I wrote the character as clearly mature; they have a job, they have plans, they have responsibilities.

Use the Notes field of the submission form to clarify that you're introducing the character at 17-364 but nothing sexual happens until after their 18th birthday, and you should be fine.
Agree this. Make it absolutely a zero sex space, don't write your character in a sexual way at all, and pop a note to the editor, and it will fly.

I have a prologue to a multi-chapter thing with a fourteen year old girl who, as a key plot point, experiences her first period simultaneously with a traumatic event. She's written as a fourteen year old girl, the nearest sexual activity is in the next chapter which explicitly states that five years has passed and she is now nineteen. An explanatory note to the editor, and cleared with no questions asked.

Thanks Yukon, Wise, and E Blue!

Those are all good suggestions, I've got variatons on that advice in Ch 1 planned already, and I've added your suggestions in as notes for the eventual Ch 2.

I appreciate the help!

Back