Byron in Exile, RIP

Noor

Citizen of the World
I am sorry to be posting this, Byron died about 2 months ago.

I thought I had cross posted everywhere he hung out, but it seems not. I have been getting about one communication per day from someone who has just found out, and since he really liked this board, I am posting here.

Sorry to be so late in doing so, things have been very scattered since his death.

~Noor

ps. more information is in the Wake thread in my signature.

Last edited:
I did not know at all Byron in exile.
I only had two friends in my life by that name.
One I have not seen for 15 months, the other died seven years ago.
Your post makes me amazed and sad. Sad about his loss and amazed at his clear musical thinking.
I read through the thread called "Palestrina" and I feel as if I knew this Byron in exile all my life.
I am very sorry for his passing away. His positions in music (especially in Palestrina and 16th century in general) are secure, well expressed and obviously thoroughly researched, and what I like most: not negotiable. I don’t disagree with any of them.
I am left with his writings now and some of the links in the "Wake For Byron" thread don’t work.
Anyway, thanks for making me aware of him and his writings.

Farewell, Byron.

I did not know at all Byron in exile.
I only had two friends in my life by that name.
One I have not seen for 15 months, the other died seven years ago.
Your post makes me amazed and sad. Sad about his loss and amazed at his clear musical thinking.
I read through the thread called "Palestrina" and I feel as if I knew this Byron in exile all my life.
I am very sorry for his passing away. His positions in music (especially in Palestrina and 16th century in general) are secure, well expressed and obviously thoroughly researched, and what I like most: not negotiable. I don’t disagree with any of them.
I am left with his writings now and some of the links in the "Wake For Byron" thread don’t work.
Anyway, thanks for making me aware of him and his writings.

Farewell, Byron.

Thank you.
Byron was a progressive rock musician and classical composer.
16th century music was a keen interest of his.

Links are now fixed, thank you for letting me know.

~Noor

Last edited:
I wish I could have gotten to know him.

Perhaps in an alternate universe where I was never banned from Lit, I did.

How are you doing, Noor?

I'm better than I was. It's still difficult but it's getting bearable. I wish days of peace for you. And you know I love Byron. :)

:rose:

I am so sorry for your loss Noor, I can 'feel' the deep sadness in your post and hope you can someday take comfort from how much others loved him :rose:

How are you doing, Noor?

I'm better than I was. It's still difficult but it's getting bearable. I wish days of peace for you. And you know I love Byron. :)

:rose:

I am still going up and down, a bit better, I think.
I am glad you doing better than you were.
Bearable: some days it's hard to imagine such a thing is possible, other days it seems that it might be right around the corner, or at least a bit of it.
No one tells you how weird grief can be and even if they did, could you really understand until you are there?
Thank you, I wish days of peace for you as well.
I will try to write you something halfway sane sometime soon.
Yeah, I know, me too :)

I am so sorry for your loss Noor, I can 'feel' the deep sadness in your post and hope you can someday take comfort from how much others loved him :rose:

Thank you, I do take comfort in it. He was very well loved. His friends have been great both the Lit ones and his real life ones. He always said he had the best friends in the world and he was right.

i miss him

but the depth of your loss is way greater. :( i wish you peace :rose::kiss:

i miss him

but the depth of your loss is way greater. :( i wish you peace :rose::kiss:

Thank you.

Byron and his mom were released this weekend at 11,000 feet in the mountains that they loved.

Back