Congratulations to President Obama!

Interesting-- Obama won eight of the nations ten richest counties.
cnbc-10-richest-us-counties-voted-2.gif

Pretty decent numbers, too. Better than the national averages. Of course, we could expect that from Marin... ;)

They must hate and fear him.

Hitler was spending borrowed money, some laundered through the Union Bank, to build the Third Riech. He had powers that dwarf those of Obama, if only that he was able to shoot his opponents.
He did focus German industry on stratigic programs and he employed a lot of people to build the Autobahns, on the government payroll.

So lets jut let Obama take charge?
oh yeah, he's a Chicago pol.
Crap!

Hitler created the Volkswagen, and Brono Bama created the Chevy Volt.

What Hitler did (actually Albert Speer did it) was develope new technologies and industries that created all kinds of commonwealth...autobahns are one example, jet aircraft, rockets, synthetic fuels, hydro-electric power, etc. FDR created more toilets in national parks.

Interesting-- Obama won eight of the nations ten richest counties.
cnbc-10-richest-us-counties-voted-2.gif

Pretty decent numbers, too. Better than the national averages. Of course, we could expect that from Marin... ;)

Because as I've said, the rich are doing just fine for themselves. If people had other things against Romney fine, but that whole "he'll make the rich richer" fear was asinine. The Dems have done plenty to take care of them as well and will continue to do so.

I guess it's wingnut time on this thread again. :rolleyes:

Man you are so far up my ass you should be buying me dinner.

Got something to say about everything I have to say.

Am I under your skin baby?

That's a rhetorical question by the way.

Twice. Once in response to you acting just like Scouries and here because you are a political wingnut? And this compared to your following me around and attacking me for months and months and months? Yeah, right.

Actually, I think it's great that you're revealing more of your asshatness and "not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree" persona on the forum. It's bringing out more and more posters telling you just what I'm telling you--your assholery here is getting beyond tiresome. Your husband and wife gutter behavior hasn't made it any better either.

I decided to copy and paste this article here;

Secession threats, aggravated assault, and more overreactions to the election
By The Week's Editorial Staff

Whenever America votes, one side always goes home disappointed. This time, however, some voters are going to extremes to vent their frustration.
Threatening to move to Canada or France is so 2004. In the wake of the Nov. 6 election, voters disappointed that Mitt Romney lost to President Obama are taking the time-honored tradition of the post-election tantrum into uncharted territory. Some are lashing out at the federal government, while others are taking out their ballot-box blues on targets closer to home. Here, three overreactions to last week's presidential election:

1. Trying to secede from the Union
It's no secret that "the 2012 election figuratively divided the country," says Lester Brathwaite at Queerty, but the split is "fixin' to get literal." Protesters in some 30 states have filed petitions asking for permission to secede from the U.S. (The petitions have been submitted to the White House's "We the People" website.) One, from Texas, says that the federal government has failed to address mounting debt, so it's up to the state to "protect its citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties." Peter Morrison, treasurer of the Hardin County Republican Party in Texas, wrote in a Tea Party newsletter that the state should get an "amicable divorce" from the federal government. "Why should Vermont and Texas live under the same government?" Of course, this idea isn't going anywhere. "Anyone who wants their state to secede from the union is someone whose brain has already seceded from their body," says John Andrews, director of the conservative Centennial Institute at Colorado Christian University. Still, Texas, Louisiana, and a few other states might muster the 25,000 signatures needed to guarantee a White House response, says Rachel Weiner at The Washington Post. "Previous popular petitions demanded the White House beer recipe (success) and marijuana legalization (no success)."

SEE MORE: 'Drunk Nate Silver': The best tweets from the funniest post-election meme

2. Getting violent
A woman was arrested in Arizona on Saturday and charged with aggravated assault after she allegedly ran over her husband with a Jeep because he didn't bother to vote. The woman, Holly Solomon, 28, apparently believed that her husband, Daniel, was somehow "directly responsible for Obama's re-election," says Neetzan Zimmerman at Gawker, even though Romney would have needed Daniel Solomon's vote and 199,999 or so others to take the Grand Canyon State — in which case he still would have lost to Obama in the Electoral College. Nonetheless, the couple argued loudly about the election in a parking lot, a caller told a 911 dispatcher. "He got out of the car and she was screaming at him. And he started walking away and she started driving in circles around him and she wouldn't let him go so finally he took off to try to get away and she ran into him." Daniel Solomon was taken to a hospital in critical condition. He told police his wife "just hated Obama," blamed the president for the family's problems, and figured she'd be in for more hardship now that Obama has won a second term.

3. Stockpiling guns
Sales of firearms surged in some places after Obama won re-election. Thomas Truesdell of Sharp Shooters, a gun store in Lubbock, Texas, says his business jumped by as much as 500 percent in the days immediately following the vote. His theory: Gun buyers are afraid that a newly re-elected Obama will push tighter gun laws. "I don't know if it's necessarily founded or not, but I think people are just a little worried about their ability to purchase and own guns," Truesdell tells KCBD.com. Vietnam veteran Tony Mendoza says the run on guns is an overreaction, but an understandable one. "Me being a country boy, you know weapons were always a part of the household. I have eight weapons in my house and they are all loaded," he says. "We've been having all these problems with terrorists and all that, so you get a little bit paranoid. I understand that."

Texas is still a Republic, even though it is a state, and as such, the Texas flag is the only one that can fly at the same height as the national flag.

As a Republic, I don't know if it would necessarily have to secede. It is funny though that a largely Democratic state would have enough nutty Republican to try and pull something like that off. :D

Maybe we should secede, take our oil and gas with us, declare war on the US, and then surrender and ask for foreign aide. :cool:

Last edited:
I decided to copy and paste this article here;

Secession threats, aggravated assault, and more overreactions to the election
By The Week's Editorial Staff

Whenever America votes, one side always goes home disappointed. This time, however, some voters are going to extremes to vent their frustration.
Threatening to move to Canada or France is so 2004. In the wake of the Nov. 6 election, voters disappointed that Mitt Romney lost to President Obama are taking the time-honored tradition of the post-election tantrum into uncharted territory. Some are lashing out at the federal government, while others are taking out their ballot-box blues on targets closer to home. Here, three overreactions to last week's presidential election:

1. Trying to secede from the Union
It's no secret that "the 2012 election figuratively divided the country," says Lester Brathwaite at Queerty, but the split is "fixin' to get literal." Protesters in some 30 states have filed petitions asking for permission to secede from the U.S. (The petitions have been submitted to the White House's "We the People" website.) One, from Texas, says that the federal government has failed to address mounting debt, so it's up to the state to "protect its citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties." Peter Morrison, treasurer of the Hardin County Republican Party in Texas, wrote in a Tea Party newsletter that the state should get an "amicable divorce" from the federal government. "Why should Vermont and Texas live under the same government?" Of course, this idea isn't going anywhere. "Anyone who wants their state to secede from the union is someone whose brain has already seceded from their body," says John Andrews, director of the conservative Centennial Institute at Colorado Christian University. Still, Texas, Louisiana, and a few other states might muster the 25,000 signatures needed to guarantee a White House response, says Rachel Weiner at The Washington Post. "Previous popular petitions demanded the White House beer recipe (success) and marijuana legalization (no success)."

SEE MORE: 'Drunk Nate Silver': The best tweets from the funniest post-election meme

2. Getting violent
A woman was arrested in Arizona on Saturday and charged with aggravated assault after she allegedly ran over her husband with a Jeep because he didn't bother to vote. The woman, Holly Solomon, 28, apparently believed that her husband, Daniel, was somehow "directly responsible for Obama's re-election," says Neetzan Zimmerman at Gawker, even though Romney would have needed Daniel Solomon's vote and 199,999 or so others to take the Grand Canyon State — in which case he still would have lost to Obama in the Electoral College. Nonetheless, the couple argued loudly about the election in a parking lot, a caller told a 911 dispatcher. "He got out of the car and she was screaming at him. And he started walking away and she started driving in circles around him and she wouldn't let him go so finally he took off to try to get away and she ran into him." Daniel Solomon was taken to a hospital in critical condition. He told police his wife "just hated Obama," blamed the president for the family's problems, and figured she'd be in for more hardship now that Obama has won a second term.

3. Stockpiling guns
Sales of firearms surged in some places after Obama won re-election. Thomas Truesdell of Sharp Shooters, a gun store in Lubbock, Texas, says his business jumped by as much as 500 percent in the days immediately following the vote. His theory: Gun buyers are afraid that a newly re-elected Obama will push tighter gun laws. "I don't know if it's necessarily founded or not, but I think people are just a little worried about their ability to purchase and own guns," Truesdell tells KCBD.com. Vietnam veteran Tony Mendoza says the run on guns is an overreaction, but an understandable one. "Me being a country boy, you know weapons were always a part of the household. I have eight weapons in my house and they are all loaded," he says. "We've been having all these problems with terrorists and all that, so you get a little bit paranoid. I understand that."

The "I'm a country boy" arguement over having 6, 7, 12, 20 guns is laughable. My father was born and raised in the country. He had TWO, a shotgun and a rifle. That's all you need to hunt. NEEDING more than that means you're either paranoid and need to seek professional help or you have a small penis. Now, if you want to shoot more than that, fine. That's your right, but to say you need an automotic military rifle to protect your home from terrorists or zombies, well....

Texas is still a Republic, even though it is a state, and as such, the Texas flag is the only one that can fly at the same height as the national flag.

:

Is it a Republic recognised now as such by any other International government?

Just asking.:)

Maybe we should secede, take our oil and gas with us, declare war on the US, and then surrender and ask for foreign aide. :cool:

Ah, the Mouse that Roared approach. That's always been a favorite of mine too. :)

As a Republic, I don't know if it would necessarily have to secede. It is funny though that a largely Democratic state would have enough nutty Republican to try and pull something like that off. :D

I remember there being a study done at one time after sessession talk ramped up. The immediate lose of primary, secondary, and tertiary finances from the large US military presence would be worse than all the oil and gas money could offset.

I remember there being a study done at one time after sessession talk ramped up. The immediate lose of primary, secondary, and tertiary finances from the large US military presence would be worse than all the oil and gas money could offset.

I wonder with the cost of moving said bases if it wouldn't be cheaper and more financially responsible to just lease them. We'd make them a good deal. :D

"financially responsible" Now there are two words I probably shouldn't have used. :rolleyes:

I wonder with the cost of moving said bases if it wouldn't be cheaper and more financially responsible to just lease them. We'd make them a good deal. :D

"financially responsible" Now there are two words I probably shouldn't have used. :rolleyes:

I've been to Texas, and I've seen where those two words are an oxymoron: Round Rock and Georgetown areas during the Dell explosion!

I have seen a big difference between the after-the-election ranting by the losers between the two Obama elections and the two Bush (the latest) elections, which I think is significant. After both Bush elections, I did hear the "gonna move to Australia" rant (and I did buy a house in the Mediterranean myself after that first election--not making a connection, though). I didn't hear any of the "gonna secede" and "gonna get me a gun while I still can" ranting. And I certainly didn't hear the "gonna rape Laura" stuff that I've read applied to Michelle Obama right here on the Lit. forum.

That's a significance difference in taking responsibility as a citizen and waving that ole American flag (and having a right to), I think--as well as in being a grown up.

But I gotta say I laughed at the suggestion of Rhode Island seceding (especially since Rhode Island went 63 percent for Obama :D). That's sort of like Wichita, Kansas, deciding to do so. :D

The language of tantrums is quite telling.

Libs cry "Whatever shall we do?" but at least they are asking a question-- meaning they recognise that there might be other solutions. Cons are sure they have the answer, and it's usually a violent one.

I live in the country now, but came from LA, so I don't own a gun and am not planning on getting one anytime soon. Once I live alone in this big house, I might change my mind. We have a big dog, instead.

Overall, this has been a very interesting thread and I have enjoyed reading it very much.

Thank you, contributors.

This election proved that there are lots of MORONS now voting!

Maybe when you artistic wannabe's find out Obama let 3 american hero's & the ambassador get killed because he refused to send them help you will have a different opinion of this closet Communist who has hijacked our country!
Any terrorist can get into America now by pretending to be hispanic. Thats not hard to do for dark skinned middle eastern types who have been 100% of the bombers & terrorists.
Gas will be getting higher still & the economy will get even worse because the idiot in the white house hasnt a clue how to stimulate a good business atmosphere other than to tax the very people who create jobs!
Ahhh whats the use, if obama lovers had a brain that could understand simple business rules you would understand why America became the wealthiest nation in the world & you would vote for anyone but Obama!

Last edited:
When one's alternate choice for president is a corporate raider on a par with Gordon Gecko of Wall Street, the incumbent ends up looking rather good by comparison. Remember, it was George W. that botched the job so badly, he paved the way for Obama to become president in the first place. Not that I mind how stupid the Republicans act, unless it is from the White House. I guess they will just continue their senseless in-fighting and leave the country to the Democrats to fix.

Back