What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
121115MadMagazinePetraeusMedals.jpg
 
Nothing drops the market faster than Obama hopping up to the microphone like a clueless high school adolescent.
You have a deep-seated need to be told lies. You don't want to hear what President Obama has to say.
 
You're about not wanting to hear the President, but because I don't want to hear any lies. Some day you might get clued in enough to realize you've been duped.

oh the irony of someone who breathlessly posted Dick Morris' non-existent polls showing a Romney landslide lecturing others on being duped.
 
We all said it

We all showed it

We were all laughed at

NIGGER CARE is a JOBS KILLER

And you care more I use the word NIGGER, then you care about the welfare of your country

Obamacare’s Toll on Medical Innovation


By Jillian Kay Melchior

The Obama health law promises improved health care for consumers, but a tax it creates will inhibit American medical innovation.

The so-called medical device tax, a 2.3 percent excise tax on revenues regardless of a company’s profitability, was poorly crafted from the start, as Politico explains:


Many of the novel, cutting-edge medical technology innovations come from small companies with very few employees. Unfortunately, the medical device tax will hit these small companies and startups hardest, because it will be applied on sales, regardless of whether a company is making any profit. Small businesses often suffer losses in the early years of operation when they are investing in research and development on new products. Paying a sizable new tax while incurring traditional startup-driven losses will be more than many small businesses can bear.

Though the tax doesn’t take effect until January 1, it’s already taking a toll on medical innovators. The Ventura County Star reports:


Boston Scientific anticipates $100 million in additional taxes next year, with layoffs to follow. Medtronic estimates a $175 million loss in 2013 and will cut 1,000 workers. Stryker plans 1,170 job cuts.

Other medical manufacturers will follow: Smith & Nephew, with 770 layoffs; Abbott Labs, 700; Covidien, 595; Kinetic Concepts, 427; St. Jude Medical, 300; Welch Allyn 275; and Hill Rom, 200.

… Cook Medical put plans for five new U.S. manufacturing facilities on hold and will likely redirect growth overseas. Boston Scientific recently announced a $150 million investment in China over the next five years for new manufacturing facilities and 1,000 employees.


Rarely is tax-induced job loss so visible.

Furthermore, the consequences for American patients are significant. New medical inventions have increased life expectancy by three years, Politico explains. Innovation has also decreased mortality rates by 16 percent and disabilities among the elderly by 25 percent, Representative Erik Paulsen (R., Minn.) and Representative Jason Altmire (D., Pa.) reported earlier this year.

But if companies have to worry about making ends meet, they’ll be less able to break new ground. Add that to the tally of Obamacare’s unintended consequences.
 
Let it be noted that ISLANDMAN was crowing about 1700 new Chrysler jobs

The above has twice as many jobs loses

ALL PREVENTABLE


Yet HIS main concer is BUSYBODY's use of the word.....NIGGER


That makes Islandman.....ISLAND NIGGERMAN!:cool:
 
Stfu, Nigger Poon Zandi!


Btw, you are much to intelligent to say so many asinine things

:mad:

Wake up:)
 
Last edited:
It is not just the tax on medical devices....

(and it CANT/WONT be changed, 1-They need the money, 2-They cant admit a mistake, 3-Change one, they will be forced to changed many others)


Its so many provisions in there are are going to cripple job creation, the economy and indeed health care itself........

We all KNOW IT


MOST CANT SPEAK THE TRUTH


Koo Doze to NIGGER POON ZANDI for partial pretense of sanity:rose:
 
Meanwhile, most Republican-run states that swore they weren't going to participate in Obamacare are having a change of heart. Just like I said they would.

Ohio, Florida, Mississippi, Virginia, New Mexico, Iowa... They've all suddenly seen the light.
 
It is not just the tax on medical devices....

(and it CANT/WONT be changed, 1-They need the money, 2-They cant admit a mistake, 3-Change one, they will be forced to changed many others)


Its so many provisions in there are are going to cripple job creation, the economy and indeed health care itself........

We all KNOW IT


MOST CANT SPEAK THE TRUTH


Koo Doze to NIGGER POON ZANDI for partial pretense of sanity:rose:

I disagree. I think they'll either modify this provision to link it to profitability or repeal it altogether. Democratic legislators have been talking about it for a little while and Senator-elect Warren is planning on pushing the issue.
 
"This may level the playing field for us, If they have to pay for benefits, and that pushes their prices up closer to ours, it will justify what we’ve been paying for and what we’ve been fighting to do the past few years….I’d tell Papa John’s’ CEO, 'Welcome to the club, We’ve battled the whole way giving health insurance to employees ever since we could afford to do it 9 years ago, as a two-year-old business.' "

Papa John’s Obamacare Price Hike Cheered By Ian’s Pizza In Wisconsin

Like many of the 60 percent of small businesses that pay employees health benefits, Ian’s Pizza has struggled to compete with national chains that enter local markets and undercut existing prices. But Obamacare may give local businesses some breathing room as national chains lose the advantage they once wielded through not providing health insurance


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/papa-johns-obamacare-ians-pizza_n_2133050.html

More people get insurance AND small businesses get a better shot at succeeding? Oh my god, Obamacare gets more awesome every day.
 
I knew it. All this bitching about companies laying people off over Obamacare is evaporating even faster than I thought it would. What what kind of CEO tells his 16,000 employees that they're "maybe" having their work hours docked 25% and benefits cut, and then says oh I was just kidding? The uproar in his company must have been tremendous. What a turd.
 
I knew it. All this bitching about companies laying people off over Obamacare is evaporating even faster than I thought it would. What what kind of CEO tells his 16,000 employees that they're "maybe" having their work hours docked 25% and benefits cut, and then says oh I was just kidding? The uproar in his company must have been tremendous. What a turd.

I am in car and will respond to your above posts

Can you please tell me, show me which CEO did that?

If it is true, the BOD should fire his ass for cruelty


But you are not saying that there wont be massive layoffs as a result of ObamaCare...........are you?
 
So, yesterday we had a horrid jobs report

The spin was that it was

Sandy

But

The 3 most impacted States

NY.....NJ.....CT.......ony reported 5500 new claims..........and that wi be revised............up.........


So it wasn't

Sandy


Its

BronkOH!nom icks
 
Hostess tod workkers

If you strike, we wil shut the impacted plants

They did strie

They did shut the plants

Workers were surprised..............why?

Now

Hostess declares

BK............

Al workers will lose their jobs


The unions must be happy

What

Dummies

Fuckem
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top