Lucid Dreaming

knottygirl

Really Really Experienced
At least once a week, I'll have the experience where I realize in the middle of a dream that I am dreaming. Once I realize this, I am able to take control of the dream. For example, I might make my boobs bigger and grant myself the ability to fly. After flying around the city a bit, I set down near a frat house, where I fuck and suck as many men as I can before waking up.

Sometimes, I do things that I feel guilty about when I wake up. For example, the husbands and boyfriends of my friends inevitably become participants in my gangbangs. Or I might participate in the gang rape of a young female; holding her down and talking dirty to her while guy after guy uses her. Other times, I might transform myself into a male (usually a big black man), and go on a rape rampage.

Anyone else experience lucid dreaming? What do you do? Are there ethical boundaries you feel the need to honor even when you know you are dreaming?

I experience lucid dreams when I stop smoking pot for a couple of weeks. Flying is my thing. I swear I can actually pick a destination to fly to. It's never the same. I've even flown to England. Long (!?) transit time over the Atlantic via Greenland and Iceland.

The only weird thing I do these days is have complex negotiations with Byron over things he is concerned about in the afterlife. Apparently nothing changes, Byron is still Byron.

I'm for directed dreaming. Meditate before you sleep. Aim your mind toward a place, a sensation, an emotion. Gently guide yourself into your dream state.

You may end up dreaming somewhat else entirely. Or you may slide down that rosy path.

What's constitutes thought? Or, for that matter sight... if you've become impaired what's the consequence! Blindness, I might see as escaping through a "peep hole" in my mind.

What's constitutes thought? Or, for that matter sight... if you've become impaired what's the consequence! Blindness, I might see as escaping through a "peep hole" in my mind.

Where did you get your shrooms?? I want some...
It's been far to long...

Where did you get your shrooms?? I want some...
It's been far to long...
Move back to Mendocino. Forage in the pastures for cow patties festooned with psilocybe shrooms. Pinch the cap; if it turns purple, you've got it. Harvest and wash carefully. I prefer them sauteed in unsalted butter with fresh banana slug and garlic.

If color goes out on your TV or vid screen, eat shrooms. Won't fix the screen but it'll fix the colors.

Move back to Mendocino. Forage in the pastures for cow patties festooned with psilocybe shrooms. Pinch the cap; if it turns purple, you've got it. Harvest and wash carefully. I prefer them sauteed in unsalted butter with fresh banana slug and garlic.

If color goes out on your TV or vid screen, eat shrooms. Won't fix the screen but it'll fix the colors.

San Pedro cactus grows like a champ out here too...in case you want to skip the whole digging through cow shit bit.

Last edited:
San Pedro cactus grows like a champ out here too...in case you want to skip the whole digging through cow shit bit.
The cheap and easy route to a separate reality is to view Tromp rallies. But I digress. Jimson weed / datura (dah-TOO-rah) grows widely, is easily consumed, and provides vivid hallucinations. Native Americans gave datura aka toloache (toe-low-AH-chay) to adolescents in maturation rituals. Eat the roots, steep the leaves, and you'll talk to Coyote and Kokopeli and your departed ancestors -- and they'll reply. It makes the belief system concrete.

Cacti are okay except for the taste. Datura sucks too. What we do for highs...

NOTE: Serious researchers ascribe the evolutionary rise of human intelligence to consumption of psychedelics. Turn on, tune in, grow up.

lucid dreaming was not such a fun experience for me. I was weaning of antidepressants and would get trapped in the dream unable to wake up, hub used to stay awake so that when he saw me getting into difficulty he could wake me up

I'm for directed dreaming. Meditate before you sleep. Aim your mind toward a place, a sensation, an emotion. Gently guide yourself into your dream state.

You may end up dreaming somewhat else entirely. Or you may slide down that rosy path.

I heard you hide beneath the covers with one of Hillarys memoirs and a flashlight.

I was in hospital for quad bypass and they put me on Oxycets for pain after surgery. WOO! Did I get fucking stoned. Just had to close my eyes and I was in lucid dreamland. Fucking scary! I asked them not to give me them anymore. There is a reason you need a good doc to prescribe them properly.

Some call it 'astral projection'. I think astral projection is just lucid dreaming. No wandering soul attached by your astral umbilical cord.

I was in hospital for quad bypass and they put me on Oxycets for pain after surgery. WOO! Did I get fucking stoned. Just had to close my eyes and I was in lucid dreamland. Fucking scary! I asked them not to give me them anymore. There is a reason you need a good doc to prescribe them properly.

Some call it 'astral projection'. I think astral projection is just lucid dreaming. No wandering soul attached by your astral umbilical cord.

sounds like my regular nights... always dreamt ridiculously. only time i don't recall dreaming was under anaesthetic, twice. fantastic!

Lucid dreams may be an early sign of brain disorders down the line, including Parkinson's disease and dementia, according to research published online July 28, 2010, in the journal Neurology.

The results suggest the incipient stages of these neurodegenerative disorders might begin decades before a person, or doctor, knows it.

Ruh-roh....sorry kids.

I tried this successully a few years ago. Frankly, it bored me.
But now I think maybe dreams are the only place time travel is possible.
Think Nostradamus or deja vu.
So I wish I could do it again so I could check out future lottery numbers.
But last week I practiced by trying to dream my way into Yossi's bed, but I ended up in Thor's outhouse freezing my ass off, so I'm afraid to try it again.

Ruh-roh....sorry kids.

Source? I Googled the statement, and found this:

As if nightmares weren't bad enough, a rare sleep disorder — called REM sleep behavior disorder — causes people to act out their dreams, sometimes with violent thrashes, kicks and screams. Such violent dreams may be an early sign of brain disorders down the line, including Parkinson's disease and dementia, according to research published online July 28, 2010, in the journal Neurology. The results suggest the incipient stages of these neurodegenerative disorders might begin decades before a person, or doctor, knows it.

Contains your exact quote except it says "violent dreams" instead of "lucid dreams".

Trying to scare me!:rolleyes:

As a psychologist (retired) I always wanna know what purpose something serves. people dream round the clock, every 90 minutes. Dreams aren't dependent on sleep.

I took 2-3 memory courses in college tho there is no such thing as memory, there's only recognition; we're born with all we'll ever remember already in our brains. Experience activates the neurons that construct recognition event symbols, and repeated exposure to particular stimuli enhance the recognition symbols. Likewise, infrequent exposure to particular stimuli erode the symbols. Use it or lose it.

But before we lose it the brain checks the dormant neurons and forms dreams of whats there before the neurons become parts of other recognition templates. Our brain recycles dormant neurons. Most dreams mean nothing tho some dreams contain significant info with little contemporary value.

At least once a week, I'll have the experience where I realize in the middle of a dream that I am dreaming. Once I realize this, I am able to take control of the dream. For example, I might make my boobs bigger and grant myself the ability to fly. After flying around the city a bit, I set down near a frat house, where I fuck and suck as many men as I can before waking up.

Sometimes, I do things that I feel guilty about when I wake up. For example, the husbands and boyfriends of my friends inevitably become participants in my gangbangs. Or I might participate in the gang rape of a young female; holding her down and talking dirty to her while guy after guy uses her. Other times, I might transform myself into a male (usually a big black man), and go on a rape rampage.

Anyone else experience lucid dreaming? What do you do? Are there ethical boundaries you feel the need to honor even when you know you are dreaming?

This is an admission best suited for the ears of your court appointed psychiatrist.

Back