Surviving the Wasteland (Closed for DrekSilverBorn)

IntriguedLover

Ruby Mistress of Desire
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Posts
4,107
**This thread is being moved from the SRP forum since we decided it wouldn't really be involving as much sex as we had hoped it would. :) Enjoy..**

Character Profile: Piper Wright - Publick Occurrences Owner, Publisher and Writer - Resident of Diamond City.
1e9b9313e260787f28dba844888fe0ad.jpg

Pre-story: The year is October 23, 2077 -- Everything is fine on such a glorious day, but then the nukes came. Families given clearance into the safe havens called Vault-Tec Vaults rush to make their way to the fallout shelters. Many people survive, others perish in total nuclear annihilation as the world now becomes a wasteland.

Current story: The year is 2287. 210 years have passed since the war. All people are affected by radiation in some way. The Commonwealth is affected in many ways as well. Nothing is really the same. Diamond City - the Jewel of the Commonwealth - is where we come in. Well, where I come in anyway.

"McDonough! I will get my story, ya hear me?!" The door is shut in my face as I'm shown out by security. "Fuck. I'll get that information one way or another, you better hide and watch.."

"Yeah, yeah. We've heard it all before Piper," the Diamond City Security Guard spoke to me, pushing me out of the lift and sending me on my way. He turned to walk away and I looked to him, flipping him off.

"Yeah, you walk away. You'll all see. The people deserve the truth!" He just seemed to shrug me off. I hated it when they didn't listen. They'll have to some day. I'll be heard. Then I'll be living the life. Oh yeah. Better than anything. Me and my little sister, Nat. We'll be making it. Even if the rest of the world isn't making it, we'll be just fine. Well, we're fine right now anyway -- but I want to make it better. Better for me. Better for her. Better for everyone.

Something has always been off about Mayor McDonough. He...he just doesn't seem to listen. I think he knows something about The Institute, but -- as usual -- no one is willing to listen to ol' Piper. Nosy Piper, they call me. Sure, I'm nosy alright. But hell, someone has to be, don't they?

I've been walking out to the Fens hoping to get some sort of scoop from the guards. Some of them might be willing to speak with a little bribing. A few caps should do the trick. But -- none of the guards would speak. I head back to the city only to be welcomed by a closed door.

"Hey guys! Don't you think you might have a word for the Publick -- or better yet, an explanation as to why I'm not being allowed back in the city?"

"Nope. Not now. We've been told to turn you away at all costs, Piper," one of the guards said holding his hand up through the glass before shutting the shutter on the inside.

"Oh, come on! Danny Sullivan, you there? You gotta let me in, don't ya?" I say pushing the button on the speaker.

"Yeah, Piper.. Mayor McDonough doesn't wish to have you in the city anymore."

"But I live here! You can't just lock me out!" I shout trying to get my point across.

"Sorry, Piper.." Danny's voice came over the speaker.

"Ugh!" I exclaim as I turn around. There's a man there. Wearing a Vault suit no less. Where'd he get that? The recycle bin? Then it hits me. I know how I'm gonna get in.

"You here for Diamond City? Play along.."

"You're a trader with enough supplies to keep everyone going for months? Wow! That's pretty amazing." I put my hand up. "Hear that Danny? You gonna keep crazy Myrna out of the loop? You gonna be the one that tells her you turned away a trader with all these goods?"

"Uh, no. I'll open the gate.." Danny says reluctantly.

I turn back to the man. "The name's Piper. Piper Wright. So, what's your name -- or should I just call ya Blue?"
 
Jaisen Smith - Age 29 - Former Military - Looks

War never changes. The year is 2077 and I am happy with my life. I have a beautiful wife and a young son that looks just like his old man. I'm currently on leave from military and looking forward to spending life with Nora and our adorable Shaun. Then, everything changed when the bombs were announced. Our world as we know it coming to an end. We were sent to Vault 111. Many people died. But none of those lives mattered to me. I lost Nora. And our son. Some bastard killed my wife and kidnapped our baby. Taking everything I loved away from me. I couldn't stand it. And now -- here I am, surviving in the Commonwealth. This vast wasteland once a thriving place. The people that survived are trying to thrive once again.

"Um, you talking to me" I ask the person standing there she looks pretty good for someone living in a place such as this hell I've got Sanctuary looking pretty good now but the rest of the Commonwealth damn that's another story I listen to her speak to someone inside this place that Mama Murphy told me to come to 'The Great Green Jewel of the Commonwealth' Diamond City supposedly I go along with what she has to say "Um yeah I've got supplies and the manifest says they are for someone named Myrna" a few more words are spoken and then she tells me her name and asks for mine "Uh Jaisen. Just Jaisen. or you can call me Blue whatever you feel like" I follow her inside as we're stopped by this large man
 
"Jaisen huh? Heh, I think I'll just call you Blue." I turned and walked inside the gate. And wouldn't you know it -- it's freaking McDonough! "Oh god, McDonough. You didn't really think you could keep me out, did you?"

"Now, now Piper. I don't know who let you back in or how you undermined my authority or hell, even how you could manipulate yourself back into my city, but you had better keep your slandering self to your house. You and that little sister of yours are on thin ice!" Mayor McDonough explained in a long drawl before turning his fat ass around to go inside the inner part of the city.

"You can't silence the press, McDonough!" I hollered after him. I then turned to Blue. "So, you seem new to the way of the city. And by the looks of your outfit, you're a vault dweller. Probably don't have many caps, huh? Well, I'll treat you to a meal. There's a robot here that makes a mean bowl of noodles, but eh -- he doesn't speak much. He only knows yes as an answer.."
 
I was pretty much stunned when she called me blue I chuckled when she turned around and started going off on a small round man Mayor McDonough was his name I watched them bicker back and forth and her get in his face a couple of times I noticed the guards around the building were close I kept my hand on the 10mm i brought with me from the vault i couldn't help but chuckle a couple of times my eyes started drifting down to her ass watching it sway with every bad word she said. I darted my head back up to her face when she turned around and said "So, you seem new to the way of the city. And by the looks of your outfit, you're a vault dweller. Probably don't have many caps, huh? Well, I'll treat you to a meal. There's a robot here that makes a mean bowl of noodles, but eh -- he doesn't speak much. He only knows yes as an answer.." Yes I am a Vault dweller I said lowering my head at the thought of my dead wife. I pulled out a small bag from my pocket and said "I got caps" I said with a smirk. Noodles sounds good I lifted my arm and said after you.
 
I could feel his eyes on my ass as I argued with McDonough. Was this stranger really checking me out? Then came the time to have noodles.

I looked to his bag of caps. Seemed a little less than a hundred from my guess. "Ohh no, it's on me!" I said taking a seat at the makeshift bar. The robot hovering in the air on the other side only knows one line. ""Na ni shimasho-ka?" it asks. "Sure," I said looking to Blue. "So, you are a vault dweller? What was it like? We don't see many of your kind around here.." I knew this only because everyone was looking at him like they were seeing a relic or some kind of person that would cause harm to Diamond City. But I felt that he had....potential. Takahashi brought the noodles round and I looked to him. "Alright, eat up, Blue.."
 
I gave a quick smile when she said it was on her. I answered yes to the robot I took a pair of chopsticks in a little cup and broke them apart I chuckled yes I am a vault dweller it was cold at first than falling fast asleep basically I was frozen and I just came out of being frozen I found my wife dead and my son missing I don't know how long I have been asleep so all this is new to me I bowed my head a bit when Takahashi brought the noodle bowls I began to laugh a little bit you want to know the funny thing that has happened to me today its sitting on a bar stool eating a bowl of noodles in a baseball stadium "Sorry" its way funnier in my head.
 
"Whoa! Frozen, huh? 'A man out of time' -- sounds like a great title to an article," I said finishing up the noodles. "Your wife? I'm sorry. Wait -- just how long have you been out of the vault? All the old vaults are closed off -- no one goes in those but raiders. They've been that way for over 200 years." I said trying to think on what was happening. This man seemed so out of place. The vault suit was a dead giveaway that he was a vault dweller. I would have to get him some other clothes..

"Hey, why don't you come back to my place. I'd love to interview you for The Publick. Whatcha say, Blue?" I said tossing caps on the counter for Takahashi.
 
Last edited:
It finally dawned on me that I was in that tub for two hundred years I looked down a bit thinking about anyone I knew was long dead My parent's my brother and sister I listened to Piper telling me about the raiders that now took over the vaults I looked down at the outfit I was wearing she was right I looked back at Piper at her saying to come back to her place sure I said with a smile on my face I chuckled a bit at the headline " Reporters never change."
 
"Hey, is that an insult or something?" I said before smirking, chuckling at his comment. "You're funny. This is gonna be a good article, I know it.." I said leading him towards my place. My sister wouldn't be happy about me interviewing a stranger to Diamond City, but hell -- she doesn't like anyone. Even that boy in her class that tries to hug her -- she knocks him down every chance she gets.

Passing by Diamond City Surplus, I pulled out some bottlecaps. "Yeah, hey -- I know it's late, but ---"

"Oh no, miss! Diamond City Surplus is the only store in the green jewel of the Commonwealth that is open 24 hours a day! How may I serve you?" Percy, the Mister Handy, said.

"--- oh um.. I need something different for our new visitor here. You see, he's in a bit of an 'outdated' outfit. Could you help him out?" I said in response.

"Ohh Miss Piper! It's what I live for! Right this way, sir. Take a look at our equipment. You won't be disappointed," Percy said in an upbeat tone.

I looked to Jaisen. "Once you're done here, be sure to stop by my place. It's kinda hard to miss. My sister will be outside selling papers. See you there.." I waved to him leaving him to be taken care of by Percy. As I walked to my house, I thought about all that Blue had said. '200 years. It just couldn't be...' I thought to myself walking inside.
 
I followed behind Piper looking at old items being used for not what they were meant to be used for I chuckled a bit when we passed this guy decked out in a baseball uniform yelling "Swatters for sale get them while they last" I stopped by a gun that was right near where Piper stopped looking at the different weapons when Piper said "--- oh um.. I need something different for our new visitor here. You see, he's in a bit of an 'outdated' outfit. Could you help him out?" I quickly hurried over to her and watched her exchange the caps with the robot I walked close to the items on the shelf I turned my head when Piper said "Once you're done here, be sure to stop by my place. It's kinda hard to miss. My sister will be outside selling papers. See you there.." I said will do letting her know i'll meet her at her place I began to mismatch different items together I smiled and said thanks for the items Percy I began to make my search for Piper place I finally found a sign that said The Publick I saw a girl standing outside the door yelling about synths I walked up to her and asked is Piper here.

Wearing-
Top
Bottom
 
"Yeah. But what is it to ya? You seem new. Guess you're the guy she mentioned," Nat said pointing inside. "Have ya heard about Synths? Well, the Mayor doesn't want you to know. Doesn't want anyone to know! Here's ya a free paper, to you know -- catch you up on the occurrences here in Diamond City.." she said throwing a paper in his direction.

I was sitting on the couch looking over some of the articles for the next day and smiled as I heard the door open. "Ohh wow, seems Percy fixed you up," I said chuckling. "So, take a seat and we'll get started.."

I pulled out a pencil and began to take notes. "So, um... you said you were married? What happened in the vault? Do you remember?"
 
I began to chuckle a bit after the girl threw the paper to me I walked toward the door and opened it and looked at all the items that where in here a old newspaper maker I looked over toward the couch and saw piper sitting there " Its better than running around naked." I took a seat and watched her grab a pencil and a small notepad " I was married I said with a deep sadness in my eyes she was killed in the vault I was in with her and my son." The vault we were in was I think different from most vault we were actually frozen I was former solider for the Department of the Army a Sargent in fact I think that's why we got into the vault 111 I began to scratch my head I remember the explosion October 23, 2077 the day of the Great War.
 
I looked to him with widened eyes as he told me what he knew and what he had lived. I jotted down what he told me in short notes to keep up. "You really are from 200 years ago," I said with amazement in my voice. "I didn't think there was anyone else that was from before the war. You truly are a man out of time." I continued to write down everything he told me. "You said you have a son? What happened to him? He's not with you, of course." My next question then popped into my head. "So, now that you're here in the Commonwealth and have seen a majority of what the wasteland has to offer -- what are your thoughts on how everything has changed?" I didn't want to seem like I was bombarding him with questions, but I needed to know as much as possible.
 
Back
Top