Would be a knight

Bula looked at Ella, her face showed that she knew things might not turn out so well. She watched as Ella moved forwards slowly, her dagger held tightly in her hands. Gnash followed behind Ella making sure that Bula was well shielded by his enormous body. He was taking no chances when it came to his wife. They both moved as one as they followed Ella. Meanwhile, Ella wished she knew where Noric had disappeared to. She knew they needed him for whatever was to come shortly.

They finally came to a cave opening, Gnash nodded his head indicating that Tre and Thorn were both inside. Ella sensed there were others as well, in fact she felt many many tiny bodies and one human sized body. The tiny ones must be more of those damn spiders, she thought. The three of them moved inside as quietly as they possibly could. Suddenly Ella felt the large presence in the cave leave, she sighed as some of the darkness she felt lifted. The small essences too were quickly scattering away.

It was dark to see their way so Ella brought out one of her globs and let it shine dimly. She didn't want to alert anyone before they knew what they were all up against. As they traveled further in, the air became old, stale and musty. Trying not to cough Ella took out a piece of cloth and put it over her mouth, the two orcs did the same.

Finally after what seemed like endless stumbling in the near dark, up ahead Ella saw a large opening, she signaled for the orcs to stop letting her think for a moment. She didn't feel any evil now, so she quietly signaled for them to slowly move forward. Ella was the first to peer into the chamber. To her relief she saw both Tre and Thorn, they both didn't seem to be hurt.

Smiling, she straightened up and proceeded to walk into the chamber followed by Bula and Gnash.
 
Tre sat up, he sensed someone entering the room and was relived when he saw it was Ella.

Ella looked serious and had her hand on her dagger. "Tre we are out of time. Tonight is the alignment and thorn will turn."

Thorn growled and she stood and hissed at Ella, "So that's it your going to try and kill me? Good luck Donella,"

Tre picked up his sword and stood between Ella and thorn, his sword pointing at Ella. "I wont let you hurt her, we have 3 of the Klan leaders blood and the blood stone, we are so close..."

"That sword will give you no protection from me Tre. I thought you had excepted this course of action, or has she bewitched you while you made love." Ella said interrupting him. Tre didn't move.

Bulla and Gnash both looked at each other. Gnash knew Thorn was dangerous, but her liked Tre and Ella. He didn't want them to fight.

"I'm sorry Tre there is no other way," Ella said, showing resolve.

"And I was a threat you'd kill me?" Tre asked, now knowing the answer.

"I know you would both rather be killed than bring about the end of the world," Ella replied.

Thorn drew her dagger, and this time Gnash took a few steps forward, standing by Ella.

Ella smiled, "Even Gnash knows Thorn has to die, we are out of time..."

"If that brut wants me to rip his throat out, I will be more than willing." Thorn replied interrupting Ella.

"I'm sorry it came to this," Ella said, as she readied herself. "I wont be responsible for the world ending."

Tre took a steep back and grabbed Thorns wrist, "I'm sorry too." He said, as he and Thorn Vanished.


"Gobu," Gnash said as he sniffed.

"I cant sense them either," Ella replied

"Well I'm glad there gone," Bula replied, better to run away than to fight your so called friends. I am disappointed in both of you!" she shouted as she turned and stormed of the cave.

Ella and Gnash soon joined her but Bulla wasn't talking to either of them.

Noric suddenly jumped down from a tree, "Couldn't wait for me could you?" he asked, looking concerned.

Ella started to explain but Noric wasn't listening, He pointed into the dark Jungle There that way, 3 miles, and there is a powerful dark force another about 10 miles further on, properly the vampire that wants Thorns blood. We must hurry if we are to catch them.
 
Gnash grabbed Bula throwing her over his shoulder and started running in the direction that Noric had pointed towards. Pushing branches out of his way, he moved with a good speed. Bula knowing this was the fastest if not very comfortable way to travel didn't fight him on this. Instead she sighed holding her hands on his back so she could keep her head from bobbing up and down with each of his steps, whispering to herself, "This is going to be a long three miles!"

Meanwhile Ella looked at Noric, he grimly looked into her eyes giving her a chance to speak her mind,

"Look Noric, I didn't know where you had gotten to, if you were near or not. I went in knowing that things could be very dangerous. Waiting for you to show up was not an option. So let it lie! We better get going, for good or evil, this is going to end today!"

Nodding his head in agreement, both Ella and Noric followed the path that Gnash had opened. They could hear the noise he made as he and Bula traveled. It didn't take them long to catch up. The small group soon slowed down as Noric indicated that they were near where Thorn and Tre had stopped.

They silently came to the edge of a clearing. There was Thorn and Tre, just standing as if they were waiting for something or someone. Ella put her hand out indicating everyone to wait. She looked at Noric barely whispering,

"Wait til who ever is coming...gets here."

She looked at the two orcs making sure they understood that they needed to keep silent until she signaled for them to move. The Orcs nodded at her. Now they waited.
 
Tre kept looking forward, sword in his hand watching the stone alter. Thorn glanced over to the edge of the clearing where the potion she had created was. It only needed I drop of blood from Malfurian, and she would be free.

She looked at him and smiled, "They got here quicker than I thought."

"It doesn't matter," Treborin replied. as long as they stay back until, he gets here.

The sky slowly changed, the light glowing purple Ella looked up as saw a plaint passing in front of the sun changing the light, the alignment was starting.

The air was cooling, even though there should of been two more hours of daylight, the alignment seamed to be changing the very sky.

"Bordu," Gnash quietly said.

"this is scary," Bulla replied,

The wind suddenly picked up and the smell of sulphur filled the air.

Lightning fluttered across the sky.

Tre and Thorn braced them selves as suddenly the whole area flodded with energy

Lightning struck the stone alter, and suddenly a tall finger appeared.

"Malfurian," Treborin whispered.

"So glad you got away from shark. Now you will create a new world," Malfurian said, staring at thorn. Why don't you join me at my side.

"Thorn took a step forward then stopped and smiled. "I don't think so, you tried and failed to get control of me. I have the blood of 3 of the clan leaders and the blood stone, all I need to be free is a drop of your blood.

Malfurian looked at the girl with hate, "How dare you. Your blood is mine girl it is ordained, written in the stars, it is my destiny."

He pushed his hand out pointing it at Tre and he flew of his feet crashing down to the floor. "I will take your blood and the blood of the half breed. His father cost me my hand, so I thank you for bringing him to me.

Tre slowly stood up walking forward, until he was standing by Thorn, he held his fathers sword in one hand and a small dagger in the other.

"My fathers sword will end you, once we get your blood, then you will never threaten anyone else. Tre's ruins glowed and he rushed forward, everyone frozen he went to cut Malfurian with his dagger. but Malfurian suddenly moved, grabbing his wrist. Tre cried in pain as it was crushed in his hand.

"Your magic is strong, but I to have Dark elven magic too. He threw Tre back to Thorn as the runes stopped glowing.

"Tre!" Thorn shouted as he hit the ground hard. Their plan had failed, Tre was supposed to use his magic to get Malfurians blood and then turn him to ash.

Thorn went to help him, but Malfurian suddenly had her by the throat. "You are mine child."

Ella had seen enough and fired an arrow at the vampire lord, but he dogged it easily, not dropping the girl.

Gnash charged from the bushes, roaring. His club in his hand followed by Ella and Noric. Malfurian smiled. the threw the young girl at Noric, taking the two of them out of the fight. Ella now shot lightning at the Vampire but her caught it and threw it back at her. She screamed as the lightning stuck her.

Gnash swung his club. Malfurian didn't move, he court it. He ripped it out of Gnash's hands and dropped it on the floor. Gnash hit Malfurian in the face again and again, but it didn't seam to stop him. suddenly he hit Gnash in the stomach knocking the large orc off his feet. Gnash fell to his knees unable to breath. Malfurian smiled, before he hit gnash again this time in the face. Blood splattered across the ground. Gnash couldn't move, he was helpless.

"Leave him alone," Bulla shouted, she had run over and was helping Thorn and Noric.

Malfurian laughed as he grabbed Gnash by the throat and threw him at her. Thorn dived to the floor, but Bula and Noric weren't so lucky, Gnashes huge frame landed on them.

Ella and Tre ran at Malfurian, but he was to fast dogging there swords. he aloud Ella to strike him, as he span and hit Tre, sending him and his sword flying across the clearing. He landed with a sicking thud, and didn't move. Ella thrust her sword into Malfurians back, but the sword would not penetrate his skin. He spun around grabbing her by the throat. lifting her off the ground. He was crushing her throat she couldn't breath. He was going to bit her!

Thorn suddenly was on his back, He laughed until she bit him. He threw Ella to the floor trying to grab her, but she was desperately dogging his one hand. He lunched backwards quickly landing on her before she could react. Ella jumped in the air and plunged her sword into his heart, but at the last second he vanished and Ella stabbed Thorn threw the chest.

Thorn cried out. Ella pulled the sword out and turned her head just in time to see Malfurian hit her. Ella fell down and didn't move.

Malfurian grabbed Thorns throat and lifted her up, "Now where were we?"
 
Thorn struggled in Malfurian's tight grasp. The stab to her heart had greatly weakened her, she took a deep breath looking up at her enemy. She could feel the blood that she had recieved from biting him coursing threw her veins, could feel her strength slowly increasing. The cells in her muscles were changing, the red blood thickening with every second that pasted. Her eyes were becoming pink, her whole body was changing. What she needed now was time, time for the full change to envelope her. Then she knew in her bones she would be able to kill the evil vampire once and for all. Looking into his red eyes she spoke;

"Wait .....Malfurian, I thought you wanted a partner, one to be by your side forever. I am that partner, we could rule the whole world we would have all these weak beings at our beck and call. If you kill me now, you will be alone for eternity. I feel the aloneness that you have endured for all these ages, do you really want to continue like this?"

She held her breath as she waited for her words to sink in, all the while feeling her heart beat faster and stronger. She pretended to weakly lift up her hand to his face, running her finger along his jaw. She smiled up at him, hoping against hope that he would give her another minute. That is all she needed to destroy him forever.
 
Malfurian looked into Thorns eyes. What she had said had hit a cord. "Now you want to be by my side? Now I have defeated you and your friends." He lowered her to the ground. "Bring me the boy, and maybe I will let you join me."

Thorn walked over to Tre, he was hurt but not dead he opened his eyes, relief showing on his face. She couldn't show her hand not yet. She had to save him. His sword laying on the floor. She couldn't touch it. She had two options, get to the potion and drink it, with Malfurians blood in her body it should cure her curse and make her blood useless to him, or play along and hope for him to make a mistake, use a steak stab in through the heart.

Suddenly Thorn herd Bulla scream, She looked in horror as she saw Gnash swinging his fist at Malfurian.

Malfurian grabbed his wrist and swung him of his feet. Thorn looked at the sword again... she had a third option.

Malfurian Ripped Gnash's hand from his arm, with the orc screaming in agony. Ella was tying to stand but Malfurian suddenly had her by the throat. All Thorn could here was Bulla crying. She lunched her self into the air, her body bursting into flames as she landed on his back.

Mlafurian again dropped Ella and span around Thorn falling on the floor. "What have you done!" he screeched.

Thorn Smiled at him as she looked at the final Vampire lord "You lose!" she said as her body slowly turned to dust.
Then he felt his back was on fire, "The sword!" he screeched as he tried to grab it but it was stuck to his skin, blistering burning melting into his back. it didn't take long for his armoured skin to melt the fire spread over his body. He was screaming in pain and anger.

He turned to kill Ella. He had to take one more soul with him, but Tre suddenly appeared between them. he eyes glowed black he thrust his hand towards Malfurian and his body exploded. Tre's sword flying to his hand as tears rolled down his cheeks.
 
Ella had been busy healing First Tre, then Gnash before finally healing herself. Tre hadn't moved he sat on the floor staring to where Thorn had died. She had given her own life to kill this monster. It had always been her destiny to die during the alignment, just not as Malfurian had planed.

Bulla was holding her hubby, his hand could not be healed, but he didn't care. He was going to leave, start a family with Bulla.

"You know what hubby?" Bulla asked.

"Neop?" Gnash replied as he shrugged.

"I think we should go now, leave this place and find our new home."

Gnash picked her up and walked off, Bulla watched the elves until she couldn't see them anymore. She knew the monster was dead and that was a good thing, but she felt sorry for Tre. Part of her wished she had stayed, another part wanted to say good bye but this was not the life she wanted. She knew Ella and the others would understand.

Ella and Noric waited for sun rise before talking to Tre, "We should leave this place."

Tre stood and walked over to the stone alter, he scratched a rune into it. before he placed his hand on it and his rune glowed. "Good bye Thorn may your sprit finally find piece," he said, before turning.

"Lets go," he said to Ella and Noric, "We still have a lot to do before we can find our piece."

Both of the elves nodded not sure what he was talking about but knew it was time to leave.

The three headed off into the jungle, heading to there next adventure.

End.



Epilogue.

Five days and nights passed.

A storm raged over the stone alter and the rune started to glow. Lightning struck the Alter cracking it in two. A young woman appeared on it and then fell to the floor. She was no longer Elf and not a vampire. She was something else. Her memory was dulled. Her skin smoked. This girl was distend to save the world... or destroy it!
 
Back
Top