Oh Deer

LIVINRFANTASIES

In a Cornfield Near You
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this or if anyplace here is. But it's nearly as interesting as some of the other crap.
We've lived here in the Florida boonies for 22 years on five acres semi wooded. We are about half way down a half mile dead end dirt road with nothing but an 80 acre pine forest across the road.

I woke early feeling kinda cruddy. Now it's daylight and I was staring out the front window. Altho my view of the front yard of around 3 acres of grass is sort of narrow I watch for critters.

The most deer I remember spotting in that tiny view of my piece of heaven has been seven. I just woke my wife because I was shocked. It was almost better than seeing dozens of naked big tittied women on the nude beach. (Okay that's the Advil kickin in);)

I lost count at 13 full sized and a few smaller white tailed deer grazing and frolicking in the grass. White tailed deer have white tails.

Central Florida may have full grown mice wearing clothes and other attractions. South Florida has the swamps. But here in the great NW in the boonies we have gators, ferrel hogs, and deer. It' ain't heaven but heaven's just a sin away and we can sin all we want as we look at the critters.

At my age even a flock of deer turn me on!:)

Maybe a quick photo of my dear wife out in the yard will get your forgiveness for posting an animal thread.

Attachments

• Lit Pic (54).jpg
    Lit Pic (54).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this or if anyplace here is. But it's nearly as interesting as some of the other crap.
We've lived here in the Florida boonies for 22 years on five acres semi wooded. We are about half way down a half mile dead end dirt road with nothing but an 80 acre pine forest across the road.

I woke early feeling kinda cruddy. Now it's daylight and I was staring out the front window. Altho my view of the front yard of around 3 acres of grass is sort of narrow I watch for critters.

The most deer I remember spotting in that tiny view of my piece of heaven has been seven. I just woke my wife because I was shocked. It was almost better than seeing dozens of naked big tittied women on the nude beach. (Okay that's the Advil kickin in);)

I lost count at 13 full sized and a few smaller white tailed deer grazing and frolicking in the grass. White tailed deer have white tails.

Central Florida may have full grown mice wearing clothes and other attractions. South Florida has the swamps. But here in the great NW in the boonies we have gators, ferrel hogs, and deer. It' ain't heaven but heaven's just a sin away and we can sin all we want as we look at the critters.

At my age even a flock of deer turn me on!:)

Maybe a quick photo of my dear wife out in the yard will get your forgiveness for posting an animal thread.
Fly your freak flag, gramps. Fly it high.

What did you take that photo with? The quality is yikes. :confused:

If that's from a smartphone's cam, upgrade to a better one with the quickness! ;)

What did you take that photo with? The quality is yikes. :confused:

If that's from a smartphone's cam, upgrade to a better one with the quickness! ;)

Dude, it is a moto razor, circa 2002. Don't judge!

Jk.

Dude, it is a moto razor, circa 2002. Don't judge!

Jk.

heh heh heh ;)

You made me go look up when the first cellphone with a camera came out. Seems like Sharp did it in Japan back in 2000.

sharp_j-sh04-625x1000.jpg

this was the quality:

j-sh0410-130x175.jpg

Back to deer. We live at the corner of Deer Trail and Antelope Court (dirt roads) in a remote Sierra Nevada mountain hamlet. Herds-bands-clusterfucks-whatever of blacktail deer infest our little cleared meadow enclosed by cedars and madrones, richly fertilizing the thin clay soil while they munch whatever they find. The meadow is maybe 75x100 feet. I have seen (at one time) two bucks, a dozen does, and another dozen fawns munching away.

I should seed the turf with sedatives and call my ex-celeb-chef son-in-law to prep a batch of venison. Yup, just gather their sleeping forms and eat them up, yum.

Den

For us this was an unusual cluster or flock of Deer.:) They came back around 9AM for a short time.

As for the photos I don't know what happened. I used Fotosizer to cut a whole folder full down and that's what I got. I even resized them over and over. Guess I'll have to go back to the originals and do it again differently.

We have cell phones but only use them to talk. Imagine that!
Yes we're old but we are still breathing and having fun.

London, Ontario has a healthy population of deer right inside the city limits. A major river flows through town giving them a travelling corridor and protection from hunters and most coyotes (we have them too right in town). A couple hundred acres of forest inside town helps too.

Outside of London is just farmland mostly for a 100 miles until you get to T.O. Shotguns, muzzleloaders and bows only legal hunting means. Lots of farmland with the edge of woods type habitat they seem to like.

Deer are a major hazard driving at night in the country.

For us this was an unusual cluster or flock of Deer.:) They came back around 9AM for a short time.

As for the photos I don't know what happened. I used Fotosizer to cut a whole folder full down and that's what I got. I even resized them over and over. Guess I'll have to go back to the originals and do it again differently.

We have cell phones but only use them to talk. Imagine that!
Yes we're old but we are still breathing and having fun.

I'm Floridian since God was a boy. As a child Florida had around 1 1/2 million people, and I lived in the woods miles from town. Never saw a deer till recently. The woods are vanishing.

Back