Young, Strong-Willed, yet Submissive and Confused .. ?

I really wish I hadn't posted in this thread, because that's not at all what I said, and I don't know if I'm really that bad at communication (because if I am I don't know how I've lived this long. I would be dead if I could say something and have multiple people consistently think I meant the exact opposite) or if y'all are purposefully trying to make me seem like a dick or idiot.

Again, what I said is that there are different kinds of people, just like there are different kinds of dogs. And that subs, like dogs, are looking for someone to take care of them, but like different kinds of dogs, subs want to be taken care of in different ways.

FWIW, I got that.

I think maybe people got confused because stuff like "treat me like a dog" has its own connotations in BDSM, and you were talking actual RL canine behaviour not the BDSM metaphor (echoes of our discussion about werewolves!) but I got your meaning here.

Meanwhile, doms are like cats: we also want somebody to take care of us, but we want to feel like we're in charge while it happens. Or maybe that's just me.
 
totally off topic but hey! look! BDSM'rs being welcoming! Giving thoughtful answers! Having a conversation!

Hip hip hooray!

This is the bdsm forum I've come to know and enjoy.
 
You surely understand the reference of "treated like a dog" in a D/s relationship. That's how your first post came off. I understand what your saying now, but saying a submissive is like a dog is usually saying they are less than human with no rights...to be owned.

I like dogs and all animals and I know what you are saying about them. They aren't totally submissive and some will bite, if mistreated. But, in the bigger picture, they have no rights like humans do and to relate a submissive human to a dog is close to triggering a red flag for many submissives.

You needed to explain what you meant. Don't get upset at someone who doesn't understand. These are just words on a page, with no emotion, no smilies, and no body language to help someone to understand your thoughts.

Without the explanation, you should have expected at least a few people to question what you meant. Submissives are strong willed people and without understanding your intentions, calling them "like a dog" are fighting words.

Or I could expect people to treat me like a human person.

My, "explanation" was literally just me stating what I said in my original post almost word-for-word, not adding any additional information.

Listen to subs when we speak.

Because if you hear the word "dog" then ASSUME pet play without listening, your ass might get stuck with an expensive fursuit bill and an angry sub.

There's a difference between real miscommunication and just plain not listening. And this is a good thing for the OP to learn, too. Those subs who say they want a full-time dom are being up-front. They're not really, "saying" anything secret, you're just not compatible and that's ok! The goal is to find someone that you are comparable with. Then you'll have the same goals and expectations, and it'll be a more enjoyable experience. Sex is, at its core, just a way to have fun together, so people seek out others who enjoy their personal "kind" of fun.

You know, having said that, I haven't done a lot of pet play, but I did enjoy what I did. I'm not knocking people who are into it, it just isn't what I was talking about.
 
Or I could expect people to treat me like a human person.

My, "explanation" was literally just me stating what I said in my original post almost word-for-word, not adding any additional information.

Listen to subs when we speak.

Because if you hear the word "dog" then ASSUME pet play without listening, your ass might get stuck with an expensive fursuit bill and an angry sub.

There's a difference between real miscommunication and just plain not listening. And this is a good thing for the OP to learn, too. Those subs who say they want a full-time dom are being up-front. They're not really, "saying" anything secret, you're just not compatible and that's ok! The goal is to find someone that you are comparable with. Then you'll have the same goals and expectations, and it'll be a more enjoyable experience. Sex is, at its core, just a way to have fun together, so people seek out others who enjoy their personal "kind" of fun.

You know, having said that, I haven't done a lot of pet play, but I did enjoy what I did. I'm not knocking people who are into it, it just isn't what I was talking about.

Misunderstandings happen all of the time. It takes two, for that to happen. I've already said that this is just a text forum where you only see words on a screen. No facial expressions, no voice inflections, no body language...all of which would help someone to understand the meaning of the words on the screen. That makes it all the more important to be understandable to those reading those words.

I've been in this BDSM world for over just under 50 years, now. None of it is new to me. What I haven't done, I've seen done. What I haven't seen or done myself, I've read about. Those are things I would never do, but it's always good to know what else is out there.

I have been accused of writing very long posts. I'm guilty of that. I want to make sure people understand what I mean, so I know how it feels to be misunderstood. There's no blame in a misunderstanding, as long as it's not continued, once clarified. I think it's clarified.
 
I really wish I hadn't posted in this thread, because that's not at all what I said, and I don't know if I'm really that bad at communication (because if I am I don't know how I've lived this long. I would be dead if I could say something and have multiple people consistently think I meant the exact opposite) or if y'all are purposefully trying to make me seem like a dick or idiot.

Again, what I said is that there are different kinds of people, just like there are different kinds of dogs. And that subs, like dogs, are looking for someone to take care of them, but like different kinds of dogs, subs want to be taken care of in different ways.

That's literally what I said. I don't know how multiple people twisted that into "you want a human pet" or "you want to be a slave".

Of course the sub is in charge like Jesus goddamn Christ.

Have you people genuinely never met a dog? A dog is not a door mat. You absolutely can't walk all over them or you'll get bit. I didn't mean "subs are like metaphorical dogs" I meant that subs are like REAL dogs, and if you're going to be a dom you're taking on responsibility like you do if you decide to get a dog.

I wish y'all would read what I wrote instead of just making assumptions about me based on the first sentence and what (I guess) you think a dog is. Because I can't imagine anyone who has ever met a dog would give them the attributes you folks did to twist my metaphor so bad.

I'm sorry if this comes off as aggressive but this is the second time someone tried to drag me for no reason. I basically said exactly what you said, yet you came in and explained it to me like I hadn't just said it.

Most DOGS also control what will and won't happen in a relationship. If somebody's treating a dog the way you people seem to think is the default, they need to lose their fucking dog because they're abusing it. Having a pet is a relationship, not a toy. If you have a dog that, for example, is scared of a certain person, you don't fucking force the dog to be around them. The human they don't like will get bit and you'll get sued. You have a responsibility, if you have a dog, to keep it healthy and happy. You don't try to change the dog's personality- this is exactly what I was talking about.

If you have an aggressive dog, like say a dog was abused and now you're rehabilitating it, you don't expect the DOG to change to fit your rules. To be ABLE to rehome an aggressive dog you have to take classes through the SPCA and prove that you can handle it by changing the environment to suit the dog. I compared myself to an aggressive dog- as someone who would need MORE care, need a REAL RELATIONSHIP.

But some people are like 'free puppy' ads on craigslist. They're more or less cool, low maintenance, and just need a little love every now and then.

Nowhere did I imply that being compared to a dog meant people "wanted everything done for them" or "accepted whatever a dom" did to them. Have you people ever met a dog? That is the EXACT OPPOSITE of how dogs are. Half my fucking chairs have the paint stripped off of them because SOMEBODY liked to chew on them when he was a kid. SOME dogs hold full time jobs. Some can't find a scrap of food you tried to give them when it's an inch in front of their face. Subs are all different and all require different levels of care. Like dogs.

For context, I was explaining to the OP why he just shouldn't reply to those ads that were looking for full-time play. Because he wasn't equipped for that any more than some kid off the street is equipped to rehome an aggressive dog. I was saying he needed to find someone he was compatible with.

I expected the other response I got, the one that bitched at me for comparing humans to animals because people who don't like animals tend to get really mad about that. I've had it happen before. I didn't expect for someone to miss the point of what I said so extensively.

Again, I'm sorry if I come off as aggressive. I'm afraid I might have and that's not my intention. It's just that you're not responding to what I actually said and I guess that's one of my buttons. Sometimes when I'm agitated I worry that I come off as more aggressive than I mean to.

Because, again, the dog metaphor. Meaner than a junkyard dog and all that.

Sorry you made the dog metaphor. You just lose automatically. Don't dig the hole any deeper. This is a losing topic of what you meant.
 
JMO, God gave us these gigantic brains. We can figure out how to "land a man on the moon and return him safely to earth" -JFK 50 years ago at Rice U. (That's in TEXAS) or how to improvise when things go to complete shit like they did on 13.

But IRL we need 1 maybe 3 percent of that brain on a typical day. Those of us with responsibilities need to be able to just turn it all off and be, not to think. I am responsible for people's money, for thier future that that money represents. When my work day is over I thoroughly enjoy being fucked into a different realm of existance by my lovers. Turning it off and letting them take charge. It is simultaneously energizing and rejuvanating. It prepares me to be a 'responsible adult' for another day, tommorow.

Lisa Ann
 
This topic was pretty interesting.

I understood the dog comparison was a metaphor but sometimes its good to double-check your work and see if anything could have been added to explain and clarify that it was a metaphor some people don't pick up on it as easy, so explaining it can help some of the readers understand why your comparing it.

It certainly makes sense that the Dom would have the prime responsibility to care for his/her sub, they are fully independent and capable of supporting themselves, sometimes the more work I do on myself the more it makes the dom want to work for that affection too..it just depends on how much passion you both put into the sex.

Being strong willed is an important trait and there's some things in the bed room i'm still virgin to like being tied up, I worked with a Dom when I was 18 and it was probably the most pleasurable experience, he had a check list and everything but his favorite thing about "bdsm," was the art work he really enjoyed photographing women and even though my gf lost her virginity to him, I still saved myself a little bit longer then she did by not giving all of myself to him because I knew he did'nt want anything serious, he was just experimenting, he was kinky though, wish I ran into him again because just by using his hands, I already knew he was a Master at what he did he's the type older women would pay for with his gorgeous auburn red hair, had his own place at 22 and three cats..

I maintained my assertiveness over him though and stayed a mystery to him..but the good thing is i"ll never forget the experience because I was still a virgin when we hooked up for a night.

He never once crossed my boundry and slept with me, if they do this there not really a leader, because if they are they will care for your needs and respect your boundries the same way you respect there's, i've never been in an actual relationship with a dom, but I don't mind having sessions with them some of them are very intriguing and they make you consider things you wouldn't normally try in a vanilla type of relationship.
 
Hello.

So, first thing, it's very common to desire in bed or in your personal life something that is entirely different from your job/social lifestyle. If you think about it, this makes perfect sense. You're in control at work, you have to keep edgy and active in your argumentative family or in your secial circles... when you submit and let go in bed - you're simply taking a bit of emotional rest from your routine behavior. That's perfectly normal.

Now, how do you make both work? Honestly, simply keep the submissive stuff in bed, and keep being active, strong-willed and argumentative outside of it. As a dominant myself, I have no problem with my submissive being all of that and more. I don't think that submitting sexually has anything at all to do with submitting in other areas - those things may go hand-in-hand, but they may also not.
You can also have an in-between variant. For example, choosing only one person and submitting only to them, while staying independent to everyone else. Or picking which areas you want to submit in - for example you may want to be submissive when it comes to always being available for sex to them, but you may want to remain argumentative when it comes to choosing movies and dating places (a silly example).

In the end, you should remember that being a sub is in a way empowering. YOU pick and choose what you don't want to do, and don't let any dominant dictate to you how exactly he wants you to submit to them (unless you want exactly that;))

Good luck!

I love the way you think. You have described me, way better than I ever could.
 
Back
Top