The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

I've had enough of politicking for one or 2 days. Not my forte' and I think I'll take a nap before the "head hunters" start calling.:cool:
 
Screen-Shot-2019-03-24-at-1-43-58-PM.png
 
Josh Marshall Verified Account
@joshtpm

Bill Barr letter on Hamlet: Prince never returns to school after unplanned trip to Denmark.


6:09 PM - 27 Mar 2019

Josh Marshall Verified Account
@joshtpm Replying to @joshtpm

2/ Bilbo returns home with new ring. #BillBarrLetters

6:12 PM - 27 Mar 2019

Peter Roberts
@PGRinBC Replying to @joshtpm

Ulysses arrives home late for dinner #BillBarrLetters

6:16 PM - 27 Mar 2019
 
NRA’s Wayne LaPierre warns his organization may be ‘shut down forever’ thanks to Democrats

ational Rifle Association executive vice president Wayne LaPierre issued a stark warning that the group may be forced to shut down due to financial woes in a fundraising letter to supporters.

This article first appeared in Salon.

LaPierre wrote in a four-page letter that the group may be forced to shutter “very soon,” The Daily Beast reported. The NRA chief blamed the financial woes on New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat who last year directed state regulators to “urge insurance companies, New York State-chartered banks, and other financial services companies licensed in New York to review any relationships they may have with the National Rifle Association.”

LaPierre wrote that Cuomo’s “tactics are already working.”

“Right now we’re facing an attack that’s unprecedented not just in the history of the NRA, but in the entire history of our country. And if this attack succeeds, NRA will be forced to shut down forever,” LaPierre wrote.

"Save the NRA, impeach LaPierre!"
 
:D

Indeed he does. It has multiple meanings. Yer THE 1st to come remotely close. Despite all the clues and links I've dropped all over the GB.:cool:
 
The ghostly crone of Brexit, Lady Clairol, was granted a montage on SNL.

Fuck.

Between the U.S.A. and the UK, I do not know which one of us is worse off.
 
GOP lawmakers tell drug companies not to cooperate with House investigation into their prices — to protect their stock

Democrats on the House Oversight Committee are launching an investigation into why pharmaceutical companies have been jacking up prices for lifesaving medications. In January, they requested information from 12 drug companies, including Pfizer, Novartis, Johnson & Johnson, Eli Lily, and AstraZeneca.

But according to BuzzFeed News, Republican members of the committee, led by Reps. Mark Meadows (R-NC) and Jim Jordan (R-OH), are sending their own letters, warning these companies to not cooperate with the congressional investigation.

Their reasoning? They accuse Democratic Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-MD) of orchestrating these investigations as an underhanded scheme to lower drug companies’ stock prices.

Ohio, why are you so mean to America?:eek:
 
‘Hey IDIOT!’ Fox viewers lose it after Shep Smith mentions Trump putting ‘kids in cages’

On Monday, the Trump administration announced the forced resignation of Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen. Reports indicated that the president wants staffers who take a more hardline approach to immigration than Nielsen.

On Fox News Monday, host Shep Smith unloaded on Nielsen and the Trump White House.

“The president said Kevin McAleenan will serve as acting homeland security secretary,” Smith said.

“Right now he’s the commissioner of customs and border protection. This comes after the president visited the border on Friday and said he wanted to take a tougher approach on immigration. Tougher, apparently, than what we saw with kids in cages,” Smith observed.

RWNJ exploded!:) Do it some more Shep!:rolleyes:
 
John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester: And yet you do not draw the moral of the incident.
Billy Downs: Which is?
Rochester: That any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense. Mark it well.

A Florida Man Was Attacked And Killed By A Bird Often Referred To As A "Living Dinosaur"

“It appears that the gentleman who was killed raised the birds and was injured after falling in a path near the Cassowary enclosure," one official said.

buzzfeed.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...s-after-encounter-with-worlds-deadliest-bird/

What makes them dangerous, however, are their feet. Three toes sport pointed nails. The most dangerous is the middle, which ends in a veritable dagger several inches long.

“It’s just kind of a big, 200-pound, six-foot bird roaming around eating fruit all day,” Slovak said, noting their deadly nail was probably developed to help them move through the dense forests.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...s-after-encounter-with-worlds-deadliest-bird/
 
‘Fantastical lies’: Internet slams Tennessee Republican Speaker for making up accusation of voter fraud

In the wake of Tennessee’s first competitive Senate race in years, the Republican-controlled state legislature is forcing through a new voter suppression bill that would attach harsh criminal penalties to some voter registration drives, sparking outcry.

On Tuesday, GOP state House Speaker Glen Casada responded to the opposition by claiming, out of the blue and with no evidence, that “outside groups” executed a ballot-stuffing scheme in Tennessee to try to stop Marsha Blackburn from being elected to the Senate:

Replying to @GlenCasada and 2 others

What on earth! You can't just concoct fantastical lies about nonexistent plots to ingratiate yourself with Blackburn. Show at least a shred of integrity from the Speaker's podium, please.

And words to the effect of "STFU Asshole!"
 
What do you think the greatest casualty of the fire was?

“We will rebuild Notre-Dame, because that is what the French expect,” President Emmanuel Macron said at a news conference on Tuesday, the day after an accidental fire destroyed the cathedral’s 19th-century spire and two-thirds of its medieval wooden roof.

The roof itself is made from 12th century timber. The very survival of that organic matter into the 21st century spoke to the cathedral’s incredible process of engineering. It is a terrible loss. But the medieval community is taking a moment to recognize the engineering that allowed this building to stand up to such punishment. The vault was meant to keep debris out of the church, and that is what it did.

I thought a quote from Dr. Emily Guerry at the University of Kent provided some perspective for that loss: “In the Middle Ages … it was possible to find huge amounts of beautiful strong oak [but] the ability to find around 3,000 more big, strong trees in the next two decades is going to be tricky.”

Those oaks were harvested in the 12th century. In those days, the king had control over massive forested areas, royal forests there for the use and exploitation of the crown. You didn’t have independent companies logging forests, not to mention the sheer number of forested areas in Europe that are gone now.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/04/a-medieval-expert-on-the-hope-for-notre-dames-future.html
 
What do you think the greatest casualty of the fire was?

I'll bet the Russians would be willing to just fabricate mor composite shafts like they'll be doing with the pieces to the wall they're going to have Trump build on the southern border.
 
Back
Top