Chaos in traffic...

Found it on bittorrent and barely made it through the first 30 minutes.

I don't want to insult the state of Denmark and risk getting bombarded with pastries in the street, but you guys so need to hire Ryan Seacrest...

Good luck tonight, Twink. :)

Yay, Netherlands were second, ty ^^ I'm glad we didn't win because next year will be the 60th Eurovision and no way that we greedy bastards (who invented going dutch) would make it a worthy festival.

I don't mind Conchita. As far as I know he's a straight man fighting against gender difference so that doesn't feel as much as an act to me (more as a statement worthy of support) :)

Yay, Netherlands were second, ty ^^ I'm glad we didn't win because next year will be the 60th Eurovision and no way that we greedy bastards (who invented going dutch) would make it a worthy festival.

Me too, I told my wife we'd so totally go next year if the Netherlands won, it was looking pretty dicey there for a while.

I don't mind Conchita. As far as I know he's a straight man fighting against gender difference so that doesn't feel as much as an act to me (more as a statement worthy of support) :)

Either you or Sweden should have won the contest.

Congrats on being second. :)

Me too, I told my wife we'd so totally go next year if the Netherlands won, it was looking pretty dicey there for a while.

Yea I think it would be great to go but if we keep this up I'm sure Netherlands will host the Eurovision soon. Ty SweetMaj ^^

Interestingly enough the public vote in Britain, Ireland, Iceland , and a number of other European countries, put the buxom wrenches of Poland in first place. This was apparently overruled by their national judging panels.

Begs the questions a) What is the point of voting. b) Do the decisions to overturn the public vote have anything to do with the number of gay people working in the entertainment media?

Perhaps the public just don't care about being politically correct.

I read in the paper that an Austrian bearded tranny won. Is this a song contest anymore?

Yep. She won because she had a pretty good song - even Austrians, trans* people, and bearded people can sing sometimes!

I expect the politics of it didn't hurt; sounds like voters were in the mood to say a big FU to Putin. But for my money it was still one of the better acts of those I saw.

Interestingly enough the public vote in Britain, Ireland, Iceland , and a number of other European countries, put the buxom wrenches of Poland in first place. This was apparently overruled by their national judging panels.

Begs the questions a) What is the point of voting. b) Do the decisions to overturn the public vote have anything to do with the number of gay people working in the entertainment media?

Reading some of the media coverage, you could be excused for believing the "homosexual cabal ignores public opinion" spin, but the facts are agin' it...

The jury didn't "overturn" the popular vote. They don't get to do that. The two are weighted equally. This time the UK public put Poland first and the jury put them last; combining the public and jury results meant they ended up somewhere in the middle, which isn't enough to score points.

You can view the detailed voting breakdown here; it even identifies the individual jurors and shows how they voted. As it turns out, both the voting public and the jury placed Austria third, but the public didn't like the jury's first and second picks so much, and vice versa, so she ended up as a compromise winner popular with both groups.

Looking at the individual jurors, the only one who ranked Austria #1 was Carrie Grant, who is apparently married to somebody named "David", so probably not part of the Homosexual Cabal.

However, all the jurors are music-industry professionals, which might explain why they downvoted a song whose primary appeal was, let us say, not aural.

Last edited:
However, all the jurors are music-industry professionals, which might explain why they downvoted a song whose primary appeal was, let us say, not aural.

Loved that description. I caught a glimpse of it, and the Icelandic entry, which also seemed to indicate that they also didn't take it too seriously.

I have to own up to stirring the pot a bit.

I have my own idea of how to improve the competion. All we have to do is stage it on April 1st.

Loved that description. I caught a glimpse of it, and the Icelandic entry, which also seemed to indicate that they also didn't take it too seriously.

I have to own up to stirring the pot a bit.

I have my own idea of how to improve the competion. All we have to do is stage it on April 1st.

You mean like "Aprils Fool"? :D

"Ha! - you didn't win after all."

You mean like "Aprils Fool"? :D

"Ha! - you didn't win after all."

Yeah you're right. We haven't won for years. We have one band Gemini, whose posters read, "the band that scored nul point in eurovision" To my mind the last good song to come out of the contest was Waterloo by ABBA.

We don't expect to win.
This is the sort of thing that is drummed into our kids at school

“For when the One Great Scorer comes
To mark against your name,
He writes - not that you won or lost -
But HOW you played the Game."

By that standard we could be proud that our entry didn't flash her tits or grow a beard while performing on a trampoline wearing roller skates.

The voting of the British public shows you that only the media take it seriously. For them it's a big night and a rare chance for the light entertainment people to get some, all expenses paid, foreign travel.

For the bloke down the pub the conversation goes something like.

"Did you see that Polish bird pushing her tits out at the camera? I've got to see that again. They get my vote."

"Nah it's got to be that Austrian girl. She had a full beard for god's sake. What a laugh. She gets my vote."

"I think you blokes are being sexist. The Icelanders put on the best show. I mean it was obvious they were playing it for laughs right?"

Don't forget that one year Lordy ( I know the spelling isn't right) won, mainly because of their outfits, and Russia got a top three place with a group of Baboushkas whose average age was about the same as Englebert Humperdink (a one time British entry.)

For our Amercian cousins, I should point out that during the Reagan presidency one country's entry was a song entitled "Don't drop your neutron bomb on me". That sort of tells you how much of a genuine song competition it is.

No matter who win's it has to be a joke so put it on April 1st or put it on the radio only.

Last edited:
Back