What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who likes to cuddle?
1699C77F-DE2F-4940-B326-0FBEA7677DBA-2194-000002406543CDF3.jpg

Toronto's summers are a bit longer than some other parts but for the most part I agree. Especially this year.
Thing is, the same could be said about most of the U.S. states that border Canada. It's not like northern Illinois is known for its balmy winters, eh?

On a related note, the youngest took off for Ireland yesterday and I reminded him that he's doing something I've not yet done: travel abroad. I said I'd only ever been to two foreign lands: California and Canada, and I'm not so sure about Canada.

Thing is, the same could be said about most of the U.S. states that border Canada. It's not like northern Illinois is known for its balmy winters, eh?

On a related note, the youngest took off for Ireland yesterday and I reminded him that he's doing something I've not yet done: travel abroad. I said I'd only ever been to two foreign lands: California and Canada, and I'm not so sure about Canada.

True for northern Illinois but the closest we've got to your whole southern states is southern BC. Not quite comparable.

ROFLMAO about your not being sure about Canada. But there's truth in your statement. Parts of Canada are a closer version of your parts of the country than California is.

Hope your youngest took an umbrella. I love Ireland but there's a reason it is so green.

True for northern Illinois but the closest we've got to your whole southern states is southern BC. Not quite comparable.

ROFLMAO about your not being sure about Canada. But there's truth in your statement. Parts of Canada are a closer version of your parts of the country than California is.

Hope your youngest took an umbrella. I love Ireland but there's a reason it is so green.

He assured me that he was prepared for rain and that he will share some of the Irish whiskey he plans to bring back. That's enough in my book.

I'm hoping to make another trip at the end of the year. Between Christmas and New Years. Between my two trips, I've seen just about everything there is to see in Dublin, so I told Jounar he'll have to take me out of the city and see some of the sites I have marked in other parts of the country. He said he'll take me to London instead... I'm okay with that. :D

He assured me that he was prepared for rain and that he will share some of the Irish whiskey he plans to bring back. That's enough in my book.

The weather changes quickly as well. One minute it will be beaming sunshine and the next pouring buckets. My April trip last year wasn't as wet as my October trip the first time. Seemed like there was always a fine mist when I was there in October. Either way, layers and boots are musts.

Oh, and I highly recommend Green Spot. It's made by Jameson, kind of sweet, very smooth, and not exported state side. Reasonably priced as well. I plan to drink lots of it next time I'm over. :cathappy:

Telling a friend about my recent visit with the kids:

My 6 year old like to get up at o'dark thirty and entertain herself generally to the destriment of pride and property.

I got up to find she had been drawing on the bathroom mirror in the hotel with a bar of soap.

The story is a bit more elongated then I'll tell here but;

"WHY Would you draw on the mirror with soap?" Was met with her sincere response, "Because there weren't any paints in the hotel room!"

Little girl in Costco (about 2 YO), swinging her bare toes and sipping a small drink, smiling big, smacking her lips and saying "ice-eeeeee" with glee.:D

Of all the nice things you can say to an author about their book, the best compliment will always be: "I stayed up way too late reading, but I couldn't put it down!"

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back