The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing about Natural, Unprocessed, sugars (Fructose, etc. I'm no chemist).
Are there none which you can employ ?
:rose:
I did see THIS.

At this point in my life, I limit myself to agave, honey and unprocessed or "raw" sugar, but in small quantities. I take it in my tea. As for sweets, I indulge in a little chocolate, but that's the extent of my refined sugar intake. Diabetes is terrible in my family, so I must be very careful not to acquire the disease as I'm now at the age when many of my family members have developed it. Most of them who have it are obese and really don't take care of themselves. I try looking after my body so I may avoid it altogether.

Our food manufacturers have developed non-foods that are addicting and terrible for us. We, as consumers, need to educate ourselves to avoid their poisons and care for our bodies. It's all we have.

Ah, yes, all those wonderful chemical names, causing all manner of problems.
Forgive me, but I'm not sure I agree; in the way I see it.

The bright red you see in cherries come from it’s antioxidants called anthocynanins, which are also responsible for providing anti-inflammation and cardiovascular benefits, which reduce post-work out muscle fatigue.

And then, of course, is that dangerous chemical name, "Malus domestica"
Everyone else calls it an apple.

Agave seems to be somewhat rare round here, but we have some really good types of honey, and "raw" sugar is available - if you look for it.

Now, forgive me please, but I have developed an urgent need for a trip to the local chippy for some food.
:D

Dead right. Read the ingredients on the package. If you can't pronounce it, why are you eating it?

Better yet, if it comes in an artificial package at all, avoid it. If the meat isn't bloody, it's processed. If the fruit or vegetable doesn't have its own skin, it's most likely processed. It can go a step farther, too. Some things look natural--such as chicken. If you read the label, you often find it's been injected with some sort of saline/chemical solution to make it more juicy or some such crap like that. They put red dye on beef to make it pretty on the shelf. And ground beef? Scary stuff. It's filled with pink slime. don't know what that is? It's all the scraps and waste from butchering (some of which can be tainted with nasty bacterium). They take the scraps, process it with ammonia to kill the bacterium and soften the gristle and fat and churn into a nasty pink slime to put in the ground beef. Ugh.

Don't even get me started on the pesticides and herbicides all over the fresh produce--which often times isn't even that fresh. It sits in a warehouse for weeks before it even hits the stores. So gross.

Ah, yes, all those wonderful chemical names, causing all manner of problems.
Forgive me, but I'm not sure I agree; in the way I see it.

The bright red you see in cherries come from it’s antioxidants called anthocynanins, which are also responsible for providing anti-inflammation and cardiovascular benefits, which reduce post-work out muscle fatigue.

And then, of course, is that dangerous chemical name, "Malus domestica"
Everyone else calls it an apple.

Agave seems to be somewhat rare round here, but we have some really good types of honey, and "raw" sugar is available - if you look for it.

Now, forgive me please, but I have developed an urgent need for a trip to the local chippy for some food.
:D

Palm sugar is also a viable substitute.

I'd appreciate a copy of the picture sometime, please.
The thought of Molly at full velocity is quite attractive, somehow. :)

Another cup of coffee?

All that air flow at high speed does strange things to naked flesh. :eek:

Yes, please.

There's still some coffee left? Wonderful.

Perhaps a glass of some suitable libation? (time zones acknowledged).
Zinfandel perhaps ?

I was looking at some drool-worthy adverts in an old copy of 'the Field'.
I was looking at pictures of guns worth more than my house; with a delivery time of up to two years. Anything up to 4-bore (what does one use them for ?)
Purdey, Holland & Holland, William & Son, etc..

They were the real thing.
See here.

Last edited:
I like H&H, the company. I've been to shooting school (it's amazing how well you can shoot with their chief instructor looking over your shoulder) and they handled the transfer of my guns for the period we were in London. First rate service all the way and they only charged me for the day's instruction.

As you say, their shotguns cost more than a comfortable home (in most places, not in SoCal) and are veritable works of art. Their cartridge designs are paramount. On many other websites, my sig line says, "Holland's .375: One planet, one rifle--for one hundred years!" However, the rifles they build simply are not up to snuff. Do not, no matter how much money you have, ever buy a bolt gun from H&H. A double rifle would be a completely different kettle of fish but they just don't turn out a good turn bolt.

Actually, in today's world I would be much more inclined to patronize Longthorne. Of course, since I am trying to become their U.S. distributor I do have a dog in this fight. ;)

I like H&H, the company. I've been to shooting school (it's amazing how well you can shoot with their chief instructor looking over your shoulder) and they handled the transfer of my guns for the period we were in London. First rate service all the way and they only charged me for the day's instruction.

As you say, their shotguns cost more than a comfortable home (in most places, not in SoCal) and are veritable works of art. Their cartridge designs are paramount. On many other websites, my sig line says, "Holland's .375: One planet, one rifle--for one hundred years!" However, the rifles they build simply are not up to snuff. Do not, no matter how much money you have, ever buy a bolt gun from H&H. A double rifle would be a completely different kettle of fish but they just don't turn out a good turn bolt.

Actually, in today's world I would be much more inclined to patronize Longthorne. Of course, since I am trying to become their U.S. distributor I do have a dog in this fight. ;)

Would I be right in thinking that the 'action' of a double rifle is like that of a hammerless shotgun?.

Would I be right in thinking that the 'action' of a double rifle is like that of a hammerless shotgun?.

Correct. That's why H&H can do a first rate double rifle, they're past masters at double shotguns. However, target shooting with rifles isn't as popular in the UK as in Germany or the US. It was on the target ranges that the advances leading to insane accuracy in American hunting rifles was developed . . . and the same with Germany.

Correct. That's why H&H can do a first rate double rifle, they're past masters at double shotguns. However, target shooting with rifles isn't as popular in the UK as in Germany or the US. It was on the target ranges that the advances leading to insane accuracy in American hunting rifles was developed . . . and the same with Germany.

Thank you.
Full-bore rifle competition tends to be limited to the military.
I'll drop you a line later.

PS. I think I'd prefer a "snipers" Lee-Enfield .303 Mk 4.

Last edited:
Had a hayday with my cam today. :D

The mountains were in full view.

Attachments

• DSC03901.JPG
    DSC03901.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 33
Thank you.
Full-bore rifle competition tends to be limited to the military.
I'll drop you a line later.

PS. I think I'd prefer a "snipers" Lee-Enfield .303 Mk 4.

Famous battle rifle and when tuned up not something you'd want to be facing a thousand yards out. Good choice.

A good choice. I was originally issued an M14, a 7.62 rifle I absolutely adored. Unfortunately, the next week they took it away and handed me one of those useless 5.56mm M16 mouse guns. I had to deal with that stinker for the next twenty-nine years. What the fascination with the AR format is I fail to understand. Complete piece of garbage, IMO, unless one is interested in shooting nothing larger than a coyote.

A good choice. I was originally issued an M14, a 7.62 rifle I absolutely adored. Unfortunately, the next week they took it away and handed me one of those useless 5.56mm M16 mouse guns. I had to deal with that stinker for the next twenty-nine years. What the fascination with the AR format is I fail to understand. Complete piece of garbage, IMO, unless one is interested in shooting nothing larger than a coyote.

I felt the same way when the L98 (5.56mm) was introduced to our lot. Much unfavourable publicity on the subject of how well or badly it worked and much payment of gelt to a foreign firm to modify and correct the various inadequacies. But I was told that, as the rifle is unlikely to be used at a thousand yards, there was little point in a heavy and fast bullet (to say nothing of weight of a full ammo box).
Having fired it a few times, I'm still not convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back