Men & Romance

What depends on the age of the kids? The availability of time to be romantic in eroticism or the desire to be romantic? More often than not in my experience, the desire to even walk outside and look at the stars and kiss somehow vanishes for the gal very soon (within a few months) of being in a long term relationship. Is it too much to ask for the gal who has declared herself to love me to occasionally want to kiss in the moonlight without me priming the pump with flowers that she usually doesn't acknowledge anyway?


Your last point is a particularly good one. Sometimes romantic for me is having her express desire or affection or be willing to do something I enjoy without me first having to prime the pump. Accepting me as is without me having to make the big gesture is in and of itself romantic.

I think women take it as a given that we want their affection (which is true) and our romantic gestures prove just how much and how individually special they are. And I enjoy doing that and reinforcing my love for her. But it can cross a threshold to where the need for me to make that gesture sends the message that she isn't all that keen to be with me. Being willing to express affection or go along with my plans without me having to coax or re-earn it every time is itself romantic on her part.
 
Back
Top