Utah Roll Call

Good morning all! Looks like we might have a little bit of a cool down today.. if you call low 90's a cool down here in the northern half of our state.

For those in and around Corner Canyon this morning, please be safe.

Ah Utah...had an amazing four days there back in 02. Would love to get back someday :)

You make a great point in how the writing of the stories on here can be a big turn off to wanting to read. I've clicked on so many stories where I can't even get past the first few sentences due to the grammatical errors. Now if it's a first time writer I might make an exception and let them know that they should get a beta to proof read their work, but for seasoned writers on here, it can make a very big difference in their audience if they don't pay attention to the flow and sound of the story.

Here are some of my thoughts on erotic literature. I've always been a voracious reader and most of the best novels I've read had little or no sex in them at all but the stories stood on their own and didn't need sex to move them. On the other hand, I've also read many very good novels that even though sex was not central to the story there were explicit erotic sex scenes woven in that enhanced the flow of the story. Some good examples of this are the historical novels of Gary Jennings, as well as the works of Norman Mailer and John Updike. There are others as well, but those are among the best.

My first exposure to what I would consider erotic writing that sex was the central theme of was Penthouse Letters. I admit that I loved reading them, in the magazine first and then the books full of them that were published later. Even though it was widely believed that these were all made up, or fiction, the almost exclusive first person perspective made the stories believable and the explicit narrative was a turn on. Those stories introduced me to aspects of sexuality that I never knew existed and led me to explore my own sexuality. So many years later I discovered Literotica looking for that same type of experience.

What I found were thousands of stories under many categories and subcategories. There were many authors trying to elevate their story telling above the Penthouse Letters formula and achieve what could be considered literature. I've got no problem with this and applaud their efforts. Unfortunately for me, I was looking for lots of sex and what I found were mostly stories that I just didn't find interesting. When I looked deeper I found the type of story I liked, but much of the writing was not very good and filled with so many grammatical errors that it took so much time finding ones that were readable that it wasn't worth it.

I think about erotic literature like adult films, the storytelling and acting are usually so bad that I don't even want to watch the ones that attempt to tell a story, I just want to watch the ones where the sex IS the story.

This is why I prefer reading the forums to wading through the story section trying to find good ones. Occasionally I'll follow a forum members link to their own stories if I like their posts, and I have found some very good ones that way. Anyone else have thoughts on this subject?

Good morning all! Looks like we might have a little bit of a cool down today.. if you call low 90's a cool down here in the northern half of our state.

For those in and around Corner Canyon this morning, please be safe.

Not cool enough. I had to go to the lake all day :D

Here are some of my thoughts on erotic literature. I've always been a voracious reader and most of the best novels I've read had little or no sex in them at all but the stories stood on their own and didn't need sex to move them. On the other hand, I've also read many very good novels that even though sex was not central to the story there were explicit erotic sex scenes woven in that enhanced the flow of the story. Some good examples of this are the historical novels of Gary Jennings, as well as the works of Norman Mailer and John Updike. There are others as well, but those are among the best.

My first exposure to what I would consider erotic writing that sex was the central theme of was Penthouse Letters. I admit that I loved reading them, in the magazine first and then the books full of them that were published later. Even though it was widely believed that these were all made up, or fiction, the almost exclusive first person perspective made the stories believable and the explicit narrative was a turn on. Those stories introduced me to aspects of sexuality that I never knew existed and led me to explore my own sexuality. So many years later I discovered Literotica looking for that same type of experience.

What I found were thousands of stories under many categories and subcategories. There were many authors trying to elevate their story telling above the Penthouse Letters formula and achieve what could be considered literature. I've got no problem with this and applaud their efforts. Unfortunately for me, I was looking for lots of sex and what I found were mostly stories that I just didn't find interesting. When I looked deeper I found the type of story I liked, but much of the writing was not very good and filled with so many grammatical errors that it took so much time finding ones that were readable that it wasn't worth it.

I think about erotic literature like adult films, the storytelling and acting are usually so bad that I don't even want to watch the ones that attempt to tell a story, I just want to watch the ones where the sex IS the story.

This is why I prefer reading the forums to wading through the story section trying to find good ones. Occasionally I'll follow a forum members link to their own stories if I like their posts, and I have found some very good ones that way. Anyone else have thoughts on this subject?

I have some favorite authors on here that I've picked up over time, but you make a great point about how some erotic stories are much like the adult film industry where the stories are so unbelievable that you pass up so much material in the interim that might actually be good. It's a little sad that we've lowered our standards that all we care for is sex when we should enjoy the story irregardless of the sex.

Not cool enough. I had to go to the lake all day :D

You went to the lake and didn't take us with you? lol :D

I have some favorite authors on here that I've picked up over time, but you make a great point about how some erotic stories are much like the adult film industry where the stories are so unbelievable that you pass up so much material in the interim that might actually be good. It's a little sad that we've lowered our standards that all we care for is sex when we should enjoy the story irregardless of the sex.

Oh I love a great story, even if there's no sex in it at all, but that's not the kind of story I'm looking for here. If you've found any, let me know, I'd love to read them.

I haven't found any here yet, but if I do I'll let you know

So after going on about the story section here I decided to give it another try. I got lucky and found three that the writing was actually pretty good on, and the sex scenes were pretty hot even though not necessarily my thing. If anyone has specific stories they've read that you really liked, send me a link or post it here if you get the chance. Please.

So after going on about the story section here I decided to give it another try. I got lucky and found three that the writing was actually pretty good on, and the sex scenes were pretty hot even though not necessarily my thing. If anyone has specific stories they've read that you really liked, send me a link or post it here if you get the chance. Please.

Does the subject matter or are you opening yourself up to all areas of stories?

Penthouse Letters... well that brings up an interesting memory. Those letters were my first exposure to the adult world. One fine evening dad caught me reading them haha. Luckily, I was just reading them!

Penthouse Letters... well that brings up an interesting memory. Those letters were my first exposure to the adult world. One fine evening dad caught me reading them haha. Luckily, I was just reading them!

Glad I could bring such a fond memory back for you! I bet there would have been times when you weren't "just reading" though.;)

Thanks for posting too, let's keep bumping this thread so more Utahans might find their way here. By the way, where are all the ladies? LittleSister27 seems to be the sole rep of the fairer sex here, and doing a fantastic job of representing I might add, but come on girls, we won't bite! Not unless you want us to.;)

Glad I could bring such a fond memory back for you! I bet there would have been times when you weren't "just reading" though.;)

Thanks for posting too, let's keep bumping this thread so more Utahans might find their way here. By the way, where are all the ladies? LittleSister27 seems to be the sole rep of the fairer sex here, and doing a fantastic job of representing I might add, but come on girls, we won't bite! Not unless you want us to.;)

Thanks hun! :heart:

Truth be told, I haven't see a lot of women from Utah on here. I don't know if it's just the stigma of religion, or not knowing about Lit, but until then I'll keep trying to do my best :D

Bored today. Rain made me not want to leave the house. Any utahns want to chat?

Should have had the military pay for your school. I hear a lot about the student loan woes.

How are we all doing today my fellow Utahns? Hopefully not too many of us are stuck at work today and can get out and enjoy the bright blue skies of summer

Back