1030pm on the end of a shit year...

5.5 hours left in California.
One neighbor's shipping container is gone -- I guess they moved out.
Another neighbor has been spreading gravel on our rutted dirt road.
Another is lining up a massive fireworks show -- which is OK because impending blizzard.
We're too far in the boonies to worry about terror attacks.
Hopefully.
 
Happy new year wq. I hope 2017 brings you and yours happiness and good times. :)

Ask your dr about humira - it's not something that is well known and it has side effects such as lowering your immune system BUT without it hubby could barely walk. He has chronic psoriatic arthritis ankylosing spondylitis in all his joints. For him it has given him some quality of life with better mobility and is sadly the lesser of two evils.

I have heard of humira.
Unfortunately, there is a protocol here in Oz for treatment. First sulfasalazine, then methotrexate, and only if those two have shown no efficacy, then they can start on the biologics.
I am 4 months into treatment with sulfasalazine - and looking like I will have to move on to methorexate as this isn't working (on highest dose now).
To be honest, I am not sure what my decision will be if mtx doesn't work because the lowered immune response on biologics scares me a little.
 
hubby used methotrexate for only 3 years and now has low functioning kidneys and his liver tests were coming back with alarming results. The specialist cant confirm the damage done to his organs are from the methotrexate but he said it probably is as a result of taking it.

I'm sorry wq it's not very promising when it comes to treatment for psoriatic Arthritis. Hubby was diagnosed after a long few years of we dont know what is wrong. So he's tried most of what is available and the humira isn't the best option but for him in terms of what it does to the immune system but he feels at least there is more mobility and we try to lead as healthy a life as possible for him when it comes to diet/nutrition and boosting his immune system naturally.
 
Back
Top