Using a babysitter (closed)

hadruprider

Literotica Guru
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Posts
1,053
"We could use a babysitter," said James, as Karen crept quietly back down the stairs, having got their one-year-old child Emma to settle down to sleep for the third time that evening. She joined him on the sofa in front of the TV. It was on, though neither of them paid much attention to the game show. "You look tired. You could do with a break now and then."

They had discussed this before, but she had always said that she wanted to look after her baby herself. So now they never went out any more. Every evening was spent at home, looking after Emma. She rested her head on his shoulder and he stroked her wavy brown hair.

"We never go out to the theatre, or to concerts, or even out for a meal like we used to," he said sadly. "It would be good to get out of the house, just once every week or two, wouldn't it? Apparently there's a great new tapas bar just opened. And the new season at the theatre looks good, there's Much Ado, and Hedda Gabler."

"Well, yes, that would be nice I suppose," she sighed. "But could we find someone reliable, someone that we could trust? I can't think of anybody."

"I'm sure we could find someone suitable. We could put out an ad. There must be some young people out there who would welcome the money, and we could very easily afford it."

It wasn't just their social life that had deteriorated since the pregnancy and birth. James had hoped that their sex life would return to its previous vigorous and passionate state, but so far it hadn't. Karen seemed distant and passive, allowing him to have her when he wanted but not showing much enthusiasm herself. He thought that maybe getting her out of the house and taking her out to a nice restaurant might improve things in that department. The prospect of having a teenage girl around the house was also quite appealing, though of course he was not going to mention that aspect to his wife.

"Well, all right, you can post an ad if you like. But we must interview her, and if we have any doubts about her, we won't take her on, OK?"

"Of course darling." He kissed her forehead. "I'll put something in the local paper and we'll only go ahead with it if we're both happy."

After Karen had gone to bed, James logged on to the local paper's website and placed an ad in the online and paper version.

Professional couple seek babysitter for one-year-old daughter, approx one evening per week. $15/hour, local transport provided. Must have calm temperament and experience with young children. Contact jamesag83 at gmail.com to arrange an interview.
 
"Hi, come on in," Karen greeted her with a smile at the door. There were always a few nerves whenever meeting a new family no matter how many times she had done it previously. Most were referred, but once in a while she found her own clients online. She stepped into the warmth of the house. As she passed the mirror in the hall she checked that her plain brown shoulder length hair was still in place, not straying from its part in the middle nor its subtle waves. The lapels of her blouse overlapped the neck of her light blue sweater under her quilted olive green jacket and her bag hung at the hip of her loose jeans. She had told her parents the address and number of where she had been headed as she always had done before, especially for a first time visit.

"Should I take off my shoes?" she asked.

"No no, as long as they're clean," said Karen as she led her into the living room. Eighteen was rather old to still be babysitting, but while most of her peers had jobs that deducted taxes and the like, she had found a comfort zone in minding children. Maybe she just wasn't that ambitious or outgoing, telling herself that she would wait until she graduated before getting into the workforce proper. At five-four she was shorter than Karen and far less curvy. She was often intimidated by women so put together, but the prospective client seemed nice so far. She was anxious to meet little Emma. Meeting the child always settled her nerves. For the moment she'd have to acquaint herself with the father as he entered the living room from the kitchen.

"Ramona Scolari," she smiled shyly and extended her hand towards him. "Hi."
 
"Oh, that will be her," said Karen, as the doorbell rang. She stood on tiptoe to give her slim, handsome husband a quick kiss and ran her hand through his wavy brown hair with its few flecks of grey, before going into the hall to open the door for the potential babysitter. James lingered in the kitchen for a moment, adjusted his jacket and put on his best smile before going out to meet her.

"Ramona, lovely to meet you," he said, taking her by the hand and holding onto it just slightly too long, while looking down at her and making eye contact for as long as he could, knowing the effect his big, dark brown eyes usually had on women. She could not really be described as hot, but not unattractive either. Her face was rather plain but she had nice smooth skin. Her breasts were on the small side, but she had a nice slim waist. Below that, he couldn't tell, as she was wearing baggy jeans. Maybe she could be encouraged to wear a tight skirt, he thought. His wife had put on weight, and was getting wobbly in places, so it was a pleasure to look at a lean, firm young woman.

"Do sit down, please, make yourself comfortable, take your jacket off." He enjoyed watching girls take jackets off, there was something very sexy about the shoulder movements. "Would you like a glass of wine?" He waved the open bottle suggestively. "Or something else perhaps?"

"So as we said in the ad, we just want someone to look after Emma for a few hours in the evening, roughly 7 - 11 say, not too late, about once a week, so we can go out." He reached out and squeezed Karen's hand. "We can pick you up from your house and take you home aftetwards if you don't have your own transport. So, can you tell us a bit about you, and what experience you have looking after children?"
 
"Ramona, lovely to meet you."

James' lingering touch caught her by surprise, sending goosebumps up her arm and over her shoulder. Ramona had never felt anything like that before, at least not in such a way, and there was something in his dark eyes as he invited her to remove her coat and sit that she could not describe yet found utterly commanding and captivating. Starting with the unaffected arm she unshouldered her jacket, then followed suit with the tingly one, and folding it neatly over her arm she sat, taking up as little room on the end of the couch as possible. Ramona was suddenly and inexplicably rather conscious of her appearance. She worried whether her light application of pink shadow over her plain blue eyes was appropriate and whether her subtle dusting of cheek freckles was too noticeable. The mirror was no longer visible from her position on the couch.

When Karen reentered the room with an almost beaming smile she took her husband's hand. They looked like a couple in love, committed to each other. The vibe of his touch must have been an aberration of sorts. Ramona figured that she would just dismiss it as the interview began in earnest.

"I've been babysitting for about five years," she said quietly. Her eyes started with Karen, but when the thought of herself taking on part of the role of the woman of her house a mild sense of guilt struck her and she shifted her gaze to James. "I currently have one other client, but I've looked after nine different children before." Looking at James was even more difficult. It was mesmerizing and made her nervous. She looked at the floor as her fingers fidgeted. "Five girls, four boys. The youngest was six months, the oldest eleven." Then she looked to Karen again. "I have references," she said almost like a question.
 
"OK, that all sounds good Ramona. We'll check out your references later," said James with a grin. The girl still seemed on edge, for some reason, and he wanted to get her to relax a bit. "You have a lot of experience, for someone so young!" She seemed to lighten up a little.

He kept his eyes on the girl. She really was quite pretty. His mind drifted, and he found himself wondering about her sex life. How many men had been inside her? Did she sleep around? Did she have a steady boyfriend? Or was she perhaps a virgin? Did she play with herself in bed every night, with her fingers or a toy...?

He was jolted out of his fantasising by Karen nudging him. "I said, James, shall we take Ramona up to see Emma?"

"Oh, sorry dear, well, why don't you two go up? Be quiet though, we don't want to wake her up again, do we!"

The two women went upstairs, to fuss and coo over the baby. James had a look through Ramona's jacket pockets and handbag while she was gone, just out of curiosity. But he didn't find any photos of boyfriends, packets of condoms or vibrators.

When they came back down, Ramona seemed happier. They said their goodbyes and she left.

"Well, I think she'll do, don't you?" said James.

"Yes, she seems a nice, sensible girl, I think she's fine. And she's not a curvy busty blonde, so I don't have to worry about you, do I James!" she said with a smirk, patting him on the thigh.

"What are you talking about?!" he laughed. "OK, I'll send her a text tomorrow. And let's ask her to come on Tuesday so we can go out for a meal."
 
On tiptoes, Karen showed her into the baby's room. Emma lay fast asleep on her tummy, cheek to the mattress, her little body busy recovering from the rigors of a toddler's day. They remained quiet a moment while Karen carefully adjusted the blanket in the glow of the night light. Leading her back into the hall, Karen showed her the closet where the diapers and other needs were kept.

"She's a Momma's girl so I just know she's going to cry," Emma's mother warned with a sigh.

"That's okay, I'm used to that," said Ramona. "I've heard many crying babies before."

"If you do manage to put her down and she wakes up alone she will cry for me," Karen continued. "But when she's up and around she doesn't cause much trouble. She doesn't get into things too often. She likes magazines, especially glossy ones. They're good to keep her quiet." She finished up her talk as they descended the stairs. "You can always call."

So she had gotten the job and her first sit was Tuesday at seven. Ramona was nervous. Of course there were always nerves with a first sit, but it was more than that. She had never stressed much about what to wear so long as she was presentable, but this time it felt so much more important to impress and she couldn't say why. This time she wore black tights under a plain black skirt with a simple grey tee. Over that she took one of her nicer blouses, navy blue with a beige diamond pattern running between vertical stripes, knotted it and rolled up the cuffs. Adding to her black mascara and pink eye shadow, she painted on a subtle clear lip gloss and topped off the look by pulling her hair back with a sparkly silver headband. Unsure if her mother would comment, she covered it all in her olive green quilted jacket as she headed out the door with her bag.

Stepping off the bus at fourteenth avenue, Ramona walked the last two blocks unable to slow her steps. Just like the first time, she approached the door with an urgent pulse and rang the bell. It was ten to seven.
 
James was ready in his jacket and tie to go out to a smart French restaurant with his wife for the first time in abiut two years. Karen was still getting herself ready upstairs and at the same time fussing over Emma, and worrying if she would be happy with the new babysitter. James had done his best to reassure her that all would be fine.

He opened the door. "Ramona, hi, come on in!" he said. She was wearing that nasty quilted jacket again. "Let me take your coat, please." He stood close to her and helped her take it off, disposing of it on one of the hooks by the door. She looked a lot better without it. He was pleased to see that this time, instead of the baggy jeans, she was wearing a skirt that showed off the slight curve of her hips and her slim legs in tights. She had taken some care with her make-up as well, so her eyes and lips looked very inviting.
"You're looking very pretty tonight Ramona, if you don't mind me saying so!" He smiled and looked into her eyes. "It's almost as if you are the one going for a night out, with your boyfriend perhaps?"
He realised he had probably gone a bit too far, and embarrassed the girl, so he changed the subject.
"Karen is upstairs, she'll be down with Emma in a minute. I do hope she behaves herself - Emma I mean - normally she's pretty good." But just at that moment there was a loud wailing noise, followed by imploring hushing sounds from Karen as she carried the baby downstairs.
 
After inviting her in, James moved behind her and slipped her coat from her shoulders. A coolness spread down the flesh of her back that left her in a sudden serenity. Then looking her up and down she felt a flattery within her that she had not experienced before.

"You're looking very pretty tonight Ramona, if you don't mind me saying so."

"Thank you," she blushed quietly in the unexpected spotlight of his attention. James was quite sharp himself, in jacket and tie for the evening.

"It's almost as if you are the one going for a night out, with your boyfriend perhaps?"

"Oh, I don't have a boyfriend," she almost laughed in embarrassment. She folded one arm across her body to grip the other elbow.

Then Karen came down the stairs with baby Emma in her arms. She had a tan dress wrapped about her ample bust and hips. Duty broke the moment between Ramona and James.

"Oh, you're getting tears on my dress," she sang as she stroked along her daughter's soft dark hair to where it began to curl at the ends. "Come see Ramona?" she coaxed in her same soft voice. Emma stopped to take in the new guest, eyes wide with captivation. "Come say hi?"

"Hi Emma," Ramona waved. Karen brought her closer and when the toddler remained transfixed, she handed her over. Emma's curiosity seemed to outweigh her fear and she silently regarded Ramona's face. A drip of snot rolled from her nostril and onto her lip. She was a baby.

"Want to come play with Ramona?" Karen asked. Then she led them into the living room. A newscaster's face was on the television. There was a playpen in the corner. Karen handed her daughter a stuffed lamb as they sat upon the couch with the child in the middle. Emma took the lamb, her little fingers clutching the foot, looked up at Ramona and offered it.

"Thank you," Ramona smiled, gave it a hug and then offered it back. Emma took it and looked up at her mother.

"She's already been fed. If she needs more, there's some cereal in a blue container in the fridge. Just warm it up in the microwave," Karen instructed. "She doesn't wander much but if you have to go to the bathroom or something just put her in the playpen."

"No problem, Mrs Gardner," said Ramona as she reached for a tissue from the coffee table to dab Emma's nose.
 
James could see that his baby daughter was in safe and competent hands. "Now, you be a good girl Emma! Auntie Ramona is going to look after you while Mummy and Daddy go out for a while, OK?" Emma put on a slightly puzzled look but seemed to be happy with the arrangements.

"We normally put her to bed around 8 to 9, but if she won't settle down, it's not a problem if she stays up," said Karen. "Give us a call if you have any questions or problems. We won't be very late back."

"And please make yourself at home," added James, "Watch some TV. Make yourself some tea or coffee in the kitchen if you like." He smiled at her, and his eyes roamed up and down her slim young body.

James moved towards the door, and after a little more fussing, Karen joined him and they went out to the car and drove off to a nice quiet French restaurant. The food was great, and it almost felt like they were dating again, but Karen seemed a bit on edge, understandably, being away from her baby daughter for the first time. She called Ramona twice during the meal to check that Emma was OK. Neither of them drank more than one glass of wine.

They got back home around 10.30. Everything was fine, of course, and Ramona had managed to get Emma to go to sleep.

James paid Ramona in cash, a little over what they had agreed. "Now, can I drive you home, Ramona? You don't want to be relying on the bus at this time of night!" He was looking forward to having some time alone with her in the car.
 
The door clicked shut and Mom and Dad were gone. It didn't take long for little Emma to figure out that something was up. Sitting on the sofa, the stuffed lamb fell from her grasp, bounced and dropped to the floor. Then her face slowly contorted into uneasiness and she began to cry. Ramona understood that it was the first time that she had been separated from her mother. Emma was not to be consoled and she wailed louder as her sitter picked her up to put her in the playpen. She cried and cried and cried, standing at the edge of the pen and clutching the rail waiting for Mom to return. It was all part of gaining some independence and there was nothing for Ramona to do but sympathize.

Gradually the wails subsided into sobs and then into whimpers. At some point Ramona took out a paperback that she was halfway through and continued reading despite the distraction. After a half hour Ramona put the book down to check on her. Something smelled funny so she picked her up to take her to the bathroom. This brought on a new round of crying as she had her diaper changed. Again it was fully understandable to be upset with a stranger performing such an intimate task so Ramona just methodically got the job done. Once cleaned up and changed, Emma calmed a bit. It wasn;t so bad after all.

The child seemed more comfortable with Ramona from then on and when they returned to the living room she found her puzzle on the floor. Ramona stretched out on the carpet to help her fit the large wooden pieces printed with animals into their obvious matching holes. Pieces went in, came out and went back in again but the whole frame was never completed. After a while Ramona moved to the couch and found the satellite radio stations on the TV. When she put on Camila Cabello's Havana, the sounds caught Emma's attention. The child was captivated as if in a trance and Ramona could only smile warmly. They were making a connection.

A couple of minutes later the song ended and another started. It didn't take long for Emma to realize that the vibe was different and less interesting than the previous one. She crawled over to find her lamb under the coffee table. Even the fluffy white animal couldn't hold her interest and she got a bit cranky.

"Tired?" Ramona asked. The answer was obvious and it was time for bed. She fussed and cried some more but it didn't take long for her to nod off, leaving Ramona to head back downstairs and finish the rest of her book before James and Karen got home.

"How was she?" asked Karen.

"Upset at first but then we became friends," she said. "Then she got tired."

James paid her including a small tip, then offered a ride home as Karen went upstairs to check on her daughter.

"Thank you Mr Gardner," she said quietly and slipped into her olive green coat.
 
Karen disappeared upstairs, worrying unnecessarily about Emma, James thought. But that left him alone with the babysitter. He got her ugly coat and watched sadly as her elegant figure disappeared inside it. At least he could still admire her slim legs. He opened the door and showed Ramona out to the white BMW in the driveway, opening the passenger side door for her in a gentlemanly manner before going round to the other side.

"Can you remind me of your address?" he asked, and typed it into the SatNav. The system said it should take 14 minutes to get there, a respectable area but not quite as smart as where the Gardners lived. He tried to make some casual conversation. "Well, we're not too late. Should have you home before eleven, so your parents won't be worried." He also asked her if she could sit for them again on Saturday, so they could go out to the theatre.

There was no traffic so he did not have to concentrate too hard on the driving as the car purred along, which was just as well, as his eyes kept getting distracted by the pretty pair of knees emerging from the skirt sitting next to him. They reached the quiet street where she lived and pulled up outside the little white house. He thanked her again, and then, as they said goodbye, he gave her a little kiss on her cheek.
 
In the driveway, the car gleamed white and sleek like a ghost in the pale glow of the street lamp. At first Ramona found it confusing why he would follow her around to the passenger's side, but then could only blush when he held the door open for her and shut it behind her after she tucked her legs in. Then he went around to the driver's side, sat in and clicked it shut tight, sealing off the quiet evening outside. They were alone.

James backed out of the driveway and followed the directions of the computer navigation. The car glided along as if the road beneath them wasn't even there. Ramona felt as if they were in a cocoon together.

"Saturday should be fine," she told him when he inquired as to her availability. It wasn't as if she was the kind of girl that got invited to all the happening parties.

James was so casual and relaxed as he drove, still in his jacket and tie, well kept behind the wheel of his modern machine. She was his special passenger. It was more than comforting. It was serene. She tried not to look at him as he drove, but stole the occasional fleeting glance. The glow of the street lamp caught his handsome profile, his nose, his lips, his jaw, and haloed the fringes of his hair. Then as the car passed into the dark recess between posts he faded into darkness with only a hint of dashboard green upon his features.

"Arrival at destination, fifteen-thirty-eight Maplewood Drive," the husky female digitized voice of the navigation announced.

The ride was over all too soon. When Ramona pulled the handle to unlatch the door, James leaned over to kiss her cheek. It was so unexpected that she froze.

"Oh, uh ... thank you," she blushed awkwardly. The next moment was a still pause with only the soft hum of the idling engine between them. Then snapping out of it, Ramona climbed out and bent over to reach for her bag. "See you again," she smiled nervously before clicking the door shut and stepping hurriedly towards the house. As she opened the side door, she risked one quick expressionless glance at him before ducking inside for the night.
 
He wasn't sure how she would respond. Would she jump on him and start ripping her clothes off? Not very likely given that they were parked outside her parents house. Or would she scream and run off, complain to her parents, and then never want to babysit for them ever again, leaving him with some awkward explaining to do to his wife? Fortunately not.

She thanked him - was that for the ride or for the kiss? He wished her goodnight and then watched her pert little behind as she walked up to the house. She turned to look back with an ambiguous look on her face as she turned the door handle. He smiled and waved back, trying to look calm and confident, as if kissing a pretty girl half his age was something quite natural. Then she was gone. He sat there for a few moments, fantasising about Ramona going upstairs and getting undressed... Then he realised that hanging around would look creepy, so he drove home.

When he got back the house was quiet. He checked on Emma, who was sleeping peacefully with a contented look on her face. He went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth and then got into bed beside Karen, who was reading. He snuggled up against her and his hardness pressed against her thigh through her nightdress. Feeling sexy and flattered, she opened her legs for him more eagerly than usual. She did not realise that as he eased his way inside her, he was thinking only of the pretty young babysitter, and looking forward to seeing her again on Saturday.
 
The rest of the week seemed to fly by. There were moments to herself when Ramona curled up in the corner of the sofa or sprawled out on her bed in silence recalling the car ride home with James, trying to bring back the intimate sensations, reliving his peck on her cheek. Sometimes she came close and her skin began to tingle, but the feeling frustratingly vanished as soon as she dwelled upon it. Once in the shower after rinsing her hair, she just stood under the stream of water, letting it purify her, soothing her skin, pelting down until she felt a mild numbness, removing her from reality, the closest she could get to the ride home on Tuesday night. Then the moment was broken by a knock on the door. Dad was concerned that she'd been in there for quite some time. She wasn't sure if his cause was her well-being or simply the wasting of hot water.

The Gardners were going to the theater. Ramona wasn't sure if James had meant the actual theater or simply the cinema. If it were for live drama, James would most certainly be put together in another suit. Then she wondered what Mrs Gardner would be wearing. Whatever her outfit would be would obviously upstage her own, and she supposed that it should.

Not one with much imagination for makeup, she did herself as she had done on her last visit with pink eye shadow, but got a touch more daring, thickening the black mascara. She put on a dress. It had been a while since Ramona had worn one, and she only had three or four in her closet. The one that she chose was cream colored with a microprint of vines and buds. The sleeves were long and the hem fell to the knee covering her well. The collar tied loosely by bow ribbon, not too large and not too small, adding a distinct feminine touch that she was inexplicably compelled to put forth. Black tights hid the skin of her legs and she put on black flat heeled shoes with a steel buckle.

The bus stopped at fourteenth avenue. The shiny material of her olive green coat caught the street light glow in its ridges between the stitched ribbing as she approached the house. Clutching strap of bag on left shoulder, Ramona took a deep breath and reached up with her right hand to ring the bell.
 
James and Karen were getting ready for their first night out at the theater for a couple of years, to see a new production of Shakespeare's comedy As You Like It. He put on his best suit, a fine grey material, and Karen wore a stylish black dress with stockings and modest heels, plus her diamond earrings and silver necklace. Emma was wearing a fluffy onesie with a teddy bear on it, and seemed to be in a happy mood, so they hoped that she wouldn't be any trouble for the babysitter.

The doorbell rang, and Karen was still doing her make-up, so James went down to let Ramona in. Ugg - she was wearing that horrible quilted coat again. "Hello, Ramona, bang on time again, come in, let me take your coat!" Under the coat she was wearing a dress, which seemed very odd. Why? It was quite likely to get baby-drool on it, or worse. "Oh, that's a nice dress," he said. His hand lightly brushed against the fabric around her waist and her hip as he guided her into the house. Underneath it looked like she was wearing tights, and she had flat shoes on. He tried to imagine her in sheer stockings and heels.

His fantasy was disrupted by Karen bustling down the stairs, carrying Emma and welcoming Ramona. "Thank you so much for helping us out again! Here she is. Now Emma, you be a good girl with auntie Ramona tonight won't you! Mummy and Daddy will be back soon. She's had her dinner, but you know where everything is if you need anything. We'll have to turn our phones off, of course, but I'll call you during the interval to check everything is OK."

They set off for the evening out, confident that their daughter was in safe hands. The play was very good - a traditional-style production that really brought out all the humour. James enjoyed it, but his mind kept drifting back to Ramona. Why was she wearing a dress and quite a lot of make-up, when all she was doing tonight was babysitting? He could only think of one reason: to make herself look attractive to him.
 
James greeted her and immediately drew her in by the waist. The move took her by surprise as he guided her through the door in a gentle sweep sending goosebumps up her back and neck. Then he clicked the door shut and shuttled behind her to take her coat. She had wondered if he would and she blissfully softened as he slipped it from her shoulders and down her arms leaving her enthralled to be back at the center of his attention.

"Oh, that's a nice dress."

"Thank you," Ramona said quietly, then dipped her head to hide her blushing shy smile.

Soon Karen came down the stairs with her daughter in her arms. She was looking classy wrapped in black and made up glamorously with her thick waves of hair pinned up. Her sparkling jewelry alone intimidated her. She was put together and her look made Ramona feel like a librarian. Surely this would put to bed any notions that James may have affections for her. Why would he when he had a woman like Karen already at his side? James was looking terribly handsome in his grey suit as well. They made a perfect couple. All the thoughts of James being attracted to his babysitter could only have been her daft imagination. She cursed herself for even thinking of blemishing their marriage just to inflate her pitiful ego.

Now Emma, you be a good girl with auntie Ramona tonight won't you!"

Suddenly she had become Auntie Ramona and the thought made her snicker. It was silly but it did make Ramona feel trusted.

"What show are you seeing?" she asked to either of them as Karen handed little Emma over to her.
 
"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players," declared Karen theatrically. "Then I think there's a bit about mewling infants... So I hope she's not too much trouble!" she added, as she passed the baby over into Ramona's arms. "Do you know it? As you like it. Girls dressing up as boys, enchanted forests, fools who are wiser than their lords, that sort of thing. It's one of the Bard's most popular comedies. You could go and see it Ramona. I'm sure some nice young man would take you! It's running for two weeks I think."

Then she felt bad about teasing the girl, so quickly changed the subject. "That's a pretty dress. I do hope Emma doesn't get anything on it! She's been a good girl today, haven't you sweetie! Now I must dash, James is waiting in the car. I'll call you in the interval."

"Ramona was looking very pretty tonight, didn't you think?" she said to her husband as they got to the theater. But he just gave a vague grunt and a shrug. He probably hadn't even noticed that the girl had put on a dress and some make-up. Still, maybe that was just as well, she thought. Better that he paid her too little attention than too much.

The play was wonderful - romantic, funny, captivating and thought-provoking, Karen thought. During the interval she called home, and Ramona said that Emma had been no trouble and was now fast asleep. So she could relax and enjoy the second half of the play.

"I'm sorry, we're a bit later than we said," Karen said to Ramona, who looked a bit sleepy, as they got back.
"James would you give her a ride home, while I check on Emma?"

"Yes of course, my pleasure!" said James as he smiled and ushered Ramona out to the car. Karen thought she noticed a slightly strange, flushed look in the girl's face. Perhaps she felt guilty about taking up James's time and getting a private limo service back to her home.
 
"Do you know it? As You Like it."

"Actually no," answered the sitter. "We studied Julius Caesar and Hamlet instead."

"You could go and see it Ramona. I'm sure some nice young man would take you!"

Ramona could not have blushed harder. Nice young men weren't interested in boring Ramona. She had never been asked out in her life. She imagined herself a shade of red not unlike the spots on Lady MacBeth's hands.

It wasn't long before the Gardners were off, leaving Ramona and Emma alone together. Baby Emma toddled her way into the the middle of the living room floor where she plonked herself down to quietly flip through a magazine. When Ramona sat down next to her, she looked up over her shoulder to take her in before fixing her gaze back down at the page. There was a closeup of a model's face revealed between thick waves of her honey blonde hair. Her skin was perfectly smooth and golden, her eyes were light brown with wide glossy dark pupils and her lips were a deep lavender to match the fade of her eye shadow and the jeweled pendant hanging from the thin gold string at her collar. The small text in the lower right corner advertised a shampoo brand. Emma didn't care about that, but the face seemed to captivate her.

"Who's that?" Ramona asked her. Emma looked back up over her shoulder at her again. "Is she pretty?" Emma gazed back down at the page, enthralled. After a minute her attention span waned and she placed her short chubby fingers on the page and slid it across to flip to the next. There were two teen girls superimposed onto white. One was a redhead with a pixie haircut and cheeks dotted with freckles. The other was Asian with perfectly smooth skin and long straight black shiny hair with bangs. They were dressed in fall colors, a jean jacket and a maroon sweater with ochre scarf, a stripey skirt and the longer hem of a flower print with buckle strap boots in a tan suede, pumpkin orange high top sneakers with knee high socks and bags slung over shoulders. Their faces were bright with laughter as they smiled across at the anonymous columns of text on the opposite page.

"Udzoo," said Emma as she pointed at them.

"You like them?" Ramona asked.

"Zubm-maa," she explained as her pudgy index finger trained itself upon the Asian girl.

"Is she your favorite? You like the Chinese girl?" Emma looked back up at Ramona trying to decipher the question. She looked back down at the page. "What do you like about her? Do you like her hair?"

"Eb-mm dee."

The conversation continued as the pages turned, neither of them certain that they understood each other at all yet they seemed to be communicating something. After a while Ramona stood up to stretch her legs and switched the TV to the satellite radio again. Emma turned her attention to her stuffed animals, which she would one by one pick up and walk over to the play pen to drop in. Once she ran out of animals, she gave Ramona a pleading look to retrieve them from the pen floor, well out of her own reach. Then the process started again. By about ten past eight the child had played herself out and was easy to put to bed.

All that there was left to do was wait. It should have been easy but with no distractions, Ramona was left alone with her nerves as she contemplated what kind of attention Mr Gardner might give her. Would she get another kiss goodnight? Perhaps there would even be a hug. Would he compliment her looks? Maybe nothing would happen at all. Things had already gone as far as they would go. Maybe even Karen would give her the ride and that would be that.

"I'm sorry, we're a bit later than we said."

Ramona snapped alert with the click of the front door.

"Oh, it's all right," she assured through her heightened nerves. The next thing that she knew, she was being escorted out to the car. James was whisking her out so quickly that there wasn't enough of a moment to put her coat on. She left it hanging over her arm as she shouldered her bag. "Good night Mrs Gardner," she called back through the doorway. "Thanks again."

The cool night air permeated her clothes and made her aware of how warm she had become as it met the dampest areas of her skin. When they sat into the car and the doors closed it was as if they had been suddenly sealed off from the rest of the world. She kept her eyes forward out the windshield, afraid to look at him.
 
Ramona looked even prettier outside in the dim light from the street-lamps. James was still wondering why she had made an effort with the nice dress and make-up. He was pleased that she didn't put her ugly coat on as they went out. He chucked it onto the back seat as he steered her into the passenger seat, allowing his fingers to touch the soft material of her dress around her waist.

She was very quiet and seemed nervous, so he chatted about the play, the characters, the acting, and the jokes - especially the dirty ones and Shakespeare's sexual innuendo. He didn't mention that one of the minor characters, Audrey, had been played by a really hot girl in a very revealing dress, and that this had got him quite aroused. He glanced across at Ramona's legs, trying to imagine what they would look like naked and parted.

He knew the way to her house now, so he didn't bother to set the Sat-Nav. After the BMW gently purred into Maplewood Drive he slowed down and stopped in the dark, a few houses short. Without hesitating, he reached across and stroked her hair and then leaned in, kissing the side of her neck, just below her ear, seeking that sensitive spot just behind the jaw, holding her head gently but firmly. His other hand rested on her knee, slipping under the hem of her dress, and worked slowly up her leg, feeling the soft flesh of her thigh through her tights, while his lips moved onto hers, opening his mouth slightly and trying to get hers open too.
 
The street lamps passed overhead at regular intervals. Alone with him in the car, away from his wife, Mr Gardner was James. She peered at him from time to time, the ebb and flow of the lights catching his hair, his nose, his chin, his cheek, his brow. He kept his eyes forward on the road as he told her about the play.

When James began to quote about a dark house and whips and love her mind raced to figure out the meaning - not of what Shakespeare meant but what James was saying to her. Was it a code that she should know? The mention of the whips in particular scared Ramona but her nipples began to stiffen with excitement in her bra nonetheless. The energy between them was heightening. Something was happening and she couldn't wait to find out what it was. James turned onto her street. Any answer would have to come soon and she couldn't bear the thought of not getting it. Then he quoted something about being sundered and parting and referred to her as 'sweet girl' and the car slowed and pulled over to the curb. They were still a block away.

His hand reached over and brushed a lock of her hair, sending her into a bliss of goosebumps causing her eyelids to flutter shut. Then he leaned in close and her lungs exhaled slowly with a shudder of joy as the kiss came, his lips caressing her neck so heavenly. The intimacy was incredible and Ramona thought that she might cry as his mouth moved to hers, but then the moment snapped. His palm slid up her thigh and just under her the hem of her dress. She tightened with a gasp of alarm and clasped her knees together. Ramona drew back, eyes wide.

"I ... I'm not ready for this," she told him and immediately felt stupid. She didn't know what to do in the situation. She didn't have the experience. No one had wanted her before. She was nervous. They were so close to home. Someone on her block could pass by and see. He had been moving so quickly. It was all too much at once. "I'm sorry," she sniffed and tears began to stream down her cheeks.
 
As he kissed her, he sensed her body saying yes to him. Her eyes closed and she sighed softly, and he moved his lips to touch hers as she responded. His cock started to swell with excitement and anticipation. Driven by his lust for her he started to lose control, pushing his hand up between her legs, under her dress, feeling her firm young thighs through her tights.

But suddenly he realised he had gone too far, too fast. She pulled away from him and said she wasn't ready, she was sorry. Shit, he thought, he'd blown it, as she started to cry.

"Oh, no, it's me who should apologise Ramona, jumping on you like that, I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have done that. It's just that... You're so beautiful, so attractive, so desirable, I just... Lost control."
He stroked her hair and kissed her cheek, but now in a consoling, non-sexual way.
"Please don't cry. I won't do that again if you don't want me to. But I felt... Maybe I misread the signs. Please don't tell anyone - I could be in big trouble if your parents or Karen find out."
He held her hand and looked into her eyes. Still beautiful despite the tears. He gave her a tissue, and pulled back from her a little way.
"Are you all right now? Dry your eyes. I'd better let you go."
 
Now James was the one apologizing as he consoled her with his soft touch. Softness was good. It was comforting. It was something that she could handle. Even his lips upon her cheek were soothing, although she was still rather nervous over the possibility of witnesses.

"You're so beautiful, so attractive, so desirable ..."

His gushing compliments dashed her like heavy surf upon a beach and churned up a flood of new emotions and in turn a swell of fresh tears. James continued to reassure her while she sobbed. When he pleaded with her to keep the secret it felt so final, as if they had tried and failed and it was over. Ramona felt him leave her space a moment before his hand offered her a tissue. She took it and wiped her face in futility.

"I'd better let you go."

Ramona's heart crushed. Even though she hadn't meant to, she had rejected him and now he was casting her out. She'd blown it. She'd probably even lost the babysitting job, as if that really mattered.

"Okay," she sniffled, terribly embarrassed. Then she gripped her bag, slowly pulled the door handle and stepped out, but once her feet touched the sidewalk panic took over. She shut the door and ran home keeping her head down in shame, and forgetting her olive green jacket in the back seat.

At the side door of the house, she tried to calm herself before entering quietly hoping that no one would notice. No one did. Ramona went straight to her room, tossed herself onto the bed and soaked her pillow with unstoppable tears.
 
Eventually she stopped crying, but she was clearly still in a state as she ran back to her house, leaving that nasty coat behind. Fortunately there was nobody else around on the quiet suburban street. James realised he had really messed up by groping her up her skirt so crudely. She would probably never want to babysit for them again now. How was he going to explain that to his wife? Or worse, she could even complain to Karen or her parents. Hopefully, the embarrassment would prevent her from doing that.

He drove home slowly and poured himself a glass of scotch to calm his nerves. Later, after checking up on Emma, still feeling guilty, he crept into bed beside Karen, who was already fast asleep.

Next morning he felt more confident. Karen didn't ask any awkward questions about why he had been so long last night, and he calmly explained about Ramona leaving her coat behind. Unfortunately, Karen started talking about another night out, at a bar with some of her friends. He managed to persuade her to leave it for a few days, and to wait a day or two until the date was settled before asking Ramona to babysit for them.

He couldn't stop thinking about the girl, the feel of her soft skin on his hand, and her ambiguous response to his crude pass. On a crazy whim, he ordered some nice black stockings and matching bra and panties online, and typed in her address for delivery.
 
It had taken her forever to get to sleep. She honestly had no idea what time it was when she eventually drifted off, but Ramona awoke sometime around noon feeling terribly empty. It was Sunday and there was nothing to do to distract her from her sorrow and self-doubt. Being very careful to hide her brooding from her family, she went online to look up Shakespeare quotes from 'As You Like it'. It didn't take long. A couple of minutes of scrolling found the ones that James had recited to her.

Love is merely a madness; and, I tell you, deserves as well a dark house and a whip as madmen do; and the reason why they are not so punish'd and cured is that the lunacy is so
ordinary that the whippers are in love too.


It was a mystery to her, although it did perhaps speak of love being a maddening thing that made no sense and even though she wholeheartedly agreed with that, she still longed to experience it. She had come so close to her first glimpse. What was more perplexing was the part about the whips. The sexual connotation in that could not be ignored, and of course she immediately connected that to the fact that James had touched her thigh as well. Ramona found it hard to believe that he may have actually wanted to make love to her. He probably only wanted to make out, or maybe he only wanted to tease her into thinking that she was attractive.

Rosalind lacks then the love
Which teacheth thee that thou and I am one.
Shall we be sundered? Shall we part, sweet girl?


Who was Rosalind? Did James intend her a metaphor for his own wife? She felt ashamed that she might be betraying Karen. Ramona liked her and Karen seemed to like Ramona as well. They had started a friendship.

In the end, she resigned it to nothing more than a fantasy. Sprawling back onto her bed, she tried to remember the sensations, his fingers touching her hair, his lips upon her skin, the sensations that they had caused. Then she recalled his hand upon her thigh and her nipples swelled taut and pointed towards the ceiling. Her imagination took it from there. Ramona's own fingers slipped under her nightie and into her underpants. She caressed herself wondering how different James' touch would feel from her own.

What had she thrown away by bolting from his embrace? Ramona wanted a second chance, just a bit slower and more discreet. She looked at her phone. There were no messages. It sat on the night stand in desolate silence.

Monday came and she went to school, then dragged her feet home. She read for a bit, then spent the night clutching her lonely pillow. Tuesday was the same but with a little math homework. There was still no call from anyone let alone James or Karen.

Wednesday was unbearably the same once more until she arrived home and saw the package on the stand next to the door. It was a cardboard box the size of a large book and it had her name on it. It was wrapped plain except for the small sticker from 'Pretty Things Wholesale'. When she picked it up she found that it was quite light. Ramona looked around and saw no one. Mom must have received it when the postman came by that morning. She shook it. It had to be clothes. Quietly she tucked it under her arm, went upstairs to her room and shut the door.

"Oh my God," she whispered as she lifted the little black brassiere up before her. Ramona was stunned. She felt the fabric, soft light and smelling brand new. It's small size made her nervous, but it was opaque and with a lace trim across the tops of the cups. Down in the box was neatly folded black sheer. They were stockings with lace band tops. Then she picked up the panties, again solid black satin with a lace trim waist. All of it matched and she fought off a blush as she presumed that it would barely keep her covered.

Who had sent it? She could see the soft tremble in her own hands as she weighed the possibility. She knew of no other person that might think of her that way than James. It was just as likely an error. How many Ramona Scolaris could there be in America? She picked up the bra by the straps and held it up against her chest, unsure if it would fit. She wasn't about to try it on.

Then her phone buzzed. She dropped everything to pick it up. It was a text from Mrs Gardner. Ramona froze. Perhaps Karen had found out that she'd been fooling around with her husband. Maybe someone had seen them in the car. Maybe James felt guilty and admitted it. With a lump in her throat she opened the message and read.

Karen was asking Ramona to sit for her again!

She hid the lingerie in the very bottom of her drawer of intimates where her mother would never see, and shoved the box under the bed. She would get rid of that later. Her heart pounded in her ears as she picked up the phone and gathered the strength to return the message.

Ok, yes i can babysit
 
For several days, James felt wracked with guilt over groping the innocent young babysitter and reducing her to tears. With an older, more experienced woman, things would have been OK, one way or the other. She might have returned the favour, grabbing his crotch, unzipping his pants, leaning over and putting her head in his lap and sucking him off in the car in the dark on the quiet suburban street. Or, more likely, she'd have pushed him firmly away, or even slapped him in the face, and told him where to go, in words of one syllable and probably four letters. But Ramona had seemed really upset, and maybe she still was.

"I got a message from Ramona," said Karen, looking at her phone. James swallowed hard. He might have some serious explaining to do. "She can do Friday."

"Oh... good. Is that all she says?" James sighed with relief.

"Err, yeah, what else would she say?"

Well, she could have said that your filthy letch of a husband kissed me and rammed his hand up my dress, thought James. "Oh, nothing, just wondering," he replied, trying to sound calm and casual.

He was relieved that she hadn't said anything, and was still prepared to sit for them, so presumably she wasn't too upset or furious. Nevertheless, later that evening he sat down to write her an apologetic email. But he couldn't resist adding a little flirtation.

Dear Ramona,

I'm very sorry that I behaved so badly with you the other night. I hope that you were not too upset, and are OK now. I'm glad that you still feel able to babysit for us on Friday, despite what happened.

I hope you received the little package that I sent to you. And that it fits. And that you like it. Maybe I'll see you wearing it sometime :)

James xx


His cock started to swell as he thought of the pretty young girl in her bedroom, wearing the lacy black bra, panties and stockings. He wondered if she would wear them for him. Of course he would only be able to see the stockings. In reality, she would probably show him what she thought by turning up next time in an old sweater and tatty jeans.
 
Back
Top