Vote YAY to annex 1K acres of GB land for attention starved Zoo aminals

I voted, (YAY) of course. I liked the proposal, I was not aware of this, good thing that you created this thread to make the poetry side aware.
From what I see it's not going bad, but I think it's funny how people who say they are not interested in politics they suddenly decide to become political just for the purpose of voting "no".
Poor sick bastards!

You are a Gentleman and a Scholar.

I will kiss your babies now.

There are still 24 days left to participate in the poll.

By acting NOW and voting YAY, you can be assured that all Wingnuts and Moonbats will be safe and secure in a wildlife habitat away from any real political discussions.

Wikipedia said:
A Wingnut with a so-called canister of whup-ass preparing for one of his daily carpetbombing runs.

p7595098.jpg

Wikipedia said:
A Moonbat or Wingnut is essentially an idiotic attention whore who fancies himself as an instrument of political change.

They are parasites that exploit ( and even fabricate ) differences between Republicans and Democrats in order to siphon attention to themselves during heated altercations.

In forums dedicated to Politics, they rarely debate issues. Instead, they mostly bait other posters with snippets of news or blog articles, which is often referred to as "chumming".

Whenever the opposition or even an Independent replies to one of these topics, the Moonbat or Wingnut begins flaming away. A flamefest ensues that they keep adding fuel to, while in between posts flying off to a dark carve to hang upside down, shit themselves and masturbate over how much chaos was caused.

The reality is that either comes across as such a douchebag that even Democrats and Republicans want nothing to do with the individual. The arrival of a flock of Moonbats or Wingnuts usually ends up driving away any members of the very party they are supposedly championing.

Last edited:
i'm not a hugely political animal, but i see no point in voting either way unless you're interested in taking an active part as reader or poster on the GB or on the new sub-forum should it be created. to vote on an issue whose outcome has no effect on, or interest to, you seems stupid. and to canvas for such votes? childish.

for anyone considering voting: great. read laurel's proposal FIRST and make an informed decision.

whatever the outcome, i'll still be a GB regular as well as here.

There are still 24 days left to participate in the poll.

By acting NOW and voting YAY, you can be assured that all Wingnuts and Moonbats will be safe and secure in a wildlife habitat away from any real political discussions.

absolutely not the case, magnetron. all political posts will be on the sub-forum, creating so much work for laurel and increased moderation for a relatively free-from-modship GB. so many threads will require being moved it's a logistical headache. since all political threads will be on the sub-forum, any wingnut or moonbat can blast away in those just as easily as if they were still on the GB main forum. your canvassing is deliberately misleading. are you a politician?

i'm not a hugely political animal, but i see no point in voting either way unless you're interested in taking an active part as reader or poster on the GB or on the new sub-forum should it be created. to vote on an issue whose outcome has no effect on, or interest to, you seems stupid. and to canvas for such votes? childish.

for anyone considering voting: great. read laurel's proposal FIRST and make an informed decision.

whatever the outcome, i'll still be a GB regular as well as here.

I'm always in the mood to post Poetry about Politics wherever Politics are discussed.

absolutely not the case, magnetron. all political posts will be on the sub-forum, creating so much work for laurel and increased moderation for a relatively free-from-modship GB. so many threads will require being moved it's a logistical headache. since all political threads will be on the sub-forum, any wingnut or moonbat can blast away in those just as easily as if they were still on the GB main forum. your canvassing is deliberately misleading. are you a politician?

They will be kept away from real political discussions occurring elsewhere on the Internets because they will be detained in the new sub-forum in Lit.

That's what I meant.

And if Laurel didn't want the additional headache of moderating involved, she could have not left it up to a vote.

I'm always in the mood to post Poetry about Politics wherever Politics are discussed.

They will be kept away from real political discussions occurring elsewhere on the Internets because they will be detained in the new sub-forum in Lit.

That's what I meant.

And if Laurel didn't want the additional headache of moderating involved, she could have not left it up to a vote.

the bats n nutz we speak of probably don't hang out anywhere much except lit.

anyways, i have a showdown to see about. *cue the little guy with the tapemeasure*

the bats n nutz we speak of probably don't hang out anywhere much except lit.

anyways, i have a showdown to see about. *cue the little guy with the tapemeasure*

Don't worry, Chip.

We'll save all those critters from shitting themselves, even if it takes getting out the vote door to door.

I appreciate the intellectual integrity of your thread. There are some that are voting YAY to piss off other posters but posturing that segmenting political threads is because it will encourage more of them.

At least you admit you are not advocating it to encourage speech.

To be clear- the few people starting threads with deliberately offensive speech and themes will continue to do so even while completely abiding by the new rules.

The "more work for Laurel" argument is not one I am advancing. She has said she can handle it and I suspect most thread titles will simply omit the name of any specific politician and make "general social commentary" threads.

I. too, have been engaged in some electioneering. Not as blatant as this. My gut says that the GEEBEErs that prefer their snark and insults to be less political do not enjoy wide popularity and universal acclaim across Lit. There is a reason that many people avoid the GB and politics isn't always, specifically, the reason.

Good luck on your endeavor of "US" against "THEM." I'll continue mine as well.

i already waste too much of my life here
it's a horrible life

i should make a movie

you can play the angel

I will hop off your shoulder, push you off the bridge myself and then claim the Zimmerman defense of standing my ground.

And now, for the entertainment at this convention, the poetry recitals.

You Sank My Partisan Ship

Moonbat, Moonbat
Where are you at?
Hanging upside down in your cave
Shitting yourself
While the Arctic shelf
Continues to melt and break apart
From the methane brain fart
That is your blathering self

mangetron kicked off for hotlinking

comes back a shattered shell

"finally remembers" this place still exists.

woe is they.

Like Richard Nixon, I keep an enemies list.

PF&D Or Bust

Fly away with me from the GeeBee
My little pinging Moonbat
I will show you where real poetry is at
And you can delight us with your singing
Fill our ears with dull ringing
Sonar, so good
Just watch out for that cell tower
Splat

Ooooops

There was once a Wingnut from the GeeBee
Who thought he could write witty sonnetry
Admittedly like being roughed up
He huffed and he puffed
Mouth breathing makes for good erotic poetry

This is the most entertaining thread i've read in 6 mnths
Thanks Mag
You never let me down
Poetry recital~ha!

Poly-Ticks

Call in Senna Jawa
The Exterminator
We need term-ite limits
Some form of pest control
Stinky cockroach dogs
With their partisan doggeral
Infesting the GeeBee
Ruining it for you and me
This poem certainly bug bombed

Seriously, vote for whatever outcome you believe is in the best interest of the forum.

There are Political Posters and there are Political Imposters or Posers.

A new Politics forum will help clearly define who is interested in serious discussion and debate and who is just an attention starved clown putting on a show for an audience to feed his own ego ..... because there won't be an audience. Nor will there be anyone to bait into arguing.

There currently is an excess of so-called political topics in the GeeB because it provides an audience and plenty of inexperienced posters who can't resist swallowing the bait.

Once the new Politics forum is online, the clowns will try to play a new game of derailing more than just GeeB threads into being split and relocated. It will be a contest to see who can bait the "other side" into jumping off sides. It will be a contest to see who can recruit more allies in the Politics forum.

The clowns will start behaving like actual politicians.

And much fun will ensue.

Meanwhile, unregistered readers of the Geeb will have less garbage to sift through. Remember, they don't have the advantage of the Ignore button. This might give them more incentive to register and participate.

Also, real Political forums attract fresh posters seriously interested in Politics and more Moonbats and Wingnuts looking for a cave to call Home.

Seriously, vote for whatever outcome you believe is in the best interest of the forum.

There are Political Posters and there are Political Imposters or Posers.

A new Politics forum will help clearly define who is interested in serious discussion and debate and who is just an attention starved clown putting on a show for an audience to feed his own ego ..... because there won't be an audience. Nor will there be anyone to bait into arguing.

There currently is an excess of so-called political topics in the GeeB because it provides an audience and plenty of inexperienced posters who can't resist swallowing the bait.

Once the new Politics forum is online, the clowns will try to play a new game of derailing more than just GeeB threads into being split and relocated. It will be a contest to see who can bait the "other side" into jumping off sides. It will be a contest to see who can recruit more allies in the Politics forum.

The clowns will start behaving like actual politicians.

And much fun will ensue.

Meanwhile, unregistered readers of the Geeb will have less garbage to sift through. Remember, they don't have the advantage of the Ignore button. This might give them more incentive to register and participate.

Also, real Political forums attract fresh posters seriously interested in Politics and more Moonbats and Wingnuts looking for a cave to call Home.

You taking your talking points from RacistDownSouth now? Really?

So let me digest this. The General Board exists to attract newbies to register so the will eventually find their way to the Poets Hangout?

Do you think that it is just possible that any hesitation these unregistered voters may have has more to do with how things are discussed on the GB, not what is being discussed?

With your strong interest in the GB, why do you go here to make your case and not there? The majority of people that actually post on the GB do not support your point of view. Come on back and show us some gifs. Maybe we will change our minds.

You taking your talking points from RacistDownSouth now? Really?

So let me digest this. The General Board exists to attract newbies to register so the will eventually find their way to the Poets Hangout?

Do you think that it is just possible that any hesitation these unregistered voters may have has more to do with how things are discussed on the GB, not what is being discussed?

With your strong interest in the GB, why do you go here to make your case and not there? The majority of people that actually post on the GB do not support your point of view. Come on back and show us some gifs. Maybe we will change our minds.

The floor recognizes Representative Query from the great State of Confusion.

Quit arguing with yourself.

Come on back
emoticons

they were very
persuasive.

Two

middle fingers up
one
especially so​

Back