Looking for female writing partner to join me in writing twisted Victorian tale

Tiemeup14

Virgin
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Posts
14
Sir,

I trust that this missive finds you and your kin hearty and in the best of health.

I regret to bring to your attention the passing of my dear husband, John Merringham, Esq, with whom I believe you were somewhat acquainted in your younger years. I grieve his passing and feel his loss most keenly, but am assured that his pains are at an end and that he has been taken to the bosom of the Great Comforter, who takes away the pain of the world. May his spirit rest in the holy light of the angels.

As you may know, his passing yesterday follows that of my dear child, Elizabeth, one year ago today, and my son Thomas these six months past, leaving me childless and alone. It pains me greatly to lay so great a burden upon, and to take such liberties of, a good-hearted Christian gentleman such as yourself. I hereby throw myself on your great generosity and humbly request your assistance in handling the formalities of arrangements, and render what assistance you can to a poor widow in desperate need of Christian mercy.

Yours with the deepest respect,

Meredith Merringham

This is how the story begins. My idea is for most of the story to be told in the form of letters between Meredith and the possibly unscrupulous undertaker. Or is it Meredith who will gain the upper hand? If the possibilities for this excite you send me a PM. Please only people who are able to commit. I'm 57, male, an editor/writer by profession, a slut for a good story and generally fun company.
 
Interesting premise, especially the telling of the story in an epistolary fashion. I'll give you a bump for originality, which is sadly lacking in many of the personals being posted.
 
Back
Top