The Official Authors' Hangout Halloween Contest Thread 2017

I never seem to be able to finish these in time. I always start out intending to make a quick wank story, then 18,000 and two months later I missed the deadline. :rolleyes:

Start working on next year's entry's now?
 
I never seem to be able to finish these in time. I always start out intending to make a quick wank story, then 18,000 and two months later I missed the deadline. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll start on this tomorrow.

Yeah, that's pretty much my experience as well.
 
A story that I started six years ago seems to be working as a contest entry but there's a long way to go before it is finished.

A shipwreck? Check.
A resourceful Ship's Officer? Check.
Four female convicts? Check.
Get them all naked? Check...
 
A story that I started six years ago seems to be working as a contest entry but there's a long way to go before it is finished.

A shipwreck? Check.
A resourceful Ship's Officer? Check.
Four female convicts? Check.
Get them all naked? Check...

Heh! Oops. I was going a whole different direction. So far, I've got lots of creep factor, no sexy in sight. Let's just say if a potential reader has one of the more common phobias, some tertiary character has died from it after messing with the first person protag. :devil:
 
Wife: Now that you're done with Summer story, I'd appreciate it if you waited a while to start another one.

Me: Let's see. Halloween is-

Wife: Oh, no you don't!
@ PuckIt,

It is great that you have an understanding wife, does she read your work? Does she critique it?
 
@ PuckIt,

It is great that you have an understanding wife, does she read your work? Does she critique it?

Nope. We came to an understanding thirty or so years ago that it was best we didn't look too carefully at each other's work. Granted, it was me that chickened out, but she'd just crafted a murder scene for a murder mystery where the perp bludgeoned everyone in the house to death right down to the infant in the crib. And described it in minute detail. (I didn't sleep soundly for a week. :eek:)

Although, in fairness, her "I can read old shit" Lit degree with Femi-Nazi minor tends to show at the roots. :eek:

Most of her issue was that Blizz released a patch for Legion while I was busy trying to wrangle "Heatstroked" into some semblance of order. After I finished, I slept for a couple of days and then we blazed through "Timeless Isle v4.3" in an afternoon. Now I'm back to entertaining myself by trying to work as many phobias into one lit screen as I can for a Halloweenie I can slap up against people's screens.

And wow, that got awkward right there at the end...
 
Halloween on a space station. Halloween party. Aliens with strange sexual practices (well, strange to us). One Halloween gothic horror story coming up although I have to work on the alien sex. It's ..... alien lol

Maybe the aliens don't know it is a special party they wandered in to. Maybe they think it is real. Not to mention the people at the party have no idea the aliens are real. :D

Alien sex? To tentacle or not to tentacle, that is the question.
 
So here's a new one for me.

I came up with a half-baked idea for Halloween, then started idly writing a scene meant to serve as a flashback (of sorts) in the Halloween story. The reminiscence was going to be a big part of the protagonist's development.

Now the damn flashback is in the process of growing into its own story, eviscerating the Halloween story's concept. I can't win: either I'll have an unsightly mini-story in the midst of the Halloween tale, or I'll need to rework the entire Halloween story idea. I don't usually rework anything at all; I'm not used to it.

Dammit.
 
A question.

Wouldn't technically any story in erotic horror apply? I have a few ideas but it would feel like such a waste if my story wouldn't qualify for the competition after all the hard work.
 
A question.

Wouldn't technically any story in erotic horror apply? I have a few ideas but it would feel like such a waste if my story wouldn't qualify for the competition after all the hard work.

The themes (from the Welcome Authors! Please Read sticky) are:

scary stuff, costumes, Halloween traditions (trick-or-treating, etc.), etc.

I have written ghost and costume stories for the Halloween contest but anon has left comments that they are not on theme because there was no trick or treating.

I don't agree with that anon, but you should be aware that being more general than specifically about Halloween might attract adverse comments and lower votes. But you could get those anyway.
 
Yeah, I think just about any erotic horror would apply. And, over the years, I've seen practically no reader expectation of sticking to theme--certainly no indicating a downgrading for this.
 
I've actually tried to start cutting down on explicit references to Halloween itself for this one on account of after five years my portfolio is now littered with stories set on or around that one day and it starts to seem weird. If possible, I treat the theme as an atmosphere rather than an explicit reference. If possible.
 
Never really celebrated Halloween either. If "scary stuff" is code for slutty witch costumes I'm probably going to pass. I checked the theme guidelines on Laurel's post but "scary situations" was equally vague. A pity really. I was hoping this would be a scare fest.
 
Nope. We came to an understanding thirty or so years ago that it was best we didn't look too carefully at each other's work. Granted, it was me that chickened out, but she'd just crafted a murder scene for a murder mystery where the perp bludgeoned everyone in the house to death right down to the infant in the crib. And described it in minute detail. (I didn't sleep soundly for a week. :eek:)

Although, in fairness, her "I can read old shit" Lit degree with Femi-Nazi minor tends to show at the roots. :eek:

Most of her issue was that Blizz released a patch for Legion while I was busy trying to wrangle "Heatstroked" into some semblance of order. After I finished, I slept for a couple of days and then we blazed through "Timeless Isle v4.3" in an afternoon. Now I'm back to entertaining myself by trying to work as many phobias into one lit screen as I can for a Halloweenie I can slap up against people's screens.

And wow, that got awkward right there at the end...
BTW....Thanks for the reply, and congratulations with your win in the Literotica Annual Summer Lovin' contest, your story amazed me, nice work!
 
On the after thought...

I'll be entering after all. I told the loose idea to my friend who also happens to be my biggest fan and now she's begging me to write it. Her birthday's around Halloween.. How can you say no to that?
 
One story is taking shape nicely. I've done a first edit on the story so far but there's too much telling, not enough doing. The one mentioned in a post above still has a long way to go. I have started on a third one that has possibilities.

None of them involve trick or treating.

About 10 days before the start of the contest. I've got to get back to writing and editing.
 
Got an idea on Friday, spent most of the weekend banging it out when I should really have been working on other stuff...it's now just past 11 PM on Sunday, and it's done! Whew.

I might try to finish another one I started last year, we'll see if the muse sticks with me.
 
I just can't let it alone! I've got about five in various stages of writing (none finished), but I'm having a really good time reintroducing the Aos Si, only in modern times. Not sure if I'll have anything worth submitting in time with the kiddoes coming for a visit later this week, but having a lot of fun.
 
I've got two on the go. "Welcome to Nockatunga Station." Alien tentacle gothic horror Halloween party sex. On a space station. Think "Alien" on Viagra. Loving every tentacle. The other one is "Bewitched in the Big Mango." Bangkok. Sukhumvit. Halloween party. Thai girl. Farang boyfriend. Costumes. No tentacles. Not yet anyhow but it is Bangkok - there may yet be tentacles....
 
Yup, nothing. I had something, then I lost interest, and now I'm in limbo.

The Halloween contest was hard for me last year, too, but then I tell myself that's why I enter these: to force myself to write outside my comfort zone.
 
Had ideas for Summer, but no time to write them. Filed away in notes files for next year.

I've got nothing for Halloween. Keep coming up with a complete and utter blank.

Think I'm going to concentrate on the Winter Holiday idea I have and try to actually get it done rather than beating my head against the Halloween wall.
 
Back
Top