What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama's buddy Buffet finally sees the flat writings on the wall

Warren Buffett has changed his view on the U.S. economy.

In a live CNBC interview from Sun Valley with Becky Quick of "Squawk Box," Buffett says the general economy's growth has slowed so that it is now essentially "flat."

...Buffett also says things are beginning to "slip pretty fast" in Europe, especially over the past six weeks. He's confident "they'll get it worked out" by ten years from now, but right now there's no obvious answer. A big part of the problem: it's not clear who is in charge, if anyone, and Europe doesn't have its own "printing press."

Buffett says he "doesn't know" if the euro will still be a currency ten years from now. He thinks the euro zone can't exist as "originally designed."

Despite the slowdown, Buffett says the U.S. economy is still doing better than "virtually any other big economy" around the world.

He says that "to some extent," he is in a wait and see pattern on where the economy will going.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48159304

So Obama's #1 economic guru has announced the American economy has been slowing and now it's fallen flat, and that he's in a wait and see pattern to the direction it might go next...

...recession is the fall to flat, depression is regressing from flat.

Welcome to the United Socialist State of economic stagnation, folks...
 
The Chronicles of Eyer...

So Obama's #1 economic guru has announced the American economy has been slowing and now it's fallen flat, and that he's in a wait and see pattern to the direction it might go next...

...recession is the fall to flat, depression is regressing from flat.

Welcome to the United Socialist State of economic stagnation, folks...

524111_404963982872620_1816103697_n.jpg
 
So Obama's #1 economic guru has announced the American economy has been slowing and now it's fallen flat, and that he's in a wait and see pattern to the direction it might go next...

...recession is the fall to flat, depression is regressing from flat.

Welcome to the United Socialist State of economic stagnation, folks...


So what's the Republican plan to make Europe's economy improve?
 
So what's the Republican plan to make Europe's economy improve?

It's a two-step plan:
  • Call any improvement in the economy a triumph for capitalism, free markets and/or libertarianism
  • Blame any economic downturn on socialism, Keynesian economics and/or President Obama
 
An excellent LATimes piece reporting the bolts and nuts of the dire economic states of some CA cities...

...which very appropriately ends with this ominous warning from a taxpayer who foots all government bills and whose absence no city can function without:

"People are losing their homes because they have no jobs. It's been really tough, so it doesn't surprise us," said Rose Garcia, 46.

But Garcia, a stay-at-home mother, said she and her husband, a dispatcher for Vulcan Materials, are anxious about potential cuts to public safety.

"It's an uncertain feeling we have right now," she said. "We're actually talking about moving."

Rising costs push California cities to fiscal brink
Throughout the state, local governments are slashing services to avoid bankruptcy. For some, it's too late.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-san-bernardino-bankruptcy-20120712,0,2433019.story
 
First Obama's buddy Buffett...

...now his money man Bernanke (via just-released minutes from last month's Fed powwow:

Fed officials warn of looming problems for economy

...Stock prices sank after the Fed expressed concern about the economy. The Dow Jones industrial average had been down nearly 40 points before the minutes were released at 2 p.m. ET. Around 2:30 p.m., the Dow was down 112 points, on track for its fifth straight day of losses.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/fed/story/2012-07-11/Fed-minutes/56150608/1

The Statist-in-Chief better get his posse on his same delusional economic page soon...

...or November 6 will be nothing but about an economy that exists now on almost nothing but artificial life-support.


END
THE
FED
 
Just curious Eyer since I've over the last few days earned the ability to think you are a human being, what exactly do you think ending the Fed would accomplish?
 
Given our limited examples and common sense hell the fuck yeah. Spend every fucking dime and spread it as far and wide as possible.

I'm all for it man, I hope to god Obama gets round II in and ransacks the fucking shit out of every billion/millionaire and every company in the country for every penny they have.
 
Given our limited examples and common sense hell the fuck yeah. Spend every fucking dime and spread it as far and wide as possible.


And we all know that Government must operate on a negative cash flow as that is the key to success. Since you lack common sense, that means if government takes in $100 in revenue then government must spend $1000
 
This weekend marks the end of paying your taxes for the year to finance the cost of federal, state, and local government...

...yep, from January 1 to this Sunday, July 15, every cent Americans have earned has went to funding the costs of American government - 6 1/2 months (197 days) of toil to only cover what government spends:

- 88 days to pay for federal government spending

- 40 days to pay for state and local government spending

- 69 days to pay for total regulatory costs

Government spending now comprises 54% of American annual GDP.

And remember: you're still almost $16 trillion in transparent national debt, and getting closer every day to the $200 trillion in actual debt that nary a politician even dares to acknowledge.

So maybe celebrate this Sunday knowing you have the next 5 1/2 months to finally start pursuing that happiness for you and yours that that old, out-of- date Declaration proclaimed...

...and be thankful the government allows you to keep 46% of what you earn today because it's only going to get less and less as the fiscal years go by.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/americans-will-work-more-6-months-pay-cost-govt-2012
 
Obama’s Plan To Raise Taxes Will Cut GDP Growth By 30% – 50%…CNN REPORTS



NIGGERPOONZANDI...NIGGERUD....NIGGERPOOP all scream RACISM

FAGFENDY follows with a blizzard of C n Pee's from American "Thinker" no juan reads

READ A BOOK, NOT BLOGS, FAGFENDY:cool:
 
Fapping to the Dow being down -78 points? Keep rootin' for the economy to tank! Party over country at all costs!

Not rooting for the economy to tank, that's just your serious charge when you are up against the wall of reality...

A report from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York suggests that the bulk of equity returns for more than a decade are due to actions by the US central bank.

...

“I would conclude that correctly analyzing Fed moves is much more important than stock picking,” said Brian Kelly of Shelter Harbor Capital. “If you want to generate alpha, you should trade the stock market 24 hours before an FOMC meeting. Simply follow the trend for that 24 hours and you will outperform.”
http://www.cnbc.com/id/48165921

Inflation.

Italy downgraded again.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-07-12-20-02-00
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top