TSCLT 5.0:The Hemi Dungeon Powered By Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no celery fan.


So when I'm making my tater salad last weekend, someone (IRL, not here) mentioned eggs, celery, and some other abomination to put in it.


I responded, yeah, not in my house. I'm pretty sure that I've never had a stalk of celery in this fridge.


For some reason, there's no mail delivery yet. I'm crushed.


daily_erotic_picdump_1.jpg
 
Nice visit out with the Friday Night Crew #2.


They're really more like first string since the original batch I saw on Tuesday for our taco outing.


A bit more rain blew through, but not enough to get excited about - unless you happened to be biking.


I was in the ragtop, so there were some issues, easily solved.


tumblr_nxt0olpgHB1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
 
It was supposed to hit 68º as our low. 74º seems to be the reality. Close to 90º today and over tomorrow. Have I mentioned the humidity?

Celery is such a good pimento and peanut butter delivery system.
:cool:
It can even give bland, lifeless tuna, some crispy goodness. See that's the mistake. It's not peas or celery, it's the damned tuna.
 
The casserole came out great. Needed a little salt, but I have a shaker and know how to use it. :)

A liberal coating of Panko on top gave it that much needed crunchiness.

The down side is that I've 3, maybe 4, days of leftovers.
 
The freezer is your friend. I have one of those vacuum-bag sealers.
It really helps things keep over long periods of time.
 
The freezer is your friend. I have one of those vacuum-bag sealers.
It really helps things keep over long periods of time.

Yeah, I should look into one of those. But I'd probably end up with even more migrating to the back of the freezer to be discovered by some one specialized in Freezer Archeology in the future.
 
I find that the cheapest Walmart option does everything that I need it to and it has lasted for at least five years now.
 
Happy Saturday!!!


And learning. This thread is good for learning . . . an' shit. The Walmart freezer-sealer gizmo, and I have barely started my first cup of coffee.


Heat is headed this way today - mid 90s. Meh. But this is the price way pay this time of year. Bet they'll miss another t-storm in the forecast for tonight.


I gotta start thinking about packing . . . .


1033.jpg
 
Oh, and about that losing it in the freezer...

;) ;)

If it's really good, then you'll remember it and if it migrates to the back, or to the bottom...

:D

You probably shouldn't have saved it in the first place.
 
Yeah, him and his g/f.


I guess I should get him a cell phone so he can send complaining texts like the last house idiot.


I guess that I get to go off and leave the A/c on. That looks to be what we have for the week - heat.


tumblr_nxt0oi0aDy1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
 
Yeah, just set it to 78º.
That's what I would do and then I would put a locking cover over it to prevent kittah! from turning it back down to 68º.

:D
 
Like in a public housing project of some kind.


The poor leetle critter.


I guess that I'll finish up getting the company car tidied up to go back into service on a serious basis. It really needs to be vacuumed out, and the truck has some crap in it which needs to go, too.


Nothing like a couple of outside chores when it's hot as all diddlefuck . . . .


tumblr_myngpl7UWo1rpf87fo1_1280.jpg
 
First light is beginning to turn the night gray. I need to get out and get working early so that I can come back inside when it warms up. I'm almost done with phase one of my project. I might be able to finish it up today, if not, tomorrow for sure. It is beginning to show some promise.
 
I need to run some errands a little later and then it's auto maintenance time for me as well. I had a turn signal bulb go out so I bought new bulbs all around. Gonna light up the night.
 
I have a first thing errand to run, so a late start is a guarantee.


The good news is, and totally unlike July, we'll have some wind today.


Now, as long as it's halfway steady . . . .


tumblr_p8ikvwNbJJ1wv0172o1_500.jpg
 
Well, I'm going to get busy. Coffee is gone and breakfast is warming in the oven. Yummy salmon leftovers.

:cool:
 
I need to run some errands a little later and then it's auto maintenance time for me as well. I had a turn signal bulb go out so I bought new bulbs all around. Gonna light up the night.



In the last few years, I have always upgraded the headlights to a way brighter version, in spite of the cost. I think they are a good investment.


But I'm not sure if the extra heat doesn't cause the plastic housing to fog over sooner as a function of heat.


Or is it age?


Regardless, it's damn nice to see at night.


63741.jpg
 
Heat? Age? Shit they spray on the roads?

Do you polish the foggy old plastic or replace? The fog seems to return quicker than the time before no matter which path I take.
 
I have replaced two sets, both on Toyotas.


Thing is, I also put in brighter bulbs as part of the exercise, so I have nothing but observation - no "control group."


Sadly, neither car hung around all that long after I did the task, so I also have no answer except to say is was a bright motherfucker for the time they were there.


I should do the truck and the ragtop. The bike is still glass, thanks be to Allah, and I bought something called a "daymaker" for it. I should have installed it while I was Honey-doing, but it didn't happen . . . . :(


tumblr_nxt0ogXYHD1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
 
Heat? Age? Shit they spray on the roads?

Do you polish the foggy old plastic or replace? The fog seems to return quicker than the time before no matter which path I take.

I've got some 1400 grit polish that I'm going to try, but I do believe it's degradation from the UV. Plastic comes with it's own planned obsolescence.
 
I'm sorry, but glass was better.


It was also cheaper.


And you didn't have to dismantle half the fucking front end to change a motherfucking light bulb.


tumblr_p8ikz4tClL1wv0172o1_500.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top