Loving Wives - Why?

I mean, all of those are valid stories, but it's unlikely that the same readers are looking for all of them, and someone who really wants the one is likely to react pretty negatively to the other.

I think you underestimate the variety in some of the other categories. SciFi & Fantasy actually combines two different genre. I don't think anyone really knows what Mature is about; the content ranges from romantic stories about elderly folk to strokers about middle aged guys and giggling girls. EC is pretty much a grab bag, except that you usually don't find GM stories there. Probably all of the categories host stories over the range from short stroker to long romance.

What seems unique about LW is that the readers react to stories that aren't written for them. Why is it that someone who doesn't want to read a cuck story will vote 1* bombs and make hateful comments instead of just dropping the story and finding something they do want to read?

It's the height of intolerance. When it happens in GM they can shrug it off as a sort of aggressive homophobia. What do you call it in LW?

I've posted two LW stories, and while that category gives them a lot of the wrong audience, it's also where the right audience reads. One of them is my lowest scoring story, but it's also the most read (271k), commented (155), favorized (529) and voted (2.8k) story I've posted. The abusive comments, sometimes bordering on death threats, don't bother me much.

As you say "fuck them". I like to write LW stories, all kinds of LW stories. I also love to "fuck them" by not letting them vote. Also, if they post rude comments, I enjoy laughing at them, then deleting them. Poof. Gone. Smiling.

Sometimes I fool them and leave voting on. Then turn it off a week later.

Oh the nasty comments I get. I just laugh and delete them.

Call it a one man crusade against all those idiots that,
1. think the stories are real.
2. hate women
3. hate that their wife cuckold them
4. get so turned on by LW sotries they hate themselves
5. hate that they want to see their wife with another man
6. etc.

I know the ratings are going to be low when I publish something in the LW category (although I have some that have very nice ratings), but I've long ago stopped writing for the ratings. Now I usually post stories in there that are maybe a bit off the subject matter, or maybe written from a different perspective. I love probing the minds of my main character as I write.

It's getting to the point that I can predict the ratings I'm going to get with an LW submission. The trolls' comments are mean and disgusting, for the most part. But the ones who read it and get what I was trying to do in the story - those are the ones for which I will keep submitting stories there.

You can throw 100 troll comments at me, but I'll remember the one that sees what I was trying to say and applauds me for it. That's the reward I seek and enjoy in the LW category.

I know that LW is a topic that's been discussed to death, but for the writers that post there, may I ask why?

I'm assuming that the most popular answer is 'because fuck them'. I like and respect that answer, but that category is such a cesspool that I can't even conceive of posting a story there. Fuck the idiots that vote and comment in LW. Got it. But is there another reason? Am I missing something?

If I had a story that would normally go there, I would strip it of any sex and put it in non-erotic.

There are readers in LW who open every story and give it a 1. These people are disturbed. Half the voting/commenting readers want the female lead to be drawn and quartered and the other half want reconciliation regardless of how abusive the relationship is(was?). There is very little room in the middle.

I just don't get the readership or the authors that spend their valuable time and considerable talent wading into that waste.

Well..... I'm new here and only read a few of the stories in LW without reading the comments BUT my two cents is as someone who is married I really enjoy reading the stories where two loving partners are enjoying more adventurous playtime. Outside of that I have no idea about the rest of the readership. Hope that helps.
-J

As you say "fuck them". I like to write LW stories, all kinds of LW stories. I also love to "fuck them" by not letting them vote. Also, if they post rude comments, I enjoy laughing at them, then deleting them. Poof. Gone. Smiling.

Sometimes I fool them and leave voting on. Then turn it off a week later.

Oh the nasty comments I get. I just laugh and delete them.

Call it a one man crusade against all those idiots that,
1. think the stories are real.
2. hate women
3. hate that their wife cuckold them
4. get so turned on by LW sotries they hate themselves
5. hate that they want to see their wife with another man
6. etc.

You're reply is hilarious, I love trolling annoying people :p

. . . What people object to in LW is that its readership includes a disproportionate number of trolls who post vile comments, and a large number of readers vote down stories, not because they're not good, but because they involve plotlines -- typically, the wife who has extramarital sex and gets away with it -- that those readers can't stand. It's the intolerance of the readership that people object to, not the category itself, and not the people, like you, who post to it. . . .

Yes, exactly. The trolls apparently have a very narrow definition of what a loving wife is (or should be) and rather than voting and commenting based on the quality of the writing, vote or comment based on the behaviour of the "wife" in the story.

I vaguely recall a long-ago highly-rated LW story about an actual loving wife -- no cheating, no flings, merely the loving account of their long, busy marriage, I think told by the widower in flashback. Do they write-em like that anymore? I've not looked lately.

Would a tale of Kisses Sweeter Than Wine be one-bombed?

But you're not a troll.

But there comes a point where people say; you know, I really don't have to take this shit. At that point they don't just leave LW, they leave the site.

LC, I have a problem with blaming 100% of the site with these problems. Because, we're all supposed to be adults here and as such, we should conduct ourselves as adults. There is a personal responsibility that goes with growing up...it's call 'self-control'. Each individual on Lit should make an effort to exercise their own restraint rather than condoning and abetting bullying.

All I've witnessed today have been excuses for bad behavior and an attempt to do collateral damage control. There's no sincerity in that whatsoever. So, with that said, I've finished shutting down my account and I won't be back. I leave it to remaining Dirty Dozen. The resident cheerleader has left the building.

I vaguely recall a long-ago highly-rated LW story about an actual loving wife -- no cheating, no flings, merely the loving account of their long, busy marriage, I think told by the widower in flashback. Do they write-em like that anymore? I've not looked lately.

Would a tale of Kisses Sweeter Than Wine be one-bombed?

Even if there were, the 1-bomber wouldn't know. If it's in LW they 1-bomb it without even reading story.

Even if there were, the 1-bomber wouldn't know. If it's in LW they 1-bomb it without even reading story.
I'll have to try that under an alt.
"Disclaimer: Over 18, no cheating, no cucking."
Would that deter the fucktards?

LC, I have a problem with blaming 100% of the site with these problems. Because, we're all supposed to be adults here and as such, we should conduct ourselves as adults. There is a personal responsibility that goes with growing up...it's call 'self-control'. Each individual on Lit should make an effort to exercise their own restraint rather than condoning and abetting bullying.

All I've witnessed today have been excuses for bad behavior and an attempt to do collateral damage control. There's no sincerity in that whatsoever. So, with that said, I've finished shutting down my account and I won't be back. I leave it to remaining Dirty Dozen. The resident cheerleader has left the building.

You can't leave! You're not allowed.

I'll have to try that under an alt.
"Disclaimer: Over 18, no cheating, no cucking."
Would that deter the fucktards?

No, I have put warnings up front in two stories, one was Wife Sharing, the other was wife doesn't cheat. Both got nasty comments and 1-bombs.

I even went so far as to tell them they couldn't vote, they still voted, yes I lied to them, like you said, fuck them and the wife they road in on. ;)

Something I don't understand about LW..... why is it always cheating? Nothing in the category description says anything about cheating:

" Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more. "

I don't have nearly the readership some people in this thread do but my one LW story did just fine. Same number of votes and comments as most of my Non Con stories. Fewer views actually, and it was part of a contest. About the same score as most my stories also.

The wife in the story is a confident woman who loves her husband and has fun with him. People seemed to like it fine.

Maybe the problem is there isn't enough "Loving" in most the stories written there.

My stories write themselves. I can't imagine changing it's whole direction on a whim. If it's LW, it's LW.

There are actually plenty of normal authors and readers there in amongst the very insecure, very angry men who have an overzealous urge to control female sexuality whilst at the same time exploiting it for their own personal use.

Something I don't understand about LW..... why is it always cheating? Nothing in the category description says anything about cheating:

Unless they're single swaps, "swinging and sharing" episodes often seem a better fit in Group than LW. Fewer eyeballs but a kinder reception.

If Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice just swap mates for the night or weekend, that's LW. If they're in the same room swapping partners and the guys are PIV in the 69ing women and high-5-ing, it's Group.

If Will and Cher invite Dan into their bed and Cher gets spit-roasted, which is it? If they invite married Lori to join them and Dan gets double-pussied by a neighbor's wife and his own, one riding his tongue, the other his cock, and then switching, which is it?

Maybe the problem is there isn't enough "Loving" in most the stories written there.
LW seems reserved for cheating, cucking, burning -- not exactly the positive side of life. 'Loving' in the title is sardonic. :rolleyes:

I don't have nearly the readership some people in this thread do but my one LW story did just fine. Same number of votes and comments as most of my Non Con stories. Fewer views actually, and it was part of a contest. About the same score as most my stories also.

The wife in the story is a confident woman who loves her husband and has fun with him. People seemed to like it fine.

It's not always cheating. There's plenty of swapping/sharing/hotwife stories in LW. Mine included.

I’ll chime in. I write almost exclusively in LW. Here’s why:

1) The most passionate readers on this site. Yes, many of them employ that passion in a negative way, but, as someone here has said so eloquently: fuck them.

2) Take a look at the top comments section on any given day, and you’ll find that more than half are in the LW category. I enjoy the comments section as much as I enjoy writing. LW is filled with fascinating creatures with fascinating world views.

3) Naughty wives is my favorite kink. It’s taboo, but in a less icky way (I think) than some of the other categories like Incest.

4) It can be incredibly challenging. LW readers are intensely critical. I like to think I’ve become a better writer because of their years and years of ruthless criticism. I can’t imagine improving as a writer if all your readers simply gush over how amazing you are.

5) I couldn’t care less about the scores.

I took a break from this site last year and began writing for another site where the readers were much more appreciative and supportive, the scores were high, and the trolls were non-existent. You know what I found? It was BORING as hell! LW is never boring.

Usually I ignore all the posts slamming the Loving Wives readership but since you asked why I write in Loving Wives, I'll go ahead and comment. It is because the LW readers are the most demanding and critical of all the readers in Literotica.

The reason I READ LW is that is is chock full of top flight authors like Oshaw, quoted above. The reason I post there is it is chock full of the readers Oshaw mentioned. I get the most useful comments and most of those are Anonymous, not always from registered members.

The majority of the authors on this forum who bitch the most about LW never post there. They are talking straight out of their ass.

And the OP would have answered his own question if he had looked at just one post:

https://www.literotica.com/s/sirens-song-the-voice-of-many-waters-full-story-list

Look at this list of stories and tell me LW isn't worth reading or posting in.

You people need to get off this incestful and masturabatory forum and read what other authors are writing. Read Oshaw. Read angiquesophie. Read blackrandl1958 who put together the Sirens special event and several others for Literotica. Read some people who know how to write, and maybe your views about LW will have some credibililty. Right now, the meter is at ZERO.

rjordan

Last edited:
Look at this list of stories and tell me LW isn't worth reading or posting in.

You people need to get off this incestful and masturabatory forum and read what other authors are writing. Read Oshaw. Read angiquesophie. Read blackrandl1958 who put together the Sirens special event and several others for Literotica. Read some people who know how to write, and maybe your views about LW will have some credibililty. Right now, the meter is at ZERO.

rjordan

You are ignoring and misconstruing the nature of the criticism people are making here. You aren't paying any attention to what they're saying.

No one is saying that LW does not have good stories. No one is saying it does not have good authors. You are right to say that Oshaw and other authors you mention have written good stories.

None of that changes the indisputable fact that the LW readership contains a significantly disproportionate number of trolls. Readers who post comments like "Eat my condom" (yes, that's a real comment) and "cuck shit" are not demanding readers; they're just trolls. They disparage and vote down stories not because they're not good but because they will not accept wife-sharing stories regardless how good they are.

Oshaw, as an example, does not, to my knowledge, write wife-sharing stories. So his stories do well in LW. And they deserve to do well. I've read some of his stories, and I enjoy them, but they have nothing to do with wife-sharing. His example, and the example of others who post stories in LW that are about something OTHER than wife-sharing, do nothing to respond to the concerns of those who write wife-sharing stories and are understandably leery about posting them in LW. That's the gist of the concern here.

None of that changes the indisputable fact that the LW readership contains a significantly disproportionate number of trolls. Readers who post comments like "Eat my condom" (yes, that's a real comment) and "cuck shit" are not demanding readers; they're just trolls. They disparage and vote down stories not because they're not good but because they will not accept wife-sharing stories regardless how good they are.
Slight quibble: A troll is one who posts with the aim of eliciting emotional, frenzied responses. LW authors are the trolls; the respondents are fucktards. Anything I post to LW will surely provoke some negativity. Those commenters are trolled. By me. LW authors should be aware of their trolling.

Tilt. Not all LW authors are trolls or are trolling. Some are writing to the stated category theme and aren't poking the reader lion at all. But if you are saying that many LW authors are provoking negative response across the category by poking the readers with sticks, I agree. It's a false sweeping generalization, though, to say that's the sole motivation of all authors to write to that category.

Slight quibble: A troll is one who posts with the aim of eliciting emotional, frenzied responses. LW authors are the trolls; the respondents are fucktards. Anything I post to LW will surely provoke some negativity. Those commenters are trolled. By me. LW authors should be aware of their trolling.

One is a troll only if one intends to provoke. Writing a story that one believes falls within the legitimate bounds of the LW category, knowing that there will be some hostile LW readers who will respond with vicious comments, does not make one a troll. I doubt many LW authors truly would qualify as trolls.

In a strict sense, you're probably right about the LW readers; they don't qualify as trolls in this sense, although it seems like a good word, seeing as how they lie in wait for stories they don't like just like trolls waiting under bridges.

Tilt. Not all LW authors are trolls or are trolling.
Posting in LW invites negative responses. Deliberate or not, it's trolling. I may not intend to exceed speed limits as I roll down a steep grade but that's what happens and I should be aware of it. Any nice story posted to LW will exceed civility limits, quote low there. You're doing 45 in a 15 zone. Ratz.

Back