What reason has someone given you to end an online relationship?

Can you imagine an 85 INCH band-size?

No, I can't, but some guys would ask for verification ;)

Many guys don't realize that the number is a band size and the letter is a cup size, hence the large interest in 44DDs.
 
I'm getting married tomorrow, sorry we can't be more.

LOL! This happened to a male friend of mine in real life. Dated this woman for a few weeks, things were going well, and then she was getting married the next day and couldn't see him anymore. I asked her about it and she was quite matter of fact.
 
That doesn't sound like much of an online relationship.

I've cut someone off for expecting all my extra time and attention. One guy would expect me to sit and text him all day, even though he knew I had children and worked evenings then. >_>
 
Yesterday I started a chat with a woman who has "slut" as part of her name. I asked her if she was a cunt and she replied that she was. She also called me a retard and an asshole. I gave her examples of why I was neither. She continued to call me an asshole. After reading that in 3 message, I told her that I was finished and wished her luck. She wrote back and called me an asshole a fourth time.
 
807_1000.gif
 
I wish my online dealios ended with reasons instead of ghosting.
 
I look at online as just another place, not different than a bar or shopping center with nice people and creeps everywhere. As Penn Jillette once said the best thing about people online, is that you don't have to smell them. I am fairly sure that this board is doused in various scents.
I've always tried to remember that I'm online with real people, with feelings and real lives, I'm not sure that everyone thinks that way.

I've had a couple people just stop responding, have they got bored, died, moved, who knows?

One woman who contacted me on a dating website got really shitty when, after a few weeks, she realised that I lived 200 miles away. It was in my profile, not sure why it was my fault. Amongst the abuse was that I was only on there for sex, if I was I would be contacting local women surely?
 
I never ghosted anyone romantically (I didn't have many opportunities to start with lol), but I Did ghost one or two closer acquaintances.

At first it was: "Oh, X is calling me again, so boring to talk about the same things for half an hour. I would rather watch TV instead, so I'll call them tomorrow." I would then feel guilty about avoiding them, and keep reminding myself about calling them the next day with some made up excuse. But when the time came, I would postpone things for the day after. And the cycle continued.

But unlike what some of the posters above claimed - it wasn't calloussness which made me avoid explanations. It was procrastination driven by both guilt (or in my case, actually shame) over my own behavior, and anxiety over any being potential guilt-tripping or angry confrontation.
 
I have the habit of going off the grid from time to time. For short phases I'll be extremely active and all over the place. Then my posts will dwindle and then I tend to disappear for long time, only to resurface months or years later. So it's not like I ghost ppl intentionally, but it's a pattern of behavior for me.
 
The guy I was dating couldn't handle my anxiety and depression meltdowns, he said that I was too crazy for him and ended it...... Oh well
 
He was caught by his wife when he was online with me. The second time, I think. Yes, the guilt was great.
 
whiny, clingy, emotional wreck, drug problem, distance, circumstance.

wait, those are the reasons why i ended it :D
 
whiny, clingy, emotional wreck, drug problem, distance, circumstance.

wait, those are the reasons why i ended it :D

Huh....you sound a lot like....but, no. He doesn't have any alts.

Hope your drug problem works out (kidding). :cool:
 
Once upon a time, in a virtual reality, I was married to a really amazing person. I didn’t deserve him tho, he was out of my league. At the time I didn’t realize this, I thought I was awesome, but there were signs. For example, on our engagement day (I proposed) one of his friends asked me if I was pregnant... I was not. This comment would occasionally pop up in my head, I’d wonder what she meant by it, but I never consciously acknowledged the insult.

One day he finally got tired of my bs and divorced me. I was hurt but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t get over. I think this made him and his friends mad because they made sure I finally got the message and ground me into pulp until I broke.

Of course, I could totally be wrong because I was never given a reason for him breaking up with me and I had to figure it out on my own... after I was made to care.
 
Spending several weeks insisting she was dying of a rare disease and then disappearing altogether. A last attempt at email several weeks later resulted in a lengthy response from a "sister" indicated that I must have been an absolutely amazing person if I was important enough to have the deceased as a friend. Will never know what happened for sure.
 
Way back in the day I had an online FWB type deal with a somewhat older guy that I crossed paths with on I believe it was a body mod forum. We chatted mostly about sex and traded pics a lot but also talked about regular life stuff too. Never any expectation of meeting IRL or anything, and we’d actually chat about the guys I dated at the time. He said he didn’t really date and just enjoyed being on his own. It was really fun and I had a lot of affection for him and thought he felt the same. He eventually dropped the bomb that he was married and used chatting with me as a means of getting turned on enough to bang his wife that he was no longer attracted to.

That sucked.
 
Way back in the day I had an online FWB type deal with a somewhat older guy that I crossed paths with on I believe it was a body mod forum. We chatted mostly about sex and traded pics a lot but also talked about regular life stuff too. Never any expectation of meeting IRL or anything, and we’d actually chat about the guys I dated at the time. He said he didn’t really date and just enjoyed being on his own. It was really fun and I had a lot of affection for him and thought he felt the same. He eventually dropped the bomb that he was married and used chatting with me as a means of getting turned on enough to bang his wife that he was no longer attracted to.

That sucked.

Ouch. Sometimes telling the truth to unburdon yourself just hurts someone else. Thats' selfish.
 
Back
Top