The Lost Artifacts (Closed)

Lela felt Tasol move a moment before the soft touch of his hand brushed down her cheek. She smiled softly as she drifted even deeper into relaxation against his chest. She felt so comfortable with him and she knew he would protect her regardless of whether or not she had hired him to do so.

The warmth of the water, the feel of his body along with his soft touches lulled her into sleep. Her dreamed were filled with Tastol, of their time together in each others' arms. For the first time Lela actually thought that maybe she could have a life like everyone else she had watched, that maybe there was hope for happiness with someone and the fear of turning them into a mindless slave was just that, a fear, not reality.

Her dream turned into something much darker. Tastol was pulled away from her and she was left all alone. The next thing she knew she was running and fearing for her life. She knew deep down that she would die if she was caught so she kept running, hoping that whatever was after her would grow tired of the chase. Hands gripped her shoulders, she screamed trying to get away from those hands, trying to get free once again. Lela came awake, sitting straight up in bed, her heart pounding so hard it seemed to echo in her head. Her breathing was heavy and her eyes tried to make sense of what she saw.
 
Even as Tastol looked upon Lela and saw her drift slowly off to sleep, he didn't make any move to disturb her. He kept his arms around her, holding her close, safe, and secure, glad that she could find enough comfort in his presence to sleep in his arms.

Only when he felt the water starting to cool did Tastol finally force himself to move. It wasn't easy to do, but he managed to slowly turn Lela in the tub, just enough to get one arm beneath her knees, with the other supporting her head. Only then, once he was sure she was secure, did Tastol make to rise, lifting her up with him.

After he stepped from the tub, Tastol carried Lela towards the bed, surprised that she hadn't woken up from so much movement. He shifted her in his arms, holding her close so that he could support her with one hand. He used the other to scoop up a couple of thick hides and lay them on the bed. He laid the sleeping goddess upon them and quickly dried himself before taking the time to carefully dry her, at least as best he could.

Even after all of that, Tastol was continuously surprised that Lela had slept through it all. He crawled into bed beside her and slid his arm over her stomach before letting himself finally succumb to his own weariness. The night had taken a lot out of him, and he was more than glad to be able to sleep.

Sleep was not destined for Tastol though, because almost before he knew it, he felt himself being pulled from it by Lela's thrashing. A single look at her told him that she was having a nightmare. He tried to reach for her shoulders, hoping to shake her awake, but it took several tries before he was even able to do that much, and no sooner did he manage it, than he heard her scream. When she bolted upright in bed, sitting straight up, Tastol's gaze was filled with concern and surprise. He didn't dare speak though, not while she was still casting her gaze to and fro, seemingly trying to figure out where she was. His hands hadn't moved from her shoulders though, for he felt that she would desperately need the contact just then, even if that need was subconscious.
 
Last edited:
Slowly things started to make sense to Lela, her surroundings and even the feel of Tastol's hand on her shoulder. She knew his touch, knew the sparks that touch created inside of her. Slowly her eyes moved to him, feeling a bit foolish. She moved and laid her head on his chest, just holding him close to her and not saying anything.

Lela hadn't realized how much he had started to mean to her, at least not until that dream happened. It reminded her of how easily he could be taken from her, especially if her sister found out he was helping her. Her sister was always so cruel to her and taking something that mattered to her would certainly be something up her sister's alley.

Her eyes glanced up to Tastol's, "I'm fine, I promise," was all she said before she snuggled down against him again trying to go back to sleep. Lela knew it would take time for her to relax again, enough to sleep but as long as Tastol was there with her, she knew she would find sleep again.
 
Back
Top