The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love a cup of tea, thank you. :) How've you been, HP? :rose:

Heya, MP. There's plenty of time for some nibbles....start with a canapé. Or two. :cattail:

Tx! :rose::kiss: (((hugs))) Glad that the house guests are providing you with nibbles. :cattail:

Heh, I went with the spoonful of peanut butter, minus the chocolate chips, and raspberry tea. :rose:

Here is a distributor of game software with a new approach to dealing with low-bomb ratings on games. It's an interesting approach to a difficult problem. Of course, stories are a little different from games. But it's interesting how the company (Valve) balances giving the customer a voice with giving the creators a meaningful review.

TL/DR: the company is giving users a more comprehensive look at the review ratings over time.

1113adaa66abbb94e73d6c3546aff97c08f1c3bf_1_690x307.png

Here is a game getting a bunch of retaliatory "one-bombs."

cf24bde5626ee92625d8a5d1e8b7c60c8ec7f3c6_1_690x329.jpg

Do we have any espresso? I hate to be so hoighty-toighty, but look in the back of the cupboard. I think I remember someone left some one time.

I think Hypoxia left some of his depresso back in the kitchen. That's decaffeinated espresso for those not keeping up. :D

Heya, MP. There's plenty of time for some nibbles....start with a canapé. Or two. :cattail:

Tx! :rose::kiss: (((hugs))) Glad that the house guests are providing you with nibbles. :cattail:

I got the impression that there was a bit of exercise as well. . .
:)

I think Hypoxia left some of his depresso back in the kitchen. That's decaffeinated espresso for those not keeping up. :D

My advice is "don't bother"; it's gorn orf.
But there should be a delivery of some fresh stuff in a couple of hours.

Coffee's readeeeeeeee...... my blend! :D

And it's out the door and off to work and as soon as I get home it's powering into some more writing for a story for a deadline I'm late on and I HAVE to get finished. Weeps. :eek:

zombie_boo_boo_magic_mug-r64b38db0462b4439978f2c0483def836_x7j1i_8byvr_324.jpg
CtU2V4hV3WDBkRZnby5YeKMppUJH5x-right_250x.png

I'm under-caffeinated this morning. I left my travel mug in the office last night and couldn't fill it for the drive to work. Instead, it's coffee from beans that have been sitting in my office since last winter. It tastes a mite stale.

I had appointments at the VA this morning so nothing to eat after midnight and one cup of coffee with no sugar for breakfast. Then they expect me to drive 50 miles. Cruel and unusual punishment, i tell ya.

The Vampire took enough blood to replenish the blood bank and then the nurse told me all my numbers looked fine. She asked me how I felt and did I have any aches or pains? At 70 how do you not have aches and pains?

They do have good coffee in the canteen and fresh donuts so my caffeine level is not too low.

So, a fresh pot to keep it that way.

Being MilRet I don't have to go all the way to the VA. Not that I have anything against them. I never got anything but the best possible treatment from them but with a major hospital five minutes away?

Anyhow, I'm still beating back a case of stomach flu so my craving for coffee is being balanced by the effects it has on a tender plumbing system. Not a good prospect for a morning, I tell you.

Good afternoon. So far today the weather is perfect. Mid 70s, a nice breeze, and sun everywhere you look. The weekend isn't going to be as nice. Temps are going to 90. :eek:

It sounds like we'll get our first taste of fall weather late on Thursday. That's fitting since Friday is the first day of Autumn. This weekend I'll get the summer-colored Fiesta Ware coffee mugs off the rack and replace them with the fall colors.

Hmmm, the coffee mugs changing color for the fall. There has to be a plot bunny in there somewhere. :D

Afternooner all, Finished off some paperwork earlier, followed closely by a nap, so I'm all set for the evening.

I have a plot bunny humping my leg. It is a primes I find very interesting but I also know it will be a monster of a bitch to write. It might very well be the next best thing after I finish the present project. I have a lot of the idea set out in my notes file, which usually gets something out of my head, but....

Fresh coffee is now available for the afternooner crowd. I'm having a diet Dr Pepper and homemade sugar cookies.

It sounds like we'll get our first taste of fall weather late on Thursday. That's fitting since Friday is the first day of Autumn. This weekend I'll get the summer-colored Fiesta Ware coffee mugs off the rack and replace them with the fall colors.

We've been suffering 'Fall Weather' for the last two weeks. I have a nasty suspicion that we are in for a very cold, long winter.
So stock up on the coffee make sure that the vacuum flasks are possessing a good seal and that the tins of food are within date.

I think a trip to the shops is indicated.
After a cup of coffee. . .
of course.

Cold snap out here in gold-rush country. A little rain tonight, then temps heading toward freezing. Warming a little in a few days. Time to finish outside chores, before the autumn storms strike. If they strike. Without taking-out dams. Oh no, not another Pineapple Express! A fat one at high tide could return the Central Valley into a lake. And me without swim fins. ;(

Damn, I'm really insensitive about Puerto Rico. Do you think the fixed Arecibo radio-telescope dish is a big swimming pool now? With gators swimming around in it? Or at least some pelicans?

I saw an old advert for hamster-wheel-powered generators. Do we get more energy out of the hamsters if we water them with high-octane coffee?

UPDATE: Rain is pounding now. Might get as much as 1/10 inch. Sorry, Texas.

Cold snap out here in gold-rush country. A little rain tonight, then temps heading toward freezing. Warming a little in a few days. Time to finish outside chores, before the autumn storms strike. If they strike. Without taking-out dams. Oh no, not another Pineapple Express! A fat one at high tide could return the Central Valley into a lake. And me without swim fins. ;(

Damn, I'm really insensitive about Puerto Rico. Do you think the fixed Arecibo radio-telescope dish is a big swimming pool now? With gators swimming around in it? Or at least some pelicans?

I saw an old advert for hamster-wheel-powered generators. Do we get more energy out of the hamsters if we water them with high-octane coffee?

UPDATE: Rain is pounding now. Might get as much as 1/10 inch. Sorry, Texas.

Erm. . . "Pineapple Express": what dat pse ?
I think there's s huge bath plug at the bottom of the Aracibo thingy.

'National Security' prevents revealing where it drains to, of course.

Erm. . . "Pineapple Express": what dat pse ?
The Pineapple Express is our local (Pacific coast) atmospheric river, a linear storm system that channels tropical water and energy typically from around Hawai'i to California. A PE earlier this year that nearly took out Oroville Dam, the country's 2nd-highest. Stopped our drought, by damn! A famous month-long PE around 1862 submerged Sacramento and much of the Central Valley, where a fuckload of USA's food is now grown. We're overdue for another of similar scale. Delta levees won't hold. [/me hums Dylan song]

I think there's s huge bath plug at the bottom of the Aracibo thingy.

'National Security' prevents revealing where it drains to, of course.
Probably straight to Area 51, into the underground tank hosting alien cetaceans. My partner and I spent an anniversary at Area 51 but we weren't probed by aliens or anything exciting. So disappointing...

I think it's time for more coffee. Things to do today. Wake up. Another cuppa.

With Florida hanging down on the east side, Roswell would be about right for a place to probe. :D

Happy nooner everyone. I hope the writing is flowing like the water down the drain. Well, that didn't exactly sound right but you get the drift.

I ran across a series of stories I was doing a long while back. They were misfiled. I like both the characters, which is good since one of them is really a mental me. Mental Me as apposed to Mini Me. Somehow that has a Freudian ring to it but then again, that's what writers are really all about.

I'm rambling so i need more coffee.

Tx, please be advised that my new flash gun is the sort of "pocket rocket" thing
that can probably be seen from the Moon.
So when you do a flying tackle, be careful to wear sufficient gear, please. . . . . :)

EB has told me that my sales have worked. For once I'm in funds. . .
although not for long; my car needs its annual service.

Coffee, I think

Tx, please be advised that my new flash gun is the sort of "pocket rocket" thing
So when you do a flying tackle, be careful to wear sufficient gear, please. . . . . :)

EB has told me that my sales have worked. For once I'm in funds. . .
although not for long; my car needs its annual service.

Coffee, I think

HP, you sure know how to cause problems with that new flash gun. I have a choice of wearing cloths or hpf50 when I do (((FLYINGTACKLEHUGGS))). That either takes the fun out of it or makes me to slippery to hold onto. :D

I don't know who EB is but if she says you have money then that is great. Yeah, everything needs service sooner or later. ;)

Flash gun. That triggers a train of thought. A very small train.

Flashlight ==> fleshlight
Flash gun ==> flesh gun
Flash bulb ==> flesh bulb -- et fucking cetera.

Flash mob, flashback, flash card, flash flood, flash-freeze, flash memory, flash point, flashover, flash welding. All fleshy, all the time.

Flash gun ==> flesh gun

Flash mob, flashback, flash card, flash flood, flash-freeze, flash memory, flash point, flashover, flash welding. All fleshy, all the time.

Don't forget Flash Fiction.

And this sort of flash mob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgguEZCE3Dk

Last edited:

Flash gun ==> flesh gun

Have you been taking the right meds? :)

Don't forget Flash Fiction.

And this sort of flash mob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgguEZCE3Dk

I prefer this one, although it does not feature young ladies in leotards (or whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back