The new Naked Party Thread.

Hello ? ? ?
Anyone home ?
Dammit, Rolf, sorry to wake you; know where Olaf is please ?
I need some fresh straw for the Dragon and a large refresher for me.

Please do, dear.

New book coming out.
Taking care of Dad now that we have him out of the hospital.
New book in the works.
Prepping the garden for spring.
Home improvement projects still commencing.
And so many more things.

I ordered tea, but it hasn't been delivered yet. I'm out of chocolate. It's been 28 days since I've had a cigarette. Needless to say, my humor is not good.

New book coming out.
Taking care of Dad now that we have him out of the hospital.
New book in the works.
Prepping the garden for spring.
Home improvement projects still commencing.
And so many more things.

I ordered tea, but it hasn't been delivered yet. I'm out of chocolate. It's been 28 days since I've had a cigarette. Needless to say, my humor is not good.

The withdrawal from fags can take a long while, I'm told, although it took me about 3 weeks while I had 'flu of some sort.
What do you know about roses ? I want to keep them alive this year (last spring was too dry and they stopped flowering).
Are you out of tea yet ?
:rose:

The withdrawal from fags can take a long while, I'm told, although it took me about 3 weeks while I had 'flu of some sort.
What do you know about roses ? I want to keep them alive this year (last spring was too dry and they stopped flowering).
Are you out of tea yet ?

Tomorrow will be my last pot of tea. I have some coming from Amazon, but it hasn't arrived yet.

I know nothing of roses. All you have to do is look at my very sad and diseased roses to see that. I think I may dig them out in the spring and put in something else. The last couple of years, they have been most sad.

I posted a picture of my last pretty roses for you to see elsewhere.

I'm on day 29 no cigs. I'm still struggling, but no one has been killed yet.

I gave up on roses completely and switched over to orchids. So long as I lived in SoCal they thrived. Now? Well, so far I'm growing a lot of vegetables and berries.

My mother could grow roses. Me, not so much. I know she fed them bone meal and used a lot of 7-dust for aphids.

I have two wild miniature roses. One by each corner of the front porch. Well, they own each corner of the porch. They have taken over and you can't kill them with anything. I've even wrapped a chain around their scrawny necks and yanked them out of the ground. The next spring, they are back thumbing their noses at me. :rolleyes:

Anyone want to come get you some? you can have all you can haul away. Just don't blame me when they take over your place.

Ah, I'd better explain about 'the rose'.
You see, my late wife (God bless 'er soul) liked them and managed to keep the one that's in my back garden (I suspect a remote 'wild' thing), going, rather to our collective surprise. When the cancer got 'er, the one thing she asked for was a Yellow Rose. So her ashes went in deep and then the yellow rose was planted over them.
Last Year was notable for a very dry spring; something about which the penny didn't drop for me until I saw no flower on one and a curled-up, dessicated ruin on another.
I have to restore these plants; apart from their beauty, I like taking photos of flowers; it's the sheer beauty of the colour !
And thtat's why I really would love to get some decent colour back in this wreck of a garden.

I gave up on roses completely and switched over to orchids. So long as I lived in SoCal they thrived. Now? Well, so far I'm growing a lot of vegetables and berries.

Flowers are nice, but food has it's own special beauty. Enjoy.

My mother could grow roses. Me, not so much. I know she fed them bone meal and used a lot of 7-dust for aphids.

I have two wild miniature roses. One by each corner of the front porch. Well, they own each corner of the porch. They have taken over and you can't kill them with anything. I've even wrapped a chain around their scrawny necks and yanked them out of the ground. The next spring, they are back thumbing their noses at me. :rolleyes:

Anyone want to come get you some? you can have all you can haul away. Just don't blame me when they take over your place.

My dad has those all over his yard. I plan to eradicate a few of them this spring and wrestle his yard back under control.

I've used bone meal, fish emulsion, kelp emulsion--you name it. Fungus got into the darlings and I can't get them to come back strong. I've sprayed, medicated and treated them infallibly. Nothing helps. I blame the changes in the weather.

Ah, I'd better explain about 'the rose'.
You see, my late wife (God bless 'er soul) liked them and managed to keep the one that's in my back garden (I suspect a remote 'wild' thing), going, rather to our collective surprise. When the cancer got 'er, the one thing she asked for was a Yellow Rose. So her ashes went in deep and then the yellow rose was planted over them.
Last Year was notable for a very dry spring; something about which the penny didn't drop for me until I saw no flower on one and a curled-up, dessicated ruin on another.
I have to restore these plants; apart from their beauty, I like taking photos of flowers; it's the sheer beauty of the colour !
And thtat's why I really would love to get some decent colour back in this wreck of a garden.

Seems to me that water would be key for you. Study up on proper pruning techniques and get rid of diseased or dead wood. Mulch them. Talk to them. Give them love. As long as they maintain health, they will treat you to beauty.

I'm well. How are you?

Doin' OK thanks. Tests have shown no real problems ("Come back next year").
I'm trying to get my head round Windows 7 on the new PC ('Dear Microsoft. . . ').

And still trying to drive my new camera (more buttons than a 747).

Rolf, a glass of good Vodka for Molly, please.

Doin' OK thanks. Tests have shown no real problems ("Come back next year").
I'm trying to get my head round Windows 7 on the new PC ('Dear Microsoft. . . ').

And still trying to drive my new camera (more buttons than a 747).

Rolf, a glass of good Vodka for Molly, please.

Would you make that tequila, please?

Would you make that tequila, please?

Certainly.
Rolf, it seems the Lady has changed her mind (something which, it seems, ladies are wont to do occasionally). She'd prefer a glass of Tequila.

Oh, me?
I'll have a glass of single malt please; Islay for preference.

Back