RIP slyc

Secret, I am so, so sorry for you and for the little one. Having lost my wife nearly a year ago I know the pain you feel. All I can do is offer my heartfelt condolences and remember fondly the time we had in San Antonio that one year. "We grieve for but a while but we mourn forever."

Stunned

A fine man and fun to chat with. He will be missed! RIP Slyc!

Wow, sorry to hear and thoughts and prayers to his family.

A really gifted author, insightful both in prose and in casual conversation. He was equally comfortable discussing comics or grammar, and I felt lucky to be involved in either. A Lit icon. The FAWCer. He is likely the reason I am still on this site. This place is lessened by his passing.

Perhaps the most lasting impression I had of Slyc was that he told the tale of how he went and got Secret and the Little one.
He was nervous; that was fairly obvious from his writings, but a year or so later, I asked him how things were going and he was ecstatic.

Secretme, if you get to read this, please accept our heartfelt sympathy and
understand our very best wishes for you & Little one.
If we can help, you only have to say. . . .

RIP, Slyc. You showed us a lot.

So sad. Condolences and RIP Slyc. You were a good one.

Slyc was one of the guys who could make a visit to the AH rewarding. He will be missed.

A terrible loss. I feel for his family. Once again we are reminded that existence is tenuous, and life cannot be taken for granted.

Many authors here knew slyc_willie. He was a writer of stories and threads. He made many friends here. While he wasn't as active on the threads over the past year as he he once was, I know that those who knew him would want to know:

Slyc died of a pulmonary embolism which caused a heart attack on Thursday morning Nov 29, 2015. It was sudden and very unexpected. Wednesday he was fine and Thursday he was gone.

It is unbelievably hard for me to write this. So please forgive me if I don't say more. We all deal with loss in different ways. I'm not good at conversations about this.

Sorry :rose:

Secret,
My heart goes out to you and Little One. Slyc will be missed. Please know you are all in my thoughts and prayers. :rose::kiss:

Such sad news. My condolences to all.

One of the good guys, gone to soon. My memories will always include the great conversations had on this site.

:rose:

Many authors here knew slyc_willie. He was a writer of stories and threads. He made many friends here. While he wasn't as active on the threads over the past year as he he once was, I know that those who knew him would want to know:

Slyc died of a pulmonary embolism which caused a heart attack on Thursday morning Nov 29, 2015. It was sudden and very unexpected. Wednesday he was fine and Thursday he was gone.

It is unbelievably hard for me to write this. So please forgive me if I don't say more. We all deal with loss in different ways. I'm not good at conversations about this.

Oh, Secret, I'm so sorry. :heart: Slyc and I were good friends and we had a blast together at the different Litogethers in FL and Chicago. I'm devastated. For him to go so quickly like that is tragic. My heartfelt condolences to you and your lovely daughter. I'll always remember him and the fun we had. Remember the towels? ;)

RIP, my friend. :rose:

Last edited:
My heart hurts hearing such sad news. Without slyc’s encouragement and support, I wouldn’t be the writer I am today. I will never forget him. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

RIP, slyc. You will be missed.

:rose:

This is very sad news. :( Slyc was a great writer and a very cool guy. He will be missed. Secretme and all his loved ones will be in our thoughts. :rose:

More ripples in the pond. My love to you as well.

..so... November 29th, 2015 is a Sunday.

Back