What Made You Say Fuck Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boxer lab mix just died after having very aggressive cancer. She was 7.
Best dog ever. But boxers and labs are very prone to the type of cancer she had.
If you google MCT in dogs, the first thing they mention is boxers.
Fuck.

Yeah, mine all ended up with heart and kidney problems which they're also prone to as well. Having a dog that you know you'll be lucky to get 8 or 10 years with is kind of bothersome but I love the breed and loyalty to owners.

Best dog ever. But boxers and labs are very prone to the type of cancer she had.
Fuck.

A friends dog got MCT & passed away fairly quickly which was really sad.
Dobes are prone to wobbler syndrome which affects the cervical vertebrae. With this breed you really need to get from a reputable breeder who does thorough testing. Rescuing Dobie's is good but it could cost you way more down the road.
People really need to stop getting their dogs fixed before they're fully grown. The sex hormone is a growth hormone & if you get a dog fixed early it can cause several health issues. In Golden retrievers, if fixed early almost a guarantee they'll have hip dysplasia. The growth plates need to fully grow, getting them fixed early stops it.
Any vet who offers getting dogs fixed early is terribly uneducated & I personally won't deal with them. Run!!!!
Thankfully university studies have come a long way, at least here in Canada. My breeder is affiliated with Guelph Uni which is Canada's best veterinary medicine school

L:rose:

What the fuck.
Some asshat used my post up there about my dead dog to message me. When he offered condolences and a gentle hug (which I ignored, don’t know the guy)
and I further told him that I also lost my dad, my cousin and a good friend in addition to my dog, all in 4 months, he called me babe and tried to stroke and touch and all that shit.
So, he tried to use my grief to get into me. People are idiots. I keep forgetting that. I guess I know so many GOOD people online that I’m still surprised by the scum.
That’s what I get for being in a trusting mood for 5 minutes. Im no longer answering PMs from strangers I don’t even post with. Silly me.

Of course, I called him an asshole and a creep and told him to fuck off, to which he apologized for “misconstrued communication” :rolleyes:

I screenshotted the exchange, but Lit rules won’t let me post this creep’s name.
So, I’ll just have to tell anyone asks who he is, and of course I showed my friends. Incel fuck.

What the fuck.
Some asshat used my post up there about my dead dog to message me. When he offered condolences and a gentle hug (which I ignored, don’t know the guy)
and I further told him that I also lost my dad, my cousin and a good friend in addition to my dog, all in 4 months, he called me babe and tried to stroke and touch and all that shit.
So, he tried to use my grief to get into me. People are idiots. I keep forgetting that. I guess I know so many GOOD people online that I’m still surprised by the scum.
That’s what I get for being in a trusting mood for 5 minutes. Im no longer answering PMs from strangers I don’t even post with. Silly me.

Of course, I called him an asshole and a creep and told him to fuck off, to which he apologized for “misconstrued communication” :rolleyes:

I screenshotted the exchange, but Lit rules won’t let me post this creep’s name.
So, I’ll just have to tell anyone asks who he is, and of course I showed my friends. Incel fuck.

That's kind of a shitty way to be trying to chat someone up and see where it goes. :(

Snorting my drink up my nose when a friend sent me a hilariously accurate text message involving someone. :D

What the fuck.

What an utter shit. If he’d been a genuine stranger (I don’t know you), he could have said that he doesn’t know you but hopes you’re ok. That can be said publicly though.

Fuck.

I’m so so sorry :(
Message if you need to talk

Son injured his hand a few weeks ago. Thought nothing of it because he is ALWAYS hurting some body part or another...when it still hurt after two weeks went to doctor, who referred to orthopedic guy for appointment today...

Surgery in the morning...

Fuck! I feel like a terrible mom for waiting so long (he wasn’t complaining of pain just not being able to move it well), and FUCK! Poor kids summer just got destroyed because he can’t play on his summer lacrosse team (that I paid an obscene amount of money for).

Son injured his hand a few weeks ago. Thought nothing of it because he is ALWAYS hurting some body part or another...when it still hurt after two weeks went to doctor, who referred to orthopedic guy for appointment today...

Fuck! I feel like a terrible mom for waiting so long (he wasn’t complaining of pain just not being able to move it well), and FUCK! Poor kids summer just got destroyed because he can’t play on his summer lacrosse team (that I paid an obscene amount of money for).

No. You aren’t. Sometimes things just get worse. And hands are difficult.
And if your son is like mine, every single summer will be lacrosse. Don’t worry.
Best of luck for tomorrow.

Ugh. Teenager I assume. I went through something similar 2 summers ago except it was a knee. You aren’t a terrible mom at all, don’t think that.

No! It happens to the best of us, not knowing something is wrong with a child, especially athletic sons. Trust me, I have bone chips and arthritis because of a missed and misdiagnosed hairline fracture of the foot.

And my Kanien'kehá:ka ancestors will bless him, help him with a speedy recovery for playing the Creator's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back