The China Pearl Inn---Part Six.

Marie It is so good to see you.

a hug and a soft kiss for the young Miss.

Yes it has been a long time and yes this has been a rather trying year for me. So just taking it a day at a time.

So what have you been up to other than digging out from last Tuesday snow storm?
 
Marie It is so good to see you.

a hug and a soft kiss for the young Miss.

Yes it has been a long time and yes this has been a rather trying year for me. So just taking it a day at a time.

So what have you been up to other than digging out from last Tuesday snow storm?

Life has had its ...challenges ... been through some bad times and dark places ... just emerging now ... all we can do is move forward, right? :rose:
 
Quite true Marie a step at a time and a day at a time.

The worst thing for me is this forced inactivity.... Still writing...need to do something to pass the time Marie.
 
Quite true Marie a step at a time and a day at a time.

The worst thing for me is this forced inactivity.... Still writing...need to do something to pass the time Marie.

Forced inactivity sucks for sure!

Good to see you still writing ... I'm on a single story for now ... I'm not intending to be back on here fully as before ... :rose:
 
That is a shame Marie as I have always loved your writing. Well one story is better than none Miss.

I shall have to take a look.
 
It's been a long time since I did any writing ... not sure it's up to standard as yet ... or how frequently I'll be able to post ... but my co-writer is supportive and patient so hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things again soon ... :rose:
 
I am sure you will Marie you always had a flare for writing a very sensual flare. I am sure you will get back in the swing of writing especially if you have a supportive co-writer.
 
I am sure you will Marie you always had a flare for writing a very sensual flare. I am sure you will get back in the swing of writing especially if you have a supportive co-writer.

I remember you supporting me when I first started writing on here .... many years ago now ... x :rose:
 
Glad to hear the girls are okay. I hope they get the R&R. It is needed.

Hi DM, I think I remember your name from years past, but my memory for names is infamously bad. I am sorry for your rough times, but glad things are getting better.

CG, it is mid-70s here, but overcast, the breeze is on the cooler side. The wind is gusting hard enough that a couple of the pine trees are swaying like palm trees. I am glad they are further away from the house. According to weather station it is supposed to get cold enough to rain and snow on Wed. and Thurs. so it will be interesting to see if that happens. Won't be much snow, and it probably won't stick, but still I was surprised to hear we could still get snow. I guess March isn't interested in going out like a lamb. Still no wildflowers in the area which does surprise me, I thought they would be all over by now with all the sun and warm weather we have had. Decided I would go into town tomorrow when I take out the trash. No point putting shoes on until I have to. :) It isn't like I need to go in, but I would like to get out of the house for a few minutes anyway.

As you can tell if I am writing about the weather, nothing else is going on. :rolleyes:

I try to hang dry my clothes whenever possible. Nothing they put in a bottle of detergent smells as good as sunshine. :D
 
Hi DM, I think I remember your name from years past, but my memory for names is infamously bad. I am sorry for your rough times, but glad things are getting better.

Hello ... nice to meet you ... name wise, it's been a while, but years past could be accurate ... and thank you for your kind thoughts...:rose:
 
So true S F I love line dried clothes.

Not much going on here we made it in to the low 40's That being said we are look for the temps to be in the teens by Wednesday. We can get snow and significant snow through the middle of April S F. :eek:
 
I expect that in your mountains. I wasn't expecting it in my mountains. But then I am new to the place, so I guess this is normal. I don't mind, it is a nice break from the constant sunshine. That is one of the things I disliked the most about CA, the weather. You had a choice of hot and dry, hot and humid, or a few days of cold and wet. On rare occasions you get the perfect day of low-70s, low humidity and blue skies. It has been just a tad too warm here lately, but only by a couple of degrees. I LOVE the low humidity here. :)

It is amazing how much the weather in CA has changed over the decades. When I was growing up, humidity was seldom a problem. When it started getting bad in the early 80s, I tried to get a dehumidifier for my mother, not only could you not purchase one west of the Rockies, they wouldn't even ship one to California. Now you can find them everywhere in the stores.

Granted it doesn't get as bad as the south or the east, but I don't like it. I hate sweating while sitting still. Well, okay, I hate sweating period, but most especially when I am not being active.
 
I hate heat and humidity as well S F. I agree with you that our weather has changed over the years. It is not nearly as snowy as in the 80's, the summers are warmer and the winters swing wildly between deep 120's to upper 50's in January and February.
 
The sun finally broke through the clouds, but dang the breeze is chilly. I should probably close the window, but I like the smell the wind brings in. Think I will compromise and get a long sleeved shirt. LOL Have my breeze and warm arms too.
 
It is strawberry season here so I got some. I have to say they have very little flavor. I miss the taste of fresh strawberries. My mother had a green thumb and always had some plants growing. Unfortunately I have a black thumb and can't keep the hardiest of plants alive. But tomatoes, carrots and strawberries right from the garden are not like anything you can get in a store.
 
The commercial varieties of strawberries by and large are grown for size not taste S F. I am lucky for at the local co-op they stock local berries as the come into season. So no strawberries for me till late May early June. Towards mid summer the local blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries will be available . :p
 
I will have to do some looking around here for some kind of fresh produce place. In CA they have a lot of farmer's market type places but they are huge and usually offer a lot of stuff from all sorts of stores and places. I need a roadside stand. :) My problem is everything always looks so good, but I can't eat produce as fast as it goes bad. LOL
 
That is another reason I like local as they are normal pint size so the barriers don't go bad. Here are Farmers markets are small, seasonal, and very local in what they offer
 
That is another reason I like local as they are normal pint size so the barriers don't go bad. Here are Farmers markets are small, seasonal, and very local in what they offer

I am hoping to find something like that around here. There don't seem to be farms in this area, but I know that there are some down in Phoenix and over by Cottonwood. So I am hoping some of the farmers bring their stuff up here. I just have to look around. There used to be roadside stands around, but I didn't see anything like that last summer.
 
Well you could drive bare footed like coming back from the beach SF;)

You know there is something so delicious about fresh berries, whipped cream and a naked young beauty when you bring all three together. :p
 
I have never been able to drive barefoot. My mother did all the time, but for some reason, I can't quite get the distance of the seat to the pedal ratio correct. I need that quarter inch provided by a shoe's sole.

Strawberries and whipped cream, strawberries dipped in chocolate, or just plain strawberries, they are all good. I don't particularly want the female though. You can keep her. ;)
 
Back
Top