Do you ever have off days?

M_SNashCouple

Virgin
Joined
Dec 13, 2015
Posts
26
Like days where you're just not feeling it? Or wanting to do anything?

Like today, I'm supposed to go grocery shopping, finish cookies, make 2 more batches of fudge, finish wrapping presents and get everything ready to ship today. My Husband is skipping his work out this afternoon to help me take it all to the post office. I'm also to complete my task for today (take 3 naughty pictures, at least one in a risky place like my car). I'm allowed an hour today to look around online and start writing the contract.

But I just don't want to do anything. If I'm honest with myself, I don't want to do anything involving Christmas because I'm just phoning it in on that one. This Christmas is not a good one for outside reasons.

My question is, how do you and your significant other(s) handle those off days? Do you just push through and look forward to that drink at the end? What sorts of thoughts get you through the days you just want to stay in bed?

~JJ
 
Lately I've had more off days than on. Depression and pain are kicking my ass, and there's been a lot of turmoil for a variety of reasons. Even good news seems to be tempered. We're not religious, but in the past we've had fun decorating and baking and gifting. This year, like you, I'm on the verge of totally indifferent. I try to find just one reason to get out of bed each day, even if it's just to knit one row on my current project (which is also kicking my ass).

I know it will pass, but when I'm up to my neck in "blah" it's difficult to believe.
 
My question is, how do you and your significant other(s) handle those off days?

Will anyone still care about it next week if it's not done today?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

If the answer is 'No', it's just not important enough to waste a second thought.
 
I have plenty of off days. Depression probably largely due to chronic sleep deprivation is kicking my butt.

He doesn't dictate my daily routine, so he isn't really involved in how i deal with it except to support me when he's home.

I think the best place to start is to let him know how you're feeling, and see if he has any ideas or can offer help. The best advice i can give is to not look at your whole list on those days. Look at the next item, and focus on the first part of that task and see where you are from there. For example for me i decide to start emptying the dry dishes rack. I don't think about the dishes i need to wash next.
 
Last edited:
Will anyone still care about it next week if it's not done today?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

If the answer is 'No', it's just not important enough to waste a second thought.

In this case yes as they are packages that need to be mailed for Christmas.
~JJ
 
It's normal to have off days. I have days where I don't want to complete tasks/orders. Especially when everything else in life gets busy and hectic. I'm working on trying to talk to him about how I'm feeling without just pushing the tasks back and not doing them. Spun things had a good point. It helps me if I just do one at a time and go from there.
 
Yes, although mostly I tend to just keep going until I drop basically - I try not to let myself have off days, but I have finally started realising the importance of self-care.
 
The day I realised that it was OK to have an off day, even an off week, was the day I started to recover.

You can give yourself a break.
And you shouldn't castigate yourself for it.
 
Yup. Today I completely borked up on a meeting time, because I was too focussed on the anxiety of not finding the place and getting lost.
 
I've been generally lacking in energy lately but that's because I'm stressed at work and things are in a state of flux. I generally get through it by breaking things down. I'll do this and then put the kettle on. I'll get that done before I allow myself a cigarette. Breaking it down like that is useful for me, because then I'm not letting myself get overwhelmed by the prospect of yet another long arsed day.
 
If your not into it because your tired and stressed, (and Christmas is a stressful time of year) then your not into it.
Your not being a bad sub. Don't be forced into to it either, for I'm sure its a good way to kill your drive for it.
We do it for the pleasure it gives us both and the fun, but we don't do it all the time, most times, but not all the time. There are nights I'm up till the early hours working on assignments, and there is no chance in hell he can get me to do anything
 
I have been running for work nonstop this week, lots of deadlines all hitting at once. So today, the first properly calm day of the week, I feel like doing fuckall. It's feels nice though to be able to just settle in and not do much of anything. Right now I am waiting for my baby girl to get down with a work task of her own so we can spend the morning causing a little trouble, but I don't mind the wait. It lets me sort of zone out and maybe troll these forums. Nothing wrong with that.
 
If your not into it because your tired and stressed, (and Christmas is a stressful time of year) then your not into it.
Your not being a bad sub. Don't be forced into to it either, for I'm sure its a good way to kill your drive for it.
We do it for the pleasure it gives us both and the fun, but we don't do it all the time, most times, but not all the time. There are nights I'm up till the early hours working on assignments, and there is no chance in hell he can get me to do anything

It just odd because any other year I LOVE Christmas but I lost my dad and grandpa in March 4 days apart so it's hard this year. My Husband is helping by giving me tasks each day. Yesterday was finishing up the gifts to be shipped and the school goody bags (I have the food allergy kid so that always falls to me). Today is dividing the cookies and fudge into the containers to be shipped. Our presents can wait to be wrapped until next week. He doesn't like it when I leave things half done (the living room is a wrapping paper mess, my punishment for that is to watch an anime with him lol). So it's taken a lot of stress off me because all I have to do each day is what he tells me to.
 
Loosing the ones we love is hard, and so it compounds also on their birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions.

Although I dont know you I wish you and yours all the very best this Christmas and beyond. Remember your father and grandfather, and hold them in your heart with loving warm thoughts, and give your children the tightest squeeze, kiss them, and tell them their loved and cherished, and pass on the stories to them that you have of your father and grandfather. :rose:

I too am a lover of anime. Your husband sounds nice.
 
Back
Top