Rejected for silly reasons

Even simpler, pick out the part that is relevant to the story, and eliminate the rest. Is it relevant that it's an AOL address? Does the screen name matter? Is saying it's an old, not regularly used address enough?

If they're both relevant, that's fine, but any part that's simply trivia, you can get rid of it and save everyone the headache.
 
So I had a story kicked back to me about a month ago and I've been sitting on it trying to decide if I should re-submit it, or if I need to do anything else before I re-submit. The stated reason for the rejection was "Website and usernames are not allowed in the title, description or story."

The basic plot involved an online dating scam, but delved deeper into both the personal lives of the scammers on one end (a romantic married couple from Russia) and the victim (a lonely professional with rather kinky sexual tastes). There were no real people's names mentioned in the story, but I did mention the website that the ad was placed- it was not strictly a dating site, but rather, a well known e-commerce site which incidently has just been in the news for removing it's personal ad section. (sad sign of the times I guess.)

So, if I remove the mention of that specific website then will I be able to re-submit the story, or is it basically blacklisted? I'm not trying to criticize the rules but rather trying to comply with them and still be able to get the story posted.
 
So, if I remove the mention of that specific website then will I be able to re-submit the story, or is it basically blacklisted? I'm not trying to criticize the rules but rather trying to comply with them and still be able to get the story posted.

Just remove any url link to the website, and remove all .com references. If the text has nothing that resembles an actual link, you're ok.
 
Back
Top