Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even worse than being put on hold by the suicide hotline is how sad it now is that you can get a pizza delivered quicker than you can get a cop to your door. :(

Very true.
At least the boiler got going this morning on another bloody cold day.
But we're slated for more of it soon.
As long as it's not as bad as thqat place on PA. nigh-on 5ft in 24 hours or so. !

Very true.
At least the boiler got going this morning on another bloody cold day.
But we're slated for more of it soon.
As long as it's not as bad as thqat place on PA. nigh-on 5ft in 24 hours or so. !

There's no business like snow business ... :eek:

Good Morning any & all.

I walk carefully, regardless. Just not far !.
This morning features strong wind and clouds that scud.
I'm off to breakfast.

Three eggs scrambled. Hash browns. Two sausage patties. English muffin with strawberry jam. And keep the coffee coming, please. :)

Three eggs scrambled. Hash browns. Two sausage patties. English muffin with strawberry jam. And keep the coffee coming, please. :)

Very nearly.
two eggs, scrambled, on wholemeal toast.
And some half-decent coffee. . . .

'Eh up, we got decent weather . . . .

Last edited:
Vetry nearly.
two eggs, scrambled, on wholemeal toast.
And some half-decent coffee. . . .

'Eh up, we got decent weather . . . .

We did but it's dropping down into the twenties tonight and there's a 50/50 shot of snow flurries Tuesday and Wednesday. People in Florida can barely drive when it rains...snow of any type is a major catastrophe waiting to happen. :rolleyes:

We did but it's dropping down into the twenties tonight and there's a 50/50 shot of snow flurries Tuesday and Wednesday. People in Florida can barely drive when it rains...snow of any type is a major catastrophe waiting to happen. :rolleyes:

Drivers in London and its environs have difficulty driving in snow. A half-inch can bring the City to a halt.
Up further North (Yorkshire and so on), snow does not usually cause that much of a problem [they get to work quicker because they drive more carefully).

Drivers in London and its environs have difficulty driving in snow. A half-inch can bring the City to a halt.
Up further North (Yorkshire and so on), snow does not usually cause that much of a problem [they get to work quicker because they drive more carefully).

I always got a kick out of people talking about the worst traffic. Most will mention LA, NYC, or Boston. I would just grin and say, "You've obviously never ridden in a cab in Paris." :eek:

I always got a kick out of people talking about the worst traffic. Most will mention LA, NYC, or Boston. I would just grin and say, "You've obviously never ridden in a cab in Paris." :eek:

Or been an ancient British driver negotiating the Arc De Triumphe roundabout, the Champs Elysees or parking in Montmartre.

But I managed to work out how to drive my car INTO Versailles and around the gardens. It's actually cheaper than parking outside Versailles in the town.

Or been an ancient British driver negotiating the Arc De Triumphe roundabout, the Champs Elysees or parking in Montmartre.

But I managed to work out how to drive my car INTO Versailles and around the gardens. It's actually cheaper than parking outside Versailles in the town.

I'm told I managed to sleep through a trip round parts of the centre of Paris; (in a Mini), one night in the 60s. We were coming back from Leave to RAF Germany.

Meanwhile, storm 'Elenor' is causing a little bother. We are told to expecting 60 to 80-odd mph. Batten the hatches, lads, and put the kettle on.

I'm told I managed to sleep through a trip round parts of the centre of Paris; (in a Mini), one night in the 60s. We were coming back from Leave to RAF Germany.

Meanwhile, storm 'Elenor' is causing a little bother. We are told to expecting 60 to 80-odd mph. Batten the hatches, lads, and put the kettle on.

A driving experience that sticks in my mind was my first trip to Rome, back in the late '70s.

'Just worry about the front of the car,' my 'instructor' said. 'The guy behind you will worry about the back. Oh ... and keep one hand on the horn at all times.' :)

And good luck, HP. Head down.

A driving experience that sticks in my mind was my first trip to Rome, back in the late '70s.

'Just worry about the front of the car,' my 'instructor' said. 'The guy behind you will worry about the back. Oh ... and keep one hand on the horn at all times.' :)

And good luck, HP. Head down.

Thank you, Sam. :)
There are times when I feel slightly nervous on my local city roads.

You could always get your kicks on Route 66 :nana:

A geography lesson in a song: Wonderful.
I don't think it would work with a road like the English motorway M1.
It might work from Cairo to Cape Town though. . . .

Long, long ago, when I was in 4th grade in Brooklyn, The Lincoln Highway - Route 66, was the organizing theme of our Social Studies class. We started in New York in September, reached Chicago in time for Christmas Break, and then ended in Santa Monica in June. As we "drove" through each State, we learned its geography, politics, history, and economy. It was a good start for learning about the country.

Long, long ago, when I was in 4th grade in Brooklyn, The Lincoln Highway - Route 66, was the organizing theme of our Social Studies class. We started in New York in September, reached Chicago in time for Christmas Break, and then ended in Santa Monica in June. As we "drove" through each State, we learned its geography, politics, history, and economy. It was a good start for learning about the country.

What a bloody good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back