Etiquette

A

aardvark965

I have successfully (hopefully) used one of the editors from the site. I wish to thank them and acknowledge their support on my work when I resubmit it. I am sure read something somewhere on this but can't find the source! It feels wrong to ask them. Anyone give me some advice?
My initial thoughts memories are a generic , "I would like to thank my editor for their help, time and support" type phrase , but it seems impersonal and far more polite to credit them directly i.e. "I would like to thank my editor, Brandx editor, for their help, time and support"
thanks

I've run into the same problem.

My suggestion is to write out the entirety of your foreword (or wherever you are posting it) and send it to them asking if they have any objections.

For example:

Thanks for reading Of Sexy Mice and Men. I appreciate your taking the time and hope you enjoyed the story. Please feel free to leave any comments.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my editor, John Steinbeck. His work greatly improved the story.

My initial thoughts are a generic , "I would like to thank my editor for their help, time and support" type phrase , but it seems impersonal and far more polite to credit them directly i.e. "I would like to thank my editor, Brandx editor, for their help, time and support"
thanks

Most folk seem to credit their editors directly, unless of course your editor doesn't want that.

I have successfully (hopefully) used one of the editors from the site. I wish to thank them and acknowledge their support on my work when I resubmit it. I am sure read something somewhere on this but can't find the source! It feels wrong to ask them. Anyone give me some advice?

Make sure you clear it with your editor. Not everyone wants public recognition.

Back