The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, here are the Cloud cakes. (strawberry swirl buttercakes with ama-azing icing on.)

attachment.php

And I brought the bowl along for licking out, too ;)

attachment.php

:heart:

Attachments

• AH cakes.jpg
    AH cakes.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 27
  • AH cakebowl.jpg
    AH cakebowl.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 25
:( None of my posts are posting, the whole world is ignoring me. I'm going home to do marking.

Hey guys, here are the Cloud cakes. (strawberry swirl buttercakes with ama-azing icing on.)

attachment.php

And I brought the bowl along for licking out, too ;)

attachment.php

Oh those look like yummy cakes, Naoko. Dibbs on the bowl. *Licks lips*. Rolf, a Hoppy Bitch IPA followed by a Jack and Coke followed by a gin and tonic please.

Oh those look like yummy cakes, Naoko. Dibbs on the bowl. *Licks lips*. Rolf, a Hoppy Bitch IPA followed by a Jack and Coke followed by a gin and tonic please.

Oh dear, John. You're going to need a bit more than Cloud Cakes to soak that lot up! Anything particular lead to this binge?

Any chance of a real old-fashioned Fruit Cake ?
The sort so rich it only takes a small slice to fill you up ?
Full of Raisins, and Sultanas cherries and stuff ?

Despite my wife trying very hard, she never managed to make one quite like it.
God bless her soul.

Continuation from "Seldom Used words".

Naoko:
I often say that playing rugby was the best training I got for parenting. Running after someone and tackling them at the knees to bring them down remains a useful skill.

I had the impression at this sort of tackle was not used for some obscure reason

PS. This text was moved from "Seldom used words" as I think it's distracting to the purpose of that thread.

Continuation from "Seldom Used words".

Naoko:
I often say that playing rugby was the best training I got for parenting. Running after someone and tackling them at the knees to bring them down remains a useful skill.

I had the impression at this sort of tackle was not used for some obscure reason

PS. This text was moved from "Seldom used words" as I think it's distracting to the purpose of that thread.

Explanation of Rugby tackle rules:

Tackling is the only way of legally bringing down your opponent in rugby union.

But there are certain laws on how to tackle and if these are not adhered to, penalties will follow.

When you tackle an opponent, you cannot make contact above the shoulders. This is for safety reasons.

The referee will instantly give a penalty if he sees a high tackle, and a few stronger words may follow if the challenge is deemed dangerous.

Expect a yellow card and a spell in the sin-bin or a red card and instant dismissal for more serious offences.

Explanation of Rugby tackle rules:

Tackling is the only way of legally bringing down your opponent in rugby union.

But there are certain laws on how to tackle and if these are not adhered to, penalties will follow.

When you tackle an opponent, you cannot make contact above the shoulders. This is for safety reasons.

The referee will instantly give a penalty if he sees a high tackle, and a few stronger words may follow if the challenge is deemed dangerous.

Expect a yellow card and a spell in the sin-bin or a red card and instant dismissal for more serious offences.

Further explanation.

When you tackle someone, it's most effective if you hug them round the knees, as this prevents them moving their knees and kicking you off. You should seize them round the hips and slide down, tightening your grip. Put your head to the side of their legs you are pushing against, or they will fall on it and make your ears sing.

Of course fruit cakes will be forthcoming! I have to buy a good cake tin. I used to have a recipe for Bishops' bread, which had bits of chocolate as well as fruit and nuts in it! It was just the sort of thing you would expect Bishops to snork up. Or Popes - but not this one, apparently. I'm going to do an Isolated Blurt about the pope now which you two will enjoy. Then I'm going off to beddy-byes! I finally topped off my marking and after the long fun-filled day I've had, I am one shattered kitty-kat in kitten heels!

Olaf, a large Lagavulin to carry off and slurp in Isolated Blurt!

:rose:

Contrast to Naoko's cakes:

"Spotted Dick" recipe.
Not recommended for dieters! Suet might be difficult to source for US readers.

Ingredients:

100g fresh breadcrumbs
175g currants
75g self-raising flour
75 ml milk
75g shredded suet
50g caster sugar
finely grated rind of one lemon

A. Half fill a large saucepan or preserving pan (at least 20cm diameter) with water and put on to boil.

B. Put all the ingredients except the milk in a large bowl and stir well until mixed.

C. Add milk. Blend in well. Bring the mixture to a soft tacky dough.

D. Put dough on a clean floured surface and knead smooth. Make into a roll about 15cm long.

E. Put roll on a clean pudding cloth, or greaseproof paper or foil. Fold the edges together at the top, twisting the ends. Tie ends with string and attach both ends to a lifting loop.

F. Lower the roll into the pan of boiling water and boil for 2 hours.

G. Lift the roll out of the water using the string loop. Place on a wire rack over a plate to drain.

H. Cut the string and roll the pudding on to a warm plate. Cut into slices to serve with custard.

Mmmm, they look good.

It was quiet last night. My cakes are still here.

I'll put the Keurig on so Dragon can have a cup of coffee if he pops in.
:rose:

And, like a submarine on emergency surface, he does pop in: Good Morning one and all.

And, like a submarine on emergency surface, he does pop in: Good Morning one and all.

Darhlink! It is so quiet here this morning, it's like a story from Erotic Horror. :eek:. I'm glad to see you. :heart:. I'm cooking bacon and baked beans, would you like some?

Darhlink! It is so quiet here this morning, it's like a story from Erotic Horror. :eek:. I'm glad to see you. :heart:. I'm cooking bacon and baked beans, would you like some?

No beans for me thanks, sweetling. :rose:
But an egg or two would be more than welcome; on lightly-done toast with lashings of butter, please. (I still have trouble swallowing something with little liquid; the blighters don't tell you that ).

Heya, Handley.
I was in the GB earlier tonight. Amicus says hello ;)
Don't shoot the messenger.

Willy, I would not dream of it. Please give him my regards when next you see him. :)

I want the finest coffee available to mankind, and I want it here, and I want it now...

Morning all... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back