Runners unite?

Ran 7 miles yesterday getting ready for my first Marathon on Oct. 27th.
I did a half marathon last Feb.23rd, an Olympic triathlon in August, and some duathlons in between. I enjoy the running and the great core strength it brings. My wife loves the way it tones my butt and legs!
 
Nice Joe! Congrats on your first half! I did my first one June 1. My goal is to get my first marathon before 2015. Logged 3.5 miles today in gorgeous sunshine.
 
Wow, I'm so impressed, and a little intimidated. Runner here as well, but just starting to build up to 3 miles. :)
 
Former runner here, until I blew out my knee in high school. I can't make it more than a couple hundred feet, anymore. Still have to show my love though.
 
Normally 3-4 milrs is my max, I do enjoy running, jogging but, anything above 7-8 miles I lose interest ....but great little thread

T xxxx
 
Oh and just reading more into the thread, give me the miserable weather to run in any day, cold wet and raining for me, I struggle big time to run when its hot, I dont know how half of you people that live in hot states, countries do it ....running at night ??

T xxxx
 
I run at least 3 half marathonsof a year. I've also done a 200 mile team relay. Done for this year. Next up is a 25k in the Spring. Good to see some fellow running addicts on here!
 
Just started training for my eighth time running the largest half marathon in the U.S.
 
I did the Greath South Run in the UK two weeks ago, 10 miles in 90 minutes. Not a stunning time, but a PB for me.

Having a two week break before starting again for Half Marathon in March. Aiming for 1 hr 45 mins.
 
Wow, I'm so impressed, and a little intimidated. Runner here as well, but just starting to build up to 3 miles. :)

Don't be intimidated! Once you do it a few times you will see how easy it is...and so good for your core muscles and legs! You won't be able to keep the guys away from you! Welcome to the running club!
 
Don't be intimidated! Once you do it a few times you will see how easy it is...and so good for your core muscles and legs! You won't be able to keep the guys away from you! Welcome to the running club!

I agree with the good Doctor!

I have only been running a couple of years, and don't go as quick as others on here, but it is a good stress reliever, and a good way to burn off stress!!!

Go for it...you'll love it!
 
Oh and just reading more into the thread, give me the miserable weather to run in any day, cold wet and raining for me, I struggle big time to run when its hot, I dont know how half of you people that live in hot states, countries do it ....running at night ??

T xxxx

I love running in it all, the rain, the heat, the night, but my favorite is running as it is snowing, it is so quiet.
 
I love running in it all, the rain, the heat, the night, but my favorite is running as it is snowing, it is so quiet.

Good point. I will have to try again this winter.

I agree with the good Doctor!

I have only been running a couple of years, and don't go as quick as others on here, but it is a good stress reliever, and a good way to burn off stress!!!

Go for it...you'll love it!

I agree with jack! Go for it and Love it!
 
20km this morning

Mostly on trails along the river. Great run, even in the rain.
 
turkey trot!

Anyone else run this morning? Was a wonderful 25 degrees on the east coast. Ran at a 9:02 pace. Happy Thanksgiving all!
 
Hey guys! I did my first half marathon this year and am doing another in February. I never thought I could run but started very slowly and can go for miles. My knees aren't overly keen on the really long runs but I mainly stick to 6 miles and that's fine. Can't say I enjoy it but it helped me get my body back in shape and love the feeling once I've done it. :)
 
My run story

When I first started I weighed a lot closer to 300lbs than a healthy weight. I had never run before, in fact I held some pride in the rather creative ways I avoided running in high school and college. Then a doctor told me I couldn't run. Well kiss my Texas/Scottish hieny I'm going to run. (smartest Dr. Ever)

any whoo a couple of years later and I run, a lot. I have only done one race, but that is only because I really don't care. I just want to run, and not with people. I like the solitude, the constant rhythm that lulls my mind to someplace else.

I stopped counting the distance because it varies on my body and my mood. Sometimes i'm gone for two hours, other times 20min. I just go until either life says I have to be a grown up productive member of society, or my body says.... "dude you are about to puck in some random person's yard, might be time to back off."

I am now healthy. BMI healthy, still have High blood pressure. And I really don't want to put in the effort for a six pack. I mean If I can't eat cheese cake, drink scotch, and plate of bacon for dinner, wtf is the point?
 
A lot of distance guys and girls on this thread. I used to run several half-marathons a summer, but have recently gotten into sprinting.

I feel physically healthier since switching to sprint--distance left me feeling beat-up a lot of the time while sprint makes me feel energized. The real difference however has been in my mood. Distance running gives you time to consider the past and contemplate the future. In that way, one can find a lot of spirituality on the trails if you're looking for it. But all those hours alone with one's thoughts can be bad sometimes.

With sprinting I have found puts the focus on the present--you have to be in the moment to give your all. The world's worries melt away because there isn't time to think about them--and sometimes you feel like you're moving so fast they can't catch you anyway.

Anyway, something for my distance friends to consider if they're looking to vary up their program.
 
I agree with the good Doctor!

I have only been running a couple of years, and don't go as quick as others on here, but it is a good stress reliever, and a good way to burn off stress!!!

Go for it...you'll love it!

agree:)
 
Had a great 7 miles today! Love Sundays when you can have a beautiful run in the sun. Even if it is 45 degrees out haha
 
Im really trying to get into running. I have been doing at least a mile everyday for a few weeks now. Tomorrow Im going to go for 3 miles adn see how I do.
 
I was running 3 to 4 miles everyday over the summer, then got busy so that turned into 3 miles 3 days a week.

I haven't run in over a week now because of being sick. However tomorrow morning I am going for 3 miles before work. Trying to get back to at least 4-5 days a week.
 
Back
Top