CHYOO Busted! Every Chyoo thread contains only "sdffs" and its continuing problems

On an attempt to make an addition to another user's story, I was taken to a blank page rather than a submission form to start writing in. I don't believe I timed out, as I had only just logged in.

On a different story, I did successfully submit an additional thread. The site still appears a bit tetchy.

As I didn't want to feel like I was stacking posts, I decided to add this on:

I cannot be certain by myself, but I feel as if the search function on Chyoo might not be fully functional yet. Or does it only search titles?

Last edited:
SO there seem to be some random threads that don't work. They let you read them but then if you try to add to it or even click 'previous thread' it won't work.

I just tried to add to one of my own stories and I keep getting a blank screen and when I try to view pages through the story map it also gives me a blank screen. I can get to the pages by going through the actual story but trying the story map shortcut doesn't seem to work. I know that it is doing it on my Shadow Hunters story but I haven't tried the others just yet. I was hoping some progress had been made when I saw some updated stories but I still can't do much yet lol.

I just tried to add to one of my own stories and I keep getting a blank screen and when I try to view pages through the story map it also gives me a blank screen. I can get to the pages by going through the actual story but trying the story map shortcut doesn't seem to work. I know that it is doing it on my Shadow Hunters story but I haven't tried the others just yet. I was hoping some progress had been made when I saw some updated stories but I still can't do much yet lol.

Same problem here.

I've just figured out a way to add to threads that go blank when you add it.

1) Find thread in story map and click on it. (If you are unable to click on it you're screwed.

2) Go to the address bar and copy the LAST SIX digits of the URL.

3) Find a thread that enables you to add a subsequence thread to that story.

4) Go to the top and replace the current six digits for the six you copied earlier.

5) Highlight the whole URL and copy it

6) Open a new tab and paste the copied URL and press enter.

Then you will be able to add to the thread you want. If you know how to make more that six options on a thread its exactly the same way.

A way to use the storymap and another way to add threads

To use the storymap like normal:
1)Click on the story map so that it gives you that first page with the ok prompt. That takes you to the first page of the story.
2) Click on storymap.
3)Browse the storymap like you normally would. It shouldn't give you blank pages within that story after that.

To make an addition to a story:
1) Navigate to the thread you want to make an addition to
2) Select a pre-existing thread.
a) If there is only one thread it will already be selected.
b) If there is two or three threads you have to select one yourself
c) If there are no threads you cannot add a new thread (other than the method in the post above)

It seems you can also only rate a thread if it has a child.

Last edited:
Will someone do something about this or they won't give a shit about chyoo as always?

Will someone do something about this or they won't give a shit about chyoo as always?

They seem to be giving a steady indication of building a completely new site. That seems hopeful. Maybe Literotica will even mention it on their front page!

"They" aren't doing anything. The new site is being worked on by a group of us on the forums. We don't even know yet if we will be given access to the current database or if we'll have to perform a massive cut-paste operation to bring over the current data.

The new site is being worked on by a group of us on the forums. We don't even know yet if we will be given access to the current database or if we'll have to perform a massive cut-paste operation to bring over the current data.

Then that's who "they" refers to. That's how pronouns work.

Hm. You should probably make certain you /can/ do this before you expend a heap of effort to do so. If you weren't certain you were working on it already, you've certainly given an impression of certainty otherwise. You ought to be more careful about what you impress upon people.

Hm. You should probably make certain you /can/ do this before you expend a heap of effort to do so. If you weren't certain you were working on it already, you've certainly given an impression of certainty otherwise. You ought to be more careful about what you impress upon people.

Barring some catastrophe, we'll be getting a new CHYOO. The team is committed and it's in the makings as we speak. The only relevant question is whether or not it'll happen with Literotica's aid. If it happens with them, then the site we use at present will be overhauled and replaced, and the transfer of existing stories will be comparatively easy. If not (and this appears to be the course the team will need to chart), then a tedious, manual transfer will be performed, and the site will be hosted at a different URL while the current CHYOO retains its state and space, hopefully forced to update by the success of this project.

Barring some catastrophe, we'll be getting a new CHYOO. The team is committed and it's in the makings as we speak. The only relevant question is whether or not it'll happen with Literotica's aid. If it happens with them, then the site we use at present will be overhauled and replaced, and the transfer of existing stories will be comparatively easy. If not (and this appears to be the course the team will need to chart), then a tedious, manual transfer will be performed, and the site will be hosted at a different URL while the current CHYOO retains its state and space, hopefully forced to update by the success of this project.

That's a relief. Projects like this, especially online ones, can be difficult to start up and maintain, but given that there is a solid premise (CHYOO) to build upon, I don't think it's unreasonable for even cynics such as myself to permit a bit of faith. What with sites getting chewed up and dissolved thanks to corporations like Google these days, it's such a reprieve to find a site which caters to alternative needs. Wish I could offer more than just my moral support, since I'm little more than an impatient distraction. Sorry about that. :\

I can't add threads to my newly created story either :(

So any idea when this chyoo project might be done or when this site mite be fixed?

So any idea when this chyoo project might be done or when this site mite be fixed?

We expect to have a functional version in 1.5 weeks. Then, the test phase begins. It will probably be an open test. That is, anyone who wants to participate can register on the platform. I'll post the link to it here in the forum.

Nice!
Did you do a whole new implementation or It's a copy of the actual chyoo? I actually thought of doing the same thing myself several times but lacked the necessary expertise.

Anyway I saved my favourites with the scrapbook extension on firefox (starting from the "story map" and saving 1 hyperlink ahead) just in case :)..if anyone want to do a backup of his\her favourites to view offline that's one easy way.

Last edited:
Did you do a whole new implementation or It's a copy of the actual chyoo?

It's a completely rewritten code base. The only similar thing will be the content, the stories of many authors who contributed to the site.

Btw: We just figured out a way to make sure, in case we don't get access to the db, that all stories are correctly linked to the corresponding pseudonym/account. But I don't want to give more away, as we need to test this more intensely.

Back