The Darker Side of Nothing.

1millionsecrets

Uncredited Princess.
Joined
Oct 4, 2013
Posts
2,394
The Darker Side of Nothing. (Under construction.)

This is a fantasy based roleplay, anyone can be anything they please. Everything goes. You are allowed to make new regions as long as they are approved by me. This being said I would like very much so to lay down some simple ground rules:
1. Absolutely no God-modding.
2. My say goes in all un resolved disputes.
3. Anything goes. Make this as real as you possibly can.
4. No invincibilities.
5. Have fun and please follow these simple rules.

SETTING:
The main setting includes: The forest Joirne, The Tavern, The Lake, The Chrystal Mountains, The Golden City, The Dead Valley, and Angel's Meadow.

Tavern: The tavern is an old wooden building, lit dimly by candle light. The large wooden doors groan when opened. The bar is maintained by no one, but coin is required for drink. Anyone who does not pay, will have their meal or beverage turn to sand in heir mouth. This is enforced by an enchantment. There are 3 floors. The loft which includes 7 moderate rooms free of sleeping charges. The ground floor the tavern itself, includes 23 booths, 7 long benches, and 46 tables all lighted dimly by candle. All furniture of wooden and all factors are low hanging, perfect for perch. Windows (about 17) litter the wall unevenly, they big enough to climb through. The cellar is used to store various wines, beers, whiskeys, etc. Anything you want can and will be four there. The door is locked with no key or way to open it. Simply request a drink to exact specifications at the bar and it shall be granted to you.

The Forest: From the tavern leads a winding path to the forest. Trees surround the tavern as it is nestled in a small clearing. The trees are dense and thick, leaving good space to hide. Many creatures live here from deer to elk and squirrels. Pixies inhabit many mosses and sprites rule the trees. Goblins hunt all creatures and reside in the darkest sections. The trees tower stories above the multitude of worn dirt paths. They interlock and twine throughout the forest. Smaller trees and undergrowth litter the denser parts. Many and most character will inhabit the forest.

The Golden City: Just north of the tavern, through roughly 4 miles of forest lies a city of pure gold. It is ruled by a cruel king who cares none for the people who live there. The people are kind and honest, finding no reason to steal the walls the live in. They run the town smoothly by themselves with their small means. It holds anything and everything you could ever want to find. It makes a great home for those not interested in the rugged terrain.

The Lake: The crystal clear water rests east of the city and tavern through the forest. It stretched several miles in every direction and if fed by the runoff of the mountains growing above it. Its beaches are warm and sandy, and overhangs of grass and rock make perfect natural docks for fishing. All the animals of the forest drink here, and several small rivers and streams branch from it, keeping the forest surrounding hydrated. It contains a large multitude of fish and is home to mer-creatures.

The Mountains: The mountains overlook all of the land, from the deserts of the valley to he golden walls of the city. They climb high their peaks above the clouds. Creatures of cold reside here. Yeti, frost bites, smights. All ice based creatures.

The Dead Valley: This is a desert south of the forest, nothing lives here. It has cliffs all the way around, and unless flight is possible escape is impossible. This is a place of exile.

Angel's Meadow: This beautiful grassy land of flowers and rolling hills rests just a mile west of the tavern. A small sunny path leads you there. Bunnies, deer, squirrels, and groundhogs claim this safe haven home. This is neutral ground, and by enchantment any intent on doing any life form harm cannot pass its boundaries. This is breeding ground for many creatures.

For character creation please include:
Name:
Age:
Gender:
Species:
Abilities based on Species:
Bio:
Preferred Living Location:
Appearance:

Thank you and Enjoy Your Stay.:heart:

Characters:

Alendra Celeste
Elf
The Forest

Ivory Rose
Fury
Chrystal Mountains

Blithe Boughs
Incubi
The Golden City

Angus McCaffrey
Humanoid
(Currently) Tavern.
 
Last edited:
Name: Alendra Celeste
Age: Appears 20, is actually 150
Gender: Female
Species: Elf
Abilities based on Species: Spellcaster, archer, unable to lie directly
Bio: Alendra was born and raised in the forest by her father, one of the most powerful mages in the land. Unfortunately, one day he was killed in battle and she had to take up his mantle. Somewhat of a rogue among her people, since female elves often didn't possess magic, she lives in her own patch of the forest, only called upon when needed. She has never fallen in love and considers it a waste of her time, time she uses to learn new spells and keep her body active.
Preferred Living Location: The Forest
Appearance: Tall, lithe, fiery red hair, violet eyes, usually dressed in greens and browns, typically a tunic, breeches, and a short jerkin. She is often barefoot.

Alendra walked along the well worn path, on her way to the tavern. She usually headed there once a week to catch up on the gossip and sometimes she'd get an employer. Seen as a rogue among her people, she sometimes acts as a mercenary, especially when magic was involved. She wore a brown cloak, up and over her head to hide her elf-ears. Sometimes, her kind wasn't welcome where the tavern was, but it's where she did business. Most folk didn't mind her too much.

Walking in the tavern, she sat up on the bar and ordered the apple ale, setting down coin. The drink magically appeared like it always did and she drank, listening to the gossip that echoed throughout the tavern, wondering if her services would be employed.
 
Thank you for joining. I may be slow to respond as I am quite busy and have not even placed my own characters.
 
My characters

Name: Ivory Rose
Age: 24
Gender: Femme
Species: Fury
Abilities based on Species: Able to cause confusion, disorientation, amnesia, and insanity when a gaze is set and locked onto her glowing optics.
Bio: Ivory (Prefers Ivy) was raised by her mother and her four aunts. It is custom for Furie sisters to live in one home, or within a mile of each other. Ivory having been an only child, spent most of her time alone. At the age of 17 her mother grew illl and gradually slipped into her own insanity. This having been brought upon her by a mirror. Her sight became incontrollable and soon her sisters too lost their minds to her gaze. Ivory, having been warned not the enter her mother's chamber fled, leaving her family to die amongst themselves.
Preferred Living Location: In the cold stone caverns at the base of the mountain.
Appearance: Short standing only at 5'2", her body is curvy in proportion to her size. Her eyes are amber in color, except when branching madness into the mind of anyone who glances at her, then they glow crimson. She has long onyx black hair that lays in banana curls and soft alabaster skin. She is usually dressed in tiered gypsy skirts that rest in folds on the tops of her always bare feet. Around her torso soft silken garments usually just tied as a large sash. They hang loosely enough on her that they cover all but her lower back and her right shoulder/arm.

Name: Blithe Boughs
Age: 23
Gender: male
Species: Ibcubi
Abilities based on Species: Allure, stealth, the ability to steal dreams, control dreams, inhabit dreams, mind manipulation, and manifestation
Bio: Blithe was an accident. Born to a crack whore he was abandoned in the cold streets of the city. Deformed(marking the impregnation of his mother "unnatural) he was raised by hermits living under a small golden overpass. He fed on their dreams starting so young, food turned to ash in his four year old mouth. Nightmares caused fear of sleep for all humans around him and soon his deformities went unnoticed until they all together vanished. Having this lifestyle .. he holds a soft spot for the poor.
Preferred Living Location: Apartment 243 in the city.
Appearance: Blithe stands at 6'4" tall. His ice blue eyes contrast greatly to his dark brown hair. He has a handsome square jaw, and a dazzling smile. He is broad shouldered with muscular arms. The regular beef cake. A solemn expression can always be found on his face, and a crooked scar dances down his usually shirted chest. Though not very wealthy, he wears a tailored black suit at all times with a thin sky blue tie. His shiny leather shoes the most expensive thing he owns. They only costing $20. With a simple sweet word most of this valuables are handed to him.
 
Last edited:
Ivy walked silently along the lakeside. Her charming reflection faltered as a breeze unsettled the water. Her amber eyes flashed softly to the shade of pure crimson for just moments. Today her temper ran high.
After what seemed to her to be hours (only perhaps half of one) she found the path she treaded so many times before. A chill set in the air as she followed it, her mind reeling. Goosebumps covered her soft flesh as the same breeze that disturbed the water's surface before, now ruffled her skirt's lowest tier. She halted for a moment's time and wrapped her thin arms around herself for warmth. They the only she would find until she reached the tavern.



Blithe slipped through the gates of the city as they closed with a solid clink. In silence he cursed the ruler for harsh treatment, and decided to seek refuge at the only tavern for miles around. A few steps were taken before his form shimmered and fell in ash. Within seconds he manifest outside the door. Wanting to pretend to be normal he pushed the heavy wooden thing open. It groaned for a moment in protest but gave in to his force.
As he looked around he saw, and could smell, many humanoid folk. None of any interest caught his eye. So silently, as he did everything except intercourse, he made his way to the bar. Resting ten gold on its counter a room key manifested before him, along with a sickly sweet smelling liquor. "Ahh." His deep voice sounded just loud enough for few to hear. "Sweet ambrosia..."
 
Last edited:
NAME Angus McCaffrey.
AGE 25 years old.
SEX Male
NATIONALITY Scottish
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE 6'4'', 220lbs, Muscular, Complexion Tan, Black hair shoulder length, Eyes steel grey.
PERSONALITY Strong willed, Independent, Quite, Slow to anger but once riled slow to calm, Big hearted but guarded, Jovial after a few drinks.
HISTORY Orphaned as a baby never knowing his parents, adopted Blacksmith by name of Benjamin McCaffrey and his wife Genevieve. Considered lower class by many, his parents provided and raised a good honorable son. Although driven by a strong work ethic and loyalty to family, Angus always had an eye over the next hill and beyond. So after hot back breaking work for two months straight, his Father gave him the well earned opportunity to visit the Golden City. Mother fussing over her only son his with tearful eyes, his Father took him aside to advise and put coin in his pocket. Embracing his parents Angus set off on horseback for the Golden City, just when afternoon came a thunderstorms drove him off the road to take shelter. The only place available being an old abandoned shack, a good distance from the road yet he had little other choice. So after tying Jag got enough old dry peat to start a fire, he warms himself up and gets a little food in his belly quickly falls asleep. Awoken by a ferocious growl growl Angus bolts upright, only to be instantly attacked by a huge black wolf. Fending the savage beast of with his large hands around it powerful neck, it snapped it's great fanged saliva dripping jaws mere inches from Angus's throat. The bloodthirsty animal wrenches free and viciously tore into his shoulder painfully, a scream of pain and an almost inhuman effort Angus broke free of the beast hitting it with a heavy rock. This stuns the wolf long enough that he could make his escape, getting outside the shack to bar the door and sprint for the road. Chancing a terrified glance over his bloody shredded shoulder only to see the ungodly creature, literally explode through the shacks weathered door to chase Angus another half mile a disappeared with the dawn. Collapsing at the base of a giant gnarled oak passing out, sitting up from a fitful nightmare filled sleep grabbing his bloody yet undamaged shoulder. Not believing what his own eyes told him Angus rubs them hard, slowly opening his steel grey eyes the reveal his really was not out of his mind with madness. Rising to his feet he made his way back to the shack and washes the dried blood, taking his only shirt not ripped to shreds Angus gathers his belongings. Jag had returned only to shy away from him smelling the wolf, finally coaxing Jag to him and mount the stead again setting out once more for the Tavern. Angus would find it difficult to get this nightmare out of his mind, his thought going back the frightening fireside tales of Werewolves as he traveled on.

Little over a century later Angus would often wake from his sleep in a cold sweat, last night was another one of those horrible exhausting nights. After washing the sweat from his muscular body, reaching to rub his long ago ravaged shoulder feeling a phantom pain. Drying the water from his body slowly being there was no need to rush, pulling on his black pants and gray shirt fastening almost all the laces up. Sitting on the edge of the bedside pulls on his stockings on along with his black boots, standing tucks his shirttail in buckling his belt and runs a hand through his shoulder length hair. Grabbing his money pouch full of various coinage, putting his few essentials into his pockets he walked downstairs to the tavern. Making his way across the room for a meal as his stomach rumbled it's complaint, stepping past a few patrons. Angus nods with a slight smile acknowledged their greetings with his own, taking a seat at a nearby table a Scottish egg and chips with a pint of ale had appeared before him.
 
Last edited:
Ivory sighed elegantly when the tavern flickered to life in her dark eyes. A small smile grazed her full plum colored lips as she neared. The smell of a wood fire and fresh cooked meat filled her nostrils and she quickened her small steps.

Several minutes later her curvy form reached the tavern's door. With a gentle shove the thing (nearly twice her size) opened with ease. Stepping through the scent of cold and pine would fill the inside's air. Her smile turning sweetly coy as she made her way to the bar. There she found a femme and two males.

"Good day," her voice glinted softly as she slipped past them for something burningly bitter.



Blithe having no desire, or reason to acknowledge the charming little creature next to him, the larger man smelling of beast, or the cloaked femme smelling of pine, he slunk away to a small booth under a window. A light draft settled in and a chill left him. Refusing to shiver, he sat there stubbornly with his drink and key, alone.
 
Alendra sipped her apple ale, and set more coinage down so a meal of meat and cheese, a simple fare, appeared in front of her. As more people entered the tavern, her violet eyes darted around the room, sensing their energies, gauging whether or not they would be a threat. She tore off a piece of meat with her teeth, not caring about looking dainty.
 
Angus reached for his money pouch hanging from his belt, withdrawing the proper coinage for his meal. Casually glances to the petite female entering, he lifts his knife and fork commenced to hungrily eat his meal. Keen of ear and nose he needn't look at another to tell what they are, always the quite type Angus never one for conversation. Hopefully none would start one with him at this early hour, not being in the best temperament after the night he'd had.
 
Last edited:
Alendra sipped her apple ale, and set more coinage down so a meal of meat and cheese, a simple fare, appeared in front of her. As more people entered the tavern, her violet eyes darted around the room, sensing their energies, gauging whether or not they would be a threat. She tore off a piece of meat with her teeth, not caring about looking dainty.

Blithe's cool gaze would watch her cloaked form in silence. Raising the glass to his thin lips, the sweet liquid would slither across his tongue and down his throat. He studied her in silence, the way her body moved in aggression like that of a male. It disgusted and intrigued him to a point he found himself unable to turn away his prying eyes.
 
Her slender fingers would reach into the soft folds of her silken body wrap. Removing from it a ruby smaller than her thumb nail. She would rest its hard, shiny surface on the counter's top. Gently the gem would rock back and forth at a steady pace until something unseen smashed it into five pieces. One vanished as Ivory carefully collected the other four one by one.
Before her appeared a small sized glass with, proportionally, a deep bowl. This glass was filled nearly to the brim with a sweet smelling plum liquid. Next to the glass appeared a shimmering glass platter. In the middle of it a small, but heaping pile of seedless red cherries, stem still attached of course. Gathering her things carefully she rested four seats down from the large, rather intimidating man. Her small form nestled nearly nine or so seats away from the cloaked femme.
 
Alendra felt eyes on her, and she growled softly. She hoped she would pick up a fare or two, but no such luck tonight, at least, not that she saw.

Realizing no one was going to bug her tonight, she cautiously let down her hood, letting her elf ears show. She continued to eat her meal, wondering if she would be employed at all, and whether or not she should get a room.
 
Blithe's icy optics studied her beautifully pointed ears. Hearing the low growl a moment before they were exposed he turned after he saw them. His gaze rested on the window, not beyond it no... Simply on the glass itself. Gently, the index finger of his right hand rose, and began a quiet but relentless tapping on the old table's top.

Outside the wind whipped bitterly, and the first few splatters of rain hit against the window his gaze lingered on. Softly, as if absentmindedly, his voice trickled from his throat. "Rain's here..."
 
Lifting his tankard Angus took a deep drink of his ale, setting it back down on the table leans back in the chair. Understanding why others would want to avoid his kind, even after all these years it wasn't something he'd adjusted to. Muttering in an almost inaudible Scottish brogue, ''We aren't all bad Lass'' thinking nobodies listening anyway. Pushing his empty plate away it vanished with the coins beside it, tankard in his left hand he wipes his mouth with a kerchief. Rubbing the three days growth of heavy unshaven stubble upon his square jaw, a very low quite chuckle escapes his lips. Recalling the way Mum would tease he'd never get kisses from the lassies with all these whiskers Sonny boy.
 
She would lift her gaze slowly, her amber optics flickering weakly. As if some flame lay deep within her. Swearing she heard him speak, her plump lips would pull into a tired smile.
As the chuckle left him she would glance down, uncertain the source of his laughter. Silently she would drink her wine quickly, it slithering down her throat. As she placed the glass on the counter it would vanish.
Thinking to herself for a moment she would sigh. The quiescence of the tavern slowly dissolving around her to the point her ears rang.

"Be careful on the fourth step." Her surprisingly husky voice broke. It thick and sweet like fresh, warm honey. "I-if you stay I mean. Its weak, and a man your size could very possibly break it through..." She would have her gaze fixed on the cherries, a few stray locks of her hair falling into her angelic face.
 
She heard the rain and one of the men in the tavern speak, saying that the rain was here. "Sure is," she replied gruffly. She hated the rain and wished she was able to manipulate the weather like her father could. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. The eyes were no longer on her, but she still felt like she was being watched.
 
"Rain, rain go away." He started as his finger continued to tap rhythmically. "Come again some other day... All the world is waiting on the sun..."

Smiling softly, he would turn his gaze to the smaller of the two female's hearing her voice startled him at first. He not truly noticing her presence before.

"So... An elf?" He mocked softly as he lifted his drink slowly.
 
"Yes, do you have a problem with that?" Alendra asked softly, almost dangerously. She looked at him for the first time and her mental alarms went off as she recognized him as an Incubi. "I am Alendra, Mage of the 299 degree and daughter to Charlet, Mage of the 489 degree."
 
"I can't tell," He started jovially as he locked his gaze with hers. "If you're bragging, or just attempting to threaten me, Princess..."

A playfully devious smirk tickled his lips as the blueness of his irises seemed to intensify.

"Because, a threat is wasted if who it is aimed at is causing no harm... And bragging just makes you look pathetic." His right canine bit down tauntingly on his bottom lip as he stifled a snicker.
 
"Incubi," she hissed softly. "I do not mean to threaten nor brag, I merely stated who I am." Her aura glowed bright orange briefly displaying her annoyance.
 
"Tsk Tsk." He continued gently trying not rile her too greatly. "So short tempered too. You are a little fire ball aren't you darling...

His smile would soften, "And, why yes. I am of the race Incubi, but I refuse to feed on human flesh... I haunt dreams." He would rest back, "Perhaps I've harvested your own... Went unnoticed by you and all your keen ways."

He would sip from his jar once more, slowly waiting...
 
"Dream manipulation?" She couldn't help but be curious. "How fascinating and so. . . different from your species. Perhaps you are considered a rogue of sorts?"

She slightly bristled at the thought of him entering her dreams. She rarely did dream, because she rarely slept. She took another bite of meat.
 
Angus did a double take at the petite female as she spoke, it had caught him off guard so that his jaw went slack. ''Uhh...oh will do Lass...thank you for the for the warning bout the step.'' Frowning realizes he'd probaly looked like a dunder pated idiot a moment, probably sounded just as much like one to the others as well. Just what I need a rainstorm he thought, the jokes about wet dog smell should start any moment.
 
Back
Top