Danger and Diplomacy (closed)

She tugged her tunic down a bit. "Have you never seen a woman's limbs before? Elven women are no different than human ones." She sat on the bed and sipped more of the mead savoring the tang of honey on her tongue. She felt too awake to go back to sleep. Besides, elves didn't need much sleep to begin with.
 
Ark smiled, caught in his staring, "Well you simply have very nice limbs." He joined her on the bed, too awake and still too hot to think about sleeping yet. "I'm sure we will be able to get back to sleep soon enough." He whispered to her. "I'm glad you solved the heat problem though, I'm not sure how much longer we could have lasted."
 
"Thank you." Morwena said simply acknowledging the compliment. "It seems a strange trap. Perhaps it was just meant to make any intruders so uncomfortable that they would leave. Could we really have died in our sleep from getting overheated?" She finished off her mead.
 
Ark shook his head. "I don't think it only made the room hot, I think it made the people in the room hot as well. And people who are distracted by the flesh are much easier to be captured." Ark fanned himself a bit, "Hopefully that part will fade as well." He murmured. He noticed most of the drinks they had both finished off by now. The heat had made them both very thirsty. "But if a person were here and able to fed off the sex, eventually yes, dehydration would happen next. It is what happens in the desert."
 
She looked puzzled for a moment. "Oh? ... Oh!" The light dawned. "I was feeling a bit ..." She sat up straighter. "It is not usual for elves to feel this way." Her ears twitched a bit in agitation? Embarrassment?

She looked at him, "Captured? Do you think someone will come back here knowing we tripped the trap?" She moved to stand up. "Perhaps I should set some wards." She frowned again trying to remember what she had learned about magical creatures. "You think a succubus set the trap?"
 
"Well you seemed to fight it better than I did." Responded Ark. "I doubt it would be a succubus herself that would be here doing that charm, but a variation of her abilities." Ark had to think on it, "Unless it is really important, I doubt anyone will be arriving until the morning, the sex and the heat would probably be keeping anyone here busy for awhile. We should be able to sneak out long before then, so I doubt a ward would be necessary."
 
"Elves are resistant to many kinds of magic. And we are now in human lands. I expect whoever set the trap thought only of trapping humans. But for what purpose?" she shook her head. "I am sorry, I find this all very intriguing. I have not been beyond the Elven borders ever."

She nodded. "I defer to your judgment in these matters. We will leave before sunrise."

__________________
((OOC: I suppose in future you'll have to let me know if she blows a saving throw, I just didn't think she'd be so easily swayed into sex with him :) ))
 
OOC> No problem, I was going with your, if they have sex they are married concept and sex caused through magic might be the best way to get that to happen.


Ark let out a deep breath, as his body continued to cool down, "Although I'm not really sure if sleep will be coming anytime soon for me." He was still a man, and the spell's affect were slow, but only because he was in a bed with a half naked attractive elf, and such thoughts did not alleviate for cooling.

He did decide though to look out the window, "Sunrise won't be for a few more hours, sadly enough." He returned to the bed, sitting again. "So how much magic do you know?" He asked. As a ranger he has limited magic. But the concepts behind it did work well with a topic of conversation.
 
((OOC: I've been thinking that the longer Morwena is 'adventuring' and gets to know Ark better, that she will find him exotic, plus it may piss her father off. I'm thinking she's pretty much a teenage elf. So eventually, she can be coaxed, or she may even make the first move. Nothing like danger and adversity to turn a girl on.))


Morwena moved back on the bed and curled her legs under her. "That is rather a difficult question. I studied magic for some time. My father thought it important that all of his children had knowledge of magic and music. But it is all rather academic for me. I can do all the cantrips easily--I found them to be fun and useful when I was younger. Able to read in bed when I was supposed to be asleep by making an orb of light, that sort of thing."

"What about you? Do you know any magic?"
 
"I can do the occasional cantrip, but my training was more rushed than yours. So the higher levels of magical thought elude me. But out in the forest, I know enough to detect magic, start a fire, enough to get by."

Ark remembered his magic classes, he was never called inept, but he did leave much to be desired. There were no fireballs in his future. But as a ranger, he was more adept with weapons anyway. "So nothing as exciting as powerful magic, no fireballs or lightening bolts, but truly I do not need such spells."
 
"Until now." Morwena said a bit ruefully.

"I focused on learning spells that I found personally useful. Understanding languages, reading magic. I could summon us mounts tomorrow now that we have time for me to cast it. The tassel on my bag is made of horsehair." She shrugged, "I could cast a fireball if I had the components for it. I might have better luck with a lightning bolt. And there are always magic missiles." She smiled a little. "As you remember from the attack, I am not so good at offensive magic. I have no experience in battle."
 
Ark shook his head. "Honestly even if I could have cast such spells, they would have done us little good out there. There are reasons why even the best wizards have guards to protect them. Any spell like that and I would've been a target almost immediately." He thought about it, "Can you summon anything else for a mount?" He asked. "I'm afraid travelling through a forest won't work well for a horse."
 
"No, no other mount." She thought a moment. "I could cast a flying spell on both of us, but it would not last very long. I am sorry I am not more useful. It looks like we will be walking." She shifted and leaned back on the pillow. "Tell me why you joined the guards for my entourage?"
 
"My training was complete." Ark responded simply. "I had learned everything I could so I was journeying home before heading out to an outpost." He responded easily. He pauses, "It was supposed to be an easy salary, guard the coach, no one will bother all of us, nor will we be attacked with our numbers." He sighed softly, for even though the situation right now was funny, there were quite a lot of men who were lost earlier today.

"But now the mission has changed quite a lot. I need to get you someplace safe, and safe is a relative term." He pauses as he thinks on that, "Well not really, some place where people won't want to kill us would be the best definition for safe."
 
"You are correct. This is not the way things were supposed to happen. I can only think that someone is determined to stop this trade agreement. But why? To start another war between the elves and humans?"

"Do you have any ideas? Should we head back to elven lands or should we press on to the capitol?" She smiled at him, "At least with your skills we shan't get lost."
 
Ark thought about it but shook his head. "I've not been paying attention to any of the politics of the land. So I am unsure why anyone would want to stop a trade agreement." He thinks on what direction they should go, "We might want to continue on to the city. At least sneak in, it should be quite apperent if people are chatting about it, we should be able to hear rumors."

He chuckles at her joke, "very true, we shouldn't be lost."
 
"Some elves do not like to mix in the affairs of men however beneficial to us both. Some humans think the elves should just give them everything, by force if necessary. Some are simply afraid of change." Her ears quivered a bit as she shrugged.

"Once in the city, we can go to the guards and declare ourselves. Then we will be safe and under the king's protection once more." She put her hand on his arm, "I will see that you are paid for your service to me. I do not know what amount you had agreed upon, but I assure you, You will be properly compensated."
 
Ark nodded, "i thank you for that, but let us make sure you get to safety first." Ark stretches, his muscled body looking good in the light. "I think we should try to get back to sleep, so we can rise early in the morning."

OOC> If you have nothing more, you can advance us to morning
 
Morwena agreed. She fixed the bedclothes and climbed in. It took some time for her to get to sleep, luckily she didn't need much. Elves didn't. Between that and how long they lived, it was no wonder their knowledge of things vastly outstripped the humans'.

-----^---^---^-----​

Morwena woke a few hours later. Ark was still asleep. She moved quietly about the cabin collecting supplies and putting them in her bag. She used a mend spell to fashion the cut off part of her dress into breeches and dressed herself. Then she knelt by Ark on the floor and gently shook his shoulder. He was rather handsome for a human she thought not for the first time. She found him earthy and the planes of his face were pleasing if not as smooth and refined as elven features. Perhaps that was what she found attractive.

"I think it's time we get on our way."
 
Ark was dreaming. A hot and sensual dream where a female was on top of him, riding him passionately, being loud and screaming. But try as he wanted, he couldn't see her face, and as his shoulder was shaken, he eyes opened and he looked up at Morwena. He was able to simply nod, before finally getting up again, stretching his body.

He checked his own clothing, the heat last night was good for one thing and got his clothes dry. Within moments he was ready to go. "Yes, let's go, I would hate for whoever set that trap you show up while we are still here."

Outside it was still dark, the sun still low in the horizon. But Ark knew the direction he wanted to go. He pointed, "We continue that way, and it will be roundabout but it will get us to a different road which we can use to get to the city, it is there you can summon your horses."
 
Morwena was puzzled by Ark's discomfort when she woke him, but shrugged it off thinking he was probably someone not as his best upon waking.

She turned her back and fussed with her back as he dressed feeling her ears go warm. "Should I hide my ears? Or can I wait until we near the road?"

She didn't mind the darkness, she could see well enough. "Good. Good. Then lead on." After that she was happy with the pre-dawn quiet of the woods. It had been some time since she wandered in the wild. If only circumstances were different.
 
Ark shook his head at her hiding the ears, "for now we should be fine with you not hiding your ears. We won't run into anyone at all today... or at least I would hope not."

Once outside Ark checks the surroundings and then begins to hike in one direction. He looks back once more at the cabin and then checks that Morwena is following all right. After about an hour of walking, Ark calls for a stop and a rest. He lets out a deep breath as she takes a seat on a stump. "Slow walking," he says quietly. "But I doubt anyone is out here looking for us."
 
"Should we try and walk faster? Or do you mean I am being too slow?"
Morwena rummaged in her bag and pulled out a bottle of soft mead from the house and offered Ark a drink. "Too early to stop for food, I think."

She stretched out her legs, "I imagine we lost them at the river. Or at least I hope so. But they would have caught up with us by now if they hadn't, yes?"

She had been looking for berries as they walked to add to their supplies, but the trees were too dense to allow enough sun for them. Perhaps when the reached the road it would be better.
 
Ark shook his head, "No, walking through the dense forest and uneven ground is slow. But yes, so far all signs point to we lost any pursuit." After a few minutes of rest Ark stood back up, "We should probably get moving again."

Ark seemed to have an idea where he was going, while he didn't memorize the area, he had seen a map and knew enough about which way to go to get them there.

OOC> I'm thinking a random encounter, if you have a preference, go for it, else I will think of one.
 
((OOC: Random encounter is good. I can't think of anything just now. It's all yours.
:) ))


Morwena stood and brushed off her backside. "Let's see how much ground we can cover before we stop to eat."

She found Ark's confidence reassuring. Their continual movement also helped to keep her from panicking. The idea that someone wanted trade agreement stopped to the point of committing murder shook her to her core. She squared her shoulders and fell into step behind Ark.
 
Back
Top