Blond, Brunette, or Redhead?

I have to ask, since I seem to remember you calling me handsome at one point. I have absolutely zero of those qualities and I'm certainly not an older guy. :D

I actually don't know what you look like, so I think the use of "Handsome" was probably the same as my use of "Sweetheart" or "Sugar".
 
I'd have to assume that you don't see people's signatures, then, because I'm pretty sure at the time, I had a picture of myself in mine, so it was attached to every post I made. :D

This is what I look like if you care, though.
 
Last edited:
I'd have to assume that you don't see people's signatures, then, because I'm pretty sure at the time, I had a picture of myself in mine, so it was attached to every post I made. :D

This is what I look like if you care, though.

No, I have signatures turned off, it saves so much scrolling, it's ridiculous.

No, you certainly aren't Ethnic, are you, paleface? :D
 
That actually would have been very nice to know months ago, though, to put things in context. Maybe we could have even avoided the unfortunate incident. :D

Yeah, I'm mostly Irish/Italian. From what I heard, it caused quite a firestorm when the Italian Catholic married a poor, Irish Baptist, though.
 
Tall, slenderish with brown hair - long enouh to grab when kissing ;)

I seem to have a tendre for curly brown haired men, something boyishly charming about it that is very hard to resist.

Also, a slight weakness for wire framed glasses and a 5 o'clock shadow. Obviously the latter is only of optic interest. :rolleyes:

The only physical attribute relating to body and not face/head would be body hair. Which I really like to be curly, dark and abudante.

What else to say, geeks are cute. :)
 
Nice forearms, strong ones. It often is something I notice right away.

Eyes. Dark eyes especially in someone who looks AT YOU while you talk.

I take a second look when the fella has long dark hair too.
 
Would you settle for two out of three? I've got dark-ish hair and my posterior has a shape, not sure what that shape is but it's a shape ... ;)

Since shape is relative and can usually be adjusted, sure! Fair is fair since I only fit one of your criteria (brunette).

One of the things I find very interesting is how some people have that special something that others don't seem to have, and I'm not talking about any physical beauty, per say. The nape of the neck, for instance, I find some women to have very appealing napes, while most do not. Or hair, sure everybody's got it, but some really have nice hair.

Yep, I understand that. A few seasons back, I was fascinated with one of the male contestants on one of the dance shows I watch. Overall, he was not my type at all, but he had the yummiest lips I've ever seen on a man and I entertained quite a few fantasies of delivering a few sharp nips to them. :eek:
 
What catches my eye across a room is a great smile, or beautiful eyes. If I was in a bar that would be it, but if, say, you were observing someone working, I always get kinda hot over a guy with capable hands. lol. There is something about a man with strong coordinated hands LOL. I wonder why...?
 
I'm not attracted to anyone very thin or unhealthily overweight. I also dislike too much grooming. Guys with complicated looking face fuzz, carefully sculpted hair, shaved/waxed bodyparts and so on just turn me right off. Of course it's attractive for a man to have good personal hygiene, take pride in his appearance and be well presented but there are limits and my tolerance for androgynous looking metrosexuals is very low. Also, a bit of muscletone is attractive I'm not into overly ripped guys. I guess it's all about moderation.

A large chunk of attraction for me is attitude as well. Guys who attract me are comfortable in their own skin, self assured. I'm not drawn to shy guys and neediness and desperation are huge turn offs. Having said that, a self assured man's arrogance has to be moderated. I'm not attracted to men who are assholes. Assholes and dominants are two very different breeds of men.

You pretty much said it all! Exactly how I feel!:D
 
In this order...

I don't discriminate, but love reds. Blond and brunette second.
 
I don't like brown, orange or gray hair much because they're kind of bleh in-the-middle colors. I like the extremes: black, yellow-blond, Irish red, and white-blond. Dyed blue or green or purple is cool too. But what's most important to me is that the hair is long. I guess I have a mild fetish for it - if a guy's hair is shorter than jaw length I probably don't find him attractive, while guys with shoulder length or longer hair get major bonus points in my evaluation of their attractiveness. On the other hand facial hair gets major negative points, not my cup of tea at all. :p

Other than that I like pale slender guys, mostly. Not that I won't look if a tall, muscular, tanned guy with short ginger hair walks by without a shirt on, that's just not my favorite type. Guess I'm the total opposite of Fuckmeat and Luna Bella, lol.
 
Along the same lines as the original question:

Do you appreciate an attractive person regardless of ethnicity? Is the person still attractive even if it's not someone you'd consider dating, ethnicity-wise?

To me, when I see a beautiful woman, I see a beautiful woman, not ethnicity. As far as dating goes, I've only been with caucasian women, though I would consider other ethnicities if we were compatible on more than the superficial level that has been the focus of this discussion.
 
;) Love ya Baila :rose:

Aww! :eek:

I guess I'm an odd duck, but I don't mind gray hair on a gent, as long as his hair is reasonably styled and cut to suit his face and frame. Just because a person is gaining more salt than pepper doesn't mean one has to let one's appearance go. I know we are speaking primarily about the menfolk, but one "celebrity" who totally rocks the gray (IMO) is Paula Deen.

Along the same lines as the original question:

Do you appreciate an attractive person regardless of ethnicity? Is the person still attractive even if it's not someone you'd consider dating, ethnicity-wise?

Ethnicity plays no factor one way or another as to whether or not someone is attractive to me, nor would it preclude me from dating someone (if I was on the market, that is). I might have some concerns regarding culture clash (as some cultures have very "traditional" views regarding the rights and roles of women), but once compatibility in that area was determined, I wouldn't give ethnicity a second thought.
 
Just in case you're wondering, I prefer brunettes (though this is not a requisite ), and if there was any question about the body part, I would be a breast man. :D[/QUOTE]
Never would have guessed you to be breast man...lol

I need something masculine in every crush or attraction I've ever had. Broad shoulders, over 6 foot, strong jaw, hairy chest, muscular thighs, something that is manly. I do appreciate the pretty boy, but my thoughts do not linger on the GQ model. With a rare exception here or there all the men have been tall and dark-haired, but I'm short, so that is rather easy to accomplish :0
 
I know we are speaking primarily about the menfolk, but one "celebrity" who totally rocks the gray (IMO) is Paula Deen.

I'll have to Google the name, I'm not familiar with it. Hair color was mentioned earlier, and like you, specific colors don't matter to me, even though I've got my preferences. What is attractive is "beautiful" hair. Speaking of gray hair, I've always though Helouise (the queen of clean ) had beautiful gray hair.

Ethnicity plays no factor one way or another as to whether or not someone is attractive to me, nor would it preclude me from dating someone (if I was on the market, that is). I might have some concerns regarding culture clash (as some cultures have very "traditional" views regarding the rights and roles of women), but once compatibility in that area was determined, I wouldn't give ethnicity a second thought.

This is my concern as well when we start getting past the superficial level of first attractions. I am not into all the pomp and circumstance that so many ethnicities revel in. I'm more of a straight shooter, drop the crap and dramas already. ;):D



Never would have guessed you to be breast man...lol

That's because I hide it so well. ;):D
 
No other opinions? Bummer. :(

Oh well, thank you everyone for your input, it's been informative. :cool:
 
Along the same lines as the original question:

Do you appreciate an attractive person regardless of ethnicity? Is the person still attractive even if it's not someone you'd consider dating, ethnicity-wise?

Yes and yes.
I can think of many different guys who I thought were attractive, but am not normally attracted to 'that type' (eg I'm not normally attracted to asian men, but know two who I think are very handsome)

Having said that, I go back to my original statement; I need more than looks to be attracted. I can't think of ANY time at all when I've looked accross the room and thought "he's cute". It just doesn't happen! It's only after getting to know someone that I find them attractive. It really is! I just think back to all of the guys who I have dated and (obviously) found attractive; all totally different in looks/body type. If I were more interested in looks, I'd probably have been married by now. Alas, it takes longer to get to know someone on the inside than it does to look on the outside.
:rolleyes:
 
Regarding physical attributes only, I like:

Beautiful quality hair on a man. Doesn't matter what color or style. I don't like bald or balding.

A sexy voice is imperative and is a trait that can make a man who isn't that sexy otherwise much more appealing to me.

Beautiful eyes. Blue eyes are cool but color doesn't really matter.

I don't like super hairy bodies. The smoother, the better.

I do not like tattoos, for the most part.

Other than that, the whole package of a man, including the clothes he wears that tells me what kind of things he is into or what his life/philosophies are like, that's what tends to stand out to me. I love computer geeks, musicians, the sensitive, literate, introspective and the artsy. I don't like jocks at all or people who are into money, are vain about their appearance and are obviously materialistic. You can glean an impression of this from the clothes and hairstyles of a man. So, I tend to look at the big picture of a man, his total presentation, rather than just individual parts.

Regarding ethnicities, I have always found Native American/American Indian men to be sexy looking in general.
 
sorry for the duplicates

.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Having said that, I go back to my original statement; I need more than looks to be attracted.

We "package" people always do.



Other than that, the whole package of a man, including the clothes he wears that tells me what kind of things he is into or what his life/philosophies are like, that's what tends to stand out to me. ... You can glean an impression of this from the clothes and hairstyles of a man. So, I tend to look at the big picture of a man, his total presentation, rather than just individual parts.

I agree, and this is a yardstick that I use frequently as well. I've seen more than one "beautiful" person in my life - both male and female - only to have that beauty shattered when they open their mouth and their pent up ugly spews forth.
 
Last edited:
I like men with substance. Love long hair, but also like a shaved head. I really like a warm smile...
 
Back
Top