JL New Wave: The Challengers from Beyond! (IC)

Boy of Blue, Eyes of Sapphire, Heart of Ice?

Blue staggered down the hall along a pathway of beaten copper etched with tiny veins of cobalt. The walls were twilight hued ceramic tiles. He went through a place filled with turning cogs, followed by a white tiled subway stop, then past an Olympic sized swimming pool complete with twenty foot high diving boards. He went through several different studies, one lined with only blue books, another filled with maps, and the third with ink and quills lying next to thousands of unfinished scrolls upon small desks with even smaller stools. There was even a cobbler's workbench from the Middle Ages with hammer and nails, leather and soles, all haphazardly dropped as if the cobbler's family had had to leave in an hurry during the middle of the day.

The unheard prompts always just out of earshot beckoning him onward was not that startling. Blue found himself being thrown in with beings of unusual intelligence often. If it wasn't the Magic Mirror or the head of Frankenstein, it was a semi-sentient cloak and bipolar sword. He paused often in his sojourn to rest a hand upon the wall, reorienting himself but also to get used to the touch of this new place.

He had a headache and was still buzzing from the beers, so large tracks of the journey were hazy in his mind. He had a well honed sense of both time and space from years wandering magical forests and enchanted meadows looking for lost sheep, but all that was short circuited. But it was soothing to walk largely alone with minimal distractions or looks. Just him, his cloak, and the phone booth.

Make yourself at home, the empathic resonances seemed to suggest.

Quite unexpectedly, Blue came across a well-appointed bedroom with an adjoining bathroom and mini-launderette that more than likely hadn't been in that exact spot until right before Blue wandered up to it. In the bedroom upon a table were meats, cheeses, and vegetables fresh from the galley, and several jugs of water.

Blue grunted gratitude and patted the wall like he might the head of a dog.

He stripped off his clothes and let his cloak go. The cloak didn't fall to the ground, it just stood there in defiance of gravity. The clothes were another story, and they carried many stories with them. His boots were covered in dirt and grime from at least two different worlds, but it could have been more depending on were the last set of sheep had come from. His pants and shirt were soaked with ale from a hundred different taverns.

He stood beneath scolding hot water in the shower and let it carry away the years and his thoughts. The heat pressed into his skin and massaged weary muscles. The steam had a hint of eucalyptus, which tingled his lungs. There was an apothecary's assortment of soaps and lotions to choose from. Despite or in spite of the loss of his latest lover, he jerked off twice.

There was even a proper toothbrush in the sink and toothpaste with an odd blue and silver label with an iconography he couldn't make out. None of which stopped him from brushing off months of grime and neglect from his mouth. It was good to be clean.

She had too much hope, perhaps that was the best word to use, to ever speak a word of his declining state of hygiene. She'd accepted him however he was when he showed up. She'd never spoken of his quest or his failures. They'd make out and nestle in each other's arms for hours in the longest foreplay Blue had ever had the pleasure of partaking in his long life. Now standing before the table of food and water, he found himself crying again for being so shitty to her in her darkest hour. He cold have been more for her while she was alive.

Childlike Empress said:
She smiled. "There's your optimism. It's a start." Somehow she escaped his hold on her and slipped away. One moment she was there in his arms, her presence reassuring and eternal, radiant and warm. Then she was gone over the side and falling away from him towards their final enemy.

Blue pinched the bridge of his nose and winced against a new wave of tears bubbling and bleeding from beneath his eye lids. The felt like molten lava, burning their way across his face. He wavered and then caught himself on the back of one of the chairs.

"I can't sleep until we've had the wake." He knelt then and patted the floor. "You understand that, don't you?" He pressed his temple to the floor and let memories of not just the Childlike Empress but all of his friends and love ones now gone. He got lost in them and their grief, but he found his way back. He always did.

He whistled and the cloak leapt through the air and settled about his back again. From its depths, he withdrew one of the few outfits that were still in perfect immaculate condition. He laid out his blue dragon scale tunic. The matching gloves, pants, and boots. All the purest sapphire blue. To this he added his blue mask. He stepped back for a moment and just looked at them.

Childlike Empress said:
She laid a hand upon his elbow and squeezed. It wasn't much, but it was enough to get his attention. "I am going to buy you a few more moments to think of something."

He looked around at the room. Nodding to himself, he put on his old vigilante outfit. It felt right. He whirled, sweeping his cloak off his shoulders and catching the entire table and platter of food. They all disappeared into its infinite depths. He added the chair on a second pass. Then he alighted the cloak back upon his shoulders.

He was still hungover, but he set back out in search of a proper place to host a wake.
 
"Superman" dove into the shattering blaze of heat that stormed up from Jon's eyes, plowed down into it like a ship turning into a wave, like a fish swimming up a waterfall...

...his skin sizzled, reddened, popped, blistered, but he was healing almost as fast as he burned...

...sparks jumped off of his teeth, flickered in his cheeks as he grinned a sadistic, delighted grin.

Instead of kicking Jon down into the mountain, he landed in front of the hybrid, grabbed him by the face with both hands, as though ready to snap off his head like a bottlecap.

"I killed Opti-Man, Chibi Superman," he grinned, even as his uniform ignited and crisped around him, "brought Superdoomsday to heel, and what I did to the utopian Perfect Universe of Earth-15, what I did to Volthoom-- but you're the only one to ever actually cause me pain. That's something, you little shit. But it's not going to save you."

"It just means I'm going to give that pain back as I fucking kill you."

And then-- like crushing coal into diamond-- like crushing white-dwarf matter beyond The Chandrasekhar Limit-- he began to squeeze Jon's skull. Hard enough to pop Jon's eyeballs out of their sockets, hard enough to wring his brain out through his nostrils...

Jon could feel the pressure on his head. At first he tried to block it out by just focusing all of his anger into his heat vision. But then the pain from what the "Madman's" vice-grip on head was growing intensely. He could feel himself starting to black out from the pain. "No... I can't give in." he told himself then he started to add the pain he was feeling. Not just his physical pain, but the pain of having watched his mother die. The pain that he might not be able to stop this... thing from destroying his father's name. "If you think.... I caused you pain... you ain't seen nothing yet!" he let out with a roar. Then he finally just let everything go of all his hate, all his love, all his strength, in fact all his power as it eruppted from every cell in his body.

flare001_zpsfizybkrw.png


flare002_zpsf1pwbujn.jpg


bujam9yj8ejw84vdzmhh.png
 
Last edited:
Telepathic Ambulatory Residence Delving Into Subconscious.

“Telepathy? Interface? Ship?”

“You talking matrix stuff? Blending my brain and you techno marvel?” Whoa. That was a bit different. Was that even possible? It was alien tech though. Would the telepathy be both ways? Could he read the ships mind? That would be a bit trippy. Wouldn’t it? Kyle didn’t do drugs. Not heavier than caffeine anyways.

As for going back, he wasn’t. Earth sucked. So unless the lady tried to plant his ugly ass on a world even worse than Earth, he wasn’t going back. Not now, not later, not ever. “Or is this more of a Robocop type blending? Terminator? Sarah Connor was hot.”

There were a lot of worse Earths than Earth-33.

Earth-15 had been about as perfect as one could get before-- well.

The Doctor had it well in mind to put Kyle right back on the safest Earth she could find, and that was the mundanity of Earth-33, she didn't want his death on her conscience. But of course she wouldn't do anything to Kyle against his will. His will was important.

"Sarah Connor was hot," she admitted easily. "I don't even need to know if you meant Hamilton, Headey, or Clarke, they're all gorgeous. I still think they should get Hamilton on Game of Thrones before it's over so that they can get The Sarah Connor Trifecta."

Setting the tablet aside for now, she gazed at Kyle quietly.

"The shift ship is alive. As much biology as technology. She's sentient, with a mind that inhabits 5-Dimensional space, capable of observing the flatland of three and four dimensions the way one of us might gaze down at a piece of paper. But because her mind is 5-Dimensional, it would be extremely dangerous for her mind to intersect with yours with any degree of depth, you'd quickly lose any scant sanity you've got left. She's all right with surface thoughts, she can project impressions into your mind and you can project impressions into hers, but the deep stuff, stuff you don't even know you've thought of yet... I'd need to buffer that."

"I wouldn't be Cuisinarting your consciousness with hers, not really. Just connecting you over Bluetooth, or wifi, metaphorically speaking, and I'm the wifi router. I promise to be very gentle with your subconscious, and not go anywhere you don't want-- and anyway, Doctor-patient confidentiality, yeah?"

"Would you be all right with that?"
 
The Authority Respects Deities In Stride.

He was still hungover, but he set back out in search of a proper place to host a wake.

The Doctor was a superheroine.

And she was an adventurer.

But she was also the tribal shaman for every human being on her Earth.

And so of course there was a chapel.

A quiet little place. A few rows of pews, a raised dais at the front. Humble and wooden.

Lovely stained glass windows streaming through with natural light, though of course there was no way those windows could be facing an outside.

A little bit nondenominational, a little bit Universalist, it was stocked with Scriptures of nearly every faith under the Sun of Earth-14, including the one from Mars. There was even a book of comparative theology written by an angel named Zauriel, well-thumbed with a lot of bookmarks.

And when Blue found it, there would be a table at the front. In case, as in keeping with certain traditions, he wanted to eat and drink and remember.
 
my ass is gonna be grass...

"I wouldn't be Cuisinarting your consciousness with hers, not really. Just connecting you over Bluetooth, or wifi, metaphorically speaking, and I'm the wifi router. I promise to be very gentle with your subconscious, and not go anywhere you don't want-- and anyway, Doctor-patient confidentiality, yeah?"

<Trifecta,> Kyle though. <What a three way that would be.>

"Would you be all right with that?"

“Yeah, I guess.” Kyle replied looking up at her, trying not to think about her gorgeous voice and eyes. “If I think anything… umm. Bad.. don’t hold it against me. ‘Kay?”

He was gonna think bad thoughts. Very bad thoughts. How couldn’t he think bad naked body thoughts. She was.. hot. Beyond hot, she was a living volcano of hotness. God he was already thinking bad thoughts and she hadn’t done anything yet. Had she? Was she even now listening to him ramble and lust in his head?
 
Curse of the Replacement Supermen.

Jon could feel the pressure on his head. At first he tried to block it out by just focusing all of his anger into his heat vision. But then the pain from what the "Madman's" vice-grip on head was growing intensely. He could feel himself starting to black out from the pain. "No... I can't give in." he told himself then he started to add the pain he was feeling. Not just his physical pain, but the pain of having watched his mother die. The pain that he might not be able to stop this... thing from destroying his father's name. "If you think.... I caused you pain... you ain't seen nothing yet!" he let out with a roar. Then he finally just let everything go of all his hate, all his love, all his strength, in fact all his power as it eruppted from every cell in his body.

Once upon a time.

Far, far, far away from here.

There was a world called Krypton.

And two scientists, a husband and his wife, Jor- and Lara-El, teleported their infant son to a distant blue-green planet before a massive solar flare from their red sun Rao consumed their world and seared it clean of all life.

Perhaps unexpectedly, this made the boy who came from that world vulnerable to solar flares, just one on a very short list of things that could hurt him.

And thus when Jonathan Samuel Kent unleashed the full measure of his solaric reserves, the full measure of his cathartic fury in this flare of an attack, the Kal-El of that particular Krypton screamed in unexpected agony--

--his eyes going wide--

--he'd never--

--ever--

--hurt this badly--

--his skin burned--

--white hot heat--

--his mouth opened wide in a silent scream and his throat filled up with fire--

--he landed in Lake Baikal, miles away, in the center of this giant inland sea, and it erupted in a column of steam....

--the pain hadn't stopped yet--

--he started screaming again, there underwater, as much rage and fury and bloodlust for this half-breed bastard Son of Krypton as it was infernal excrucitation, and even underwater people would be able to hear him dozens of miles away.

The top of the mountain was gone, blown off as though it had exploded into a volcanic crater. The dust would take weeks to settle and would blanket a hundred miles of Siberian countryside.

"Superman" was already healing. Of course he was.

But he had been burned right down to the muscle on close to 90% of his body and even for him all that tissue was going to take time to grow back.

Which gave Jon a reprieve.

Maybe all of a minute.
 
That's a Real Deep Invitation, Son.

“Yeah, I guess.” Kyle replied looking up at her, trying not to think about her gorgeous voice and eyes. “If I think anything… umm. Bad.. don’t hold it against me. ‘Kay?”

"Of course," The Doctor promised him. "I'm a professional."

He was gonna think bad thoughts. Very bad thoughts. How couldn’t he think bad naked body thoughts. She was.. hot. Beyond hot, she was a living volcano of hotness. God he was already thinking bad thoughts and she hadn’t done anything yet. Had she? Was she even now listening to him ramble and lust in his head?

...well, not so professional that she wouldn't blush and grin at that.

Of course she could hear those thoughts, he was thinking them so loudly! She could see them, come to that. The long slow sweet makeout in the shower there in the top right corner of his subcortical neural network, somewhere between the hippocampus and the amygdala, oh, that actually seemed quite nice, it had been ages since she'd had a chance to kiss someone in the shower, or in a warm spring rain.

God, he was pretty. Even thinking hormone-soaked caveman thoughts, the dunce, he was so beautiful, inside and out. He had no idea of the potential of the courage in his heart and the visions that grew like weeds in his brain.

"Take a breath, okay?" she murmured, reaching up with both hands and touching fingertips to his temples and his cheeks, not unlike a certain Vulcan mind-meld and its katra points. "In and out. Nice and slow. Any thoughts you don't want me to see, picture them behind a door, and I won't look, I promise. And I'll, ah... try to do the same for you."

And then-- contact.

There was a distinct sensation of downspin as she swirled the tendrils of her own mental abilities down amongst the dendrites of his brain, searching around-- maybe in the occipital lobe, maybe it was something more in his reptilian hindbrain--

--and all the while the shift-ship's mind was nearby and present and palpable, like a pale warm blue light, waiting to see what Jamie found.
 
"Take a breath, okay?" she murmured, reaching up with both hands and touching fingertips to his temples and his cheeks, not unlike a certain Vulcan mind-meld and its katra points. "In and out. Nice and slow. Any thoughts you don't want me to see, picture them behind a door, and I won't look, I promise. And I'll, ah... try to do the same for you."

Bad words!!!! In and out!! Nice and Slooooowwww!!!

Gods he could feel her scent in his nose, taste her fingers touching his skull. Feel their bodies sliding together between silken sheets made of clouds as they became one being. Beautiful in her nakedness, perfect in her touching. Her cries of passion muffled by his lips on hers.

Oh GoDDDD!!!! DOOOR

DOOOR

DOORRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck the door.. he needed NORAD to seal that thought away as alarms sounded in his skull, slowly closing that imagery away. Closed. Sealed tight as Fort Knox behind that solid steel nuclear proof door. That had a painting of a very naked Doctor Jamie on it.

FUCKKKKK!!!!!!!

Gender Bend er… Yes. Gender Bend her into him. The image slowly shifted into one very handsome man with eyes as old as Time. Wisdom beyond Space and a passionate caring for humanity that Transended Time and all of it’s relativistic dimensions in space.

Fuck Doctor James was just as Hot as Jamie.

And then-- contact.

There was a distinct sensation of downspin as she swirled the tendrils of her own mental abilities down amongst the dendrites of his brain, searching around-- maybe in the occipital lobe, maybe it was something more in his reptilian hindbrain--

--and all the while the shift-ship's mind was nearby and present and palpable, like a pale warm blue light, waiting to see what Jamie found.

It was like looking through a window… He could see.. things.. people. Shapes. Colored sound. Whispering stone.

A girl with multi-colored hair and a blonde beauty were laying naked on a floor. Living room. A pair of jeans partially covered the television. Shards of glass was everywhere. A sonic blast from a low flying jet?

Everything turned over and made his stomach feel like the inside of a blender.

A world burned. Statues fell. Dragon entwined fell burning to shatter on the ground. A girl screamed. White creatures ripped and tore smashing smaller green ones to death.

Doctor Lector was using tweezers inside his skull.. fava beans and chianti…

A pale goth beauty with an Ankh whispered into another girls ear… Water cascading down their bodies as an orgy filled the room around them. But they didn’t seem to notice. They had eyes – and everything else – only for each other.

The Tall man was stalking him with one of his shimmer balls.

A forest world.

Lived and thrived and WAS so GREEN!!!!!!

Reality ripping itself inside out and making falsehood from truth and truth was a lie.

Two titans of speed, power, strength, and FIRE glared at each other.

And the world burned.

The explosion erased life from that spot for decades to come.

The world burned.

And there was nothingness.

In the beginning was the bang. The presence of everything. In the end…

Nothing.

But now was NOT the time for nothing.
 
My gift is my horn, but these blues are for me and mine.

Blue walked through the chapel, ignoring the books. He walked up to the raised dais. He withdrew one of the chairs that he'd placed into his cloak and set to the right of the table. Next, he took the Vorpal Sword out; it quivered in his hands. He felt the rage and hatred rolling off it. He raised it to his lips, closing his eyes for a moment. Then he drove it down through the chair until the tip just pricked the raised dais. His back was to the entrance and the empty pews. He took a few steps back.

He withdrew the other chair and put it to the left. Upon this he set the five rough hewn sheep figurines that Pyornkrachzark had made for him. Blue shook his head, "Always thinking about your own failings instead of others. Always worrying about your friends instead of your own life." Blue rubbed at his eyes but no tears came, he wan't sure if he had any more left. He clapped three times and they started shambling around the plane of the chair. Every now and then one would raise its head and open its mouth to pleat, but nothing would come out because it didn't breath air. They weren't alive, just the remains of living rock, but not living really. Each was a different shade and striation of color.

Finally, he removed the remains of the Childlike Empress' vast, infinite empire. This dais was only three feet and semicircular. It floated in space where he put it, which was low enough to the ground that he could perch on it.

He put out all the food from his bedroom, but added to it the only keg of the water downed ale so common in his homeland, it was their equivalent to the Mundy's obsession with Coke. He took a haunch of mutton ate in silence. He kept eating until he'd devoured the bread and cakes, fruits and vegetables, and sausages and ham bone. His stomach was bloated and distended, but he wasn't eating for himself. He was eating for the dead.
When he was done he sat in silence some more. He'd never been a charismatic or eloquent man, and here now as one of the last two entities of his homeland, he didn't feel compelled to start being either. Besides, he was more than a little worried about going crazy. Instead after enough silence had passed, he withdrew the Horn of Gabriel. It was longer than he was used to playing with, but it was comforting in his hands in a way the Vorpal Sword had never been.

His music wasn't urgent nor exactly hopeful like it had been when he called out to the heavens and the Doctor answered. The expanding front of sound wasn't infinite like it could it. The windows didn't shatter; the stone didn't break. Instead he did with his music what he couldn't do with his words or deeds. His songs were chaotic and improvised, deep and brassy. They played with depression but offered hope as well. He played the blues, letting his heart ache and heal.
 
Once upon a time.

Far, far, far away from here.

There was a world called Krypton.

And two scientists, a husband and his wife, Jor- and Lara-El, teleported their infant son to a distant blue-green planet before a massive solar flare from their red sun Rao consumed their world and seared it clean of all life.

Perhaps unexpectedly, this made the boy who came from that world vulnerable to solar flares, just one on a very short list of things that could hurt him.

And thus when Jonathan Samuel Kent unleashed the full measure of his solaric reserves, the full measure of his cathartic fury in this flare of an attack, the Kal-El of that particular Krypton screamed in unexpected agony--

--his eyes going wide--

--he'd never--

--ever--

--hurt this badly--

--his skin burned--

--white hot heat--

--his mouth opened wide in a silent scream and his throat filled up with fire--

--he landed in Lake Baikal, miles away, in the center of this giant inland sea, and it erupted in a column of steam....

--the pain hadn't stopped yet--

--he started screaming again, there underwater, as much rage and fury and bloodlust for this half-breed bastard Son of Krypton as it was infernal excrucitation, and even underwater people would be able to hear him dozens of miles away.

The top of the mountain was gone, blown off as though it had exploded into a volcanic crater. The dust would take weeks to settle and would blanket a hundred miles of Siberian countryside.

"Superman" was already healing. Of course he was.

But he had been burned right down to the muscle on close to 90% of his body and even for him all that tissue was going to take time to grow back.

Which gave Jon a reprieve.

Maybe all of a minute.

When the light finally faded a huge creator had been formed where the blast had been initiated. At the center of the creator there was some movement as the red and blue form struggled to get up. His muscles felt as if the were screaming out in pain as he fought to stand up. But standup he did even though his legs felt as if they were rubber bands at that moment. He looked around as best as he could he didn't see anyone including the "madman". Granted in his conditition the furtherest he could see was maybe a couple of miles. He was completely depleted of his solar energy. It would take him at least 24 hours, or more to get back to full power. Hopefully he'd have that time to recover.
 
Enemy Manifest.

When the light finally faded a huge creator had been formed where the blast had been initiated. At the center of the creator there was some movement as the red and blue form struggled to get up. His muscles felt as if the were screaming out in pain as he fought to stand up. But standup he did even though his legs felt as if they were rubber bands at that moment. He looked around as best as he could he didn't see anyone including the "madman". Granted in his conditition the furtherest he could see was maybe a couple of miles. He was completely depleted of his solar energy. It would take him at least 24 hours, or more to get back to full power. Hopefully he'd have that time to recover.

...and then those hopes would be dashed as with a roar of absolute fury, "Superman" exploded back up from the steam-bath that Lake Baikal had become.

His clothing was tattered, hanging together by scraps.

His hands curled to fists at his sides and the crack of his knuckles sounded like a thunderstorm.

And with a blur of speed that defied comprehension and quantification, he suddenly appeared in the billowing dust before Jon Kent.

"YOU. STUPID. LITTLE. INSECT."

"I'M THE REAL SUPERMAN. I AM. THE ONLY REAL SUPERMAN. I'LL DELETE YOU ALL, THEN YOU'LL SEE! I'LL PUNCH YOU SO HARD THE RETCON'LL MAKE IT SO YOU WERE NEVER BORN!"
 
Last edited:
Tantalizing Aneurysmic Romance, Disaster Interrupting Search.

Bad words!!!! In and out!! Nice and Slooooowwww!!!

Gods he could feel her scent in his nose, taste her fingers touching his skull. Feel their bodies sliding together between silken sheets made of clouds as they became one being. Beautiful in her nakedness, perfect in her touching. Her cries of passion muffled by his lips on hers.

She bit her lip, and turned a little pinker. Her breath quickened in her chest.

That... one position actually looked like... a lot of fun.

Oh GoDDDD!!!! DOOOR

DOOOR

DOORRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck the door.. he needed NORAD to seal that thought away as alarms sounded in his skull, slowly closing that imagery away. Closed. Sealed tight as Fort Knox behind that solid steel nuclear proof door. That had a painting of a very naked Doctor Jamie on it.

FUCKKKKK!!!!!!!

Eyes closed, she still arched an eyebrow.

A... pretty good likeness. She wondered if he had imagined her bare back, that it would show the mole she had between her shoulder-blades.

Of course, from an artist of his caliber, a visionary, she imagined his ability to picture people naked would be second to none. Sexual fantasies as vivid as he could conjure, it's a wonder he wasn't even more of a horndog...

Gender Bend er… Yes. Gender Bend her into him. The image slowly shifted into one very handsome man with eyes as old as Time. Wisdom beyond Space and a passionate caring for humanity that Transended Time and all of it’s relativistic dimensions in space.

Fuck Doctor James was just as Hot as Jamie.

...he was a bit taller, and had a few more freckles, and that spiky hair...

...she wished she had that much control over her hairstyling...

...but she'd heard of this, that apparently there was some sort of male counterpart to her running around on Earth-24, origins wreathed in mystery, he seemed to have existed before he was born, like he'd been written into that universe somehow...

...an echo of the universe that predated this Multiverse...

...he was cute, though, this James "Jamie" David Hamilton.

But then full deeper contact was made, and it was like stepping through a Looking Glass.

It was like looking through a window… He could see.. things.. people. Shapes. Colored sound. Whispering stone.

A girl with multi-colored hair and a blonde beauty were laying naked on a floor. Living room. A pair of jeans partially covered the television. Shards of glass was everywhere. A sonic blast from a low flying jet?

Earth-1.

A Martian/Human hybrid loving a Kryptonian. Now there's a ship I didn't see coming. Sweet, though, I hope they make it.


A world burned. Statues fell. Dragon entwined fell burning to shatter on the ground. A girl screamed. White creatures ripped and tore smashing smaller green ones to death.

A memory of Earth-2 swept up with one of Mars-1? How curious.

Doctor Lector was using tweezers inside his skull.. fava beans and chianti…

Hello, Clarice.

A pale goth beauty with an Ankh whispered into another girls ear… Water cascading down their bodies as an orgy filled the room around them. But they didn’t seem to notice. They had eyes – and everything else – only for each other.

Earth-1 again. Oh, it's good that comics creators are paying attention to non-het ships... it's interesting that he can find this romantic and erotic without fetishizing lesbianism...

Merciful Buddha, that's hot, though.

Tragic and lovely and sexy as Hell.

Brief lives and the loves that outlive them.


The Tall man was stalking him with one of his shimmer balls.

A forest world.

Lived and thrived and WAS so GREEN!!!!!!

Reality ripping itself inside out and making falsehood from truth and truth was a lie.

Two titans of speed, power, strength, and FIRE glared at each other.

And the world burned.

The explosion erased life from that spot for decades to come.

The world burned.

And there was nothingness.

In the beginning was the bang. The presence of everything. In the end…

Nothing.

But now was NOT the time for nothing.

There it is!

Earth-0. Earth-"Prime."

And neither of these Supermen are precisely native to it. That's the one. That's the one right there.


And she reached into Kyle's mind and took a hold of that memory, that engram... took hold of it between finger and thumb, and flicked it up into the air in their shared katra-space... it turned over and over and over and then slowed to a stop... hovering...

...and The Doctor narrowed her eyes and applied her temporal sense, her ability to slow time, rewind it...

...rewound...

...the figure that fought Jon Kent had punched his way across The Multiverse, punching holes in reality, beyond the possibility of the possible...

...and he had found a Great Darkness that had fanned his madness like a flame, turned his growing psychoses into a perfect storm of rage and envy and wrath and fear and misery...

...that boy had grown into a man under the tutelage of The Master of The Great Darkness and had become a beknighted pawn in The Great Darkness' Multiversal offensive...

...The Doctor couldn't focus on that now, on his secret origin, she had to find his whole path, where he had come from, all the damage he had done, so she could perhaps undo it...

...unballed that marble of memory and stretched it out into a string so that the shift-ship could trace the timeline from beginning to end, from past to present to...

...her eyes snapped open wide, her hands dropping from Kyle's head, her mind withdrawing from his mind, their shared mindscape winking out like a TV getting unplugged.

"NO! NO! You daft thing! You daft, stupid, twit of a thing!"

She whirled away, sprinted to The Console, looking panicked and paler almost than when she'd first clapped eyes upon The Dark Martian.

"I wanted you to find him, not go to him!"

VWORRP.
VWORRP.
VWORRP.
 
...and then those hopes would be dashed as with a roar of absolute fury, "Superman" exploded back up from the steam-bath that Lake Baikal had become.

His clothing was tattered, hanging together by scraps.

His hands curled to fists at his sides and the crack of his knuckles sounded like a thunderstorm.

And with a blur of speed that defied comprehension and quantification, he suddenly appeared in the billowing dust before Jon Kent.

"YOU. STUPID. LITTLE. INSECT."

"I'M THE REAL SUPERMAN. I AM. THE ONLY REAL SUPERMAN. I'LL DELETE YOU ALL, THEN YOU'LL SEE! I'LL PUNCH YOU SO HARD THE RETCON'LL MAKE IT SO YOU WERE NEVER BORN!"

"Oh yeah?!" he said with a unusual smile on his face. "If I'm such a little insect how come my clothes haven't even been singed yet." he taunted. "Come on imposter... show me what you got." he said with a motion of his hand. But he knew he had nothing to back that up with.
 
Tricks and Ratbastardly Dickish Infantile Snarking.

"Oh yeah?!" he said with a unusual smile on his face. "If I'm such a little insect how come my clothes haven't even been singed yet." he taunted. "Come on imposter... show me what you got." he said with a motion of his hand. But he knew he had nothing to back that up with.

"YOU'RE THE IMPOSTER! YOU'RE THE KNOCKOFF! I'M THE PRIME! I'M SUPERB-- SUPERMAN PRIME!"

And he exploded towards Jon with a fist cocked and physics shattering around him--

--in less than an instant, his fist would be in Jon's face and Jon's brain would be bursting out of the back of his skull--

--but the instant expanded, extended, streeeeeeeeetched--

--everything crawwwwwwled into slooooooow mooooootion--

VWORRP.
VWORRP.
VWORRP.

The shift-ship shivered into existence--

--the doors slammed open--

--and The Doctor bounded out of the doors with a grim fury on her beautiful face, one palm flung out in front of her--

"EXPELLIARMUS!" she roared, and red flashed around them like the stoplight at the end of the world--

"AHHHHH! THAT BURNED!" "Prime" roared, staggering backwards, looking startled, looking angry, looking afraid--

"What. Did you do to me? You bitch!"

The Doctor smirked tightly, on edge, on tiptoes on the lip of an unfathomable abyss. "Converted your forward kinetic energy into pure red sunlight. And you had a lot of kinetic energy. Had a drastic effect on the population of Maine lobster on Earth-14 this year, but hopefully the Portland economy will recover."

She fired a quick look at Jon. "Get on the ship, Jon. In the Blue Box. Now!"

"So you can hurt me," Prime snarled, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, sauntering, circling, gauging this new enemy, "doesn't mean you can stop me."

The Doctor curled her fists at her side, and they crackled with eldritch witchfire.

"I have a lot of tricks, Clark. My sleeves are bigger on the inside."

And she unleashed that storm of magic energy-- blasted Prime with both hands, both barrels--

--Prime sneered--

--stepped through the magic onslaught like it was a light breeze and threw a blurring knife-hand strike into the center of The Doctor's chest, his fingers lodging there, halfway deep into where her sternum used to be--

The Doctor's eyes bulged.

Blood seeped over her lower lip and ran down over her chin.

She sputtered in disbelief, and flecks of that blood puffed into the cold, dusty Siberian air.

Prime smirked. "I don't like magic. It tickles."
 
Will the Real Superman please stand up?

Wakes were for the living, but Blue wasn't sure if he...Blue shook his head and lowered the horn. He hadn't been aware of the ship's movements, but he was aware that the ship wasn't moving now. Something had changed. The ship shifted? He rose with the Vorpal Sword in his hand.

He shifted with the ship, like rolling with the punches. He flitting not by the current geographic configuration of the ship's internals, but instead he followed a path back through his memories. It took a moment, popping into a room, getting his orientation in his mind as much as the space, and then disappearing into the cloak again.

He arrived just at the front door slammed open and the Doctor bounded out with the gleeful determination of a Labrador oft to retrieve a fallen duck. She flung an actual red sun or she conjured one or it burst all around them.

Blue crept forward. He was invisible, as he didn't want to risk a confrontation with the green-eyed monster. He'd forgotten the guy's name in the haze of his arrival and the wake of his recovery, but he could never forgot the man's eyes.

It was amazing how casually the Doctor switched between different spells and casting styles. Blue had observed Frau Totenkinder and the other witches of the Thirteenth Floor on many occasions. They each had their own style. There was something distinctive almost singular in their approaches to the occult. Even Baba Yoga had used blood and flesh in ways that reviled but were no less unmistakeable. The Doctor cut across all spectrum of manner and modes. It was awe inspiring watching her work.

From transmutation of kinetic energy into red sunlight, she moved deftly to witchfire. The intensity of the conjuration scared Blue. It was only then that he really focused on her enemy. He couldn't process it at first. His eyes skipped away and found another gosh darn superman. Jon? Clark?

Clarity came when Clark Kent put his fingers into the Doctor's sternum. Total. Crystal. Clarity. He loved superman. It was one of his favorite comic books. He talked shop with Frog and P about it for years, debating the minutiae and continuity of the many adventures of the world's greatest, truest representation of truth and justice.

The Doctor and Clark said:
The Doctor's eyes bulged. Blood seeped over her lower lip and ran down over her chin. She sputtered in disbelief, and flecks of that blood puffed into the cold, dusty Siberian air.

Clark smirked. "I don't like magic. It tickles."

The soldier in him plotted a course. He couldn't move the man of steel. He couldn't harm a god. But maybe, just maybe he could buy Kyle, Jon, and The Doctor a few moments of reprieve. And who knew, maybe more.

From being invisible at the doorway of the ship, Blue disappeared into the cloak and the cloak responded to Blue's commands. The real superman appeared three feet to the right of where Clark Prime was with his hand in the Doctor's Sternum. The real superman was resplendent in his golden age simplicity. A six and a half foot man, awash in blue and red in their most simplistic and primal color range. There was even a small curl around his hair; hair so black it was nearly blue. The illusion solidified with a fidelity only possible by emulating the envy and rage of Clark Prime's every deranged fantasy and dark nightmare. Blue embodied the illusion with panache.

"You are a coward, boy," Blue said in a deep, resounding baritone whose twang was entirely midwestern. He drove the emphasis on boy in the same way southerners used to love to twist that simple word to demean slaves and then people of color decades after slavery was abolished.

"You attack a girl?"

Blue's eyes glittered with brilliant energy as the solar energy he always day dreamed wielding welled up in his eyes. The air around him ignited in a heat haze the bent the light. He could only hope that this Clark Prime would take the bait, release The Doctor and try to blast Blue's head off. Blue had his hood up, so that would help, but he wasn't entirely sure for how long. If it came to it, he had always wondered if the inside of the Cloak could absorb and hide away energy weapons. It had been the sort of lazy Sunday afternoon debate he'd often had with Frog or P as they drunk a milk shake or walked down to the park.

"Pathetic."

The light was blinding as it burst out of the real superman's eyes. The range of the cloak wasn't more than twenty or thirty feet, a range that was never the same, but never the less there was a range. Hopefully Clark Prime reacted with that terrible, faster than a speeding bullet reaction time that always seemed so badass in the comics. A reaction time that would hopefully eclipse the range of the illusion.
 
Last edited:
All You Other Supermen Are Just Imitating.

The real superman appeared three feet to the right of where Clark Prime was with his hand in the Doctor's Sternum. The real superman was resplendent in his golden age simplicity. A six and a half foot man, awash in blue and red in their most simplistic and primal color range. There was even a small curl around his hair; hair so black it was nearly blue.

It wasn't George Reeves. It wasn't Christopher Reeve. It wasn't Kirk Allyn. It wasn't an Alex Ross painting brought to impossible life. It was... for all intense intents and purposeful purposes... Superman.

The effect on Prime was instant and electric. He stiffened, paled, his eyes wide. Not unlike Thomas coming face to face with a resurrected Savior. "Wh-what? It-- it c-can't be you!"

"You are a coward, boy," Blue said in a deep, resounding baritone whose twang was entirely midwestern. He drove the emphasis on boy in the same way southerners used to love to twist that simple word to demean slaves and then people of color decades after slavery was abolished.

"I'm not scared!" Prime retorted instantly. "I'm not scared, and I'm not a b-boy!"

"You attack a girl?"

As though caught with his hand in a cookie jar, Prime jerked his fingers out of The Doctor's chest and she dropped like a rag doll to the cratered mountain rock. "She attacked me first!"

She should have been dead, her heart pulped in an instant, but still she clung to life, her fingers twitching, her eyes half-rolling back, her voice a near-inaudible rasp... "Fly, you fools..."

Blue's eyes glittered with brilliant energy as the solar energy he always day dreamed wielding welled up in his eyes. The air around him ignited in a heat haze the bent the light.

"Pathetic."

"Duh-don't call me nuh-names!" Prime roared, his own eyes flaring like twin Raos in his face.

The light was blinding as it burst out of the real superman's eyes. The range of the cloak wasn't more than twenty or thirty feet, a range that was never the same, but never the less there was a range. Hopefully Clark Prime reacted with that terrible, faster than a speeding bullet reaction time that always seemed so badass in the comics. A reaction time that would hopefully eclipse the range of the illusion.

And so he did, twin scorch-rays of radiant heat storming from his pupils--

"I don't care how much like The Golden Age Superman you look! You're not real! Not even you, not even him! I'm the only real Superman! I'm the only one from the really real world!"

And, just as he had done through the clashing heat visions of himself and Jon Kent, he swung hard for the impostor "Real" Superman and drove a punch at blinding, incomprehensible speed for "Big" Blue's chest.

Of course, when he hit it, he hit the impassable barrier that was The Witching Cloak-- and if The Cloak could keep out The Nothing, a creature that consumed whole (un?)realities, so too could it keep out a being who could punch his way in and out of universes. Well, at least for one hit. Maybe two.

So for a hiccup heartbeat record-scratch instant, it looked like Prime had punched "Real Superman"'s chest full-force... to zero effect.

Prime took a step back, staring at the anachronism, staring at the archetype, unable to believe that he'd met a Superman purer, more powerful than himself...

...but then his face contorted, and he stared at the knuckles of his hand, flexed his fist. "Wait. Something doesn't feel right. My knuckles... tingle? Tickle?"

His teeth clenched into a grim gritted fault line. His wild-yonder eyes locked onto the "Real" Superman with a quickness and a vengeance. "MAGIC."
 
She should have been dead, her heart pulped in an instant, but still she clung to life, her fingers twitching, her eyes half-rolling back, her voice a near-inaudible rasp... "Fly, you fools..."

He wouldn’t run. Hell he couldn’t run. Not away anyways. Instead he ran. Straight forwards. To her.

Running forward he collected her in his arms and stood up. She could kick and scream if she wanted, but he wasn’t gonna put her down and run away. That wasn’t the kind of man he was. Watching as two men with super abilities fought he carried Doctor Jamie back to her ship. Her big Blue Box.
 
"Secret Crowds."

He wouldn’t run. Hell he couldn’t run. Not away anyways. Instead he ran. Straight forwards. To her.

Running forward he collected her in his arms and stood up. She could kick and scream if she wanted, but he wasn’t gonna put her down and run away. That wasn’t the kind of man he was. Watching as two men with super abilities fought he carried Doctor Jamie back to her ship. Her big Blue Box.

She didn't kick, she didn't scream, Jamie didn't have the strength. Instead, she reached up with fingertips bloodied from her own throbbing chest wound, and she grazed his adorable cheekbone, smudging the red on his face.

Scarcely conscious, she smiled a wobbly, exasperated smile at him.

"Are you asking me to dance?"
 
She didn't kick, she didn't scream, Jamie didn't have the strength. Instead, she reached up with fingertips bloodied from her own throbbing chest wound, and she grazed his adorable cheekbone, smudging the red on his face.

Scarcely conscious, she smiled a wobbly, exasperated smile at him.

"Are you asking me to dance?"

“Absolutely, as soon as you can wrap your arms around my neck. And have your feet on top of mine, while we dance. Sciencey girls turn me on.” He whispered in her very cute ear as they entered her Box.

God, she had a nasty hole in her chest, and he knew zilch about being a medic. Or a surgeon. Yeah, she needed a surgeon. “So I don’t suppose you have an autodoc or anything like that on board do you? Or do I need to run you to a hospital?”
 
"I've got a girl that kick their ass like River from Serenity."

“Absolutely, as soon as you can wrap your arms around my neck. And have your feet on top of mine, while we dance. Sciencey girls turn me on.” He whispered in her very cute ear as they entered her Box.

"'Nerd girl I don't deserve you,'" The Doctor sang woozily, cheerfully to herself, severe blood loss making her loopy as Hell, "'I don't get the references you refer to...'"

“So I don’t suppose you have an autodoc or anything like that on board do you? Or do I need to run you to a hospital?”

"'Autodoc?'" she blinked up at him. "'Hospital?'"

"You are so... very pretty. But you're daft as a brush."

"I'm the Doctor. The definite article."

And an orange glow started to suffuse her body like a sunrise sky pouring out of her pores.

"okay, ow... you... you might want to sit back for this."
 
Last edited:
The Doctor's in the cradle with the green son, Little Boy Blue and the man on the run

The blow heard all around the world said:
And, just as he had done through the clashing heat visions of himself and Jon Kent, he swung hard for the impostor "Real" Superman and drove a punch at blinding, incomprehensible speed for "Big" Blue's chest.

Of course, when he hit it, he hit the impassable barrier that was The Witching Cloak-- and if The Cloak could keep out The Nothing, a creature that consumed whole (un?)realities, so too could it keep out a being who could punch his way in and out of universes. Well, at least for one hit. Maybe two.

So for a hiccup heartbeat record-scratch instant, it looked like Prime had punched "Real Superman"'s chest full-force... to zero effect.

His whole body ached. The cloak had dissipated a directed, kinetic energy shape charge equal to the detonation of a nuclear missile. The cloak hurt. A small portion had been passed onto the dragon scales, the absorbed and dealt with most of that, but even so they could only do so much. An even smaller portion continued on to rattle every molecular and shake loose every connection in his body. That coupled with the solar laser beams from Prime's eyes was beginning to take its toll. A price he was now going into debt to pay. The lasers at least the cloak could manipulate, twist and bend and weave back into an ever stronger more potent illusion. The beams Blue fired back had become realistic.

Blue hoped the Doctor had been able to fly away. He didn't dare let his concentration slip. He didn't matter anyway. He was here to help the Doctor pick up someone else better, stronger, and more suited to saving whatever she needed saving. No one mourned the pawn being taken off the board when it made its heroic march across the chessboard; they always cheered the emergence of a harder hitting piece like the knight or the rook. Superman-boy was definitely that guy, just as soon as he recovered.

Disbelief takes many forms said:
Prime took a step back, staring at the anachronism, staring at the archetype, unable to believe that he'd met a Superman purer, more powerful than himself...

...but then his face contorted, and he stared at the knuckles of his hand, flexed his fist. "Wait. Something doesn't feel right. My knuckles... tingle? Tickle?"

Prime was too fast and could attack before Blue's neurons could process the after image. But Prime looked away, down at his own fists in the wake of his failed attack. Prime wasted time by talking. Prime gave Blue more precious seconds, seconds that Blue didn't squander by gloating. There was only one or two moves left before he was taken off the board. He only hoped that it was enough to let the others escape.

Blue urged the cloak to shift the real superman up into the air, so that the image was hovering four feet off the ground. The arctic air caused the blue cape to whip about but then slow as if the wind itself was unable to perturb the equanimity of the real superman.

It was what the Adversary hadn't understood at Oakcourt, Crystaline Lake, or even the Last Castle. They weren't fighting to win. They were just fighting to ensure the Adversary didn't win. Or that that victory took longer than it should have. That the cost was higher. They were playing completely different games.

Prime said:
His teeth clenched into a grim gritted fault line. His wild-yonder eyes locked onto the "Real" Superman with a quickness and a vengeance. "MAGIC."

The real superman was hovering in a bubble of calm serenity, not even looking at Prime. Instead the real superman was looking up at the sky, regarding the Northern Star. Blue had once more found the Vorpal Sword inadequate to his needs; it had become a vestigial appendage that didn't quite fit the way it used to.

"No son," Blue said, as the real superman's gaze lowered back down from the heavens to settle upon Prime's contorted, rage filled countenance. The real superman's smile was sad, even wistful as a small sigh escaped his lips. The emptiness in his own heart made it easy to convey both the terrible sadness and whatever else existed beyond that to Prime. So Blue did what any great jazz player did and pour his heart out all over his audience. "What you feel is hope..."

And that last word trailed off from his mouth and continued along the infinite surface area of the Horn of Gabriel. What was put in was a soft breath like the dewy kiss of a puppy, the casual caress of a lover, or the first ray of sunlight after a long, cold night. While the Horn's volume was finite, what came out was always so much more than what had been breathed into it.
 
Jon braced himself for that shot that would end his life and reunite him with his mother, and if the'Prime' were to be believed his maybe his father. At least he went out with everything he had. But then the shot never came.

Instead he heard a voice call out to him.

She fired a quick look at Jon. "Get on the ship, Jon. In the Blue Box. Now!"

"So you can hurt me," Prime snarled, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, sauntering, circling, gauging this new enemy, "doesn't mean you can stop me."

The Doctor curled her fists at her side, and they crackled with eldritch witchfire.

"I have a lot of tricks, Clark. My sleeves are bigger on the inside."

And she unleashed that storm of magic energy-- blasted Prime with both hands, both barrels--

--Prime sneered--

--stepped through the magic onslaught like it was a light breeze and threw a blurring knife-hand strike into the center of The Doctor's chest, his fingers lodging there, halfway deep into where her sternum used to be--

The Doctor's eyes bulged.

Blood seeped over her lower lip and ran down over her chin.

She sputtered in disbelief, and flecks of that blood puffed into the cold, dusty Siberian air.

Prime smirked. "I don't like magic. It tickles."

Jon's muscles were sore, more then he had ever remembered in his life. Every step was a struggle but he pushed forward even as he saw the gruesome site of what 'Prime' did to the woman that had just attempted to save his life.

There was no way she could have survived that Jon chided himself. If he was better, stronger, faster... he might have been able to save her. He could have jumped in front of her and took that hand instead of her. Instead all he could do was keep on moving. As painful as it was he moved forward towards the blue box.

Then he heard that familar voice and turned. "Dad?" he said softely. Whoever it was looked a like his father, but there were differences. It gave Jon hope as he watched at first the two battle and 'Prime' seemed to be staggered. Jon moved closer and closer until finally he made it through the doors of the box only to see how much bigger it was on the inside. He collapsed on the floor, not quite unconcious, but not totally there either as he looked up and saw a golden orange light.
 
As long as you live...

"I'm the Doctor. The definite article."

And an orange glow started to suffuse her body like a sunrise sky pouring out of her pores.

"okay, ow... you... you might want to sit back for this."


“Yeah, not going away. Waited my life for this shit to happen. Not backing down now.” Kyle replied, never letting go. Not backing up. Hell, if she was gonna die, she was dying knowing someone gave a fuck about her.

Holding her in his lap he leaned over and kissed her forehead. He didn’t have the right to kiss her lips. After she died, he would. But not without permission as long as she lived.
 
“Yeah, not going away. Waited my life for this shit to happen. Not backing down now.” Kyle replied, never letting go. Not backing up.

"(Ow.)"

She smiled up at him, incandescent and exhausted and delirious. "That's a good lad."

Holding her in his lap he leaned over and kissed her forehead. He didn’t have the right to kiss her lips. After she died, he would. But not without permission as long as she lived.

If it were possible, she glowed even brighter at that kiss.

And then things started happening. The drops of blood she'd left outside beaded, bobbed up into the air, levitating... and rushed towards the wound they'd poured out of. Even the blood on her chin and the blood that soaked her shirt and suit crawled back into her injury. She twitched, and shivered, and she scrunched up her face in agony and focus, and her hands twitched and fingers quavered...

...the orange glow in her skin coalesced and condensed into the gaping hole in her chest...

...and that fatal injury welded shut like it had never been.

The glow rolled around inside her chest for a few moments more, knitting bone back from jagged powdered fragments, reconstructing blood vessels, syruping the blood back up inside arteries and veins, restoring torn tissue and undisrupting her spinal column.

She coughed, and the energy escaped from her mouth in a golden wisp, and then she opened her deep brown eyes and gazed up into Kyle Raynor's waiting greens.

"That actually wasn't so bad. I've had... worse."

She coughed again, and winced, and placed a hand on her chest. "Oh, ow. Okay, no, it's the aftertaste that gets you."

"He went to stab me in the heart but I managed to slow down time just long enough for me to move it out of the way. Well, I say move it. I... split it. Split my heart."

She sat up, and glanced over her shoulder at Kyle. "I've got two hearts, now. Two hearts are cool."

Jamie Hamilton glanced over at Jon Kent.

"Welcome aboard, Superman. We need to get you to The Sun Room. It's next to the chapel."

"But first...!"

...she vaulted to her feet with a traceuse's grace, then staggered, and put out her hand to Kyle to help steady her.

She smiled at Kyle like he was the turning of the world towards the dawn.

And then she hurried to The Console, started flipping switches, looking intense... looking intent. "Let's go..."

********​

"No son," Blue said, as the real superman's gaze lowered back down from the heavens to settle upon Prime's contorted, rage filled countenance. The real superman's smile was sad, even wistful as a small sigh escaped his lips. The emptiness in his own heart made it easy to convey both the terrible sadness and whatever else existed beyond that to Prime. So Blue did what any great jazz player did and pour his heart out all over his audience. "What you feel is hope..."

And that last word trailed off from his mouth and continued along the infinite surface area of the Horn of Gabriel. What was put in was a soft breath like the dewy kiss of a puppy, the casual caress of a lover, or the first ray of sunlight after a long, cold night. While the Horn's volume was finite, what came out was always so much more than what had been breathed into it.

There was a moment, then, the sort of moment on which whole lifetimes rotate like an axis.

The sound of hope emanated like the roll of the last thunder in a storm.

Kal-El Prime curled his hands into fists, and he clenched his eyes shut, and--

--for a moment--

--blue cricks and jags formed like spidering glass in the darkness that wreathed his soul. And for a moment. For a moment. Light could get in.

Hope could pierce The Great Darkness. It was one of the only things that could. If you let it.

Superboy-- Superman Prime hissed. And--

"NO."

--didn't let it.

The cracks slammed shut and the darkness around his heart boiled black again from penumbra to umbra.

The Doctor fired a glance up at the open doors of the shift-ship, up and out and through--

"Blue! ALLONS-Y!"

Superman Prime swung his hands wide, and then clashed them together in a clap that would shatter a firmament.

krekkaBOOOOM!
 
Last edited:
Another end.

Let the light in said:
--blue cricks and jags formed like spidering glass in the darkness that wreathed his soul. And for a moment. For a moment. Light could get in. Hope could pierce The Great Darkness. It was one of the only things that could. If you let it.

Superboy-- Superman Prime hissed. And--

"NO."

--didn't let it.

The cracks slammed shut and the darkness around his heart boiled black again from penumbra to umbra.

Blue had hoped not to change Prime's mind, but just to buy ever more time. And he had. Even more seconds had been won. He wasn't sure what that meant for the others, but he was pretty sure that this was close to the last move he had. As soon as Prime uttered that word, there was no longer much point to maintaining the illusion. The real superman fell away as the invisibility wrapped around him tightened. Blue reappeared behind Prime with the Vorpal Sword in both his hands. He was pretty sure it could hurt Prime. It had sliced the head off of a blue dragon in the Homelands after all. He just had his doubts how much or for how long, but a few more seconds. That's all he needed to get.

The End said:
The Doctor fired a glance up at the open doors of the shift-ship, up and out and through--

"Blue! ALLONS-Y!"

Blue jerked around.

Superman Prime turned around, swung his hands wide, and then clashed them together in a clap that would shatter a firmament.

krekkaBOOOOM!

The sound wave hit cloak, void, air, scales, air, flesh, and then bone. The cloak enfolded, shunted, and devoured as much as the energy as it could, but it was tired. Blue was tired. The blue dragon scales helped again, as much as they could. Blue's back was to Prime; the wave picked him up and threw him tumbling into the air. He flipped forward and heard a series of cracks like the firework finale during the Fourth of July. He was pretty sure all his bones were broken. His ears felt warm and then syrupy as blood gushed from shattered ear drums. He was invisible sure but the cloak was threadbare. There was so much agony that it didn't come from any place.

Blue landed, rolled a few more feet, and caught a glimpse of the doorway to the phone booth. The cloak didn't need more prompting then that. Blue reappeared at the doorway, but still unable to teleport across its threshold, his hands dug into the ground, pulling, scrabbling at the doorway. His bones were broken in his arms, but his muscles pulled even as bone fragments pushed through his skin. His head crossed the threshold. Fingers nails torn. Blood came from everywhere.

His eyes kept fixed on the floor as he pulled his body forward a few more inches. His legs weren't responding like they should have. He couldn't feel them anymore. The pain had retreated to nothingness below his chest. His body felt heavier. Without the support of bones, it was really hard to do much. The cloak shot up and over his body, wrapping around a console and slung shot him over the threshold.

Blue rolled like a rag doll. The Cloak looked threadbare. Blue looked up at the ceiling. He couldn't feel most of his body, but the pain in his arms and head was more than enough.
 
Back
Top