Labyrinth (1 male needed, PM if interested)

"Just name the point we are racing to my Queen and Shadow and I will meet you there." he laughed.
 
"Princess and I will see you at that tree about four hundred yards ahead, the huge oak," Sarah said, pointing to it. She grinned. "See you later!" She squeezed her thighs and urged Princess into a gallop before Jareth could say anything.
 
"You cheat," He laughed as he squeezed shadows flanks and the horse shot forward like an arrow released from a bow. Within a hundred yards they had caught up to the Queen and Princess and Shadow paced them for the next two hundred the two of them laughing as the wind whipped their hair around. Jareth then stood up in his stirrups and gave his Queen a regal bow before nudging Shadow again. He took off and they soon reached the tree and slowed circling it and stopped the Queen still 50 yards distant. Shadow snorted and Jareth laughed. "Yes Yes I know, but she is my Queen. Let her believe she has a chance." Shadow blew out his breath in a sigh and then he and Jareth waited for Sarah to arrive.
 
Sarah nudged Princess on further. "Come on girl, we can do it," she told her horse softly as the two of them became won. She knew he'd wait for her, making her believe she had a chance.
 
Jareth slowly started walking shadow towards the tree always keeping an eye on the fast approaching form of his Queen. Then he dropped the reins and handed over control to Shadow. "How about a length this time Shadow," He laughed. His horse snorted and his ears rotated backwards as he started walking a bit faster. Suddenly he bolted forward and they passed the tree and stopped almost dead Jareth laughing with glee. Sarah and Princess galloped passed them and slowly pulled up.
 
Sarah reigned Princess in and she was laughing in delight. "Very good race, love," she laughed. She patted her horse's neck. "Good girl."
 
Jareth laughed with her. "Why you almost beat us that time my dear. Both Shadow and myself were a tad worried weren't we boy?" he patted shadows shoulder. Shadow nodded then sighed. Both Jareth and Sarah laughed.
 
Sarah laughed with Jareth and stroked Shadow between his ears. "There's flowers blooming," she noted, smiling. "There weren't flowers here before. . ."
 
Jareth looked around. Sure enough there were flowers on the hill. "These should not be here. We are still miles away from your zone of influence and I have heard no reports of them from anyone. How has this happened?"
 
"That is correct my wife. But we are too far away. No this is something new. Look, at the base of the hill is the Fiery's domain and it is unaffected. Where we raced is unaffected. It is just this spot that has been changed. If we could figure out why perhaps we could figure out a way to curb the spread of this new land."
 
"They're lilacs, Jareth," Sarah said, frowning. "This climate's not typically suited for lilacs. . ." Suddenly, she felt a little scared, but also very curious. She nudged Princess closer to the strange lilacs.
 
Jareth had been looking all around trying to see how far the flowers extended and did not here Sarah's comment. As he turned around he saw her approaching the strange flowers. "Be very careful my Queen. We don't know what we are dealing with here."
 
Jareth was worried. He didn't think these lilacs were anything to do with his wife at all. They were too far away from any of her zones of influence and the flowers were nothing like the ones he had been told about from any of his advisers. If that was the case then where had they come from and why were they here?

Suddenly Jareth had a wild thought. "Sarah, Back away from those flowers now," he yelled as he raced Shadow towards her.
 
Sarah heard and began backing away as Shadow ran towards her. "What is it, Jareth?" She asked, slightly alarmed.
 
Jareth knew he should have trusted his instincts. He was halfway to his wife when the flowers all released a cloud of sweet smelling pollen. Princess had already begun running for the edge of the field, so Jareth did the easiest thing to do in the situation. Leaning over he reached out and grabbed his wife around the waist and hoisted her into the saddle in front of him and gave shadow his head pointing him towards the Fiery's land's. He took off and within seconds they cleared the cloud and begun to dash down the hill. Jareth looked at Sarah but so far she looked okay. Leaning in he kissed her as Shadow eased back on his speed as they entered the Fiery's jungle.
 
Sarah barely registered what happened,but she relaxed into Jareth's arms as they went toward the fiery's land. She returned his kiss and sighed. "What was that?" She asked almost sleepily.
 
"I'm not sure," answered Jareth as shadow walked on feeling her snuggle into him. "I do know it had nothing to do with you though. I felt dark magic involved in them and you my dear are all light." he said leaning down and kissing her, then straightening up suppressing a yawn.
 
Sarah kissed him back. "Should we head back to Goblin City?" She asked softly. "Princess knows her way back."
 
"No we will press on. As long as we appear to have suffered no ill effects we might as well continue. If it looks like something has happened we will return straight away," Jareth looks down smiling at his Queen, "Besides I really do want to see your lands for myself."
 
Shadow pulled up and waited as Princess finally caught up to them. Jareth helped Sarah to mount then looked behind him. The entire hilltop was covered in a dense haze of pollen and the rest of their retinue was stuck on the other side of it. That indeed may have been it's only purpose but he didn't think so. Summoning his magic again he conjured a majestic sabre around his waist and a slim but razor sharp rapier around his wife's.
"Always better to be safe than sorry my dear. Now let us go visit the fiery's. I believe they have been dieing to meet you again."
 
"Have they, now?" Sarah asked, smiling brilliantly. She kept a hand on her rapier as she trotted a bit further into the Firey's land, smiling,, looking at him."What have your reports been telling you about that?"
 
Jareth smiled back remembering her encounter three years ago. "Oh don't worry my dear, the Fiery's don't blame you for what you did. In fact they are rather impressed with the way you defeated them. They still tell other beings how proud they are that the Queen defeated them and the ones you encountered are held in high regard."
 
Back
Top