Carrier to invest Trump deal tax breaks in automation

Political orientation.

;)

They deserve what they earn and the people who go to their movies deserved to be ripped off by not only them, but the theater itself. Right Mag? They probably voted for Obama/Clinton...

Like federal employees - the most overpaid people in the country.
 
If he has a serious illness he'll be on the first plane to Havana to take advantage of their world class healthcare system.

Wouldn't we all?

American hospitals kill people to overcompensate their executives from the savings on treatment.

:nods:
 
Wouldn't we all?

American hospitals kill people to overcompensate their executives from the savings on treatment.

:nods:

Isn't it strange how their healthcare system is so good but everything else in the country is stuck in the fifties?
 
Isn't it strange how their healthcare system is so good but everything else in the country is stuck in the fifties?

It's good if you are a tourist or in the ruling class.

I read an article recently claiming that with relaxation of sanctions and increasing tourism that food for the people is becoming scarce and expensive.
 
I would prefer Bernie as Pres. I would settle for Hillary.

No, I really don't feel bad for Trump voters losing their jobs because of his direct intervention. They put their fate in his hands and he fumbled the ball like Jay Cutler.

Listen to yourself. We don't have a fucking Monarch or Dictator. Our fate should be in our own hands, and the only way that is going to happen is to strip government to the bone.

Ishmael
 
I do feel sorry for Clinton voters.

They were the victims of fake news.

And all the time their focus was on FAUX News...
 
Though a bit too highbrow for most here, it's a good little read.

A pitiful, but true, observation. And pretty much a window into the state of the US educational system. Most folks know fuck all about economics, but, as witnessed in this thread, it doesn't stop them from pontificating on the subject.

Ishmael
 
We really do need to improve education in America.

How about it, Republicans?
 
It's odd that those who contribute almost zero to the economy and do not contribute to the labor force are always the loudest experts on the economy, stupid.
 
We really do need to improve education in America.

How about it, Republicans?

Absolutely. Abolish the Department of Education take those savings lower taxes so that parents have more to voluntarily donate to their schools as they see fit.

Encourage right to work laws in States. Forbid tenured teacher requirements in collective bargaining agreements

That should do it.
 
Absolutely. Abolish the Department of Education take those savings lower taxes so that parents have more to voluntarily donate to their schools as they see fit.

Encourage right to work laws in States. Forbid tenured teacher requirements in collective bargaining agreements

That should do it.
^^^^^^^
summary_zpse62387f2.jpg
 
Why is it these people don't complain about the excessive compensation paid to Leonardo DiCaprio, Madonna, or Sean Penn?

Political orientation.

;)

They deserve what they earn and the people who go to their movies deserved to be ripped off by not only them, but the theater itself. Right Mag? They probably voted for Obama/Clinton...

Because this is not a thread about the wages of actors?

:rolleyes:
 
Automation: Truckers think automation won’t take their jobs for 40 years. Silicon Valley strongly disagrees.
“Three years, at most,” says one venture investor in autonomous vehicle technology, estimating the time before such commercial trucks hit the road...

The stakes are high. Investors and researchers disagree on the exact timing, but most agree on one thing: automation will arrive in years, not decades. The technology could ultimately replace 1.7 million American trucking jobs—trucking was the most common job in 28 states in 2014—yet only create a fraction of new positions. The pay for whatever trucking jobs remain may fade from the current average annual wage of $42,500. Next up: 1.7 million taxi, bus and delivery vehicle drivers.

The forces may hit hardest in states where economic populism is already on the rise: there’s strong overlap between the electoral map showing Donald Trump wins in the presidential election, and a map showing states where truck driving is the most common job. As automation erodes middle-class incomes, even as it grows wealth overall, the 2016 election may end up a prelude of the political upheaval to come.
Hang onto your hats, folks. It'll be a bumpy ride.
 
We really do need to improve education in America.

How about it, Republicans?

Good for you, Phrodeau. You've noticed that Republicans do favor improved educational outcomes by supporting initiatives that take children out of underperforming public schools.
 
Good for you, Phrodeau. You've noticed that Republicans do favor improved educational outcomes by supporting initiatives that take children out of underperforming public schools.

Yup, kids are just widgets, or better yet profit centers. :rolleyes:
 
Republicans do favor improved educational outcomes by supporting initiatives that take children out of underperforming public schools.
And put them into even worse-performing unregulated private charter schools at higher cost. Swift move.
 
And put them into even worse-performing unregulated private charter schools at higher cost. Swift move.

Actually the republicans have pretty much advocated for vouchers. The charter schols were/are an attempt to implement that by bypassing the unions. The results have been, as expected, a mixed bag.

Ishmael
 
Back
Top