Carrier to invest Trump deal tax breaks in automation

UT is headquartered in CT. Carrier div. is headquartered in NC.

What states should they pay corporate tax in?

Ishmael

Again, I didn't vote for Trump and I'm not a laid off or doomed to be laid off Indiana based Carrier employee.

I have thus embraced that I have no vested interest in discussing this topic any further.
 
You've never run so much as a lemonade stand have you??

I used to procure weapons ( nunchucks, Chinese stars, an occasional Rambo survival knife ) for my classmates in the 7th grade. Took the orders, ordered them from a magazine, enough to get free shipping and I got free merchandise for orders over a certain dollar amount.

I Was A Teenage Arms Dealer.
 
I used to procure weapons ( nunchucks, Chinese stars, an occasional Rambo survival knife ) for my classmates in the 7th grade. Took the orders, ordered them from a magazine, enough to get free shipping and I got free merchandise for orders over a certain dollar amount.

I Was A Teenage Arms Dealer.

And were you doing that to make money or to give all the people out there job security? :confused:
 
And were you doing that to make money or to give all the people out there job security? :confused:

https://encrypted-tbn3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkJTyvu4Dj54jFe74-mxv4CXKF3TBnognZl_mGo1vvxVp10jZevg

I plead the Fifth.
 
feds =/= states.....:rolleyes:
You mean you haven't been following this well enough to know it's Indiana giving them the tax break and not the feds? :eek:

That's a pretty basic fact to be ignorant of given all your posts about the topic.
 
Sit back, watch the increasingly-desperate Trumpologists work, and have some popcorn. :cool:
 
https://encrypted-tbn3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkJTyvu4Dj54jFe74-mxv4CXKF3TBnognZl_mGo1vvxVp10jZevg

I plead the Fifth.

Oh yea most fat cat CEO's do!!!

You mean you haven't been following this well enough to know it's Indiana giving them the tax break and not the feds? :eek:

That's a pretty basic fact to be ignorant of given all your posts about the topic.

Nope, this is about as relevant to me as some wife beater in Bama' blowing his own dick off with pappy's six shooter.

I don't give a fuck.

If it's the state giving them the break then even more so.

Why does anyone outside Indiana give 2 pumps of rat jizz??
 
So which would you rather have? Send the jobs to Mexico or invest the money here to upgrade the plant?

I'd prefer Carrier use their own money to make upgrades in their facilities instead of using tax payer money. The net gain is only Carrier's and NOT the communities where people were employed by Carrier. They are still shipping the jobs to Mexico and eliminating other jobs. Many Americans are losing work as Carrier gains MORE money by reducing its own capital investment, and still not giving a flying fuck about its employees who aren't in upper management.
 
Granted so many never realized it in the first place, but so many others seem to have already forgotten that Trump is only in his position as a tool to help bring down this whole corrupted pile of Leviathanian bureaucracy. And so far, even before taking Office, he's doing a F.I.N.E. job, if nothing else but of most excellent disruption.

It's not about Trump, stupids.
 
"Before Liveris came on stage, the president-elect said he’s appointing the Australian-born Dow CEO to chair his American Manufacturing Council."

OH, gee, look what I found buried in the article.:rolleyes:

oh, THE HORROR

so whats the problem,

Trump offered an appointment to a person of quality....so now you are saying he LIED cause of teh appointment?

Or would you rather he appoint a HOMELESS person to the post?:rolleyes:
 
And plans to lay off more workers from another Indiana facility.

https://thinkprogress.org/carrier-automation-trump-deal-more-layoffs-db2554f46297

Where's the kid from the Simpsons when you need a good Ha-ha.

I've noticed that when the topic is boosting the minimum wage, those if favor say businesses that are impacted were going to go to automation anyway.

If Carrier is going to invest in more automation (and really, does the company have a choice?), I'd rather they did it in the U.S.
 
I feel bad for those Carrier employees who voted for Trump.



And then the feeling passes as I say to the TV, What did you expect?
 
You pay your taxes, I pay mine. Shouldn't Carrier pay theirs?

If they don't pay what they owe, the IRS will make its presence known.
If Carrier doesn't owe taxes the powers that be within Carrier would be fools to throw money into the U.S. Treasury.
 
I feel bad for those Carrier employees who voted for Trump.



And then the feeling passes as I say to the TV, What did you expect?

No you don't.

You feel bad that Hillary is not President. You would have preferred her and the complete loss of Carrier jobs, because, as you said before, the executives are making too much money...
 
You pay your taxes, I pay mine. Shouldn't Carrier pay theirs?

No, and here's why: Corporations do not pay taxes, they collect them. They collect them from the consumer. The only reason to have a tax on business is to hide from the citizenry just how badly the government is nicking them and how little they get in return...
 
You pay your taxes, I pay mine. Shouldn't Carrier pay theirs?

They do.

What you THINK they owe might be different than what they actually owe.

What anyone thinks they owe is irrelevant, taxation being a legal construct not a moral one is a matter of protocol. If Carrier just played the legal fuck fuck games right and paid less but did so totally legally then they just hired the right CPA/lawyers and listened to their advice.

Can't blame them for winning....unless you don't mind being that twat.

I certainly wouldn't be so hypocritical, I do everything I can to keep my taxation to a bare minimum, from meticulous record keeping, planning my spending and even writing company policies to maximize write offs/exemptions/benefits etc. This helps me get my consumer better prices and keeps me competitive.

On a personal level I just don't want to give the US government any more than I absolutely have to, if I can legally keep more of my money I will choose that every time because it's simply better for my self interest. Just like the company taking advantage of every tax shelter possible is in it's self interest.

Some years I do better than others, but I don't hate I just up my game and try to keep more next year.
 
Last edited:
That doesn't entitle the public to help themselves to this years earnings.
According to the tax law they most certainly do.

If you go to the store to buy some rice and it doesn't scan the store can say, "Oh, it didn't scan, you can have it free." But if that's not their stated policy you can't claim they aren't entitled to your $5.
You can choose to pay the $5 or take your business elsewhere.
They are due $5 dollars.

Remember, this is about a sort of one-off tax break (I say sort of because it's not their first), not about the company using tax code to pay less in taxes.
 
Last edited:
According to the tax law they most certainly do.

If you go to the store to buy some rice and it doesn't scan the store can say, "Oh, it didn't scan, you can have it free." But if that's not their stated policy you can't claim they aren't entitled to your $5.
You can choose to pay the $5 or take your business elsewhere.
They are due $5 dollars.

Unscanned rice in a grocery store has not one single thing to do with tax law.

They get on the speaker and call for a price check.
 
Back
Top